• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There were 3 sonics in the gamestop near my work the other day... I had gone there for Toon Link (saw online they had him in stock), and to my surprise, saw sonic there too. I heavily considered getting him, and I would have, but man... I didn't realize just how chunky his arms and legs were until I saw him in person. It just killed it for me. I'm not shooting for a full smash set, just the characters I like or that rep my favorite series, so I think I'll just skip him. I'm sure I can find a better figure of him somewhere else if I want to rep the Sonic series.:p
I really don't mind it. I think Sonic looks great. At least the one I have does. To be honest, for how much of a Sonic fan that I am, I really don't have much merchandise of the series, aside from some shirts and a Sonic hat.

On another note, whenever someone mentions Golden Mario, I picture a creepier version of regular Mario like how Golden Freddy is. And I don't even play the FNAF games. I'm more into just following the lore.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I really don't mind it. I think Sonic looks great. At least the one I have does. To be honest, for how much of a Sonic fan that I am, I really don't have much merchandise of the series, aside from some shirts and a Sonic hat.
Fair enough. To be honest, I kinda feel bad for not getting him... I am a huge Sonic fan, and it seems weird that that might be the only series I don't rep with amiibo. I might have a change of heart later, maybe once I have some more disposable income (darn you Nintendo, first the 2015 line-up and now amiibo?? I may as well just sign over my paycheck...;)).

And I'm kinda the same way with Sonic merch. I don't actually have anything of Sonic himself, aside from a really old shirt... got two figurines of Tails, though. And one of Big the Cat, strange as that sounds. Guess I really do owe it to the hedgehog to get that amiibo, then...:chuckle:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Sonic Amiibo actually looks great, only the arms are a slight hindrance. His legs are actually as thick as they are supposed to be.

As far as Sonic merch goes, I don't have much either, but I don't live in the best country for gaming merch. I have a Tails plushie, Knuckles plushie (...who's leg has been torn off), a Knuckles super poser figure, and, this (my pride and joy):

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can count on Ness not even coming to Ireland. Gonna have to wait until I get some money and pre-order him online somewhere.

Last edited:

Fandoms

Smash Rookie
NNID
VocaloidGalaco
My current collection of amiibo goes as follows, :4mario::4peach::4link::4zelda::4tlink::4sonic::4samus::4sheik:. I have a preorder on Pit and Ness will be an insta-preorder.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
So far my amiibos owned are :4samus::4fox::4bowser::4yoshi: and hoping to get :4charizard::4ness::4robinm: when they open for preorder.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
The amiibo hunt is killing me. I missed the pre orders for waves 2 and 3, so the odds of me getting falcon and Ike for reasonable prices are out the window...
Hopefully I will get a Marth during the restock.
Hopefully...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Do Amiibo still learn after hitting Level 50 or are they just stubborn and make you refresh them?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My Mega Man amiibo finally shipped! I wasn't wrong when I said he was one of the best looking amiibos, he definitely looks awesome. The box was damaged, but it's not a big deal because I planned to unbox him anyway, like I'll do for all amiibos I'll probably get in the future.

When I was asked to give him a name and a costume I thought about the "What am I fighting for?!" meme so I gave him the red and white costume (to give him a palette swap similar to Zero) and wanted to name him WAIFF... well, until I noticed how similar this acronym was to the stupid word "waifu" :laugh: so instead I named him Arsenal due to his giant pool of Robot Master weapons he uses in Smash. And I kept this red and white costume because it looks awesome anyway.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Warning Received
Do Amiibo still learn after hitting Level 50 or are they just stubborn and make you refresh them?
Yes and no. They'll continue to learn, but as they say, old habits die hard. Once something's ingrained in its memory, it's all but impossible to cut it out of its play - it'll learn to do that thing better, but it probably won't stop doing it.

