• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Let's not even pretend Mario Kart sells because of Wario. He's a pretty minor part of that franchise. Wario has little to no bearing on MK sales, since most Wario game fans will be Mario game fans as it is. Wario has been featured in the Biker outfit just as long as the Classic outfit - Super Mario Land 2 came out in 1992, and the first WarioWare came out in 2003, so an 11 year gap. The gap between WarioWare's first release, and now, is already over 11 years too.
Ehm... if the biker outfit came out eleven years ago, and the classic outfit came out twenty-two years ago, wouldn't that mean that the classic outfit has been around for a longer period of time and thus would be more recognizable? It's not like the biker outfit replaced the classic one; WarioWare and Mario Kart co-existed for quite a while. (Not to mention Mario is more popular than WarioWare, and Wario is a staple of Mario Kart, sports games, Party, etc.)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All we need to do is look at trends in Europe and Japan. Across both regions, Ness and Lucina sold out first, then Robin and Pac Man. Charizard and Wario were both still available for a while after the other four, for a much longer period than the initial 15-minute rush. This is likely less because of popularity, more because of supply.

The fact they've announced Charizard only gets 1 month of production, plus the duplicate Wario in the Mario line, doesn't change the fact that they both survived longer than the rest of the wave... it just means that even the commons aren't that common. This does not bode well for wave 4.
Well... that isn't entirely true, for multiple reasons.
It was long perceived that Charizard and Wario would be the easier options, so people that want to collect all the characters but had to choose which they would get (if not all 6 at once) may have just gotten the other four. I know that I, personally, have abided by that rule early on in my amiibo collecting before I went all in, and I also notice it on these boards- to nab up the rare ones first.

Not to mention, I'm not sure where you saw the preorders end, but at least on Amiami, the only site that I saw which had them at market price, sold out of all SIX within fifteen minutes. Regardless, all of them everywhere seemed to go out quickly. I think a better indicator would be from sites like nin-nin or play-asia, which utilize markups at different prices based on availability, as we consumers are merely reacting.

Yet even still, Wario and Charizard may be rare and the other four simply MORE rare. Every wave seems to be, overall, harder to attain and ore quickly selling out. I do not see that changing.

As far as trends of selling out... unfortunately we won't know that for a time. The rarer characters now (Marth, Villager, WFT, Mac, Pit, Falcon, Lucario, Rosalina, Shulk, Meta Knight... and even Dedede and Ike) were all shown to be rare in the NA marketplace long before they were shown to be rare in Europe or Japan. The latter two tend to be better at stocking and restocking, which is great for those regions, but does not show us true availability of the product right away. In NA, many stores were never even sent Marth of Villager on Day 1! The exclusives of wave 3 were difficult here when we thought they may stay still be mainstays of other regions. Unfortunately, NA has been trailblazing the way of crappy service and shortage forewarning.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not to mention, I'm not sure where you saw the preorders end, but at least on Amiami, the only site that I saw which had them at market price, sold out of all SIX within fifteen minutes. Regardless, all of them everywhere seemed to go out quickly. I think a better indicator would be from sites like nin-nin or play-asia, which utilize markups at different prices based on availability, as we consumers are merely reacting.
Both Amazon EU and GAME (based in UK) both followed this same pattern, long before Japanese sites put up their preorders. In those cases, Wario and Charizard stayed up for nearly an hour - it was a dramatically longer period than the others.

You're correct that they all went fast in Japan, but they still went in roughly the same order.

I think one mistake we're making is misusing the definition of "Rare, Uncommon, Common." Take Rosalina, for example - on her release day, the Target I went to had 3 Sheiks, 5 Tinks, 12 Rosalinas, and more than 40 Bowsers. If you just looked at that shipment size, you'd think Rosalina was "Uncommon," Tink was "Rare," and Sheik was "Unicorn." The difference is Sheik and Tink have both had restocks and lately they haven't been too hard to find in the wild. Rosalina hasn't. What makes it even harder to define is amiibos that are currently rarest seem to be getting restocked - Marth is confirmed, and rumors are buzzing that Lil Mac, Capt. Falcon, and Villager are returning in May.

My growing concern is that these things won't be as collectible in a year or so, once the demand has died down and Nintendo catches up on stock.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not sure what point you make about Rosalina that cannot be applied to Wario. You say that she is New and doesn't have enough fans to justify her not being rare, yet say Warioware biker, just four years older, is the common one fans think of. You say her amiibo is more costly and so it is discontinued, yet, Warios Smash amiibo is ise costly than his Super Mario amiibo.

You claim additionally that Wario is more known for his biking costume because those games sell better than his Warioland titles, and My rebuttal is that games he is in as Mario spinoffs sell better, and this he is seen more freely and associated in yellow. This has nothing to do with those games being sold for him, it just shows that he is seen in yellow by more people more often, for twice as long of a span of time. By the way, Warioware probably doesn't sell because of Wario, but rather from the gameplay.

You tell me I am not being objective about Warios outfits, yet I retort your responses with facts of the same face. If time,or game sales, things you brought up, are iirrrelevant, then don't try to argue the. In the first place.

