• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Meanwhile at my local Wal-Mart...

View attachment 52076

a **** load of common ones...along with the Super Mario ones in the way... Just looking at these makes me sick...
Haha, just like the one near me.

Btw, I walked into a wal-mart recently and noticed some troll had replaced the smash amiibos with the generic Super Mario amiibos. I fixed the amiibos and told him off. Please don't ever do this guys, it's really childish and it could really ruin somebody's day :c

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
GameStop isn't any better with the amiibos, trust me.

That aside, I'm looking at this Marth amiibo on eBay that's only gonna cost me around $26. I'm thinking of buying it because I'll have a better chance with that than playing a game of chance at retailers.
Pretty reasonable price plus the shipping. It's not only better than playing a game of chance at retails but it's also better than paying over $50 for those.
Haha, just like the one near me.
Btw, I walked into a wal-mart recently and noticed some troll had replaced the smash amiibos with the generic Super Mario amiibos. I fixed the amiibos and told him off. Please don't ever do this guys, it's really childish and it could really ruin somebody's day :c
It wouldn't be that much of a big deal for me if it was the common ones he covered up. If it were the rare ones...yeah, that's a whole different story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty reasonable price plus the shipping. It's not only better than playing a game of chance at retails but it's also better than paying over $50 for those.

It wouldn't be that much of a big deal for me if it was the common ones he covered up. If it were the rare ones...yeah, that's a whole different story.
The price on the Marth amiibo went up considerably. Forget it. x.x

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I broke down and got a Marth today on Ebay for a total of $40 which includes shipping. I got tired of running all over and of course the day that some Gamestops did get a few of them was the one day I didn't go check! I just hope he doesn't have a derpy face.... :(

D

Deleted member

I broke down and got a Marth today on Ebay for a total of $40 which includes shipping. I got tired of running all over and of course the day that some Gamestops did get a few of them was the one day I didn't go check! I just hope he doesn't have a derpy face.... :(
That's probably what I'm going to do too. I just hope I don't regret it at the end.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
That's probably what I'm going to do too. I just hope I don't regret it at the end.
My thinking was, "If that was the full extent of the "re-stock" and we don't see anymore soon, the price for Marth will probably be back up there at $50+". Seems the price went down last week and was going back up so I figured I better do it if I was going to do it! You know?

D

Deleted member

My thinking was, "If that was the full extent of the "re-stock" and we don't see anymore soon, the price for Marth will probably be back up there at $50+". Seems the price went down last week and was going back up so I figured I better do it if I was going to do it! You know?
So it's better to buy it now than later?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
My request, as a collector: If someone has both a first-edition and a reprint of any amiibo, could you look over the packages very carefully for any external sign of which print run it came from? It could be something as obscure as a slightly different product number or copyright date.

Basically, I'd like to have a quick way to tell which print edition an item is as I expect that would have an impact on value in the long run. It might matter when doing trades.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So it's better to buy it now than later?
Yeah. Amiibo restocks are shown to be limited. Even Nintendo said that they are gonna be. I'm gonna have to try to get Metaknight over the summer for $50 or lower when I have a job again. With Marth, I was lucky since I got the restocked ones. Yay for no derpy merths.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Managed to get myself a Little Mac for £18 in the UK... Not even mad. My collection is coming along nicely. c:

Still, I REALLY want a Lucina. Don't think it's gonna happen any time soon though... :c

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I called customer care, waited on hold for an hour and was told that Shulk was delayed back to June. Called a couple local stores about the matter and they said they have no idea.

I hate lief.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My friend says that he should definitely have the money for Silver Mario now. Awesome, now I can start forming a mini-collection of these variant Amiibos to sell them in a few years.

Can't wait for the inevitable Bronze Mario.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A better quality photo of my amiibo collection thus far.

image.jpg

The one in the middle is the holy grail of my collection...and the import one is my mother****in' trophy right there...and there ain't no award for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, I finally beat my Rosalina Amiibo today. Granted, they were itemless FFAs against Mario and DK too since I was training those up, but I beat her with Rosalina, Ness, Kirby, and Little Mac.

The Ness one is the only one that matters though. The odds were completely stacked against me and I still pulled through. I was so happy with that win. With Little Mac, I kinda just cheesed it with the KO Punch and the super armour and mostly waited on the sidelines, and with Rosalina I just outplayed everyone, mainly got them trapped with my Luma.

A better quality photo of my amiibo collection thus far.

View attachment 52330

The one in the middle is the holy grail of my collection...and the import one is my mother****in' trophy right there...and there ain't no award for that.
Was the duplicate an accidental acquisition or did you go out of your way for it?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh, I finally beat my Rosalina Amiibo today. Granted, they were itemless FFAs against Mario and DK too since I was training those up, but I beat her with Rosalina, Ness, Kirby, and Little Mac.

The Ness one is the only one that matters though. The odds were completely stacked against me and I still pulled through. I was so happy with that win. With Little Mac, I kinda just cheesed it with the KO Punch and the super armour and mostly waited on the sidelines, and with Rosalina I just outplayed everyone, mainly got them trapped with my Luma.

Was the duplicate an accidental acquisition or did you go out of your way for it?
If you mean the Japanesw import, I got it on my own free will.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
My post got absorbed by this...
How get Silver Mario Amiibo?
I have never gotten an amiibo before and I want this one because it is Silver.
Silver Mario supposedly will not be store exclusive and should be available at-least at Target, Fred Meyer, and Best Buy.
I
live in Seattle, what would be my best bet to get my hands on this werewolf slayer?
:4mario:
I didn't want t ask as part of this because I was specifically asking about SILVER and in Seattle.
If you get one, will you use it for Mario Party or Super Smash Bros?
I should get 2 than :p:mario:
Actually I haven't decided yet, though to my understanding that the silver effect only works on Mario Party.

