• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think this also confirms that the plural of Amiibo should just be Amiibo without an "s."
Yeah, since amiibo is actually a name of a product, but we should say amiibo figures and amiibo cards if we really want to add an s.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Yeah, since amiibo is actually a name of a product, but we should say amiibo figures and amiibo cards if we really want to add an s.
Yeah calling them amiibo figures sounds plausible. Although, I'm too use to saying 'amiibos'.

In other news, I was finally able to get a Pit amiibo last Friday. I hadn't seen one in stores for weeks. Still hoping I can pre-order Japanese R.O.B. on AmiAmi whenever they put pre-orders up.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah calling them amiibo figures sounds plausible. Although, I'm too use to saying 'amiibos'.

In other news, I was finally able to get a Pit amiibo last Friday. I hadn't seen one in stores for weeks. Still hoping I can pre-order Japanese R.O.B. on AmiAmi whenever they put pre-orders up.
Never heard of AmiAmi...

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Never heard of AmiAmi...
It's a Japanese online website that sells various anime-related products but they also sell video game stuff too, amiibos included. Amiibos sell out within minutes once they're in-stock on their site. I just really hope I can snag myself a Japanese R.O.B.. Chibi Robo amiibo sold out instantly when it was on the site.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We've known that "amiibo" is the official plural for a while now (Bill Trinen confirmed it on Twitter), but I think it sounds silly so I say "Amiibos".

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I just realized :4drmario:Overdose pills are really dangerous when he is at %0. I just did a match and we apparently were playing tennis with our capes and pills. One hit me and it did over 80% damage to me. I did a rematch and he hit himself with with a pill right at the start and that already did 40% damage.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
16-bit Sonic in an 8-bit 2D Platforming Mario game. If I lived in the 90s and one of you guys went back in time to tell me that Sonic is running around the Mushroom Kingdom jumping on goombas, hitting blocks, and sliding down flag poles, I would've flipped my s***. What in god's name is going on.
I really hope he uses the same sound effects in the classic Sonic games.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
All these amiibo costumes being shown for Mario Maker, and I'm just sitting here waiting for someone to leak R.O.B. and Bowsy costumes :ohwell:
On a side note, how funny would it be if Bowsy was still in his Clown Car for his costume? You could potentially take on Bowser as his son in 2 clown cars and a giant shoe all at the same time!

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
All these amiibo costumes being shown for Mario Maker, and I'm just sitting here waiting for someone to leak R.O.B. and Bowsy costumes :ohwell:
On a side note, how funny would it be if Bowsy was still in his Clown Car for his costume? You could potentially take on Bowser as his son in 2 clown cars and a giant shoe all at the same time!
Bowsy? You mean Bowser Jr.?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

A video showcasing most of the Amiibo costumes in Super Mario Maker (based on the currently released NA Amiibos).

Everyone except the Pokémon has their own level clear theme, and it is generally whatever the level clear/victory theme is from their original games (for example, Link's is the "Triforce Piece Obtained" theme from the original TLoZ - or his victory theme in Smash, if you haven't played NES Zelda).

It's not universal, but a trend that can be observed is that most characters who come from retro and old school games come with classic sound effects based on those games and are silent (Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, etc).

More modern characters on the other hand, tend to have voice clips and have more realistic jumping sound effects (for example, Rosalina has her jumping voice clips from 3D World, as well as the sound you would hear when she jumped from a stone surface in 3D World. And you hear Laura Faye Smith's "Here I go!" voice clip upon donning the transformation). Toon Link, Sheik, and Rosalina are good examples.

Also, despite this being an NA copy of the game, Shulk has Japanese voice clips instead of English ones, so it seems they didn't change them for each region.

Also Sonic's is amazing because when he jumps, he spins into a ball, and also rolls when you do a sliding crouch, meaning you can effectively perform his iconic spin attack (except it's not actually an attack here). It looks so smooth too.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I'm glad to see the Pokémon amiibos are compatible with Super Mario Maker at the very least. 8-bit Lucario and Greninja, excellent. Mega Man looks so tiny and cute. Sonic looks like the best one though, very reminiscent to the old classic Sonic games.

Looks like Slippy is an unlockable costume too. xD

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm glad to see the Pokémon amiibos are compatible with Super Mario Maker at the very least. 8-bit Lucario and Greninja, excellent. Mega Man looks so tiny and cute. Sonic looks like the best one though, very reminiscent to the old classic Sonic games.

Looks like Slippy is an unlockable costume too. xD
We already know Falco and Fox will have a sprite as well, but what about Peppy?

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Wait...Pokemon doesn't have their own level clear theme? Aww...
Oh well. I can finally play Pikachu in a Mario game! I really hope there's gonna be more Pokemon costumes!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait...Pokemon doesn't have their own level clear theme? Aww...
Oh well. I can finally play Pikachu in a Mario game! I really hope there's gonna be more Pokemon costumes!
It's likely that GameFreak was to blame for this. I imagine there's music rights to deal with, which are a whole other issue.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hopefully, they'll add Pokemon end-level themes in a patch later. I could see them either using this or this.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know where I could order something like these glass circle stands in the picture that are under the amiibo? Or just something similar? I've seen custom shelves and whatnot but I want something like this.

