• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So basically going by what I just saw on the amiibo reddit, you'll be lucky to have a Target store get four Robins/Lucinas and maybe two Marths, if Marth doesn't go online only. Information came from a known Target employee with access to the system.

Some "restock", Nintendo of America.
I wonder which shipping strike they'll try and pin the blame on this time?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Target may not be the best reference. They basically seem to want to pull out of the Amiibo game anyway, they've been just getting in the bare minimum for a while now. Notice how they are also the only exclusive holder to discontinue their figure.

Toys R Us is who you want to be looking at, they tend to be the best stocked. If they have similar numbers, then you worry.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
The UK literally gets little to no amiibo. Not once have I seen :4littlemac::rosalina::4tlink::4lucario::4metaknight::4dedede::4shulk::4robinm::4lucina::4ness::4pacman:.
Unfortunately, these are the only ones I'm missing. My area is especially bad, I got the last :4charizard:and:4wario:in the whole goshdarn area, it's pathetic. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£100 for a chuffin' :4robinm:and Gold :4mario:, like jeez. I should be able to walk into a store that sells them, see the amiibo I want, and buy it, not have to wait like 2 hours outside for the store to open, only to be told they only got enough for pre-orders. What makes the matter worse, is that Europe hasn't had any restocks announced yet. Ugh. And then we get foreigners importing our stock just because they are too impatient to wait for them to come out in their own countries. I'm not even sorry if I'm somehow offending people.

Sort it out, Nintendo.

/rantover

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The UK literally gets little to no amiibo. Not once have I seen :4littlemac::rosalina::4tlink::4lucario::4metaknight::4dedede::4shulk::4robinm::4lucina::4ness::4pacman:.
Unfortunately, these are the only ones I'm missing. My area is especially bad, I got the last :4charizard:and:4wario:in the whole goshdarn area, it's pathetic. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£100 for a chuffin' :4robinm:and Gold :4mario:, like jeez. I should be able to walk into a store that sells them, see the amiibo I want, and buy it, not have to wait like 2 hours outside for the store to open, only to be told they only got enough for pre-orders. What makes the matter worse, is that Europe hasn't had any restocks announced yet. Ugh. And then we get foreigners importing our stock just because they are too impatient to wait for them to come out in their own countries. I'm not even sorry if I'm somehow offending people.

Sort it out, Nintendo.

/rantover
We actually did have some restocks announced, but it's unclear exactly what regions are getting them. Seems like Germany and the Scandis are, though.

Source: http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/03/1...-mac-captain-falcon-marth-amiibo-this-summer/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Sort it out, Nintendo.

/rantover
I know how you feel. I seriously feel like the luckiest person on earth for managing to get my hands on a Toon Link Amiibo during his wave's launch (which was even the last one apparently). I've never seen his Amiibo anywhere in the UK since......

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
where i can buy GRENINjA and jigglypuff online? .... :( all sold out or very expensive.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've heard from Target inside sources as well that they have regrets about the whole amiibo thing and were seriously considering going online only for everything (I hope they don't - their website never works for me, same as TRU...). How much do you think it costs to ship two Robin amiibos to a store? Ideally, they'd ship in bulk to cut costs, but that's hardly an option with these things. Even packaged with other amiibos, they still have to prep their employees to sort out the unavoidable disgruntled customers first thing in the morning. It's not profitable to them in the long run.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just won a Pac-Man and Little Mac on eBay.

Won Pac-Man for €22. Won Little Mac for €34.

...I MEANT to put in €25 for Little Mac, but I had a brain fart and momentarily forgot that the number was in pounds.

I could have gotten him for €28 on Amazon UK too.

Moral of the story - Don't be too much of a cheapskate. If you find an Amiibo for just a tad over your threshold (in my case, €25) on Amazon or something, and see it cheaper on an eBay auction, just go with the Amazon one. Far less stress. And a bit less money on you. :c

Last edited:

Seige

Smash Cadet
You know... For something that basically rakes in money like candy from a baby, you think they would pay more attention to this. I don't want to pay for Villager. Ever.

Also, is it possible to train your amiibos to learn to play doubles? I've always wanted to see if I could get a Villager + Ness combo going.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know... For something that basically rakes in money like candy from a baby, you think they would pay more attention to this. I don't want to pay for Villager. Ever.

Also, is it possible to train your amiibos to learn to play doubles? I've always wanted to see if I could get a Villager + Ness combo going.
Yes. If you make two Amiibos partners for long enough, they actually will be reluctant to hit each other if put into a 1-on-1 afterwards.

daemon_hunter

Smash Rookie
My college recreation center always has a group of people playing smash on a huge TV. It's pretty sweet actually. I'm kinda shy, so it is always hard for me to ask to play. Today, I managed to ask if I could test out my Pikachu amiibo against real fighters, since I don't have many friends that play smash so it's hard for me to tell if I'm training my amiibo in a way that would actually beat other people and their amiibos. They teased me and said it probably wouldn't do well, but they let me add my amiibo to their battle.

