• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
http://raru.co.za/video-games/field/Pre-Order?fq=Pre-Order&fi&dept=video-games&f=49|platform=nintendo wii u;&sort=expected-date-rank&page=2

According to Reddit this site is listing Splatoon Amiibo along with Greninja and the Puff. I'd say false since the Splatoon box art doesn't have an Amiibo logo but you can't be too sure. I'd be 100% down for a Splatoon Amiibo! Id buy them both.
They could just not have the feature implemented yet likr Captain Toad. Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors don't have amiibo symbol either, but I guess you could argue that they were released before the announcement of amiibo.

Greninja and Puff, eh? I'm not interested in either, so I hope this wave has no amiibo I can alleviate some stress for a couple months as well as try to get some more money in my pockets. Amiibo have taken all of my money.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
So.... something weird happened.
A week ago, I ordered Shulk, Meta Knight, and Dedede, and I received Shulk on monday. Dedede and Meta Knight were scheduled to arrive later anyway. Today, I receive a package, open it.... and it's another Shulk. O.o
So yeahhh.... the one amiibo I was afraid I would never get I now have twice... Guess I can just use him in a trade for future amiibos...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
http://raru.co.za/video-games/field/Pre-Order?fq=Pre-Order&fi&dept=video-games&f=49|platform=nintendo wii u;&sort=expected-date-rank&page=2

According to Reddit this site is listing Splatoon Amiibo along with Greninja and the Puff. I'd say false since the Splatoon box art doesn't have an Amiibo logo but you can't be too sure. I'd be 100% down for a Splatoon Amiibo! Id buy them both.
Oof... and all Wave 4 pre-orders are available too...

What store is this? What currency is this? Has anybody had experience with this site before and know whether or not this is a scam?

So.... something weird happened.
A week ago, I ordered Shulk, Meta Knight, and Dedede, and I received Shulk on monday. Dedede and Meta Knight were scheduled to arrive later anyway. Today, I receive a package, open it.... and it's another Shulk. O.o
So yeahhh.... the one amiibo I was afraid I would never get I now have twice... Guess I can just use him in a trade for future amiibos...
Sorta sounds like what happened with my one buddy who somehow wound up with 4 Lucarios. He'd had 2 previous orders cancelled, only 1 confirmed by the end, and somehow got 4 packages from TRU. At first he thought they had followed through with the cancelled orders, but he actually received (and was charged for!) more Lucarios than he'd ever ordered in the first place.

There's probably something very illegal with Toys R Us's activities here in that they sold somebody merchandise he hadn't technically consented to, and took his money for it. But he won't complain, because hey, 4 Lucarios.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

What store is this? What currency is this? Has anybody had experience with this site before and know whether or not this is a scam?
south america
but hopeing this is true wouldnt mind a splatoon charcter in my collection and we can finaly finsh the pokemon set (until nintendo makes a whole pokemon series :lol:)

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Sorta sounds like what happened with my one buddy who somehow wound up with 4 Lucarios. He'd had 2 previous orders cancelled, only 1 confirmed by the end, and somehow got 4 packages from TRU. At first he thought they had followed through with the cancelled orders, but he actually received (and was charged for!) more Lucarios than he'd ever ordered in the first place.
The thing is... I was never charged for more, well not that I know of. Well I'm not complaining^^, I'll just use it for a trade or sell it on ebay or something (and I opened the one before, which looks best, yay^^)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

There's probably something very illegal with Toys R Us's activities here in that they sold somebody merchandise he hadn't technically consented to, and took his money for it. But he won't complain, because hey, 4 Lucarios.
Actually it's South African and Reddit says its a legit retailer. At least some people have. Definitely take it with a grain of salt but I am so down for Inkling Amiibos. I could imagine that the game should have Amiibo support for in game currency and weapon unlocks like Hyrule Warriors does. Still not sure since the box has no logo though.

