• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Just a heads up to Canadians or Americans with Canadian friends. Amazon.ca has put up the preorders for wave 4. I'm not sure when they went up as I haven't be camping Amazon like I have been with EB Games, Best Buy and Toys R Us, but it looks to have been recent as Pac Man is still available at the time of this post.

I'm not sure how much Amazon's stock gets updated but it's probably something worth checking frequently.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I have an additional Diddy, Megaman, and Fox Amiibo. Which should I open? D:

:227:
It really comes down to choice. Since you said you already have an additional one of those three, I'll assume it's boxed so feel free to open all three of them. That's what I'd do, though really I open all of them even if I have no duplicates.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

Well look who arrived this morning!

Also, Play-Asia is doing pre-orders for a re-run of a bunch of unicorns, like Pit and the past exclusives. I snagged a Meta Knight pre-order just in case that Best Buy re-stock never happens. A nice, Amiibo themed start to my birthday I guess!

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
The amiibo chaos seems to be mostly an US thing to me. I'm swedish and I had no problem getting a Pit amiibo, and I can still see Cpt. Falcons sitting around at some places. For the love of god, please don't raid us for our amiibo tho, I need to get Ness and Dedede once they are released/restocked, dammit!

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The amiibo chaos seems to be mostly an US thing to me. I'm swedish and I had no problem getting a Pit amiibo, and I can still see Cpt. Falcons sitting around at some places. For the love of god, please don't raid us for our amiibo tho, I need to get Ness and Dedede one they are released/restocked.
Speaking of pit, this is the reason why any Australian in their right mind SHOULDN'T buy a :4pit: Amiibo from Play-Aisa:
Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 9.06.40 pm.png

Also, we sort have the same situation in Australia with the Amiibo Chaos, but EB Games are very good at getting alot of pre-orders, so no one snatches our stock :p

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I'm thinking as soon as I get Robin and Lucina, I'll unbox them like every other amiibo of mine, but with Lucina, I'm going to take extra care in unboxing her (the trick where I need to cut a flap on the bottom for minimal damage to the amiibo box) and then I'll hang the box on my wall.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The amiibo chaos seems to be mostly an US thing to me. I'm swedish and I had no problem getting a Pit amiibo, and I can still see Cpt. Falcons sitting around at some places. For the love of god, please don't raid us for our amiibo tho, I need to get Ness and Dedede once they are released/restocked, dammit!
Germany and the Scandinavian countries get a real healthy supply of Amiibos (apparently the only ones they really had as much trouble as others with were Rosalina and Shulk), but everywhere else in Europe has it worse than even the US.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm not gonna chase people down about it, but is a little bothersome when the US leeches off of our already smaller stock. It's understandable with Greninja and Jiggs, but the rest haven't even been put up for pre-order in the US yet, we don't know how rare they will be yet. And if anything, the fact we will get them before the US gives the US some foresight on how rare they might be. And when you look at the fact some countries in Europe don't even get certain figures, it's disheartening to think they may not even be able to resort to importing from a neighbouring country.

At the end of the day though, I get that people just want to secure the figures and have them out of the way. It doesn't make me angry, it just makes me sad, especially since I live in a country that does miss out on quite a few characters.
Don't worry, I'm only interested in Jpuff and Greninja. Exclusives are killing us over here.

The saddest part about this whole thing is it's causing a divide between people of different regions. You're fine, but I've seen others make particularly rude comments about residents of an entire country over a stupid plastic toy (actually, this thread in particular has been relatively tame compared to other areas of the internet...). That's how we know this has gone way too far.

Right now, I blame Page Monitor for the problems we've been having lately - retailers' servers are getting destroyed because everybody's using a tool to know exactly when to pummel them with requests. They'd be better off releasing a limited quantity per region of the US, if they'd bother to pay for the website upgrades needed for that...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Is he really THAT ignorant?

Is he trying to be WITTY or something?

Like holy ****

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone know how to dust amiibo figures without making the paint chip? I've noticed that the bill of Diddy's hat and Luigi's shoes get pretty dusty, but when I try to clean them up, some of the paint's come off in that area. It's not very noticeable with Diddy, but a small portion of Luigi's shoe is white instead of brown, and I'd prefer to avoid this sort of thing if at all possible.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I am getting sick of waiting for Pre-orders.
Wave 5 is currently the wave 4 of America.
Amiibo's are the spawn of the Devil.

