• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's technically still a rumour right now but I can see it happening (due to the Sonic Lost World DLC - Sonic got an Amiibo costume in Yoshi's Wooly World too, which makes sense since there was the Yoshi level in Sonic Lost World too) and I hope it is real.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
With limitied japanese knowledge and a kanji search, the red banner just says something along the lines of, "Use a Sonic amiibo to unlock Sonic the Hedgehog." Nothing about a costume or a weapon from what I can see.

Though apparently the actual tweet wasn't actually screencapped? And so far the Hyrule Warrior images like that use artwork from the game itself and not old artwork iirc.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
With limitied japanese knowledge and a kanji search, the red banner just says something along the lines of, "Use a Sonic amiibo to unlock Sonic the Hedgehog." Nothing about a costume or a weapon from what I can see.

Though apparently the actual tweet wasn't actually screencapped? And so far the Hyrule Warrior images like that use artwork from the game itself and not old artwork iirc.
I could see Sonic being an exception to that though, as it's sort of a cross-promotion with Sonic Lost World and it's Zelda DLC, if it's a real thing.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I could see Sonic being an exception to that though, as it's sort of a cross-promotion with Sonic Lost World and it's Zelda DLC, if it's a real thing.
True but still seems odd they would just use the model artwork they always use, that would make it way more believable and way less easy to fake. Theres also no SEGA copyright on that image either. Though theres no Koei Tecmo copyright on it either so idk.

Though I guess it also goes with the Sonic Amiibo working in Wooly World, considering that was the other DLC level for Lost World.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True but still seems odd they would just use the model artwork they always use, that would make it way more believable and way less easy to fake. Theres also no SEGA copyright on that image either. Though theres no Koei Tecmo copyright on it either so idk.

Though I guess it also goes with the Sonic Amiibo working in Wooly World, considering that was the other DLC level for Lost World.
Well keep in mind it was a SEGA post and not a KT one. They likely just used that drawing because they made it and own it.

But yeah it's up in the air right now.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Someone got Wave 5A from Japan and detailed up close shots of each of the 4 new amiibo to go with them in case anyone's interested:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/399vbb/picked_up_wave_5a_after_work/
http://imgur.com/a/KAvF7
My personal thoughts on how they look:
Ganon looks good, but i think his nose is a bit too small. His cape also looks waaaaaaaaaay freaking bigger than the original pictures of his amiibo with the white backdrop showed before hand. No stand is also a plus.

Zero Suit looks pretty good (lol at how the size of the amiibo is literally as big as normal/Power Suit Samus), Her face looks better than i thought (even has the mole, great attention to detail), but my only gripe is that Gray stand of hers is Ugly as crap imo, seriously why couldn't it be clear?

DP looks great, he looks the best out of the 4 imo since he's a bit cartoonish, the staff looks great! (even tho it makes me wish that he did use it as a weapon in Smash THAT much more). Again, no stand is nice too.

Palutena looks great! The attention to detail is astounding, with her staff, shield, dress and all. They also made a good choice with the stand being hidden behind her legs under her dress so it wouldn't be as noticable (except to Pervents trying to get a good ass shots and such). My only gripe...Her face is a bit weird, pretty big forehead and her eyes are really creepy, lol. Otherwise, she looks great.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does anyone know where I could buy fox retail?
I haven't seen any for a long time. At least he's not that expensive on Amazon when compared to others (only about $20).
Basically this. Fox in retail is basically unicorn-status. Your best bet is buying one off Amazon for like $20. Still a decent price. Got mine that way.

EpicDark

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicDark
Captain Falcon is my strongest, with Auto heal, 20 percent crit rate, and 1.5 times meteor smash damage. he pretty much plays like in melee. could 3 stock a level 9 cpu before level 50 without equipment if that means anything to you.
Eye twitches'
a few pointers I found out while training the God-like warriors I have:

-Fundamentals are always first.I highly recommend that you buff your Amiibo with equipment AFTER they reach level 50. Perfect pivoting and other skills are more important than how hard your character hits with his/her side smash. I also do this because i am well aware that it could take a long time before I get another auto-heal item because fight prospects are always random. However, items like crash run or explosive perfect shield are good to feed early so they can learn how to properly use them to their advantage.

- do 2 or 3 boss fight stages as well as stages like big battlefield asap

-The most stat points total an Amiibo can have is 120, so break it down according to that character. Bowser can definitely use some more speed, while Jigglypuff needs good defense.

