• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Target Memo regarding Friday:

Jigglypuff will be just as bad in the US as Rosalina was. In Europe, Jigglypuff doesn't seem like she will be too bad, though. Not as bad as Rosalina anyway.

Also I was meant to cancel my ShopTo orders on Greninja and Jiggs yesterday, but apparently they are already packed and soon to be charged for. Sent them an e-mail before it was fully processed though. They told me it wouldn't dispatch and be charged for until Wednesday. Don't want to pay for imports when I now know those two will be at Smyths.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Eh… I tried Amiibo Hunting, but lo and behold, there are too many amiibos dedicated to the Mario characters (:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4bowser:). The only one I bothered getting from a store that I didn't have yet is :4zelda:, since I put off from getting her until now. Also, I think every other one of my amiibo (unless :4wario: becomes common in Wave 4) will be from online. So what I ordered in Amazon today were :4samus:, :4fox: and… :4marth:. Here's a picture of my Zelda amiibo. Now I have all of the common Smash amiibo in my hands.

Corsola

Smash Rookie
I want a Dedede, Palutena or Jigglypuff amiibo but all are too expensive unless I invest time into trying to get one for a cheaper price which I cba to do :(

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Jigglypuff will be just as bad in the US as Rosalina was. In Europe, Jigglypuff doesn't seem like she will be too bad, though. Not as bad as Rosalina anyway.

Also I was meant to cancel my ShopTo orders on Greninja and Jiggs yesterday, but apparently they are already packed and soon to be charged for. Sent them an e-mail before it was fully processed though. They told me it wouldn't dispatch and be charged for until Wednesday. Don't want to pay for imports when I now know those two will be at Smyths.
Apparently Gamestop is doing the same in terms of no more orders after launch. Are retailers quitting the amiibo game, or did Nintendo not produce enough of each character?

In unrelated news, guess I gotta go camping for :4pacman: and Inkling Girl.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Personally I think this is good news. I just hope they also keep it to no duplicates as well given the Robin/Lucina situation. As far as I'm concerned, there's no good reason to buy multiples, at least on day one.

Apparently Gamestop is doing the same in terms of no more orders after launch. Are retailers quitting the amiibo game, or did Nintendo not produce enough of each character?
If it helps get Nintendo off their asses and put together an Amiibo Online Store I'd hope so. Nintendo would make more money, have a better idea of supply/demand, and consumers won't have to go through the stress of resellers/staying up late/waking up early/exclusives.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Lol, all dem Lucario and Dedede's. Lucky ass Kansas.

In another news, here's an update on the situation for all of those people (myself included) who ordered the second wave of :4shulk:'s from Gamestop back in February:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/05/2...arrive-in-june-more-wave-4-info-for-may-29th/
Hopefully they should be arriving in about a week or two for all of us. I kind of regret paying $7 extra for early shipping since I had to wait the full 3 months anyway, meh.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lol, all dem Lucario and Dedede's. Lucky *** Kansas.

In another news, here's an update on the situation for all of those people (myself included) who ordered the second wave of :4shulk:'s from Gamestop back in February:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/05/2...arrive-in-june-more-wave-4-info-for-may-29th/
Hopefully they should be arriving in about a week or two for all of us. I kind of regret paying $7 extra for early shipping since I had to wait the full 3 months anyway, meh.
$12.99 plus shipping and tax, which makes up around $19, isn't really a big deal for me. I mean that's exactly how much I paid when I got Rosalina from Target. I just go for whatever delivery speed works well for me so long as I still get it.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
$12.99 plus shipping and tax, which makes up around $19, isn't really a big deal for me. I mean that's exactly how much I paid when I got Rosalina from Target.
Fair enough. Plus, it is Shulk, and given how rare he is, It's probably worth it (not to mention he's one of my favorite Nintendo chars. and my main). At least I'm not paying $40+ for him online on Ebay or something.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I haven't been reading previous comments so I'm sorry if I sound redundant, but how's everything outside of US? Which wave 4 amiibos are common and which ones are rare?

BTW, Wave 4 amiibos are coming to North Amercia in 5 DAYS! :D

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Plan on getting Jigglypuff and Greninja soon? :p
already pre-order! with gannondorf, dark pit, palutena and zero!
but i cant pre order olimar, dr mario and bowser jr yet :(
and splatoon 3 amiibos is coming :p

but i will not buy mario series and yoshi yarn...

i think i love Nintendo too much...