Is he really THAT ignorant?
Is he trying to be WITTY or something?
Like holy ****
I don't like him.
He's so smug about Captain Rainbow.
He also doesn't give a **** about Lucas or Mewtwo

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was on Twitter making my "Meowth for Smash" posts... when I unexpectedly saw a tweet from Amiibo News saying that Jigglypuff is up on Target.com... I went there immediately and checked it out... I signed up for Target.com account and quickly filled out the necessary information... and I successfully got it! YES!

Now I only have to look out for Greninja and then Wave 4 will be complete.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Story time! I bought :4link: at launch because he's one of my favourite characters and he unlocked goodies in Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. After a couple of weeks, I ordered :4samus: when she appeared online because I really like her in Smash as well. I ordered :4falcon: for my younger brother as a Christmas present; we both love Captain Falcon but I liked for him to have one to call his own.

Around the same time, I pre-ordered :rosalina: for myself and :4sheik: for my brother, ready to get in the new year. When Toad was announced, I ordered him for my brother. It all went swimmingly.

Since then, I've ordered :4zelda: online and added her to my small collection. I'm not getting any of Wave 4 so I'll be as I am presently for a short while. When Wave 5 was first announced, I ordered :4ganondorf:, :4zss: , :4palutena: and :4darkpit: for myself and :4greninja: (and a Light-Blue Yarn Yoshi) for my brother. In the meantime, I'm looking for :4pit: and :4tlink:, hoping to get them sometime soon.

At first, I planned to get the characters I really liked (including but not limited to :4luigi:,:4bowser:,:4dk:,:4jigglypuff:,:4lucario:,:4charizard: and :4myfriends:). As time progressed, however, I decided it would be priority to get the characters that were relevant to my first picks by series. The only characters I knew I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO GET NO MATTER WHAT were :4link:,:4samus:,:4ganondorf:,:rosalina: and :4palutena:. I want to get all the Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus characters first off (1986 series rep yo), and keep Rosalina as a bonus for now. I'll probably dive into others later.

Also, in my spare time yesterday, I edited a picture of a Ganondorf amiibo to look like his Old Manondorf alternative costume. I'm really looking forward to getting Ganondorf. :)

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
My friend is amazing and just bought me a :4jigglypuff: when it went up like half an hour ago. I was asleep at the time lol.

He ordered one for himself too though so I hope target doesn't end up canceling one of his orders.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Story time! I bought :4link: at launch because he's one of my favourite characters and he unlocked goodies in Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. After a couple of weeks, I ordered :4samus: when she appeared online because I really like her in Smash as well. I ordered :4falcon: for my younger brother as a Christmas present; we both love Captain Falcon but I liked for him to have one to call his own.

Around the same time, I pre-ordered :rosalina: for myself and :4sheik: for my brother, ready to get in the new year. When Toad was announced, I ordered him for my brother. It all went swimmingly.

Since then, I've ordered :4zelda: online and added her to my small collection. I'm not getting any of Wave 4 so I'll be as I am presently for a short while. When Wave 5 was first announced, I ordered :4ganondorf:, :4zss: , :4palutena: and :4darkpit: for myself and :4greninja: (and a Light-Blue Yarn Yoshi) for my brother. In the meantime, I'm looking for :4pit: and :4tlink:, hoping to get them sometime soon.

At first, I planned to get the characters I really liked (including but not limited to :4luigi:,:4bowser:,:4dk:,:4jigglypuff:,:4lucario:,:4charizard: and :4myfriends:). The only characters I knew I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO GET NO MATTER WHAT were :4link:,:4samus:,:4ganondorf:,:rosalina: and :4palutena:. As time progressed, however, I decided it would be priority to get the characters that were relevant to my first picks by series. I want to get all the Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus characters first off (1986 series rep yo), and keep Rosalina as a bonus for now. I'll probably dive into others later.

Also, in my spare time yesterday, I edited a picture of a Ganondorf amiibo to look like his Old Manondorf alternative costume. I'm really looking forward to getting Ganondorf. :)
Pit was up for pre-order today on Play-Asia for their July restock. Dunno if he's still there but you could try. Just look for the listing that says "(Re-Run)".

As for Toon Link, dunno what the situation for him is in 'stralia, but here in Ireland he ran out and I had to order him off of Amazon UK. Just got him today with no issues on him or the packaging. You could probably find him on just about any online retailer though.

EDIT: So I'm not sure if Pit was already up for pre order but there is a page for his re-run and it says pre orders will open soon. May wanna keep an eye on this if you're looking for him.

http://m.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-pit-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzb.html

Last edited:

OnettSlugger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gameplayer123
was able to get all except jigglypuff, geneinja, lucina and charizard... I'm really debating if I want to continue collecting these amiibo. hha

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Pit was up for pre-order today on Play-Asia for their July restock. Dunno if he's still there but you could try. Just look for the listing that says "(Re-Run)".

As for Toon Link, dunno what the situation for him is in 'stralia, but here in Ireland he ran out and I had to order him off of Amazon UK. Just got him today with no issues on him or the packaging. You could probably find him on just about any online retailer though.

EDIT: So I'm not sure if Pit was already up for pre order but there is a page for his re-run and it says pre orders will open soon. May wanna keep an eye on this if you're looking for him.

http://m.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-pit-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzb.html
Thank you very much for the details, I will consider it. :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Jigglypuff was up for twenty minutes
The moment I turned my phone off
an hour ago.

I am convinced I have the ****tiest luck with these ****ing things.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Jigglypuff was up for twenty minutes
The moment I turned my phone off
an hour ago.

I am convinced I have the ****tiest luck with these ****ing things.
You and me both. I'm available almost all day wednesday, but it's up when I can't do anything. So now I get the rest of the day to stare at the computer and wish for it to go back up.

The whole collection situation is ridiculous. I mostly try to get US stock, but it's not easy. Right now, about a third of my collection is imported - half from Japanese sellers on ebay, and the other half are German that I bought when I was there visiting family. I can guess what I'm doing the next time I visit this summer...

Nintendo, this is seriously dumb. Just make more already, it's not like they won't sell.

PF9

Smash Lord
Supposedly GameStop will do preorders for online buyers when in-store pre-orders are finished, but I have a hard time believing it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What does it mean for in store preorders to be finished?

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I walked in to GameStop with cash in hand and had to leave because my lunch was over before their computers would let anyone preorder. :(

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I missed Jigglypuff again? Huh.

I've become so disenchanted with these dumb things that not only am I certain I missed her because I simply didn't care to check... I'm not even that upset that I missed her. I just don't even care about these stupid toys anymore.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Im not getting the Splatoon bundle anymore.

Gonna focus on Robin and maybe Lucina.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Damn, apparently Jiggs was up for a full 40 minutes, and on and off for like 20 min after
I totally could have gotten it since I was at work. But you know I was doing that thing you do at work. I pretty much learned about it like 10 minutes after.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to dust amiibo figures without making the paint chip? I've noticed that the bill of Diddy's hat and Luigi's shoes get pretty dusty, but when I try to clean them up, some of the paint's come off in that area. It's not very noticeable with Diddy, but a small portion of Luigi's shoe is white instead of brown, and I'd prefer to avoid this sort of thing if at all possible.
I tend to use a dry paintbrush. Works wonders for me. Just do it lightly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pretty sure those Jigglypuff pre-orders will be cancelled. Target had already said they wouldn't put up anymore after that one initial round, yet they randomly put them up out of nowhere, for a long time too.

:rosalina:Sounds familiar so far, does it not?.... :rosalina:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Owned: :4kirby::4zelda::4yoshi::4diddy::4pikachu::4mario::4dk::4fox::4link::4bowser::4samus::4tlink::4sheik::4luigi::4peach::4sonic::4megaman:
Pre-Ordered: :4shulk:(May Restock) :4falcon:(yesAsia)
Must-Haves: :4greninja::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4marth::4dedede::rosalina::4littlemac:
Want but Can Live without: Everyone else

PF9

Smash Lord
Heard on another forum that GameStop won't be doing online pre-orders after all. Lawsuits are probably not far behind, since online pre-orders were initially promised.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pretty sure those Jigglypuff pre-orders will be cancelled. Target had already said they wouldn't put up anymore after that one initial round, yet they randomly put them up out of nowhere, for a long time too.

:rosalina:Sounds familiar so far, does it not?.... :rosalina:
Target also tweeted telling people to pre-order Jigglypuff a few minutes after it went back up. https://twitter.com/Target/status/585832131777146880

Did they do that for Rosalina too?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I was in a meeting at work and got a text, but I didn't have a chance to look at it until after...and saw a text from my friend saying Jigglypuff was up. Naturally it was long gone by the time I saw the message, but I already figured I'd be trying to track one down in store anyways (and have pretty much given up on Greninja despite it being one of my more used newcomers).

Top Bottom