• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's sad that a Gamestop in Ireland can still be "pretty bad" when it has any of those characters...that's unheard of for the US. Hell, three are outright impossible for the US.
It doesn't matter what characters it has, having a few of 2 and 1 copy of another 2 is terrible stock in any store.

Having "rare" characters doesn't make it better since it's still barely any characters to choose from. Having a healthy stock of all 6 Super Mario Amiibos is better stock than that.

I thought it was just an American thing.
GameStop is a huge franchise, they have derivative store chains in a lot of countries.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I mean, I thought I struck gold when I saw 1 toad and 1 pac-man in gamestop the other day, and they're apparently commons lol.

and yeah, my parents went to GameStop when they were in Germany. But for some reason I though the UK and Ireland didn't have them.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It doesn't matter what characters it has, having a few of 2 and 1 copy of another 2 is terrible stock in any store.

Having "rare" characters doesn't make it better since it's still barely any characters to choose from. Having a healthy stock of all 6 Super Mario Amiibos is better stock than that.

GameStop is a huge franchise, they have derivative store chains in a lot of countries.
Having a few characters you can't get almost anywhere else >>>>>>>>>>>>> Not having lots of characters you can get anywhere else, IMO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Having a few characters you can't get almost anywhere else >>>>>>>>>>>>> Not having lots of characters you can get anywhere else, IMO.
Not if we are talking objective stock numbers and selection, though.

As they say, the grass always seems greener on the other side.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I tried pre-ordering Ganondorf at EB Games tonight (I was hoping to do that so I could wait for Dr. Mario to show up at Wal Mart, where it seems like he's going to be exclusive to in Canada, without worrying that I wouldn't get Ganondorf's amiibo), but it turns out that they don't do in-store pre-orders outside of the retro 3 pack (which I have no interest in - between my brother and I, the only one that we really want is ROB).

Still, I did notice that Splatoon amiibos (at least, the individual ones) seem to be getting more common, with at least two of each on shelves. Between that and seeing characters like Captain Falcon on sale at Toys R Us, it does seem like restocks are getting more effective.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
So someone already has the Duck Hunt Amiibo and the Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo:
https://instagram.com/p/67ul2pQrnb/

The Duck Hunt Amiibo looks really cool and that Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo actually looks bigger than I thought it would be.
Duck Hunt Duo looks so great, can't wait for that to release next month. Mega Yarn Yoshi is definitely mega. I'm probably not going to get it though. $60 AUD is pretty expensive for it. ;~;

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't mind having store exclusives as they would guarantee that a figure would be distributed on schedule.
What's it like over there? In my experience, while the store exclusives mean that figures will release on a certain date, there's no guarantee that people will ever actually see them (unless the figure's exclusive to Toys R Us - in my experience, they get pretty good stock).

If the figure's exclusive to EB Games (or Gamestop in the states), you pretty much have to pre-order them or you will never see it.
If the figure's exclusive to Wal-Mart, it will be crammed into some back corner and they'll only get five, tops.
If the figure's exclusive to Best Buy, you will literally never see one - at least in my area, Best Buy only gets Mario characters, Pikachu, and occasionally Sonic and Pac-Man.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
What's it like over there? In my experience, while the store exclusives mean that figures will release on a certain date, there's no guarantee that people will ever actually see them (unless the figure's exclusive to Toys R Us - in my experience, they get pretty good stock).

If the figure's exclusive to EB Games (or Gamestop in the states), you pretty much have to pre-order them or you will never see it.
If the figure's exclusive to Wal-Mart, it will be crammed into some back corner and they'll only get five, tops.
If the figure's exclusive to Best Buy, you will literally never see one - at least in my area, Best Buy only gets Mario characters, Pikachu, and occasionally Sonic and Pac-Man.
Tell that to people still searching for Lucario and Greninja.

There have honestly been more opportunities at getting Gamestop's exclusives than for the other retailers, at least in my neck of the woods.

To be fair, it's not just the exclusives that are hard to keep in stock - it's practically all of them.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Tell that to people still searching for Lucario and Greninja.

