• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An ideal 2vs2 partner for Sonic?

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Who is a awesome partner for sonic?Is it someone who can help out his crazy gimping?Or is it someone who can cover him from the backround?Who is an awesome partner?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
My friend and I are going to be using a Link / Sonic combo. I think Link can cover Sonic while providing some kill moves and sonic can use his speed to rack up damage. We haven't tested it yet but I think it will work.

Browny

Smash Hater
anyone who can pull out a big smash attack while not being slower than the load times

sonic is the master of running grabs, so i would constantly grab them while hopefully my ally would be right there with me to land a smash attack during the grab.

someone like marth or pikachu who can at least keep up with you and whose fsmash is ranged and powerful

i dont think slow characters will work particularly well in 2vs2. i could imagine someone picking dedede and anyone else vs sonic and ZSS. those two could combo dedede non stop while dedede's ally is too slow to help stop them both

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I can't see ike working simply for the fact because you'll lack decent projectile protection. But I do agree that anyone with priority and power would be a good match up.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I think ROB is a good match. He's fairly heavy, he's got a few good projectiles to help Sonic approach, and he has some high priority moves like his Dmash. Only problem is that he's nbot quite as good at killing as the other heavyweights, but he can certainly help Sonic gimp with his down B.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
me and my firend did 2 v2 's i was sonic and he was wario... and we beat a wolf-DDD combo.

idk i think sonic is a greta partner for anyone because of his ability to rack up damage and just flat out annoy people

if you combine sonics speed and great approachability, with the sneak attacks often seen in 2 v2's or i guess some people may refer to them as "back attacks" (when a person is fighting some one else and you run in and bash em)

sonic is just nasty in this environment IMO

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
My Sonic and a my cousin's Lucario dominated in an all night teams session. We only lost about 2 matches that night.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Any character that can combo and kill efficiently. Fox is probably your best bet, he's almost as fast and has the strongest uncharged upsmash in the game. Sonic should just act as a tank and keep stocks really. Uair can help Fox's recovery.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I would say someone with power and range, like Ike. Now, you can Sonic to rack up damage and Ike will just finish off your opponent.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I think anyone who didn't say Zelda/Fox/Ike are guys who play with friendly fire off.
How does that equate to Ike, Fox, and Zelda? FF on just means you'd be better off picking someone else with zelda for spam, Fox can't use his lasers, and Ike is unaffected. Sure your opponet may not be able to shield camp but a good sonic player doesn't allow that to happen in the first place.

Umby

Smash Master
How does that equate to Ike, Fox, and Zelda? FF on just means you'd be better off picking someone else with zelda for spam, Fox can't use his lasers, and Ike is unaffected. Sure your opponet may not be able to shield camp but a good sonic player doesn't allow that to happen in the first place.
It wasn't an implication that those specific three characters were Sonic's best partners, it was pointing out how all the others didn't seem like great partners for Sonic due to their tendancies.

Zelda doesn't need to proectile spam in a 2v2 to be useful.

Fox doesn't necessarily need lasers.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I think ROB would be a good bet. Heavy, good projectiles, excellent recovery to aid in gimping/not dying, and plenty of KO moves. Just dont hit sonic with that laser!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Any character that can combo and kill efficiently. Fox is probably your best bet, he's almost as fast and has the strongest uncharged upsmash in the game. Sonic should just act as a tank and keep stocks really. Uair can help Fox's recovery.
Not even close to the strongest uncharged. You're thinking of SSBM. He's like... 6th or so in SSBB.

Zelda is great, Kirby is great, Ness isn't bad. Ike is terrible. You have to watch his back at all times, or else he just gets gimped.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Not even close to the strongest uncharged. You're thinking of SSBM. He's like... 6th or so in SSBB.

Zelda is great, Kirby is great, Ness isn't bad. Ike is terrible. You have to watch his back at all times, or else he just gets gimped.
Yeah, I was thinking SSBM. I meant the best uncharged upsmash in the game in terms of speed, power, trajectory/kill potential.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Toon Link, hands down. There is no question that he is the best.

Small, also fast in terms of speed and attcks, loads of projectiles, Sonic Dthrow to Link Dair combo, no one else can compete.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't an implication that those specific three characters were Sonic's best partners, it was pointing out how all the others didn't seem like great partners for Sonic due to their tendancies.

Zelda doesn't need to proectile spam in a 2v2 to be useful.

Fox doesn't necessarily need lasers.
Ah IC. Makes alot more sense now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how about the GaW man, he can pull out the fire match from just about anywhere and with FF on i think they wouldnt have much problem avoiding and not hitting each other

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I think that Sonic works pretty well with everyone, really. He's just ****ed good for teams. It's dumb.

It's like having a little blue sandbagging Isai on your team.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Sonic/Diddy teams are pretty good....
-Sonic's glide-toss is really good. A glide tossed banana to a Fsmash is stupid good.
-Spin-dash is unaffected by bananas

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Do Diddy's bananas affect your team mate? I haven't ever played with a Diddy. I guess you could utilize the bananas to your benefit, but it seems weak if Sonic will trip over them.

Spamming your spindash is the wrong way to play Sonic in general, never mind in teams.

To add to my comment before, among playing Toon Link I believe Jigs would work great. I'm kind of thinking in the melle sence though. Two Sonics wouldn't be good, but it's that idea.

Usings the WoP idea that they both have. It's pure gimp. I haven't acually played this but it looks good on paper.

schof

Smash Rookie
I find that toon link is a fantastic teamate for sonic. The main benefit of TL is he can pop them up pretty quickly, and the low pop up puts them in perfect range for an assault by sonic. Also TL can finish off all the things sonic leaves hanging with his several killing moves.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
One of the posts made me curious.

Besides the lack of priority and projectiles, exactly how would a Sonic & Sonic team work?

Top Bottom