• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'm training up my Luigi Amiibo and he seems to be pretty good except that he keeps using back throw at high percentages instead of using down throw to any of his kill confirms. Is there any way to condition this?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's some photos of my recent Amiibo pickups:

Also I lined up some of the tallest Amiibos I have. Looks pretty rad.

And my entire set right now:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's some photos of my recent Amiibo pickups:

Also I lined up some of the tallest Amiibos I have. Looks pretty rad.

And my entire set right now:

Ganondorf looks really detailed.

And I see that you have the gold Mario amiibo up there.
So let's see your collection... I don't see Shulk... and I know you have Palutena, so do you have Dark Pit yet?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ganondorf looks really detailed.

And I see that you have the gold Mario amiibo up there.
So let's see your collection... I don't see Shulk... and I know you have Palutena, so do you have Dark Pit yet?
Shulk and Dedede are secured by my friend, as well as Silver Mario. I will likely get them in a month or two.

Palutena I'm just waiting on a call back from GameStop for.

Dark Pit I can get easily, but I have no money right now. Same with Robin and Lucina. I might borrow money for the latter two though.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Shulk and Dedede are secured by my friend, as well as Silver Mario. I will likely get them in a month or two.

Palutena I'm just waiting on a call back from GameStop for.

Dark Pit can get easily, but I have no money right now. Same with Robin and Lucina. I might borrow money for the latter two though.
I don't have money yet too. Maybe wait for a couple of weeks.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Dark Pit has officially been confirmed as a Best Buy exclusive, and apparently, they aren't taking pre-orders on him. I'm not concerned with getting the amiibo, but that seems like an odd move given how extremely limited the supply for store-exclusive amiibos tends to be.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Dark Pit has officially been confirmed as a Best Buy exclusive, and apparently, they aren't taking pre-orders on him. I'm not concerned with getting the amiibo, but that seems like an odd move given how extremely limited the supply for store-exclusive amiibos tends to be.
Best Buy is the store that takes Amiibos the least seriously, so that doesn't surprise me.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, that's unfortunate.

Been wondering if I should wait it out or just get those two on ebay already. I really hate to pay more than retail for Dark Pit, but it seems like it'll be hard to get. I'm going on vacation to Europe in August, so I suppose I could even wait until then to see if I happen across him in a store, but that seems unlikely.

Decisions, desicions...

But then again, as insane as wave 4 was, that's the only wave that I managed to get all 8 characters for retail and all US, so maybe things will work out...?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just gotta hope the MK restocks are a decent sign.

Like I said, importing seems to be the best way for Wave 5. Better do so now before DP increases in price even more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's times like this when I'm just glad that I only want Ganondorf out of Wave 5 A.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm training up my Luigi Amiibo and he seems to be pretty good except that he keeps using back throw at high percentages instead of using down throw to any of his kill confirms. Is there any way to condition this?
It's incredibly difficult for amiibos to learn combo strings, and I think the few that they do learn have be burrowed into their heads from level 1 on. I have a Kirby that can dair > grab > dthrow > fair, but that's because I drilled it in constantly since the beginning - and it's not exactly a good thing, because he goes for it so often it's easy to punish.

They do keep learning after 50, but it just takes time. Keep drilling it in, go several matches only doing that to him. I know it's hard at 50 because he's slippery, but he should catch on eventually.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So this is my collection so far:

Even if some were hard to find at first, I've been pretty lucky so far.

I'm kinda confused with Wave 5. Has it been released in America and are :4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt: coming with it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So this is my collection so far:

Even if some were hard to find at first, I've been pretty lucky so far.

I'm kinda confused with Wave 5. Has it been released in America and are :4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt: coming with it?
American Wave 5A is :4palutena::4darkpit:. Coming in July.

American Wave 5B is :4ganondorf::4zss::4olimar::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4rob::4gaw::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: coming in September.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
American Wave 5A is :4palutena::4darkpit:. Coming in July.