Meanwhile. If Yoshi, DK, and Peach, were just seeing price cuts because of overstocking, they would not be UBAVAILABLE on many American websites. They are being phased out.
I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that first paragraph since it seems to be trying to say two opposing things at the same time, so I'll leave it.

I didn't say Wario was more known for the biker outfit. I said it was just as well known for him at this point. Mario Kart is irrelevant, as his appearance in that holds no prominence. And he isn't that popular in that series to begin with.

Also, you're forgetting about Smash - it features both outfits, but more prominently the biker one because it's newer, fresher, and more efficiently portrays his character (i.e. an anti-hero who does what he wants). And his overall presence is MUCH more significant than it is in Mario Kart.

Also I don't particularly care about Yoshi, Peach, and DK being unavailable at a few US retailers because when I am talking about rarity or stock, I am talking globally unless stated otherwise. So it has no bearing on Wario. Wario is still readily available for pre-order at a bunch of European and Japanese places, as is Charizard, and Pac-Man is at a few other places, but he's noticeably more uncommon. Mario and Kirby aren't available at a few places over here anymore, but it's happened tons of times before. They sell out, and get restocked.

The rarer characters now (Marth, Villager, WFT, Mac, Pit, Falcon, Lucario, Rosalina, Shulk, Meta Knight... and even Dedede and Ike) were all shown to be rare in the NA marketplace long before they were shown to be rare in Europe or Japan.

Ehhh, what? Please don't spread misinformation.

Certain retail chains in the EU never got Marth, Villager, and WFT, and we have less retailers selling Amiibos than you guys do.

Same with Little Mac, except even worse. He didn't even come to Ireland at all (where I live), and a few other countries from what I've heard.

Pit and Falcon had their stock cleaned out over here long before it happened in the US.

Rosalina is another Little Mac, never made it to certain countries, including Ireland, and she actually released much sooner over here than in the US (by like, two weeks or so). Though she was even worse than Little Mac in general. Apparently people in the UK had a ton of trouble finding her at all, and stores would literally only have one or two of her. Also a lot of American collectors bought up a lot of the European Amazon stock for her and what not because of what happened with Target pre-orders, so Europeans were basically **** out of luck with Rosalina unless they pre-ordered early. Heck, even then, for some reason, American importers were getting their imports of her from Amazon a lot earlier than European importers. I am evidence of this myself, and my own Rosalina order was deemed lost (though it still arrived, so hey, free Rosie). Coupled with late/lost deliveries across the board regarding imports, and she's easily been way worse over here than in the US. And again, she was released earlier, so we knew earlier.

Lucario is considered uncommon/semi-rare over here, so I'll give you that. Ike and Sheik are also straight up commons over here, and are incredibly easy to get, but this is at the cost of Bowser and Toon Link being a lot less common than in the US, Toon Link especially.

Nintendo of Europe cancelled the vast majority of shipments meant for European retailers of Meta Knight, Dedede, and Shulk. They are literally impossible to get in stores in Europe, and have been since Day 1. We don't know why they did this for sure, but it's most likely they sent that stock to Australia. So basically, for Europeans, the only way to get these three is to have pre-ordered super early (even then you're not guaranteed), to pay obscene prices online, or to have a contact in the US who could pick them up for you (like I did for Dedede).

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
You know what I'd love to see? A game about amiibo. Doubt it'll ever happen, but I'm gonna keep dreaming. As much as I love Smash, I'd support a Nintendo all stars game of a different genre too using amino, not sure what it'd look like though.

I hope Nintendo is working on a game like this. Something similar to Skylanders where you use the figure to get that character in the game. I want one with an open world and levels based on different games, not just a bunch of minigames. I'd want it to be able to use any Amiibo that is produced, but that might be a problem for 3rd party characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Production models (I think) of these guys. Mario looks better than I expected, and Yoshi looks adorable so I might just have to pick him up eventually.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

Production models (I think) of these guys. Mario looks better than I expected, and Yoshi looks adorable so I might just have to pick him up eventually.
I prefer Jolly Mario to Angry Mario, so definitely getting him. Mario's angry look in Smash 4 kinda feels outta character to me and I'm personally not too big a fan of his current figurine. Figurine here looks nice too.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Finally joined the amiibo hype train for real by ordering Mega Man online. One of the best looking amiibos and not too expensive. I don't think I'm going to get other old wave amiibos for now, but I'll try to grab Wario and Pac-Man as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Eheheh...Charizard's still up for pre-order on GAME UK.
Wario pops up occasionally on Amazon UK.

I have literally seen no Rosies, Macs, Shulks, D3s and MKs. At all. Or Tink.

You think the US has it bad? Then do your research on other regions. Even then, Villager, WFT and Marth are still a pain in the side to get.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Eheheh...Charizard's still up for pre-order on GAME UK.
Wario pops up occasionally on Amazon UK.

I have literally seen no Rosies, Macs, Shulks, D3s and MKs. At all. Or Tink.

