• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
*Sigh* It's been almost two months since I ordered Rosie and Shulk.

Rosalina was released in january and Shulk in february. If I didn't order both at the same time I would at least have a Shulk Amiibo due to my friend getting it by ordering it two weeks ago.

And judging by responses to the website, customer service is awful, so I'm basically chained to the website until they can get a Rosalina amiibo for me. Who knows when that is going to happen though. Could be months. Could be never. Maybe Nintendo will never make another Rosalina again...

*Sigh*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*Sigh* It's been almost two months since I ordered Rosie and Shulk.

Rosalina was released in january and Shulk in february. If I didn't order both at the same time I would at least have a Shulk Amiibo due to my friend getting it by ordering it two weeks ago.

And judging by responses to the website, customer service is awful, so I'm basically chained to the website until they can get a Rosalina amiibo for me. Who knows when that is going to happen though. Could be months. Could be never. Maybe Nintendo will never make another Rosalina again...

*Sigh*
They're not making anymore Smash Rosalina, but they will be making a Super Mario version.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Managed to snatch up a Sonic and Mega Man when they briefly appeared on Target's online site.

Sonic came in the day before last, and Mega Man arrived not an hour ago. His figure is stunning.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
The only Amiibos I'd ever want extras are :4falcon: :4mario: :4duckhunt: :4dedede:. Those are my mains and secondaries. I still don't have a :4falcon: yet which makes me so sad :( You know the situation is bad when you can't get your main. If I were to get multiple :4falcon:s, I would have the extras customized to my favorite Falcon colors (pink) and the other one being the Bronze Knee Cap (gold) or Captain America.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Not sure if it's been posted, but Nintendo of Europe is restocking :4villager: :4littlemac: :4falcon: and more I think. Nintendo of America make up your minds already!!!!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
This depresses me because it reminds me that Toad is not playable in Smash. :(
But hey, at least Donkey Kong's back in Mario Party! He hasn't been playable since Mario Party 4! That was 12 years ago.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*sigh*

I've been tirelessly refreshing Walmart's page since they changed their button yesterday from "Get in-stock alert" to "Preorder available" at least a few times an hour. Every time, it came up with the error "We just sold out of this item."

You mean tell me the button finally decided to work after I decided to leave and buy clothes? It's almost like these things have to come before, y'know, taking care of yourself.
Yep. Twice now for me someone posted that they got it, when my post was the one before it on this page.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... it's been almost 2 weeks into March... and still no Wave 4 preorders? I guess this month will be focused on the Mario series amiibos.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Kind of amazed no one has posted this yet. :p
(or maybe I'm just stupid and didn't notice.)

I honestly have no plans to get the Super Mario amiibo. I want a lot of Smash Bros ones, but the Mario ones don't interest me. (save for maybe Luigi and Bowser, but I already have those two.)

Anyone else excited for the fourteen R.O.B. amiibos to come out??

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
If it was mentioned, it wasn't on the previous page. That was a different website that only mentioned the Splatoon amiibo possibilities.
Oh yeah i mentioned it but my post is buried back 5 pages (holy crap this thread moves fast)
WHAZAAM!
http://raru.co.za/video-games/field/Pre-Order?fq=Pre-Order&fi&dept=video-games&f=49|platform=nintendo wii u;&sort=expected-date-rank&page=2

According to Reddit this site is listing Splatoon Amiibo along with Greninja and the Puff. I'd say false since the Splatoon box art doesn't have an Amiibo logo but you can't be too sure. I'd be 100% down for a Splatoon Amiibo! Id buy them both.
The listings have been taken down but there was another article that shows the Eshop page listing amiibo support.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/10/splatoon-eshop-listing-crops-up-showing-amiibo-support/

I suppose no ones talking about this until we get official info.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Oh yeah i mentioned it but my post is buried back 5 pages (holy crap this thread moves fast)
WHAZAAM!

The listings have been taken down but there was another article that shows the Eshop page listing amiibo support.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/10/splatoon-eshop-listing-crops-up-showing-amiibo-support/

I suppose no ones talking about this until we get official info.
Yeah, that's the one I saw. My bad.

And I wonder why. Rumors are pretty much everything with the amiibos, from what I've seen. Speculation.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
:4wiifit: (Japanese version) is up on PlayAsia for $29.99!!! Go! Go! Go! I just ordered mine. Get there before the scalpers do!!!

Also, the double jab grab combo can be done by :4dedede: as well thanks to Derpaderp (my :4dedede: Amiibo) for finding it out. More creative things are being discovered by these things each day I face them. It's crazy!!!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yeah, that's the one I saw. My bad.

And I wonder why. Rumors are pretty much everything with the amiibos, from what I've seen. Speculation.
Yeah I'm not sure either. If anything I wanna speculate on what color Inkling we might get. Most likely the Orange one but I'd prefer the blue or mint green colors. Or maybe even the Single Player Inkling girl.

Or they could have all the colors for both genders and I'll but them all!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have decided to cave in and go find the following amiibo's before they sell out (once they release of course. Complete with reasoning):
Duck Hunt (My main)
Ganondorf (Another one of my mains)
Lucina (My favorite "clone", actually likes to use her)
Mega Man (Looks amazing, probably grab him tomorrow)
Mr. Game & Watch (Another main, this one from Melee especially)
Pac-Man (I think I still have an old cocktail style arcade machine for the original game, so why not grab the amiibo to showcase on top of it? (and because Pac-Man is one of my secondaries))
Palutena (Would be interesting to grab, also goes along with the aforementioned Lucina)
R.O.B. (My main from Brawl, and here too!)
Wario (General character I like to use, especially in Brawl)

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm not sure either. If anything I wanna speculate on what color Inkling we might get. Most likely the Orange one but I'd prefer the blue or mint green colors. Or maybe even the Single Player Inkling girl.