American Wave 5B is :4ganondorf::4zss::4olimar::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4rob::4gaw::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: coming in September.
I wonder why they cringe so many amiibos to release September in US.
In Japan, 6th wave were :4palutena::4darkpit::4ganondorf::4zss:
Next 7th wave coming on July 30 are :4olimar::4bowserjr::4drmario:
And then next 8th wave comes in September are :4gaw::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
9th wave are :4rob::4falco::4duckhunt:. Japan release are so even, I just don't know why American release so many amiibos in September...

Last edited:

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I feel so jammy in the UK, as King Dedede is very rare here, but a friend on my Streetpass group offered one for me for just £13! When I got to his house, I gave him £15 as he deserved it for his generosity.

I now have King Dedede, Ness, Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer. I just wish September's wave would become pre-orderable at GAME.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I feel so jammy in the UK, as King Dedede is very rare here, but a friend on my Streetpass group offered one for me for just £13! When I got to his house, I gave him £15 as he deserved it for his generosity.

I now have King Dedede, Ness, Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer. I just wish September's wave would become pre-orderable at GAME.
My money is coming next week... hoping to get the amiibos I want.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thinking about it, I really hope that Ganondorf is relatively easy to find once September rolls around. On one hand, he's a Zelda character, and those have generally been pretty easy to find. On the other hand, he seems quite detailed, like the Fire Emblem characters, so I'm concerned that they won't make as many as a result.

He's not necessarily a must-have for me, but he's the only one out of this next wave that I really want. (My brother wants Dr. Mario, and Olimar, ROB, and Falco are maybes for us)

D

Deleted member

I really want a Dark Pit amiibo, hopefully I'll have a good chance of finding one since it's in store only and one per customer. Probably not though, one can dream.

Also, look what came in the mail today:

It took long enough, but it finaly came. It was well worth the wait I must say. c:

Last edited by a moderator:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
It's a good thing I imported the Dark Pit Amiibo from Japan a week before knowing that it's gonna be a Best Buy exclusive in the US. I don't even have a Best Buy in my area, so if I didn't get the figure online, he'll end up very hard to find after he's out.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I imported Dark Pit as soon as I saw he was an exclusive. I paid just under $24 shipped. The extra $10 I paid is worth it considering it's released on a Friday and I have little shot of getting one with only one Best Buy in my town. No preorders make it even worse. Now I'm finding out Kirby is rare. So far I have every SSB amiibo out and REALLY want Ryu as soon as he drops. He is my favorite fighting game character of all time.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Any word on US Palutena yet? Other than the fact she's shipping with Dark Pit (teehee), I know nothing about where/when to expect her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Any word on US Palutena yet? Other than the fact she's shipping with Dark Pit (teehee), I know nothing about where/when to expect her.
No news yet, other than the July 31st release date.

I'm personally betting on Target for the exclusive retailer, based on past patterns holding true so far regarding those (with Target always getting female characters).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Dammit, Nintendo, just give us our figure players! It's not like they're too hard to make, sell, and ship. This whole situation is becoming less of a hype train and more of a freak show.

I might just wait on collecting amiibo until they're all common in some way or another. You know they're gonna reprint them.
Every collector knows amiibo are horrible.
I was watching the Nintendo E3 reel, and every time they had amiibo news I screamed in agony of my future self's plight.
So I see you all getting stressed with pre-orders and stuff. Today I went in to get Yoshi's Woolly World and well... I came out with Charizard, Ness AND LUCINA. The key is not giving a **** I guess, I'm getting crazy lucky recently.
I mean, it really just depends on where you live. If you are in a populated area, particularly ones that game, you should not expect to find anything if you dont do it ahead of time. Never give up actually causes some despair in this case, because in places like south florida, there is no hope, and no restock, there are over 300 collectors and they all search every single day in stores that will never receive a restock or even information on how to handle the situation.

Not giving a **** is good, though. I doubt most avid posters here are in that boat.
Just picked up :4peach::4tlink: today.

Am finally done with collecting until Wave 5b. Got Doc on Amazon.uk pre-order. Will probably go after the remaining two through Tenso at the end of July.
Where do you live? I still have done nothing for amiibo since wave 4, and it makes me... sad.
Best Buy is the store that takes Amiibos the least seriously, so that doesn't surprise me.
have you met Walmart?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
have you met Walmart?
From what I've heard, most people had an OK time with Walmart in regards to Gold Mario. They allowed pre-orders, they had lines, and they were blunt about what kind of stock they had.