Anyways the May 29 release list:
Wario :4wario:
Charizard :4charizard:
Lucina :4lucina:
Ness :ness2:
PAC-MAN™ :4pacman:
Robin :4robinm:
Greninja :4greninja:
Inkling Boy, gender swapped and gender fluid
Jigglepuff :4jigglypuff:
Mario™ - Silver Edition :4mario:

Did you just read that list in your head in the announcer's voice?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I asked a TRU employee about Silver Mario over the weekend. She knew of it, but had no news of it, then suggested "maybe he's a Target exclusive?"

Surely, I wouldn't take that statement at face value - this was someone who clearly had no idea. Her reaction, however, tells me the chances of seeing him at TRU aren't great.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
I asked a TRU employee about Silver Mario over the weekend. She knew of it, but had no news of it, then suggested "maybe he's a Target exclusive?"

Surely, I wouldn't take that statement at face value - this was someone who clearly had no idea. Her reaction, however, tells me the chances of seeing him at TRU aren't great.
Well according to reddit, TRU distribution centers have already gotten him in. And a fair bit of him to.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Well according to reddit, TRU distribution centers have already gotten him in. And a fair bit of him to.
That's good news. Any word on Greninja distribution? My local TRU told me they don't expect to get any beyond their allotted preorders, but this was the same person who gave me the bad Silver Mario info. All told, right now it's look like Greninja's the only one I'll be missing and probably need to trade for.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
All of you weeaboos are gonna get a kick out of this:

Was wondering how they would handle her halo. Though to be honest IMO, I think they should have left it off.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing as the next wave of amiibos is coming out in a little over a week, I have a question for anyone who's pre-ordered them at Gamestop or EB Games. How does picking them up work? I pre-ordered Ness and Pac-Man back when that was an option, but do I just bring the printed-out version of my transaction from the website and hope that they'll have them in stock?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I caved in and bought a Robin amiibo for $30 off eBay. It's the Japanese kind and everything.
It was cheaper than the Marth and Lucina ones I saw...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/36j3ld/greninja_update/

I really hope this is a good sign at how many most TRUs will receive, as this is a good number even after pre-orders are taken into account.

Greninja is the only Wave 4 I don't have accounted for (Zard I have, Pac/Jig on pre-order, N/R/L I caved in, screw Wario).

Good I guess, but I get the feeling that I'll still end up having to go with a scalper on this one. Hopefully prices go down a bit though.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just hooked myself up with the Japanese import of Lucina for $30 on eBay. Now I just gotta wait for the U.S. version of her to come out next week.

I was gonna get the Japanese import of Little Mac as well, but I've decided Lucina is a bigger priority.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
So honestly, what's the difference between the US and Japan versions other than packaging?

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Great! Then I may import the ones I actually want to open and try to get my hands on US versions for my collection!

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hm, I like the sculpt from what I'm seeing, not digging the giant hole in her hair due to the halo though.
...I just noticed the giant hole in her hair, what are they thinking? Good thing I'm leaving mine in the box.

So honestly, what's the difference between the US and Japan versions other than packaging?
In-box, between $5-$20, depending on the figure. American figures are always worth the most because they're the hardest to get (ironic, since Nintendo's reports show we certainly get the most of the three regions, but the difference is they're spread out thinner and we have complete morons buying them out in bulk making a living off of them). Japan's are the cheapest, and UK's are in between.

Out-of-box, literally nothing, not even the text on the bottom. There's no way of knowing what region an opened amiibo's from.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Been gone for a bit... someone catch me up. Restocks and 4a?? What about US Robin/Lucina/Silver Mario, and waves 5 plus?

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I'm already happy that I got my Pac-Man and Wario amiibo. But I'm still pissed off that I missed out out on Jigglypuff.

My question is for next Friday the 29th should I order the Jigglypuff amiibo at Target online or should I go to the store early in the morning when they're about to open?

I really don't want to pay over $30 for a Jigglypuff amiibo on amazon or ebay unless I have to.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Been gone for a bit... someone catch me up. Restocks and 4a?? What about US Robin/Lucina/Silver Mario, and waves 5 plus?
Japan has gotten restocks of pretty much all the rare Wave 1/2 amiibo, with a Rosalina restock in June, so imports are looking good right now. Worldwide there have been restocks of Marth, Ike, and Meta Knight. And signs of Lucario/Dedede restocks. Only NWS has had any real stock, so while prices on many have gone down, it's still high and dry in the USA.

Marth/Ike have been at some Gamestops, but only 2 at the most with pre-orders being priority. Meta Knight is at some Best Buy warehouse with signs of a 5/29 small restock. Lucario and some Dedede were restocked at one TRU, but no word on the rest of the country/stuck in a warehouse.

Robin/Lucina will be the unicorns of Wave 4 as most stores are only getting 2-4. Jigglypuff/Greninja seem to be decent in number and most stores having a limit on purchases, but you should still arrive early. Silver Mario IDK, seems better in number than Gold Mario.

Wave 5a/b has pretty much already sold out on European websites. Dark Pit is potentially BB only, and Palutena potentially being exclusive somewhere as well (Walmart?). IMO import this round as they'll be out sooner/you'll probably pay scalper prices anyway.

ROB/Mii Swordfighter prototypes have potentially been leaked. Villager has been slightly redesigned for his restock.

Top Bottom