My Mega Man amiibo finally shipped! I wasn't wrong when I said he was one of the best looking amiibos, he definitely looks awesome. The box was damaged, but it's not a big deal because I planned to unbox him anyway, like I'll do for all amiibos I'll probably get in the future.
I got two Mega Mans - one is much shinier than the other, and the duller one is completely lacking gloss in an area on his foot. It actually looks like the piece must have been dipped in whatever gives it that shine, but it wasn't totally submerged so there's a sudden, distinct area that has no shine at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Sigh... Bought an Ike amiibo from eBay and after I payed, the guy told me that shipping to Mexico would be extra (despite having Free worlwide shipping) and now I'm not sure what's going to happen with my money... Any insight?

AND I just bought it online again for triple damn price. I hope Lucina, Robin and Ganondorf would be easier to get and then I'm done with this amiibo fiasco.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe this is too much to ask for, but can we create a separate thread for training Amiibo, since we're mostly talking about collecting them? Then again, there's other sources where you could talk about training them.

Time to get my Sonic Amiibo tomorrow.
For some reason, everything amiibo is relegated here... as if it were as small a part of Smash as any created thread in a character discussion.

It should really be its own subforum.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So annoyed...GAME finally has Shulk, Meta Knight and King Dedede in stock on the website, Shulk and Meta Knight are out of stock, King Dedede is in stock, I have no money, and then he goes out of stock. For crying out loud.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sigh... Bought an Ike amiibo from eBay and after I payed, the guy told me that shipping to Mexico would be extra (despite having Free worlwide shipping) and now I'm not sure what's going to happen with my money... Any insight?

AND I just bought it online again for triple damn price. I hope Lucina, Robin and Ganondorf would be easier to get and then I'm done with this amiibo fiasco.
You could have just bought him from a European store if there is no limitation on that where you live. He's readily available at a standard price on many European retailers. On Amazon.de, he's actually slightly cheaper than the EU MSRP for these things.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-1068766-amiibo-Smash-Figur/dp/B00Q6A571A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425918290&sr=8-1&keywords=ike amiibo

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
You could have just bought him from a European store if there is no limitation on that where you live. He's readily available at a standard price on many European retailers. On Amazon.de, he's actually slightly cheaper than the EU MSRP for these things.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-1068766-amiibo-Smash-Figur/dp/B00Q6A571A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425918290&sr=8-1&keywords=ike amiibo
Wow, I went full ****** there... Gee, thanks for the insight. Perhaps I'll get my last three guys there if they're hard to find here. Thanks!!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, I went full ****** there... Gee, thanks for the insight, perhaps I'll get my last three guys ther eif they're hard to find here. Thanks!!
No need to feel bad about it. A lot of people aren't aware that rarity differs between regions on some Amiibos. Ike is a big example of that - hard to find in the US and surrounding regions, but completely common in Europe, for some odd reason. Not just online either, if someone needed me to get an Ike for them, I could easily walk down to my local store and get one (well, not now, because I don't have money to be doing that, but in principle I could).

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
No need to feel bad about it. A lot of people aren't aware that rarity differs between regions on some Amiibos. Ike is a big example of that - hard to find in the US and surrounding regions, but completely common in Europe, for some odd reason. Not just online either, if someone needed me to get an Ike for them, I could easily walk down to my local store and get one (well, not now, because I don't have money to be doing that, but in principle I could).

^ This. I got an Ike yesterday from my local GAME and they still had like, 4 left, it's weird how rare they are in NA.

The amiibo hunt is killing me. I missed the pre orders for waves 2 and 3, so the odds of me getting falcon and Ike for reasonable prices are out the window...
Hopefully I will get a Marth during the restock.
Hopefully...

I hope you get all the amiibo you are looking for :) Especially Ike, I heard he is VERY rare over there in NA.

Last edited by a moderator:

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, sometime between last week and today my Rosalina amiibo came in the mail from Japan. I'm quite satisfied with it.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Report this to eBay immediately. That's against their rules. Sounds like the guy's already a scalper if he's charging you 3x retail.

Typically, any additional requests for payment outside the normal eBay transaction is considered a scam, and the seller can get in a lot of trouble for making this request.