Frick man! My Sonic Amiibo arrived today but with all packages they leave them in the main apartment office. I go and the sign says "We'll be back at 5:30." I go back at 5:20 and the sign says "We close at 5:30. Come back tomorrow."
That's annoying.....

Last edited:

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
Anyone going for all 54 Smash amiibo's? (assuming mewtwo and all 3 miis get one)
edit: i can spell, believe me

How do you come up with 54? I only count 52 including Mewtwo and all 3 Mii fighters. Are you counting alts (like Alph) for a couple, and if so which characters?

I'm trying to get all the Amiibo for SSB. So far I have 26 characters, just missing :4marth:,:4shulk:&:4villager:. I also keep thinking of getting extras for customs such as red & white Fire Mario.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
How do you come up with 54? I only count 52 including Mewtwo and all 3 Mii fighters. Are you counting alts (like Alph) for a couple, and if so which characters?

I'm trying to get all the Amiibo for SSB. So far I have 26 characters, just missing :4marth:,:4shulk:&:4villager:. I also keep thinking of getting extras for customs such as red & white Fire Mario.
I plan to do the same with my mains :4falcon: :4mario: and :4duckhunt:
Maybe :4dedede: as well

:4falcon: in the pink Falcon alternate
:4mario: in the USA alternate
:4duckhunt: in the Banjo Kazooie alternate
:4dedede: in the Green alternate. The one with the waddle dees on the robe.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So folks how's the hunting coming along ?
So far so good. 25 out of 29. Not bad.

I'm pretty much satisfied with what I have now... though it will change once Wave 4 amiibos are available... and then I'll go crazy and search for them at stores or buy them from eBay scalpers.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
So... question on Amiibo training... what's an effective way to teach a Shulk proper recovery?

My Shulk Amiibo is fairly decent on the stage, but when I knock him off, recovery is more miss than hit if the stage doesn't have a wall. I've eventually taught him on using the second strike of Air Slash to gain more lift, but for whatever reason, he seems determined to ride up the wall to reach the edge... this gets even more pathetic when I make an attack near him, he airdodges, and keeps going forward underneath the stage if in Speed or Jump. not very good training if he keeps failing like this, nevermind the failure of B-reversing Air Slash or deciding on a monado art quickly.

I saw some posts on another thread saying the solution is to just keep at it and it will eventually learn... but I'm not too sure how much longer this takes than teaching him combos.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have everyone in my collection but Little Mac and Meta Knight.

Shulk is pre-order from May Re-Release.

Toad's the only SMB amiibo I'm bothering with at this point.

Might get Splatoon amiibos if they're the real deal, depends on how much I enjoy that game really.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So CSPIA documents for all of Wave 4 are out:

:4lucina::4robinm::4pacman::4wario: - 2 months manufacturing
:4charizard::4ness: - 1 month manufacturing

Also, the certificates for Smash Bowser, Zelda, and SM Mario got another month of manufacturing added.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Also, the certificates for Smash Bowser, Zelda, and SM Mario got another month of manufacturing added.
Well that's surprising to see. Would think the FE characters would only get 1 month and Charizard 2 months.

Not looking good for Ness then.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Smash Bowser and Zelda don't need another month of manufacturing. They need to manufacture more Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina, etc.

Ugh, Nintendo...

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Got another amiibo to add to my collection today! Welcome aboard :4bowser: :) I now have 3 amiibos, :4bowser: :4link: and :4pikachu: :D

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
But if Nintendo is cutting the supply so suddenly, what can retailers do? Walk up to the one or two employees who might have pre-ordered (you are seriously exaggerating if you think every store has over 10 employees interested in Amiibos) and say they can't have it anymore? Again, you are trying to bring your own personal ethics into this. Myself, and everybody else (including Nintendo) don't care about that. Retail employees get priority in a lot of places. Constantly cancelling their orders could straight up risk them wanting to quit their job (in the case of Amiibo Hunters who may not be able to get out to buy them elsewhere during their time at work, it very well could lead to that if they felt secure in going somewhere else), and employers don't want that. At the very least, it would definitely cause their own employees to take their money elsewhere. Again - retail employees ARE customers.