-One sweet way to break passive amiibos is this method posted by
Kramburger http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-train-your-amiibo-to-be-more-aggressive.397613/ I typically do this before level 30.

- After level 50, your Amiibo sees him/herself higher than you, because it can probably kick your ass. It's annoying to see them win and still have bad habits you can't break yourself. If you can't beat them in normal smash, enable customs! this will level the playing ground a little. If you still can't beat them, it's best that you do some training yourself. At this point they don't bother to adapt to your play style unless you are destroying them.

-Slow-mo smash is excellent for speedy characters like Sheik because it is easier for both you and the Amiibo to "link" combos.

-When mirroring your Amiibo, try to grab more than you usually do, and every now and then pummel until they escape. Not only will they learn to escape, but to get in a few pummels before their follow up attack after the throw.

-Power characters like Captain Falcon or Ike need 4-5 matches only practicing meteor smashes or edge guarding with eruption.

-It's a little unnecessary to practice using items after one or two battles. Run up to them and grab them the whole match and they will put the rest of the pieces together on their own.

-If you feel like a battle is not benefiting the Amiibo or if the fight is one-sided, it's sometimes best if you cancel the match. They won't learn anything from matches that end early. Bad habits like passive fighting or spamming are picked up from bad matches.

-Every Amiibo should learn how to deal with Reflectors, counters, and spammy characters (link) before level 50. This helps a ton in terms of long battles with characters that have these traits. Spammy character training usually results in spot shielding and/or spammy activity from your Amiibo.

-Probably the biggest rule I follow when training Amiibos is that they should be able to beat their mirror level 9 CPU By or before level 30. There's a slight stat boost at level 30, and a larger one at 50. If they don't have the skills to take on a level 9 before then, then they aren't ready to take the fight to your friends. Sometimes in the mid 20s I have them test out a level 7 or 8 to see if they've picked up enough skills to fight 9 later.

-Some Amiibos have really bad habits that can be picked up by CPUs. ( Samus gets very spammy when playing the CPU in early levels 1-10, so avoid it until around 30 when it's time to test their skills)

:denzel:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Took them long enough for my Lucina import to get here. Now, here she is along with the U.S. version. :)

image.jpg

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Question

Does wave 5 have a launch date in North America?

Is it known which ones will be retailer exclusive?

Will wave 5 include Dr. Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr in North America?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Question

Does wave 5 have a launch date in North America?

Is it known which ones will be retailer exclusive?

Will wave 5 include Dr. Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr in North America?
No launch dates yet - 5 is DP/Pal and they'll be in July, Olimar/Doc/Ganon/ZSS/BJ are in September.

I'm expecting that we'll get the actual preorder/release dates at E3.

No word yet on retailer exclusives, but there are rumors that some might be, and the fact that BestBuy didn't have any exclusives in the last round. Everything is conflicting stories, though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
So only Dark Pit & Palutena will be apart of the wave 5 launch in July?

...With only 2 should be relatively easy to get right....right?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So only Dark Pit & Palutena will be apart of the wave 5 launch in July?

...With only 2 should be relatively easy to get right....right?
Dark Pit's apparently Best Buy exclusive, from what we've heard, and given that Palutena was absent from a Target advertisement showing off upcoming amiibos, she's probably exclusive as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong (don't care for either, but for fans of Kid Icarus, it would be really annoying if all three were near-impossible to find), but I'm just going with what's been seen.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Sonic in Hyrule Warriors?
Not sure how I feel about that.
This sums up my feelings on the matter. That said, I was never interested in Hyrule Warriors initially, then I watched a fantastic Let's Play that covered the entire main adventure mode (he stopped there, sadly), and later watched some of Master Quest, Twilight, and Termina. I have for some reason become interested in it. It makes the Zelda Amiibo I picked up (BTW, you can look up her dress, if you are a fan of that kind of thing) useful for something other than spammy teleport kills. And if Sonic does become useable in some way, I already have the Amiibo, so I don't really care that much. One of the five I've opened (others being Kirby, one of my two Jigglypuff, Zelda, and Megaman, with a used Yoshi I got for $9 in an EB bag somewhere). Might have to grab a Link now.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My Amazon.JP order of 5a shipped. Hopefully I did everything correctly so it gets to Tenso for processing. Best case scenario I get them all by the end of next week.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Whoa, Sonic in Hyrule Warriors? I'd rather have a full-on "Mobius Warriors", but this looks pretty neat too. (Still don't plan on getting the game though... :/)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't wait to see Wave 6 revealed... I predict it will be :4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4falco: (3 retros, 3 Miis, and Falco).

