• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Finalized list of all amiibo I still want to get:
Really Want (will buy on ebay if needed): :4pit: :4robinm:
Want: :4zelda: :4peach: :4fox: :4lucina: :4greninja: :4palutena::4darkpit: :4ganondorf: :4drmario:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently Greninja went up for pre-order on Amazon.fr for a whole hour before selling out. Of course this would happen while I'm out. My friend in New York missed out on it by a minute. But one of the reasons I was out was because I was getting him this:

IMAG0170.jpg

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Let's talk opening the boxes up for amiibo.
I've only actually opened about 15 figures;

what are some non box-damaging ways?
I know it is a big topic on occasion, but I have barely read it.
I liked the one which cut the plastic off just the front and top, leaving it as a stand.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All of mine opened up immediately. I bought them to play with, not to sit around in the boxes. I'd originally considered trying to use an xacto knife or something to just take off the top so I could take them out and keep them in - I've seen here some people hang them on the wall, and that would make a nice storage area - but I'm terrible with the knife, so Ijust took them all out.

Fun fact, the chip is actually pretty powerful. I've got mine lined up on a glass TV stand, and I found I don't even need to pick them up to get the gamepad to read them. I can actually read them through the table perfectly, so I don't have to reorganize them.

Suppose that's another major question about how they are organized. I like to rearrange them a lot, so I've lined them up in the order I got them, the ordoer of how much I like the character, and even their height

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I learned last night that people will actually buy Amiibo boxes for like €20 on eBay. I may sell my boxes from now on.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but most of the Wave 4 listings have disappeared from US retailer sites, including Greninja (still available for mobile).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but most of the Wave 4 listings have disappeared from US retailer sites, including Greninja (still available for mobile).
That has happened for every wave, the impossible ones (which, at launch now, is everyone), disappear from retail for a month or so.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Since quite a few people are doing it...

Amiibo I own: :4mario::4dk::4fox::4samus::4link::4pikachu::4marth::4marth::4wiifit::4villager::4peach::4kirby::4yoshi::4zelda::4falcon::4pit::4diddy::4luigi::4myfriends::4sheik::4sonic::4megaman::4bowser:.

Amiibo I absolutely must have(Hell hath no fury like an Amiibo collector): :4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4palutena::4zss::4ness::4lucas::4falco::4duckhunt::4darkpit::4mewtwo::4tlink::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4littlemac::rosalina:.

Amiibo I will get if I see: :4drmario::4charizard::4bowserjr::4metaknight::4dedede::4ganondorf::4lucario::4olimar::4pacman::4rob::4gaw::4wario:.

Amiibo I will probably never get the chance to get: :4shulk::4littlemac::rosalina:. These three little ughs are probably the rarest in the UK.

Rare Amiibo I got for retail price(£10.99-£14.99 in the UK): :4marth::4villager::4falcon::4pit:.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have:
:dk64::falcon64::fox64::kirby64::luigi64::mario64::pikachu64::samus64::yoshi64::marthmelee::zeldamelee::diddy::ike::lucario::pit::sonic::4littlemac::4megaman:

Currently Shipping:
:link64:

Pre Order:
:jigglypuff64::charizard::4pacman:

Will probably change Zard/Pac Man if I can find a better deal than Amazon.UK & TRU.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Have: :4mario::4bowser::4tlink::4samus::4dedede::4pit::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic: and Toad

Will do unspeakable things for: :4palutena::4darkpit::4zss::4jigglypuff::4roy:

Want but would be fine missing out on: :4charizard::4metaknight::4rob::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4bowserjr::4robinm::4lucina:, SMB :4bowser:

Pre-ordered: :4pacman: and Splatoon set

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Apparently Greninja went up for pre-order on Amazon.fr for a whole hour before selling out. Of course this would happen while I'm out. My friend in New York missed out on it by a minute. But one of the reasons I was out was because I was getting him this:

View attachment 46204
Wow, you finally got Ike! Which amiibo are you gonna get next?
Let's talk opening the boxes up for amiibo.
I've only actually opened about 15 figures;

what are some non box-damaging ways?
I know it is a big topic on occasion, but I have barely read it.
I liked the one which cut the plastic off just the front and top, leaving it as a stand.
I may use the method of cut the two sides and the bottom side. That one is pretty simple.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is there any word on Amazon getting preorders for the wave 4 amiibos?
I haven't given up on the hunt yet as much as I was considering it last Friday.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, you finally got Ike! Which amiibo are you gonna get next?

I may use the method of cut the two sides and the bottom side. That one is pretty simple.
I already had Ike, that one is for my friend. Ike is everywhere where I live.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can someone link me to somewhere( a different thread perhaps) about ways to train your amiibo's
Smashboards mods believe a single thread is enough for the entire component of the contemporary game which is amiibo.
It all goes here and despite my attempts to find out why, and my posts into the webosphere asking for a reasoning, no one will explain it. Hand of god.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Smashboards mods believe a single thread is enough for the entire component of the contemporary game which is amiibo.
It all goes here and despite my attempts to find out why, and my posts into the webosphere asking for a reasoning, no one will explain it. Hand of god.
When discussion isn't just complaining about Nintendo/Retailers like the rest of the internet we'll consider it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
To keep it simple:

To cut down on the sheer amount of Amiibo threads that were basically the same thing, but that kept on getting re-posted.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
When discussion isn't just complaining about Nintendo/Retailers like the rest of the internet we'll consider it.
Let's see, there's training tips, amiibo collections, opening amiibo, speculation on future waves, impressions on current waves, collecting tips, stories, humorous images and GIFs, and other miscellaneous questions, answers, etc. Will you be considering it now?
To keep it simple:

To cut down on the sheer amount of Amiibo threads that were basically the same thing, but that kept on getting re-posted.
An amiibo sub-forum with a few stickied threads for the major topics and room for dedicated threads for more specific issues would solve this problem (or at least make it the same as the rest of the site).