Pikachu kicked butt.

He's at level 45 now, and I'm glad to see I won't have to reset.
Sorry, this made me really happy today.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Exact EU release dates announced.

So I get my May grant on the same day as Greninja and Jiggs coming out, and my June grant on the same day as the June Wave.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Exact EU release dates announced.

So I get my May grant on the same day as Greninja and Jiggs coming out, and my June grant on the same day as the June Wave.
No doubt the first of the two waves will sell faster than hot cakes. Dunno about the second.

I want to try get my hands on :4ganondorf:, :4zss:, :4olimar: and :4bowserjr:. Does anyone know when the amiibo normally turn up on websites for Pre-order?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No doubt the first of the two waves will sell faster than hot cakes. Dunno about the second.

I want to try get my hands on :4ganondorf:, :4zss:, :4olimar: and :4bowserjr:. Does anyone know when the amiibo normally turn up on websites for Pre-order?
There really isn't any normality to Amiibo distribution at this point. Just keep checking around everyday. Pre-orders for the EU June Wave have already happened, so I'm not sure if more will happen.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

From what I've heard there were already pre-orders for ZSS/Palutena. But surely there will be way more pre-orders on many other websites. I suggest checking /r/amiibo. They helped me get my hands on a Jiggly/Pit.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, some GameStops got some Marths and Ikes (a few of each). Sadly, I can't get one due to a lack in transportation.
Today? I was there yesterday, haha.
I bet they aren't even gonna have them online. D:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I got :4wiifit: and Gold :4mario: in the mail today so my collection now stands at 26 amiibo + 2 I have on pre-order (:4pacman: and :4wario:)
I am very happy about it ^u^
I'm going to have to go to GameStop in the next few days to pick up my girlfriend's birthday gift, so it'd be nice if they had any Marth amiibos (the gaming scene in general seems nonexistant where I live, no one at school plays Smash, or even has a 3DS/Wii U, to my knowledge) so maybe I'll get lucky, but not likely.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Weird question if someone was to hold my spot in line at target on may 29th would it be wrong to take that spot
Depends on the circumstances... I knowingly allowed someone who never even came into Gamestop be "first" in line by virtue of his buddy worked there (fair enough - he had class, and honestly these stupid things aren't worth putting aside your education over), but that little act of kindness almost cost me my 6-pack that day with all their servers crashing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm keeping my Gold Mario sealed. Already have Smash Mario for Smash, and regular Mario for other games. Don't need a third.

Gold Mario will look nice on my merchandise display for a few years, then I'll sell him when he's actually worth some big money.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm keeping my Gold Mario sealed. Already have Smash Mario for Smash, and regular Mario for other games. Don't need a third.

Gold Mario will look nice on my merchandise display for a few years, then I'll sell him when he's actually worth some big money.
Same here, though I'm not looking to sell mine any time soon. If he skyrockets in value and gets crazy expensive I may change my mind.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's what I'm doing too. Why make €100 now when I could possibly make 10 times that in the future?

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
where is NESS amiibo? i got pacman, lucina, robin, wario , charizard but NO NESS. :(

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Today's story

Yesterday I called a bunch of gamestops for Marth since Amiibo News was getting told on twitter about a restock. They didn't have any but the majority of them said to call back tomorrow around noon to see if they had any shipments in because they were expecting them. So I did, around 12:30 PM at school in the bathroom calling all the gamestops within a 20 mile radius for a Marth since they were telling me that they only received 2 or 1 and they sold out as soon as they put them up.

Luckily, one only 7 miles away had one left and held it for me for when I got out of school. When I got their around 3 the girl at the counter said like 3 other people called for Marth after me. I am so happy I got Marth though. I got the redesigned one too so no derpy Merth for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sadly I didn't get Marth since my Gamestop was silly and didn't get any. The guy on the phone seemed sad about it too. Like, as in, "nope, sadly we weren't one of the lucky ones." One day, Marth...one day...

I did pick up Kirby though. So now my small little collection consists of:
:4littlemac::4dk::4link::4kirby:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Silver Mario is confirmed to be coming on May 29th, and he isn't an exclusive. He was up on Amazon.ca yesterday, I think .com might have had him too, and Nintendo sent out a press kit and news sites are now confirming the release date. I recommend you US users keep an eye out for pre-orders, or for him in the wild on the 29th. I'm hoping my friend has the money and can find one and get one for me, and I'll give him the Ike I've been saving for him.

Also, more ROB photos:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
12! 12 Amiibo's on May 29th launching the same day! Anyone else think that's excessive?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Ive seen these on Ebay before and I'm like "...whose gonna pay 10 bucks for a FREAKING BOX when a retail amiibo costs only 2-3 bucks more than that?" Seriously. Maybe it's for the collectors who need it or something.

Top Bottom