And I think Wave 7 is just going to be DLC characters like :4mewtwo::4lucas:.

And I am liking the idea of Sonic in Hyrule Warriors.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
oh yeah, just received my neww copco to display my amiibo collection!

is it beautiful? ( waiting for ganondorf, palutena , dark pit, zero suit!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since someone mentioned it, it's heavily implied through store kiosks and internal stuff that Olimar, Ganondorf, and Zero Suit Samus are the only non-exclusives, with the exclusives being Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Palutena. And Light Blue Yarn Yoshi as well.

My guesses:

Best Buy: Dark Pit
Toys R Us: Bowser Jr.
Walmart: Light Blue Yarn Yoshi
Target: Palutena (potentially Dr. Mario)
Gamestop: Dr. Mario (potentially Palutena)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I realllly hope Palutena is a Target exclusive if thats the case. At least Target and TRU get actual stock on day 1. If she is at Gamestop then hopefully it's not as chaotic as wave 4. Have no hope for getting Pittoo though, havent had any luck ordering things from BB amiibo wise other than the MK restock.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My Little Mac amiibo came from Japan!

I haven't started to train him yet, but it's really an cool looking amiibo, I don't regret my purchase at all.

I already said I wasn't planning to get any more amiibo besides Duck Hunt and potential currently unannounced DLC characters, but I'm starting to be interested in getting a Ganondorf. This amiibo is do detailed that's amazing, though I'm not sure if I like how his face looks.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
These amiibos will be restocked in the U.S.: :4link::4pikachu::4fox::4villager::4wiifit::4zelda::4pit::4falcon::4sonic::rosalina::4lucario::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4ness:, along with Super Mario Bros series Bowser and Toad.

Although some of these are commons, there are a lot of unicorns, so GET HYPE!
I am disappointed with no :4littlemac::4myfriends::4dedede::4robinm::4lucina: though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm really starting to regret my purchase on my $30 Robin amiibo. It still hasn't arrive and there's 4 more days left on the estimated delivery. I go on the seller's page on eBay and apparently everyone else received their amiibo and were complimenting how fast the shipping was and how they are completely satisfied. I feel that I got the short end of the stick and I'm so worried it vanished or something. I contacted the seller and no response. I'm very disappointed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The bad news is it's gonna be even longer before I can get :4dedede:, :4marth:, and :4robinm:.

The good news? I finally have another shot at :4lucario:, :4wiifit:, :4pit:, :rosalina:, and :4villager:!

July's gonna be hectic for sure. Here's hoping for a good outcome!

Last edited:

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
anybody else think an amiibo RPG game is a good idea?
you scan on one amiibo to be your 'leader', and you have the option to scan on more for other party members, but if you are unable to do so your party members can be similar to the card cut outs in the amiibo party mode for MP10

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

There's some new Amiibos for ya'll (not spoilering because front page has them anyway).

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
Thinking about :4rob:. What color scheme do we expect to get for his Amiibo? In the game he has a different default color for North America. Any chance they might do both for the respective regions making R.O.B. the first Amiibo with a variant?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Thinking about :4rob:. What color scheme do we expect to get for his Amiibo? In the game he has a different default color for North America. Any chance they might do both for the respective regions making R.O.B. the first Amiibo with a variant?
That's actually a good question.I didn't think about that until now.
Real talk,:4shulk:should finally arrive any day now.Really hoping:4ganondorf:is not rare,because I need my man Gan!
pls Alax,I'm sorry

Last edited:

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Went to GameStop today and found three Toad amiibo. Went ahead and picked one up because they're allegedly near-impossible to find. But now I'm wondering... How rare were they supposed to be, exactly? I know eBay isn't selling any American versions, and the Japanese ones are going for upward of 30 bucks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Went to GameStop today and found three Toad amiibo. Went ahead and picked one up because they're allegedly near-impossible to find. But now I'm wondering... How rare were they supposed to be, exactly? I know eBay isn't selling any American versions, and the Japanese ones are going for upward of 30 bucks.
Toad and Mega Man actually just got a restock. That could explain it.

That's actually a good question.I didn't think about that until now.
Real talk,:4shulk:should finally arrive any day now.Really hoping:4ganondorf:is not rare,because I need my man Gan!
pls Alax,I'm sorry
If it's any consolation, Ganondorf likely won't be rare. He's confirmed to not be retail exclusive, and so far every Legend of Zelda amiibo has been uncommon at worst.

Top Bottom