I display my amiibo in a row, here is a pic,

but there is no more room because I added JigglyPuff, WiFit Trainer, Little Mac and Pit. My only option is to put them behind the others on the left or right side of the TV but I need something to lift them up if they're going to be in a back row and these glass things would be the most perfect thing to use. I keep my Super Mario World / Mario Party set at work in my office but I have ordered Gannon for my TV stand at home and there is absolutely no room left to keep them in a row. It's already crowded.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Does anyone know where I could order something like these glass circle stands in the picture that are under the amiibo? Or just something similar? I've seen custom shelves and whatnot but I want something like this.

I display my amiibo in a row, here is a pic,

but there is no more room because I added JigglyPuff, WiFit Trainer, Little Mac and Pit. My only option is to put them behind the others on the left or right side of the TV but I need something to lift them up if they're going to be in a back row and these glass things would be the most perfect thing to use. I keep my Super Mario World / Mario Party set at work in my office but I have ordered Gannon for my TV stand at home and there is absolutely no room left to keep them in a row. It's already crowded.
Those seem to be acrylic rods/pillars. You have to carve them yourself usually though. You can order some from here if you're interested.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Those seem to be acrylic rods/pillars. You have to carve them yourself usually though. You can order some from here if you're interested.
Thanks. I'll probably continue to look for something similar that I won't have to DIY because I suck at crafting things.
This is my office at work, I only keep the Mario Party amiibos there except for Rosalina and she looks a little disproportioned with the others because she's supposed to be taller and bigger than Mario and Peach. Also have the Bowser brats, some Yoshi eggs, a star, and a Bullet Bill.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Smash Rosalina Amiibo is weird. It's smaller than Ike and Palutena, for example, but it's taller than SM Bowser, even though the SM Amiibos are bigger overall in comparison to the Smash versions, generally outclassing a lot of Smash ones.

That is a neat Mario themed display you've got there though, @ Rexcalibr Rexcalibr .

EDIT:

Watching a (bad) Death Battle episode, when suddenly:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hello friends;

after two months in the middle east I am back on the boars regularly. Managed to procure Dark Pit and preorders for the retro (official now) three, but not to get a Palutena :( Thats the missing one of my collection so far.

Unless something for Chibi Robo, Mario Maker, Yoshi Trinity, Mii Fighters, Olimar/BowserJr/Doctor/ZSS/etc came out recently.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Smash Rosalina Amiibo is weird. It's smaller than Ike and Palutena, for example, but it's taller than SM Bowser, even though the SM Amiibos are bigger overall in comparison to the Smash versions, generally outclassing a lot of Smash ones.

That is a neat Mario themed display you've got there though, @ Rexcalibr Rexcalibr .

EDIT:

Watching a (bad) Death Battle episode, when suddenly:

Just what happened on the back? Is that....!?

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
i really want to train my lucina amiibo but i literally can't bring myself to tacke it out of its packaging for some reason, nor do i wanna buy another lucina... halp?

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Spanish retailer has listed Shovel Knight amiibo on their website. The cover art is the one from ArtsyOmni though. How strange for them to add that to their website unless it is actually confirmed that Shovel Knight is a future DLC. :drohyou:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Spanish retailer has listed Shovel Knight amiibo on their website. The cover art is the one from ArtsyOmni though. How strange for them to add that to their website unless it is actually confirmed that Shovel Knight is a future DLC. :drohyou:
Does anyone know much about this particular retailer? We had an amiibo leak well in advance before from Raru, a South African retailer (they listed Greninja, Jigglypuff, and the Splatoon figures a full month before they were actually announced). Slim chance they're using the image as a placeholder for an amiibo they know is really coming, but that would be a pretty unprofessional way to do that...

Then again, the fact Omni's art is both on the packaging and being passed off as the figure itself suggests they've been scammed or hacked.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Does anyone know much about this particular retailer? We had an amiibo leak well in advance before from Raru, a South African retailer (they listed Greninja, Jigglypuff, and the Splatoon figures a full month before they were actually announced). Slim chance they're using the image as a placeholder for an amiibo they know is really coming, but that would be a pretty unprofessional way to do that...

Then again, the fact Omni's art is both on the packaging and being passed off as the figure itself suggests they've been scammed or hacked.
I guess it is fake after all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I highly doubt there would be an official Amiibo release date for unannounced DLC characters already. I highly doubt they are even prototyped yet. Ryu and co still haven't got a set date.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, if anyone's missing amiibo, come to Germany.

I'm on vacation now, and they're all over. For the first time, I've seen Little Mac, Dedede, and Rosalina on shelves. And Ike - one store had about 6 or 7, not to mention over 11 WFTs. Oddly, Zelda is nowhere to be seen...

I went and picked up an Ike for myself. I think it may be a second printing since the connector from his sword tip to the base is grey instead of gold, but I like that his face is not derpy, and the sword is nice and straight.

Top Bottom