Last edited:

Marshtomper

Destroyer of W(orlds)eeklies
Don't know if this has been brought up yet but, how rare does everyone think the mewtwo amiibo will be, if they plan to release it after the dlc is released?

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
can anyone tell me how walmart ships amiibo ?
i would like to pre-order the super mario Peach amiibo,
but i don't want it to be destroyed in shipping !
does anyone have past experience with walmart shipments?

XFirefox45x

Smash Rookie
Hello there. I'm an Amiibo collector and I need a nice way to display them. here's my most favored idea I'm thinking of getting cubby like shelf's and putting the Box art at the back of each. but I cant seem to find the box art I'm looking for online. Does anyone have a link to some website that might have these pictures? or have a better display idea?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
So what's the most you guys have paid for an amiibo thus far? And is there a limit to how much you would pay regardless if you really want it?
Well since all 6 of my amiibos I bought from my local GAME (where the average price is £14.99), I guess I'll have to go with £14.99!

Marshtomper

Destroyer of W(orlds)eeklies
Well since all 6 of my amiibos I bought from my local GAME (where the average price is £14.99), I guess I'll have to go with £14.99!
It frustrates me how all of them are more expensive except for the ones that sell out in seconds (e.g little mac) meaning all of the ones I buy from game I know that someone, somewhere else is getting it cheaper.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The shots could be a LOT better, but here are some comparison shots of the Super Mario Amiibos and their Smash Bros equivalents:

I think Peach and Bowser look better in their Smash Bros figures (especially Peach), and Yoshi looks fine either way, it's just a matter of which pose you think is cuter. Mario and Luigi look a little better in the face in the Super Mario versions, but they have a bit more detail in their clothes in the Smash versions. Though I prefer Mario's Smash pose and Luigi's Super Mario pose.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So what's the most you guys have paid for an amiibo thus far? And is there a limit to how much you would pay regardless if you really want it?
$26 for UK Marth and Villager, including shipping. I made sure they were supplied by Amazon S.a.r.L. and not some scalper. This is the most I ever intend to pay for one of these things.

I don't care how badly I want the whole collection. I refuse to give a scalper the pleasure of overcharging me. I have contacts, I have trade fodder, and I look out for other collectors in the same position as me. I've given up the Lucario I intended to play with to round out a new friend's collection, and I even keep up with an old lady who's trying to get three of everything for her three grandchildren - I don't need scalpers, and I'll do anything I can to help people I know avoid having to resort to using them too.

can anyone tell me how walmart ships amiibo ?
i would like to pre-order the super mario Peach amiibo,
but i don't want it to be destroyed in shipping !
does anyone have past experience with walmart shipments?
Walmart's shipping is interesting... they pack as much as they can in as small as box as possible. This is actually a very good thing as it prevents them from rolling around in the package. Their packaging is also more consistent than other retailers'.

I've received packages of 2 and 3 at a time from them - I recommend ordering in pairs, for reasons I'll illustrate below.

Imagine this is the amiibo package:
|
[]

Here's how Walmart will package 2 at a time:
|[]
[]|
(Both amiibos fit snugly within a box of almost the exact size needed to fit them in this configuration. The plastic bubble from one package reinforces the cardboard display of the other)

Here's how Walmart will package 3 at a time:
[]_
| []
[] |
(Slightly larger box than what's used above. Note that there's some empty air in one corner, so the third amiibo's cardboard display is prone to some damage. There's also a little more room for the paired packages to bump around)

I've received a total of 4 packages of amiibos from Walmart, and all four were in one of the two configurations above.

Overall, Walmart has my #2 preferred packaging scheme, second only to amiami (who I'm sure did a superb job because I paid for the better option).

Toys R Us is the worst by far - they're very inconsistent and just use whatever's laying around. For single amiibos, I've had everything from the whole thing crammed inside a yellow bubble package envelope, to having one roll around in a giant box 5 times its size with only some advertisements for life insurance for packaging.

Last edited:
Top Bottom