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
I guess I'm late but

Have- :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4zelda::4tlink::4sheik::4samus::4pikachu::4fox::4kirby::4wiifit::4megaman:
Must Haves- :4lucina::4robinm::4pacman::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4shulk: Splatoon Pack
Want but may not gets- :4darkpit::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4falcon::4lucas::4mii::4ness::rosalina::4charizard:

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Because I like making lists.

Have: :4myfriends::4kirby::4link::4luigi::4marth::4megaman::4peach::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4wiifit::4zelda:

On Preorder::4ness:, SPLATOON 3 pack.

The Must Have Absolutes: :4iggy::4darkpit::4charizard::4fox::4falco::4lucas::4lucina::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4olimar::4palutena::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::4pacman::4zss::4falcon::4dedede::4duckhunt::4ganondorf: and Yarn Yoshi.

The "Will Get Eventually/ If One Shows Up": :4bowser::4bowserjr::4drmario::4littlemac::4greninja::4mario::4pikachu::4yoshi::4gaw:

As you can see, I'm most definitely absolutely screwed, or will be by the time I complete this list. And that's not even with the future Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kirby, etc., series that will come eventually.

At least I don't have to worry about those on the Not Interested list: :4diddy::4dk::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4mii::4sheik::4wario::4villager:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Let's see, there's training tips, amiibo collections, opening amiibo, speculation on future waves, impressions on current waves, collecting tips, stories, humorous images and GIFs, and other miscellaneous questions, answers, etc. Will you be considering it now?

An amiibo sub-forum with a few stickied threads for the major topics and room for dedicated threads for more specific issues would solve this problem (or at least make it the same as the rest of the site).
Having threads for each of those would be a flat out organizational mess and would kill discussion in the long run. Training Amiibos could warrant it's own discussion, however, next to no one is talking about that.

Creating threads for micro discussions will create more problems than it will solve.

Though, personally once Amiibos start expanding/Nintendo gets their **** together, a sub-forum would be a good idea IMO.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Well @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix the girl inkling unlocks a Japanese schoolgirl outfit, while the boy inkling unlocks samurai outfit, so that may give you a better idea of which one you want.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do you live in the UK or Europe? Are Ike and Marth commons there?
I live in Ireland. Marth is non existent these days (he was easy to find for two months after he came out though), but Ike is a common all over Europe. When I was getting Ike for my friend today, there were three other ones (though two had bent swords and one had a smudge on the face). I can get him in various places though.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
The amiibo I currently have are in my signature as well as the ones I've already pre-ordered.

However I do want at least one of the Yarn Yoshi amiibos. Mostly because they're so darn cute!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Since everyone seems to be posting their collection and ****, I might as well do the same too. In fact, you can just look at my signature too see what I have, what I preordered and what I will get.

And to those of y'all who were also fortunate enough to get a Rosalina amiibo the day it came out:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here is my collection so far... sorry for the poor image quality...

I am only missing :4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac:. Damn scalpers and their inflated prices.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Wave 1, 2, and 3 complete. (Once MK and Dedede get here). Wave 4 preordered other than the three exclusives. Dont care about the Splatoon or MB series other than Toad. Might get a yarn Yoshi.

grizby2

Smash Lord
guess im gonna wait for a miracle, otherwise, no amiibo for me.

Ness, the One amiibo I wanted... gone in seconds?
I understood they were gonna be "collectable" and all, but jeez what a disaster.
what REALLY makes me salty, is that I wanted something that has a relatively small and honest fanbase, but then people who don't even like the series go around selling them for $666. (no joke, I checked ebay the day after.)
sigh...
at least lucas DLC cant go out of stock and Mother 4 is free ...:glare: good luck to anyone going for them all.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That moment when EB Games Australia restocks all of the Wave 5 amiibo and you just gave your only $20 for your sister to go to the movies.....

Edit: LOL nvm, manged to snag a Ganondorf pre order after I found out that the Wave 5 Amiibos got back in stock.

Also I just realized something....
Ganon Amiibo.PNG

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It isn't.

Many want to know where stores are located.
Many want to know how to train them.
Many want to find friends in the area who also hunt amiibo.
I could go on for quite a while, dear.

The fact that all of these topics, and more, are allocated into one single thread, is self perpetuating. If you want the discussion to be able to be multifaceted, then you guys need to stop closing every amiibo thread and directing people here, despite the topic at hand.

Amiibo deserve their own subforum.
Amiibo are a major factor of the Nintendo product line now, and were introduced with Super Smash Bros.
The fact that this website decided a single thread was enough for every conversation to be had discourages users from discussing more within the realm of amiibo.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Got my Shulk amiibo today, and I'm pretty happy right now.

Top Bottom