When I say "how seriously a store takes Amiibos" in relation to the US, I'm really talking about how they handle their exclusives and general Wave launches. Best Buy take them the least seriously, as they don't have any standard protocol for these launches. As a result, most Best Buy store employees would literally laugh at you if you suggested making an organised line or handing out tickets or whatever.

At least other stores handle their exclusives fairly well, especially Toys R Us, who obviously take Amiibo the most seriously in terms of stock and policies.

EDIT:

...."Pretty" Palutena is here!...

Yeah not gonna lie, this figure is one of the worst IMO.

-Face is terrible
-Left hand looks weird
-Staff and halo thingy are really bendy - they were already bent in the box too.
-HER LEFT ARM is bendy! Like, REALLY bendy, it feels like the slightest tug could snap it off!

She is uncharacteristically tall though:

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Holy sheet guys. You'll never believe the luck I had today...

So, as a teenager, I still rely on my parents for money, blah blah. So I was in the shopping centre with my mum, and she decided to go clothes shopping, so I decided to pop into the GAME that was next door to see if they had any amiibo. They did. But not the ones I expected. On the shelf, there were:

1 :4link:, 1 :4dk:, 2 :4peach:, 2 :4kirby:, 2 :4zelda:, 2 :4marth:, 1 Super Mario Bros Yoshi and Luigi, 2 :4luigi:, 1 :4wario:, 3 :4dedede:(Who I had brought earlier this week), and 2 :4lucina:.

I was in shock. Never before had I seen a Lucina in real life, until I looked up. 1 :4pikachu:, 1 :4myfriends: and 1 :4shulk:. Like, oh my god, they had Shulk.

Immediately, hid Shulk at the bottom of the shelf and raced into Primark to find my mum, frantically told her, and she gave me the money because she knows how much amiibo mean to me. And I brought Shulk. It was between Lucina and Shulk, and I decided on Shulk because Shulk is like...out of this world. Like, it was the first one I'd ever seen. When I picked him up, it was like touching the holy grail, my jaw was like, at my knees.

So yeah. My collection now stands at: :4mario::4peach::4pikachu::4dk::4samus::4marth::4marth::4link::4kirby::4fox::4wiifit::4villager::4yoshi::4diddy::4falcon::4luigi::4zelda::4pit::4myfriends::4sheik::4bowser::4sonic::4megaman::4dedede::4shulk::4charizard::4wario:.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
EDIT:

-Face is terrible
-Left hand looks weird
-Staff and halo thingy are really bendy - they were already bent in the box too.
-HER LEFT ARM is bendy! Like, REALLY bendy, it feels like the slightest tug could snap it off!

Yeah, with a character as detailed as Palutena, I expected some problems. I wish there was a Figma one, I would like a high quality Palutena figure.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
http://imgur.com/a/kTqsb#STN0shO

Ike is really getting around in the Amiibo fandom lately.
This is like Zero Suit Wario or Homer Simpson playing Spiderman.

From what I've heard, most people had an OK time with Walmart in regards to Gold Mario. They allowed pre-orders, they had lines, and they were blunt about what kind of stock they had.

When I say "how seriously a store takes Amiibos" in relation to the US, I'm really talking about how they handle their exclusives and general Wave launches. Best Buy take them the least seriously, as they don't have any standard protocol for these launches. As a result, most Best Buy store employees would literally laugh at you if you suggested making an organised line or handing out tickets or whatever.
Seeing as I was hit my a car by an amiibo hunter, and it is entirely the result of the handling of Walmart with Gold Mario (in an area with 12 Walmarts and hundreds of avid hunters)... I am prone to say they do not handle it well at all. Had the stores near me not misinformed as many amiibo collectors, had more strict protocol, or any form of understanding of keeping the time regulated/not holding stock/ customer service, I wouldnt have been hit.

