• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So apparently, there are rumors on reddit (or the great rumor mill) that, for at least NA, no preorders for wave 4.

If this ends up true, let's just say Black Friday has nothing on, "The Wave 4 amiibo hunt".

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So apparently, there are rumors on reddit (or the great rumor mill) that, for at least NA, no preorders for wave 4.

If this ends up true, let's just say Black Friday has nothing on, "The Wave 4 amiibo hunt".
Source?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Finally have :4villager:, :4marth:, :4littlemac:, and:4pit: on the way. The prices were not too bad. This will complete wave 1 and 2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
As long as they don't take TRU's stance of one amiibo per customer... If I have to stand outside for hours on end to be first in line again, I'd better be able to buy the whole set, rather than only get 1 and be forced to miss the other 5.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apparently, going by the EB Games website, there are no Shulk amiibos in Canada, outside of a single store in the far north of British Columbia. That's both frustrating (as I've never seen one) and ludicrously stupid (it's an EB Games exclusive up here; you'd think they'd make more than a handful of them).

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a debate with myself about a Wii Fit Trainer for almost 3x the original price... Should I?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Haha, I can't really afford to do that. Maybe this summer when I go back to work, I'll pick up a few pricey ones and become a scalper in a year or two.

But I have the viewpoint of which they are more than just figurines with computer chips, and I try to treat them well and with care and love and all that. But then again I'm just a little wimpy fukboi sooo.
I agree with your second paragraph, and I do not find collecting in box to be the same as being a scalper.

How long does it take for them to ship the amiibo if you order it from the Euro Amazon site? Any one?
Which Euro site? Mine (2 vilagers from the UK) came in about a month and a half, but that was in December, early, of last year.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*double post!!*

As long as they don't take TRU's stance of one amiibo per customer... If I have to stand outside for hours on end to be first in line again, I'd better be able to buy the whole set, rather than only get 1 and be forced to miss the other 5.
I had this from Target on Rosalina day.
It is not about the corporate policy, it is store by store.

Speaking of corporate policy, I have a very hard time believing that Nintendo would issue a statement forbidding preorders, and then, only in North America. If this were true, then there would be a lawsuit against FYE, a store which occasionally carries amiibo, and allowed rather publicly the wave 4 amiibo to be preordered.

The other option is that the six stated carriers of amiibo (Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Walmart, Gamestop, Amazon), all individually, and at once, decided not only to not allow preorders, but to not inform their employees.

Since "wave 4" would have also included the Super Mario amiibo (according to Gamestop, Target, and Toys R Us employees), then it would have had to have been either Nintendo singling out the Smash employees, or the corporations specifying not to allow preorders for Smash (and honestly, I doubt they would know the difference between the two sets, much less all of them).

In conclusion, I don't buy that preorders are not happening in North America, I just don't think we have been given the opportunity yet. Fans create all sorts of chaos around these sorts of matter, particularly in a drought of information. I think that they will be available for preorder right after an upcoming Nintendo Direct which is why I want to be available FOR the direct (or have multiple friends who are).

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Personally, I think they're all waiting until they have clearer stock numbers, and that's simply not possible to ascertain with another freight strike looming right around the corner. The previous waves were rife with cancellations and other problems, leading consumers to feel negatively towards not only Nintendo but to the retailers providing the amiibos as well. Nobody wants their profits to come at the cost of customer loyalty, and that's kind of what's happening.

I'm banking on seeing preorders open up on or around the 20th - 1 month away from when they're supposed to drop. If it's later than that and into April, then I'll start to believe the rumors.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I just found a Sheik amiibo, so I only need Dedede and the exclusives. Any news on Rosalina in the US?
Edit: Oh yeah I need Fox too. Was re retired or was Target the only store who dropped him?

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I was on Amazon JP last night and all the wave 4 amiibos were for sale, actually. Most of them were about $21(¥2,300) but Wario was notably only $9 (¥1,113).

I definitely think one should take advantage of the different stocking situations and check out all the international Amazon stores. That's what I am planning to do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope the rumor about there being no wave 4 preorders isn't true. I want Lucina and Robin more than anything and I'll be upset if I'm unable to get them. D:

I have a feeling they'll be rare considering Marth and Ike were rare too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Hope that rumor stays a rumor. Each wave gets worse and worse in trying to get them.