Or they could have all the colors for both genders and I'll but them all!
Why do I keep thinking this girl will be on the next Smash or even DLC for this one?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Sonic and Lucario get! It appears they are not very rare here in the UK, my local GAME just had a re-stock and there was about 3 of each.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why do I keep thinking this girl will be on the next Smash or even DLC for this one?
Probably because Nintendo won't stop hyping about Splatoon. They didn't do that for Golden Sun, Legendary Starfy, Custom Robo, and Chibi Robo when they were new... but they used to do that for Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit when they were new.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Probably because Nintendo won't stop hyping about Splatoon. They didn't do that for Golden Sun, Legendary Starfy, Custom Robo, and Chibi Robo when they were new... but they used to do that for Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit when they were new.
That's because the first 4 you listed didn't do anything new for Nintendo. They were solid games, but they didn't break new ground.

Animal Crossing revolutionised life sims.

Pikmin was an innovative survival game with RTS elements.

Wii Sports revolutionised motion controls and how we view them.

Wii Fit integrated healthcare and fitness into gaming.

And now, Splatoon is set to revolutionize the shooter genre, with crazy new mechanics that don't exist elsewhere.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's because the first 4 you listed didn't do anything new for Nintendo. They were solid games, but they didn't break new ground.

Animal Crossing revolutionised life sims.

Pikmin was an innovative survival game with RTS elements.

Wii Sports revolutionised motion controls and how we view them.

Wii Fit integrated healthcare and fitness into gaming.

And now, Splatoon is set to revolutionize the shooter genre, with crazy new mechanics that don't exist elsewhere.
Yes, they did all that... but I am talking about how when they were new and unknown to us... we didn't know how revolutionary or innovative they were going to be... and Nintendo was promoting the hell out of these new and unknown IPs before their respective first games came out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes, they did all that... but I am talking about how when they were new and unknown to us... we didn't know how revolutionary or innovative they were going to be... and Nintendo was promoting the hell out of these new and unknown IPs before their respective first games came out.
Nintendo promotes the hell out of New IPs of this ilk because they know in advance. They do their market research in advance. They know if a game concept is a fresh one, or simply a solid interpretation of a long standing traditional kind of game.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yay! More Mario series' amiibos collecting dust in the shelves! Seriously, at least here no one buys Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser.
At the very least these won't be a pain in the ass to hunt for later if they're well stocked. To be honest though there's none I'm particularly interested at the moment aside from maybe Peach and Luigi even though I already have their Smash variants. I'll definitely buy Rosalina again when her Mario series version comes out. Shy Guy and Boo too if those are ever made.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Yeah, definitely getting a Shy Guy as well.
--
I'm gonna take a moment and rather than talk about future amiibo hype, I'm gonna talk about just how much I really do like the amiibos already in my family.

So I'm playing around with my Zelda amiibo in Smash, trying to breaking her up-smash habit (and it is working), while also trying to get her to figure out Forore's Elevator. I'm playing with Link and it's fairly even (she's lvl 50, so it's hard to be in the lead anyhow), when I knock her off the stage. She's horizontal, so she recovers with Farore's Wind. As she's making the return teleport onto the stage, she teleports into me, knocking me off the stage and KO'ing me.

She then started to just freak the **** out about this amazing new discovery, and I could tell because she immediately did it the Up-B again and started spamming it. "Hoooolyyy **** this is a thing you can do oh my god this is amazing" It was pretty predictable and I ended up with the win, but it was really kind of cute. It was kind of like when your little sibling just did something on their own that their proud of and they just shove it down everyone's face because, "Look I did it I did it all by myself I'm so happayyyy".

It made me smile. It felt like a very real thing for someone to do.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've only got about 16 of my 29 'fighting' amiibo open (meaning, the ones I plan on opening out of box, at least one of each character). I own a lot more boxed than unboxed. I save them for 'rainy days.' Does anyone else do this?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I've only got about 16 of my 29 'fighting' amiibo open (meaning, the ones I plan on opening out of box, at least one of each character). I own a lot more boxed than unboxed. I save them for 'rainy days.' Does anyone else do this?
Haha, I can't really afford to do that. Maybe this summer when I go back to work, I'll pick up a few pricey ones and become a scalper in a year or two.

But I have the viewpoint of which they are more than just figurines with computer chips, and I try to treat them well and with care and love and all that. But then again I'm just a little wimpy fukboi sooo.

Mo Dizzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
MoDizzle3.0
Just in case this hasn't been cleared up, I ordered two Villagers from Amazon UK, as well as Rosalina, and Lucario.
Received them all, by the way.
How long does it take for them to ship the amiibo if you order it from the Euro Amazon site? Any one?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
According to Scandinavia's largest electronic's store, Toad has the largest stock, while Mario and Peach have the lowest.

Also, definitely two of the best customs I've seen:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Me too. I spend a lot of time thinking about how I want to train/retrain them too. For example, my Yoshi (like all Yoshis, apparently) just threw all my training out the window and only throws eggs. I'm going to retrain him with the High Jump custom and see if that forces him to be a better melee fighter.

I keep hearing all these post-50 success stories, but I don't think that'll save my Fox. I've figured out that he thinks he's supposed to SD after his second kill. Seriously, it's the weirdest thing... for every 2 points he gets, he runs to the left and offs himself to even it out.

Top Bottom