There have honestly been more opportunities at getting Gamestop's exclusives than for the other retailers, at least in my neck of the woods.

To be fair, it's not just the exclusives that are hard to keep in stock - it's practically all of them.
Except the common Mario Characters, which they can't get off their hands.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Sure, there is no guarantee everyone will get a low stock figure. Low stock is still better than no stock, though. We do eventually get ours but there is no announcement for when these late figures arrive, you really have to keep a hawk's eye on online stock checkers and what not to even find out when they release.

Granted, I don't care as much about Amiibo stock right now as I am all caught up on the ones I need for now. I just hope the upcoming ones show up at Smyths on schedule. And I hope I can get a Japanese R.O.B too.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So I got Doc on Target.com today.

Collection:
Own: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4palutena::4kirby::4metaknight::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4ness::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
Pre-ordered: :4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob::4drmario:
Wow.

Dont know when it went up, but I even checked this 24 hours later and just ordered two for myself.

After getting a Bowser Jr from Japan today.

Back into collecting mode.

...most are at least available in Japanese for 20 bucks now on Amazon (free shipping). So, all in all, worth it minus the stress it causes me, I have decided. I will be thanklessly happy once I have them all, mostly to be done, more so than to have them.

God wiling how rough the inevitable future Pokemon line may be.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just got my Amazon Prime; wish it worked in the UK amazon, where some prices of amiibo are remarkably cheap until you factor in shipping.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't plan to collect Skylanders, but since I am a Spyro fan and grew up with Spyro games, I wanted to try one of the Skylanders games at least once, since the series has absorbed my childhood gaming hero. They don't look worth it at full price, but this one is a bargain so I said I'll give it a go. Other than getting a Series 2 Spyro figure, I won't be buying anymore of these though, unless I like the game and want to have a character of every element.

I am more genuinely interested in Disney Infinity, as I love Disney and the games look more fun, but it also has the meanest practices in terms of how much you need to buy. I'm considering buying Mickey and Donald Duck figures just to have, but I will wait until the inevitable Kingdom Hearts edition before getting into it properly.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Honestly, Mario Part 10 surprises me more since they have specific uses.
Technically in Mario Party 10, all amiibo are compatible, just in different ways.

:4bowser::4dk::4luigi::4mario::4peach::rosalina::4wario::4yoshi:, Toad and all other variations of the previously mentioned characters can be used in amiibo Party and unlock bases for said character in a daily bonus.

Everyone else just gives you lottery tickets for Mario Party Points.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Technically in Mario Party 10, all amiibo are compatible, just in different ways.

:4bowser::4dk::4luigi::4mario::4peach::rosalina::4wario::4yoshi:, Toad and all other variations of the previously mentioned characters can be used in amiibo Party and unlock bases for said character in a daily bonus.

Everyone else just gives you lottery tickets for Mario Party Points.
That's cool. Thanks for the information! I'm gonna take advantage of that next time I play.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMAG0225.jpg

Got Ike as a birthday present for a friend, and Sonic for my first custom, both from Amazon UK.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 71530

Got Ike as a birthday present for a friend, and Sonic for my first custom, both from Amazon UK.
Ike was my second amiibo I bought and along with Dark Pit, I just saw them at the anime theme store and then bought those two, because they are my favorite.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Anyone have experience with Target.com shipping? I got in an order a week ago for ZSS, Ganondorf, and 8-bit Mario. Jigglypuff shipping seemed to be really hit or miss for most people.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has anyone here ever made a custom Amiibo? If so, any recommendations for what kind of paints I should use (it's a Sonic Amiibo if that matters)?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I guess it's getting here today since it's coming from one state over... and amazon sent me a text saying it would.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anyone have experience with Target.com shipping? I got in an order a week ago for ZSS, Ganondorf, and 8-bit Mario. Jigglypuff shipping seemed to be really hit or miss for most people.
I think Jpuff is the only Target amiibo I had shipped, and I didn't have a problem with it. I've had a very small sample size though.

Top Bottom