I already told you numerous times why - Nintendo have cut off the vast majority of supply of these three figures to ALL OF EUROPE. Not just GAME. Every other retailer is having this problem in Europe. It's likely the majority of retail employees looking to get them AREN'T getting them, especially since many retailers aren't getting them in stock at all anymore. I provided you a link, but since you seem to have missed it, here is a quote from it. Kingplayer.de have been sending out this e-mail:

Again. Nintendo's fault.

Also, another about GAME specifically:

The only stock GAME have are for pre-orders. And they couldn't accept many to begin with. Basically, anyone who pre-ordered early will get one, but pre-orders were gone quickly, and some stores are not even getting enough to fulfill pre-orders. Again, NINTENDO'S FAULT.

That moment when it's Nintendo's fault that Americans are taking away all the amiibos from the UK.

pielord

Smash Rookie
Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

Not sure if it means anything, but the fact that Charizard - arguably the character with the most commercial potential in the wave - gets only one month of production makes me think that his Smash amiibo will be somewhat underproduced and Pokémon series amiibo are going to be produced and feature him, thus compensating his Smash rarity. Similar to Rosalina in a way - her Smash amiibo is a unicorn but her Mario Party series one will probably be much more accessible. Robin and Lucina, on the other hand, are probably produced for two months despite being somewhat obscure to the general public because they're very detailed characters and thus have to be handmade which means they are not going to be more common than Charizard and Ness despite the longer production period.

Charizard's suspicious underproduction combined with Pokémon's huge commercial potential - you can be sure that official Pokémon figures are going to do max profits for Nintendo - makes me think that a Pokémon amiibo series is going to be released sooner or later, probably alongside the next gen VI games which will feature amiibo compatibility. But all of this is only a theory and I could possibly be totally wrong. Anyway I'd be most likely indifferent to a Pokémon series amiibo as much as I am to the Mario one as I don't want or plan to get any amiibo outside of the Smash Bros. series even if they're compatible with Smash.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
GOLD MARIO AMIIBO!!!!! GIMEGIMEGIMEGIMEGIME
Just a heads up, Double posts are a thing you have to try and avoid. Triple posts are another thing entirely.
Take it from me use that Edit buttn XD I was like this when I stared here too.
Just from one Ness fan to another.

Speaking of Ness if his Amiibo looked like this I think I'd lose my ****
Seriously though if Lucas gets a pose with the rope snake my hype will tip the scales.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I want a duck hunt amiibo

that or a mewtwo

GOLD MARIO AMIIBO!!!!! GIMEGIMEGIMEGIMEGIME

201, Ahem, that would be me

202 riolus

203, and the double posting is an acident
Please do not double (triple, quadruple) post. If you wish to add something else to the discussion, please use the "Edit" feature at the bottom of your post.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sonic acquired. Too bad for me I'm at work. Ah well. Just need Megaman and Metaknight then I'll patiently wait for Wave 4.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Wave 2 just arrived to my country near the end of January but I hadn't realized until about two weeks later. Hopefully I was able to get Captain Falcon, Pit and Little Mac with no problem at all. However Wave 3 are just starting to appear but I have only been able to see Bowser, Toon Link and Dedede... Shulk is the one I'm really looking for.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Sonic acquired. Too bad for me I'm at work. Ah well. Just need Megaman and Metaknight then I'll patiently wait for Wave 4.
There were 3 sonics in the gamestop near my work the other day... I had gone there for Toon Link (saw online they had him in stock), and to my surprise, saw sonic there too. I heavily considered getting him, and I would have, but man... I didn't realize just how chunky his arms and legs were until I saw him in person. It just killed it for me. I'm not shooting for a full smash set, just the characters I like or that rep my favorite series, so I think I'll just skip him. I'm sure I can find a better figure of him somewhere else if I want to rep the Sonic series.:p

Top Bottom