• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Got confirmation on my Tenso order. Should have Wave 5a by early next week.

Looks like Wave 6 is confirmed, and will feature :4mii::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4mewtwo:. The rest come out in 2016.
Aw, they took back Falco from June. Dang it, was looking forward to that. : (

On the bright side, Mewtwo this October, looking forward to him! : D And figures the DLC wave would be in 2016. Hopefully there's still time for Intelligence Systems to add Roy Data for his Amiibo to Fates.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So any idea on when we'll be getting information about preorders for the next sets? We had almost two months between preorders for wave 4 and release, but no peep's been heard despite DP/Pal landing sometime next month. Hope they don't just expect it to be a free-for-all on release...

Not to mention the new ones they just announced and hooked into wave 6(7?)

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
TRU has Amiibo on sale 2 for $22 until Saturday. My store is still pretty well stocked with a good variety (minus unicorns) and has received some recent restocks including Mega Man and more Silver Mario.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Do amiibo actually learn or does the AI just carry their play?
I still 3 stock my Amiibo and I've been playing it for like a week now :|

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
New Star Fox and Metroid hype! Can't wait for the Fox and Samus restocks, as well as Falco, ZSS, and the Arwing that's apparently being developed. I'm getting worried about my life savings now...

D

Deleted member

my Greninja amiibo is more than 2 weeks late, it probably got lost
It's so stupid lol. It's a Japanese import and everything. The seller was stupid enough to not provide a tracking number either.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
It's so stupid lol. It's a Japanese import and everything. The seller was stupid enough to not provide a tracking number either.
mines a store order, Australia Post probabaly got the package lost in the mail, hopefully i can get another

D

Deleted member

mines a store order, Australia Post probabaly got the package lost in the mail, hopefully i can get another
I'm convinced that mine got lost too. I'm trying to talk to the seller about it but he's just as clueless about it as I am.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
I'm convinced that mine got lost too. I'm trying to talk to the seller about it but he's just as clueless about it as I am.
my mother is going to contact EB Games and see what went wrong, hopefully they can send another one out

D

Deleted member

No Robin amiibo but look what came in the mail today:

I'm almost sad that I can't keep the Ness one. :c It's for @ SuperTorn SuperTorn

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
First a truck full of Splatoon amiibos gets stolen, now Wooly Yoshi amiibos getting destroyed... both of these came after Nintendo blamed U.S. port strikes for two waves of shortages...

Bull. This is all bull. Talk about a sloppy cover-up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got my first Wave 5a order in the mail today. Should get the second either tomorrow or on Monday.

Dark Pit looks the best IMO. Ganondorf reminds me a bit of Zelda in terms of textures, kind of a meh face. Zero Suit looks pretty good. Palutena looks great, but her face up close looks a little derpy and has fat fingers.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Wonder what caused all the Yarn Yoshis to get destroyed? A fire? Regulations? Someone who loathes Yoshi and thought that hoarding them wasn't enough?

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Just got my first Wave 5a order in the mail today. Should get the second either tomorrow or on Monday.

Dark Pit looks the best IMO. Ganondorf reminds me a bit of Zelda in terms of textures, kind of a meh face. Zero Suit looks pretty good. Palutena looks great, but her face up close looks a little derpy and has fat fingers.
Picture to showcase maybe? : 3

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Between a lorry full of Splatoon 3 Packs getting stolen, and now a shipment of Yarn Yoshis being destroyed, I think there might be a legit Amiibo-themed supervillain running around.

Truly, these are trying times.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
its kinda stupid how people scalp/steal/destroy amiibo to make them rare and wanted. i want a pit amiibo but i cant get one because they are all rare and are going for $50+ on eBay

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm getting a little frustrated about the lack of updates here too. Not to mention the lack of stock...

DP and Pal are releasing here next month, so we should have dates for these by now. Not that it'll help anything, but I'd like to know if I should start trolling eBay to get an import copy or if it will be possible to get them locally. Same with ROB/GnW/DHD since evidently they're shoved into the Wave 6 group - I notice Europe has those three down for Sept. 25, so is that our day for BJ/Ganon/ZSS/Olimar/Doc too? (Not to mention the German page also lists a load more Animal Crossing amiibo, but I'm not interested in them)

Also, what's with the Yoshi plushies? Again, haven't heard a thing about them yet. I thought they were making a bundle for Wooly World with the green plushie, but I can't find that anywhere.

Nintendo is really holding out on the US on the amiibo front:hulk:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not looking forward to being forced to import from Japan for a Famicom-colored R.O.B...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Between a lorry full of Splatoon 3 Packs getting stolen, and now a shipment of Yarn Yoshis being destroyed, I think there might be a legit Amiibo-themed supervillain running around.

Truly, these are trying times.
I bet its mariotehplumbers side kick.
Luigitehplumber

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Picture to showcase maybe? : 3
I guess. Took these earlier today as pictures for either Craigslist or eBay. I want to get back the extra money I spent on the order I couldn't cancel.

Didn't get a good one of Dark Pit, plus only 3 upload per post.

Attachments

Top Bottom