• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Japan has gotten restocks of pretty much all the rare Wave 1/2 amiibo, with a Rosalina restock in June, so imports are looking good right now. Worldwide there have been restocks of Marth, Ike, and Meta Knight. And signs of Lucario/Dedede restocks. Only NWS has had any real stock, so while prices on many have gone down, it's still high and dry in the USA.

Marth/Ike have been at some Gamestops, but only 2 at the most with pre-orders being priority. Meta Knight is at some Best Buy warehouse with signs of a 5/29 small restock. Lucario and some Dedede were restocked at one TRU, but no word on the rest of the country/stuck in a warehouse.

Robin/Lucina will be the unicorns of Wave 4 as most stores are only getting 2-4. Jigglypuff/Greninja seem to be decent in number and most stores having a limit on purchases, but you should still arrive early. Silver Mario IDK, seems better in number than Gold Mario.

Wave 5a/b has pretty much already sold out on European websites. Dark Pit is potentially BB only, and Palutena potentially being exclusive somewhere as well (Walmart?). IMO import this round as they'll be out sooner/you'll probably pay scalper prices anyway.

ROB/Mii Swordfighter prototypes have potentially been leaked. Villager has been slightly redesigned for his restock.
So next Friday will be interesting: many places to get many amiibo, old and new, and locations that all open at different times.

I guess this will be the most chaotic day yet.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm already happy that I got my Pac-Man and Wario amiibo. But I'm still pissed off that I missed out out on Jigglypuff.

My question is for next Friday the 29th should I order the Jigglypuff amiibo at Target online or should I go to the store early in the morning when they're about to open?

I really don't want to pay over $30 for a Jigglypuff amiibo on amazon or ebay unless I have to.
Be at the store. The only reason I don't have JPuff is Target's site was broken and wouldn't let me put her in the cart while others were able to. I was there from the moment she opened to the moment she closed and just kept getting javascript errors that the server couldn't retrieve her price. Exact same thing happened with Greninja on TRU's site.

That's the worst part about this - even when we do our due diligence and am prepared, we can still get burned.

So next Friday will be interesting: many places to get many amiibo, old and new, and locations that all open at different times.

I'm feeling hopeful. Where I am, Target opens at 8, TRU and BB open at 10. I'll definitely be first at Target, and I'll probably be close at TRU (probably not first, but close). I don't have high hopes for Greninja (though reports of a big stock are helping), but that gives me two chances at Silver Mario, I can pick up Robin/Lucina for my friend who missed them and Pac man for my g/f, and maybe snag one more for trade bait if I need to get Greninja off Craig's List.

A second Meta Knight would be great, but it's not something I particularly need - just a nice-to-have. I'm more inclined to let others who need him have the chance before I go collecting doubles just to have them.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Damn, I'll be at work during midnight on the 29th...and my first break won't be until 12:30 a.m....

Last edited:

Bennext

Smash Cadet

So, Silver Mario hasn't shown up on the Target nor Fred Meyer but is on the Best Buy site as well as the others amiibos. How do you preorder or is it too late?

Seattle
The Best Buy in Northgate opens at 10am.
There are at-least 4 Fred Meyers and Fred Meyer opens at 7am.
Target in Northgate opens at 8am. downtown 7am...
Gamestop opens at 10am
Toys R us 10am

What would be my best bet? Am I missing any of the major retailers that have amiibos?

There isn't a walmart in or near Seattle.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Be at the store. The only reason I don't have JPuff is Target's site was broken and wouldn't let me put her in the cart while others were able to. I was there from the moment she opened to the moment she closed and just kept getting javascript errors that the server couldn't retrieve her price. Exact same thing happened with Greninja on TRU's site.

That's the worst part about this - even when we do our due diligence and am prepared, we can still get burned.

I'm feeling hopeful. Where I am, Target opens at 8, TRU and BB open at 10. I'll definitely be first at Target, and I'll probably be close at TRU (probably not first, but close). I don't have high hopes for Greninja (though reports of a big stock are helping), but that gives me two chances at Silver Mario, I can pick up Robin/Lucina for my friend who missed them and Pac man for my g/f, and maybe snag one more for trade bait if I need to get Greninja off Craig's List.

A second Meta Knight would be great, but it's not something I particularly need - just a nice-to-have. I'm more inclined to let others who need him have the chance before I go collecting doubles just to have them.

I see alright then. Only other thing I'm wondering is the line, I'm hearing that some people are going to be at the store like maybe around 3 am. I probably won't arrive at Target till around 7 am. Since it opens at 8.

Will the people who lined up at target since midnight hurt my chances of getting the Jigglypuff amiibo?

Also I'm hearing something about stores doing tickets or something like that for the people trying to get the next wave of amiibos. I really don't know.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

So, Silver Mario hasn't shown up on the Target nor Fred Meyer but is on the Best Buy site as well as the others amiibos. How do you preorder or is it too late?

Seattle
The Best Buy in Northgate opens at 10am.
There are at-least 4 Fred Meyers and Fred Meyer opens at 7am.
Target in Northgate opens at 8am. downtown 7am...
Gamestop opens at 10am
Toys R us 10am

What would be my best bet? Am I missing any of the major retailers that have amiibos?

There isn't a walmart in or near Seattle.
lol I didn't know they still make those Hitler meme videos.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
lol I didn't know they still make those Hitler meme videos.
It's actually a bit outdated to me... I want to laugh but I just can't...

Edit: Hey, is this video reversed?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

You're telling me. My local Target, Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop are all in the same strip mall/within walking distance of each other. lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got in-store pre-orders on Ganondorf and Palutena yesterday at my local GameStop. They had ZSS and Dark Pit too but I already have those pre-ordered on GameStop.ie (two in the case of ZSS).

I cancelled my ShopTo pre-orders on those 4, and also pre-ordered Dr. Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr on ShopTo.

I still have Amazon UK pre-orders on Ganondorf and Palutena. Holding onto the Palutena one as a possible spare for my friend (if Palutena is Walmart exclusive, he's screwed for getting her within NA and doesn't want to gamble with Nintendo World). And the Ganondorf one in case anything happens to the GameStop orders.

I haven't been able to pre-order Jigglypuff and Greninja at all outside of ShopTo, but Smyths still has them listed for the 29th, so I may just cancel my ShopTo orders soon. I'm feeling confident about Smyths getting them. They've been good for Pokémon characters so far.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Broke down and finally bought a Greninja amiibo from Ebay, I had to have him since I have Pikachu, Charizard, and Lucario already and soon, Jigglypuff :lol:

D

Deleted member

I finally imported an amiibo from Japan for relatively cheap.
I only have 4 words to say: Show me your moves!
IMG_0139.JPG

I found a nice deal on Amazon for $25. Not a bad price considering how rare Falcon is.
Though, I find it strange how some parts are just white...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're telling me. My local Target, Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop are all in the same strip mall/within walking distance of each other. lol
One of mine too. Except here is, additionally, a Walmart.

D

Deleted member

Marth amiibo placeholder is up on the Target website. Not yet live but just a heads up for yall that still need him.
I know I'm monitoring that page like a hawk.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
4a::4charizard::4lucina::4ness::4pacman::4robinm::4wario:
4b::4greninja::4jigglypuff:
(Non-NA only)
Throw in the splatoon and silver mario into that mess.
Same here. Also it's Toys Я Us. It's not a TЯUΣ FΛLSΣ.
I called customer care, waited on hold for an hour and was told that Shulk was delayed back to June. Called a couple local stores about the matter and they said they have no idea.

I hate lief.
Calling is a good idea, how do I call my store to inquire about amiibos?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Throw in the splatoon and silver mario into that mess.

Same here. Also it's Toys Я Us. It's not a TЯUΣ FΛLSΣ.

Calling is a good idea, how do I call my store to inquire about amiibos?
1-800-883-8895 Is their customer service number. Again, I stayed on line for an hour so be weary of long wait times.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
So this would be about a 3 hour one way trip for me. Would be cheaper to purchase on ebay for $50. LOL! However, the good news is I did call this store and was able to make an over the phone purchase from my local TRU. Limit one per customer!
The bad news? Well my local store informed me they are only getting 10 Ninjas next Friday, the number that has already been pre-ordered. WTF? How does that work? :(
I wish we could buy online from the Nintendo World Store.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ok. So a co-worker of mine had plans to go to KC this weekend anyway and was staying in Overland Park, which just happens to be very close to The Great Mall of the Great Plains which houses this TRU. Lucario (2) secured! Apparently, D3 is gone and there is only about 8 Lucarios left. I feel lucky to live in the Midwest....for once!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ok. So a co-worker of mine had plans to go to KC this weekend anyway and was staying in Overland Park, which just happens to be very close to The Great Mall of the Great Plains which houses this TRU. Lucario (2) secured! Apparently, D3 is gone and there is only about 8 Lucarios left. I feel lucky to live in the Midwest....for once!
I wish I was in Kansas, though.

By the way, for those who don't already know, look what I found:
tumblr_nm1riftXNw1sophreo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want a salt amiibo at this point x.x

I caved AGAIN and got Marth for $38 dollars off eBay. Someone please take eBay and my debit card away from me even though I still need Lucina.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Current Amiibo Collection:
:4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4ness::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda: Complete Super Mario Bros. set

Pre-Ordered:
:4jigglypuff: *Splatoon 3-Pack*

Imported as of 5/23/15:
:4ganondorf::4palutena::4darkpit::4zss:

Bought from Ebay:
:4greninja:

Might Get Later on:
:4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar::4gaw::4falco::4rob:

Must Have:
:4duckhunt::4mewtwo::4lucas:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So what's everyone's plans for the 29th, and which amiibos will you be looking for?

Personally, I'm heading to Toys R Us first (in my experience, they tend to be the best in terms of stocking amiibo, they have a "one per customer" rule for exclusives, and they're the only store I've seen in my area that has their exclusives in stock), mainly for Greninja (anyone else is a bonus). There's an EB Games nearby so I'll be checking there as well.

I doubt that the Wal Mart in my area will get a lot (amiibos have been more or less shoved into a back corner since they're using the space that the amiibos are normally in for Disney Infinity figures to promote Age of Ultron), and given that it opens at 7 am, they'll probably be gone by the time that I get there, but it couldn't hurt to check. (Jigglypuff's exclusive to Wal Mart in Canada, so that's the main reason why I'd stop by). After that, there's an EB Games nearby where I had my Ness and Pac-Man pre-orders shipped to; I hope that I'll be able to get those there.

All in all, I'm hoping to find :4ness: :4pacman: :4greninja: and the Splatoon amiibos. We might get :4lucina: and :4jigglypuff: if they have any in stock, but I sincerely doubt that they'll be available, and we aren't really interested in :4charizard: :4wario: :4robinm: (for Wario, I'd much rather wait until the Super Mario Bros. version comes out). I'm probably being overly optimistic (at best, I figure we'll get Pac-Man, and maybe Greninja), but that's the ideal situation, not the most realistic one.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I want a salt amiibo at this point x.x

I caved AGAIN and got Marth for $38 dollars off eBay. Someone please take eBay and my debit card away from me even though I still need Lucina.
Marth reprints are just around the corner. Your poor wallet D:

To date, I've managed to secure every Smash amiibo without paying more than retail (not counting shipping and handling for foreign imports). Just be patient!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Marth reprints have been hard to acquire though especially with GameStop last week and walmart.com selling out at 3 am xD
I was super impatient and couldn't wait any longer D: At least it beats spending $70 on one. Maybe I'll try to get Lucina at the retail price.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like at least one of my local TRU will have 50+ Greninjas. Time to get hyped.

Mech0nis

It's a Wonderful World...
NNID
AverageSalviGuy
3DS FC
5215-0381-9754
Question would you need to pre order to pick up any kind of amiibo during midnight?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
In other miracle-like news I found a Robin today hidden behind a ****load of commons! The store also had a lot of Charizards.

I already own a Robin so I'm hoping to trade this one for a Rosalina.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My local Gamestop is telling me they are going to make sure I get Robin, Lucina, and Silver Mario.

That would only leave mesomewhat uneasy about Jigglypuff (and some doubles).
SOLD!!

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just need to get Greninja and Silver Mario and I'm done with Wave 4 (already got the rest of them on the way).

Just curious... will Silver Mario be available in Toys R Us?

Top Bottom