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Replace "YouTube" with "Nintendo" and "New Design" with "New Retailer Exclusive amiibo", then this will be accurate when (not if, when) they announce more of them.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And ... this is my collection! Yes it cost alot...
8 amiibos is good enough for me. I'm fortunate enough to have the rare ones like Rosalina in my collection. I wish I had a Little Mac amiibo though.

By the way, my Japanese Lucina amiibo has been shipped but I probably won't be getting it on my front door until aroud the start of June.

D

Deleted member

I just want amiibos of my mains. Speaking of which my Marth and Robin finally shipped but I won't get Marth until next week and Robin 1-3 weeks.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
well if all goes as planned after hours of waiting for the stores to open I will get :4charizard::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4metaknight::4pacman::4robinm::4wario: silver :mario2:and I will just have to wait for gamestop to ship me splatoon set and :4ness:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Oh no it's adorable.

All currently released Amiibo/Amiibo to release this week, are compatible, with the exceptions of:

-Toad
-Splatoon Amiibos
-Pokémon Characters

Also, Smash/Super Mario Yoshi Amiibos grant you the same Buddy Yoshi functionality as the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos, except...

IT'S PLASTIC YOSHI.

Yarn Yoshi buddies can save custom skins to them, though, so they have that extra benefit.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Does anyone here have experience with how Meijer stocks the new amiibo?

D

Deleted member

My Marth amiibo came earlier than expected! Here's a picture along with my Sheik and a random Kirito figurine.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't been reading previous comments so I'm sorry if I sound redundant, but how's everything outside of US? Which wave 4 amiibos are common and which ones are rare?

BTW, Wave 4 amiibos are coming to North Amercia in 5 DAYS! :D
Pretty much the whole set is rare. Wario and Charizard can be found in most countries, but they are limited. Everyone else is pretty much either you pre-ordered or you never get them unless you go to eBay. That's how I'm getting Pac-Man.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

Oh no it's adorable.

All currently released Amiibo/Amiibo to release this week, are compatible, with the exceptions of:

-Toad
-Splatoon Amiibos
-Pokémon Characters

Also, Smash/Super Mario Yoshi Amiibos grant you the same Buddy Yoshi functionality as the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos, except...

IT'S PLASTIC YOSHI.

Yarn Yoshi buddies can save custom skins to them, though, so they have that extra benefit.
Now my :4diddy:, :4zelda:, and:4sheik: will have use outside of Smash.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord

Oh no it's adorable.

-Toad
-Splatoon Amiibos
-Pokémon Characters

IT'S PLASTIC YOSHI.

Diddy Kong isn't compatible either.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So, a question to those of you who have preordered amiibo from gamestop: Do web-in-store orders ship to your home address, or do they go to the store? I've got three on order right now, one of them being my Shulk, and I was wondering whether or not I'm going to get a call telling me to come and get them before they sell them. I'm kinda worried I might miss it if that's the case, and I'll never see the Shulk I waited so many months for...:ohwell:

Any help is much appreciated.:)

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Kinda nervous about getting the Jigglypuff amiibo this Friday. I just really really hope I will be able to get it. Really don't want to pay more than $30 on amazon or ebay for it. But if I have to then I have to.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Kinda nervous about getting the Jigglypuff amiibo this Friday. I just really really hope I will be able to get it. Really don't want to pay more than $30 on amazon or ebay for it. But if I have to then I have to.
just show up a hour/hour 30 minutes before it opens you should be fine best of luck friday.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Pretty much the whole set is rare. Wario and Charizard can be found in most countries, but they are limited. Everyone else is pretty much either you pre-ordered or you never get them unless you go to eBay. That's how I'm getting Pac-Man.
...Oh no...Do you think there's a chance I could get them on launch date? What if you're like, 2 hours late? Cuz I have exams :(

...3 DAYS...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A question regarding Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. What do you get for playing this "Pixel Toad hide-and-seek" game?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
seriously , toad amiibo is the most fun of the amiibo functionality.

You can scan your toad on all the levels from the game and you must find a pixel toad.
Really like that becaues the game is fun but short and this add some replayability

Top Bottom