Mo Dizzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
MoDizzle3.0
I agree with your second paragraph, and I do not find collecting in box to be the same as being a scalper.

Which Euro site? Mine (2 vilagers from the UK) came in about a month and a half, but that was in December, early, of last year.
Ok, sorry should have been more specific. I was actually looking at the German site amazon.de. But your input should give me an idea. Thanks!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Whenever I see a rare amiibo I pick it up in fear of needing another.
Don't even sell them, just hoard them.

This is becoming an actual issue.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Whenever I see a rare amiibo I pick it up in fear of needing another.
Don't even sell them, just hoard them.

This is becoming an actual issue.
Man it must be cool to find rare Amiibos in picking-up range. I'm never that lucky. Probably should've picked up that Sheik when I had the chance.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Me to all the scalpers.

Sheik is really common where I live. My local GameStop had Mega Man, Sonic, Bowser, Sheik, Diddy Kong, and Toon Link on the shelf yesterday.

Also, I bought my second :4mario: Amiibo. This Amiibo will be the first ever Amiibo that will be customized in my collection. USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! I changed my first Mario Amiibo's nickname to The Cape and the custom one will be named 'Murica. I'm tempted to grab 2 more Mario Amiibo and customize them both so I can start a small round robin to see which Mario is the best.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
If Wave 4 has no preorders I'll be freakin' worried if I'll ever get my hands on Pac-Man (and to a lesser extent, Wario, since he's likely a common.)

I've already got :4mario::4pikachu::4bowser::4megaman::4kirby::4yoshi::4luigi::4link: and I'm looking for :4dedede: right now.

I'll end my collection once I've got :4wario::4pacman::4jigglypuff::4rob::4gaw::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:SMB:4wario2: and maybe :4ness::4falcon:

I never thought I'd be collecting these honestly. Five of them were gifts (:4mario::4pikachu::4megaman::4kirby::4yoshi:) and the rest I bought on my own.

Hopefully Nintendo ships a ton of Wave 4. They seem to get that there's a high demand for them in the states and I'd be surprised if they screwed that up a fourth time.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My brother's Link is now missing his head and left arm thanks to him carelessly leaving it around our dog.

Sick **** that he is says he likes it better that way.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So here's my collection at the moment.

All I need now is Shulk and Lucina and my collection will be complete. :)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've decided to ditch Mega Man and get Sonic instead.

Besides, I've actually enjoyed more Sonic games than Mega Man ones anyways.

Two Sonic games vs. One Mega Man game isn't that fair a fight.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Man it must be cool to find rare Amiibos in picking-up range. I'm never that lucky. Probably should've picked up that Sheik when I had the chance.
Tell me about it, I've been surprisingly lucky with rare amiibos in my local store recently. In the last few weeks I have managed to get Sheik, Lucario, Sonic and Ike from there. (One of each of course to give others a chance!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got a Sheik amiibo today, which is my first amiibo, embarrassing enough for me to admit c:

Still want that Lucina and Robin though D:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Seriously though; can any admin please explain to me why it i that all conversations amiibo, a massive component of Smash 4, is relegated to a single thread-- the categorization-tool equivalent of discussing "Character A vs Character B matchup", or "Proposed Thesis about User__'s view on Sakurai"?

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Tell me about it, I've been surprisingly lucky with rare amiibos in my local store recently. In the last few weeks I have managed to get Sheik, Lucario, Sonic and Ike from there. (One of each of course to give others a chance!)
Yeah all I ever get are Sheiks. And Rosalina that one time but I was only allowed one. Also missed out on a Sonic that was right under my nose apparently.
To be honest all the rares and uncommons that I own were either bought online or preordered/ has a small window of opportunity to obtain.

On another note:

I want this.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a debate with myself about a Wii Fit Trainer for almost 3x the original price... Should I?
I refuse to buy anything even above the suggested retail price. Ya'll nuts
Either way I just began my journey down the slippery slope with TLink/Kirby/Sonic
Can you not get the actual Mario-series Mario amiibo for pre-order anywhere? I like it more than the Smash 4 one.

Also what are everyone predictions for the Doc amiibo? Guessing its gonna be last wave and uncommon because Nintendo will think noone wants them and ship 4 to every store

Top Bottom