Though a Best Buy employee, on the other hand, gave someone a box cutter in line behind me as we waited for the launch of Meta Knight...

EDIT:
Toys R Us here also are the only ones to consistently put out their exclusives ahead of time.

There is without question the result that Gamestop handles this the best- from knowledge of the product, attempt to assist the most people, willingness to go out of the way.
Again, you are speaking of the technical protocol (which goes out the window here), versus employees. The Gamestop employees in my area have actually become good friends of mine, and have seriously aided my collection with every Shulk, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, and Ike.

Last edited:

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
There is without question the result that Gamestop handles this the best- from knowledge of the product, attempt to assist the most people, willingness to go out of the way.
Again, you are speaking of the technical protocol (which goes out the window here), versus employees. The Gamestop employees in my area have actually become good friends of mine, and have seriously aided my collection with every Shulk, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, and Ike.
I can second this. Went into a Gamestop I'd never been to before, and the guy knew basically everything there was to know about amiibo. Super friendly and helpful, and even had a lengthy geeky conversation during my purchase of a New 3DS XL (my original reason to go there.) They had 3 SMB-series Toads in stock, one of which I acquired solely for its scarcity (I don't have MP10 or C. Toad,) and we had another, lengthier, geekier talk over that. Inquiries regarding future shipments/stocks were answered cohesively and enthusiastically. Definitely the most competent amiibo-related experience I've had in a retail store.

I'm crossing my fingers that :4gaw: ends up being at least semi-common. I wanted him even before the multiple-poses gimmick dropped. Now I'm concerned about availability, due to the amount of production the figure and all compatible pieces will take. Of course, this whole amiibo conquest is a big finger-crossing fest, and I'm not very happy with Nintendo about it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

At least other stores handle their exclusives fairly well, especially Toys R Us, who obviously take Amiibo the most seriously in terms of stock and policies.

EDIT:

-Face is terrible
-Left hand looks weird

EVERYONE is complaining about this, I will take a good look at the Palutena amiibo before I buy it. Yes, I will try to buy Palutena in retail rather than online just in case. If all Palutena look like this, I'll stop being picky.
Holy sheet guys. You'll never believe the luck I had today...

So, as a teenager, I still rely on my parents for money, blah blah. So I was in the shopping centre with my mum, and she decided to go clothes shopping, so I decided to pop into the GAME that was next door to see if they had any amiibo. They did. But not the ones I expected. On the shelf, there were:

1 :4link:, 1 :4dk:, 2 :4peach:, 2 :4kirby:, 2 :4zelda:, 2 :4marth:, 1 Super Mario Bros Yoshi and Luigi, 2 :4luigi:, 1 :4wario:, 3 :4dedede:(Who I had brought earlier this week), and 2 :4lucina:.

I was in shock. Never before had I seen a Lucina in real life, until I looked up. 1 :4pikachu:, 1 :4myfriends: and 1 :4shulk:. Like, oh my god, they had Shulk.

Immediately, hid Shulk at the bottom of the shelf and raced into Primark to find my mum, frantically told her, and she gave me the money because she knows how much amiibo mean to me. And I brought Shulk. It was between Lucina and Shulk, and I decided on Shulk because Shulk is like...out of this world. Like, it was the first one I'd ever seen. When I picked him up, it was like touching the holy grail, my jaw was like, at my knees.

So yeah. My collection now stands at: :4mario::4peach::4pikachu::4dk::4samus::4marth::4marth::4link::4kirby::4fox::4wiifit::4villager::4yoshi::4diddy::4falcon::4luigi::4zelda::4pit::4myfriends::4sheik::4bowser::4sonic::4megaman::4dedede::4shulk::4charizard::4wario:.
Wow, now that's a number of amiibos you got there. Unlike my parents who never gives me money, not to mention giving me money to buy amiibos. They hate video game stuff. So now I'm trying to work so I can get money to buy amiibos and a Wii U console.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Got my Dark Pit Amiibo in the mail around Friday and I'm so happy about it. I'm gonna take a break from collecting more Amiibo until I feel like collecting them again. My collection's looking pretty good so far. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom