• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There's not much amiibo on wave 5 and 6 that I want, why they still haven't announce Mr.G&W?His amiibo might have the cheapst produce budget!
Wave 4 for NA is basically just Dark Pit and Palutena. Definitely the Wave that I'll be completing 100%.
Just show me ROB already. I need him.

Also it's probably not best to talk to me about Amiibo at almost 3 am. Cuz then stuff like this happens:

I'll see myself out.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
There's not much amiibo on wave 5 and 6 that I want, why they still haven't announce Mr.G&W?His amiibo might have the cheapst produce budget!
I was wondering why they didn't make Mr. GW either. Maybe they're saving the retro characters (and Falco) for last, pretty much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wave 4 for NA is basically just Dark Pit and Palutena. Definitely the Wave that I'll be completing 100%.

Also it's probably not best to talk to me about Amiibo at almost 3 am. Cuz then stuff like this happens:

I'll see myself out.
GIVE

Funnily enough, one of my recent avatars was from a Rosalina body pillow design.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration

I'll see myself out.
You're not alone.

Rosalina is my mommy.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was wondering why they didn't make Mr. GW either. Maybe they're saving the retro characters (and Falco) for last, pretty much.
I was wondering why they didn't annouce Falco too.
So I guess wave 7 amiibos could be :4gaw::4falco::4duckhunt::4rob:

I'll see myself out.
I hope they can make ROB amiibo as metalic as possible.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't forget Mewtwo and Lucas as well.
I remember they said DLC character amiibos will be release at fall 2015, am I correct? Not sure if they will join wave 7 or not. I'm guessing that they will first release all of Smash character smiibos, and then release DLC character amiibos.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I remember they said DLC character amiibos will be release at fall 2015, am I correct? Not sure if they will join wave 7 or not. I'm guessing that they will first release all of Smash character smiibos, and then release DLC character amiibos.
I think they could probably go on with that plan.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Dark Pit and Paluenta will count as the same wave as the subsequent 5, even if they are slated for different months. We got hoemany subwaves of the past 2?
...I certainly do not remember that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In Europe, I personally consider Wave 4 to be Wave 5, since we get our waves around the the 20th of each month. Sonic, Mega Man, Shulk, Meta Knight, and Dedede were our real Wave 4.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Funny thing, though... if you're already sold out of a preorder for an item that doesn't exist, then in theory, that should prompt the producer to make a lot more than that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Funny thing, though... if you're already sold out of a preorder for an item that doesn't exist, then in theory, that should prompt the producer to make a lot more than that.
Unfortunately, the upper end of the hierarchy at Nintendo don't really care for modern theories.

glokitti

Smash Rookie
hey everyone question... does anyone know if it gets really crazy on the day of amiibo releases at gamestop?? because i really want a ness (and maybe a robin) amiibo and i wanna be prepared do fight for them

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
hey everyone question... does anyone know if it gets really crazy on the day of amiibo releases at gamestop?? because i really want a ness (and maybe a robin) amiibo and i wanna be prepared do fight for them
Most GameStops don't even get spare stock in. I think ToysRUs or Target might, but if you're trying to get it from GameStop, you need the order.

However, I'd suggest talking to the employees. That's how the Majora 3DS fell into my lap - the guy asked if I needed a console, and I joked that unless he had the Zelda one, I was ok. Turns out that they'd just reopened preorders temporarily, but didn't announce it. I make it a point to just talk to them and see if I can get lucky for Robin.

Considering how they sell, there's usually one or two that are available everywhere. I expect Wario may be available after release, and Ness, Pac-Man, and Charizard were the last ones to sell out a few days ago. Thetwo Fire Emblem characters are going to be pretty impossible to get. I'm waiting until they release, since then Japan and Europe will get their overstock, and then I can usually find them for decent prices on eBay. Don't bother now, though - they're taking advantage of people who can't wait.

glokitti

Smash Rookie
Most GameStops don't even get spare stock in. I think ToysRUs or Target might, but if you're trying to get it from GameStop, you need the order.

However, I'd suggest talking to the employees. That's how the Majora 3DS fell into my lap - the guy asked if I needed a console, and I joked that unless he had the Zelda one, I was ok. Turns out that they'd just reopened preorders temporarily, but didn't announce it. I make it a point to just talk to them and see if I can get lucky for Robin.

Considering how they sell, there's usually one or two that are available everywhere. I expect Wario may be available after release, and Ness, Pac-Man, and Charizard were the last ones to sell out a few days ago. Thetwo Fire Emblem characters are going to be pretty impossible to get. I'm waiting until they release, since then Japan and Europe will get their overstock, and then I can usually find them for decent prices on eBay. Don't bother now, though - they're taking advantage of people who can't wait.
oh alright thanks for the advice! i'm gonna try and be patient and hopefully it'll pay off

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think Dark Pit and Paluenta will count as the same wave as the subsequent 5, even if they are slated for different months. We got hoemany subwaves of the past 2?

...I certainly do not remember that.
Hm...maybe I need take a deeper check on the Internet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I still think Lucina and Robin will be more common in stores than we perceive now.
STEAM. Plus Ike and Marth both are in production again in May.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hopefully I can get driving lessons over the summer and save up for a car. Because I've found even more motivation to do so:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I have a theory on these guys::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
They are holding Falco to release him in conjunction with Wolf to promote the both of them with Star Fox U.:4falco::wolf:
And they are holding every single retro character back to release along side the Ice climbers fro their grand return.
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::popo:
It's just a logical thought.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly, I don't know what they'll do with the Mii Fighters. Hopefully Nintendo says if they'll make them or not.
Since amiibos are selling way too good, very like that they might release Mii amiibos too. More far fetched idea is Nintendo making official custom amiibos, we sumbit our Mii to Nintendo and they send that amiibo to you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since amiibos are selling way too good, very like that they might release Mii amiibos too. More far fetched idea is Nintendo making official custom amiibos, we sumbit our Mii to Nintendo and they send that amiibo to you.
Funnily enough, Miyamoto has said that Nintendo is considering that, and that he already has an Amiibo of his own Mii.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Now if only Nintendo would open an official "amiibo" website where people can order any amiibo and have it made and sent to their place.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Funnily enough, Miyamoto has said that Nintendo is considering that, and that he already has an Amiibo of his own Mii.
Is it just Mii? Or a Mii fighter amiibo?
Then I won't be suprised that Iwata and Reggie has one as well. I want Reggie's.
Now if only Nintendo would open an official "amiibo" website where people can order any amiibo and have it made and sent to their place.
It may take weeks to make it and send it to your house, and I'm sure that not every parts of the world can subit their Mii and get one.
If there are too many orders...I really can't imagine how will it get through.

glokitti

Smash Rookie
I have a theory on these guys::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
They are holding Falco to release him in conjunction with Wolf to promote the both of them with Star Fox U.:4falco::wolf:
And they are holding every single retro character back to release along side the Ice climbers fro their grand return.
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::popo:
It's just a logical thought.
that'd be amazing and i dont think it seems so far fetched since ice climbers were already planned for sm4sh and wolf wouldnt even be hard to put into the game since he's a clone. the problem with ice climbers though is that sakurai had a hard time putting them into smash because they wouldn't cooperate in the 3ds version.... hopefully sakurai can get past that though...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I dreamed last night that I spent $256 ordering a Homestar Runner amiibo from Amazon.

That would actually be a pretty low price nowadays, wouldn't it?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
that'd be amazing and i dont think it seems so far fetched since ice climbers were already planned for sm4sh and wolf wouldnt even be hard to put into the game since he's a clone. the problem with ice climbers though is that sakurai had a hard time putting them into smash because they wouldn't cooperate in the 3ds version.... hopefully sakurai can get past that though...
"he's a clone" How dare you.
Just kidding ^3^
But seriously I hope and think Wolf is retuning after ma boi:4lucas:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd order an exact replica of Jigglypuff.
And it would play like Jigglypuff.
With the box of a Jigglypuff.

Maybe Nintendo should get THAT down before these personalized ones.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
That's a great idea. Maybe there should be slight manufacturing fee on rates to make it reasonable. That would be an easy way to grab whoever you need!

Top Bottom