You think the US has it bad? Then do your research on other regions. Even then, Villager, WFT and Marth are still a pain in the side to get.
Europe may have it worse now, but it certainly did not with the first two waves. Were you here in this thread when we were specifically discussing ordering any unfound figure in the US from Europe? WFT, Marth, but particularly Villager, were all available in EU (at least, online such as Amazon and Ebay) for about half the price of what they were being sold for in NA back in December.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Europe may have it worse now, but it certainly did not with the first two waves. Were you here in this thread when we were specifically discussing ordering any unfound figure in the US from Europe? WFT, Marth, but particularly Villager, were all available in EU (at least, online such as Amazon and Ebay) for about half the price of what they were being sold for in NA back in December.
Germany =/= Europe.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Finally got around to bringing my Pit and Rosalina Amiibos to Level 50. Both of them have this disgusting habit of spamming Up Smash I have no idea where they got it from. Even worse is they don't taunt after each kill. They just Up Smash some more!

Next I'll probably bring Loogi (Luigi) up to 50 and start training Ike, Marth, and Wii Fit.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Preeeetty sure I was. I've been here since near enough the start of this thread, I just don't give my input in such 'serious' topics much. Maybe I should I specifically stated that the UK has it bad. I apologize if I've offended you or any others in any way, but hey...we're all Amiibros here. :)

In regards to the first two waves, in the UK, the Holy Trinity was on the shelves for at least 3-6 days, and then bam. They were gone and ridiculously overpriced. CF and Pit? Not so bad. Still difficult to find, however. Little Mac? Flubbin' hell, I haven't seen one in my life.

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
I have Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Mario, and Fox. I'm probably going to get Ike at some point too. Ranked from best to worst in terms of their skill, it would go Fox, Mario, Donkey Kong, and finally Yoshi. Fox is fast an extremely aggressive while Yoshi is overly defensive.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I recently trained a Fox and am lukewarm on the results. In the course of his training, I made the mistake of SDing once trying to interrupt his recovery. Now, once a match without fail, he will make a beeline for the edge and blatantly kill himself. Every single time. That one SD became an integral part of his strategy. You would think that an AI designed to rate its own performance would realize right away that jumping to your death results in loss of a stock, and ultimately the match. But no, it doesn't learn. It also fairs too much, surely because I was trying to teach it to chain fair combos.

So because of that one misstep, I have to reset him and waste another 2 hours of my life hoping I don't make a single mistake in front of him again. Interestingly though, while Fox failed to beat the Zelda and Kirby amiibos (Kirby's pretty good, Zelda's pretty horrendous), it succeeded in beating Peach (quite handily, in fact), which is the strongest amiibo we have in the house right now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Little Mac is being restocked at Best Buy as we speak. Anyone who doesn't have him, be on the lookout.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
King Dedede finally arrived today. But the package was a bit torn and bent... at least the figurine and the plastic are intact.

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
My TRU got decent restocks of Sonic and Mega Man this week. Just over a dozen of each, which is more than what we had for their release day. Meanwhile the inventory system shows that our distribution center stills has over 1,500 Lucarios which have been there for a couple weeks, but we still haven't got a restock of him yet.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i finally got my sheik ! lol @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @ Flaxr XIII Flaxr XIII :4sheik:

also, whoever is interested in seeing a close up of the new super mario amiibo heres a good video to see !
i cannot wait for :4peach: ! she looks great, and so does everyone else !

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So here's the Ike amiibo I recently got:
DSC00453.JPG

And here he is with the rest of the crew:
DSC00455.JPG

Now the only one I need left from the wave 3 line is Shulk and when wave 4 comes out, the only one I'm getting is Lucina and that'll be it for my collection.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
The Falcon and Little Mac re-stock rumors are real. I'm seeing posts of people getting Little Mac on Facebook Amiibo groups. Head to your local Best Buy before scalpers snatch them all!!!!

Khao

Smash Lord
I actually managed to get Mega Man.

Thought I missed my chance forever, so freaking glad it worked out!

Now I have characters from every game, haha, Mario and Link, who were in the first, Marth who was introduced in Melee, Pit representing Brawl, and now Mega Man.

And this is the part that I actually realize that my four mains are each from a different game, huh, that's actually really neat.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I recently trained a Fox and am lukewarm on the results. In the course of his training, I made the mistake of SDing once trying to interrupt his recovery. Now, once a match without fail, he will make a beeline for the edge and blatantly kill himself. Every single time. That one SD became an integral part of his strategy. You would think that an AI designed to rate its own performance would realize right away that jumping to your death results in loss of a stock, and ultimately the match. But no, it doesn't learn. It also fairs too much, surely because I was trying to teach it to chain fair combos.

So because of that one misstep, I have to reset him and waste another 2 hours of my life hoping I don't make a single mistake in front of him again. Interestingly though, while Fox failed to beat the Zelda and Kirby amiibos (Kirby's pretty good, Zelda's pretty horrendous), it succeeded in beating Peach (quite handily, in fact), which is the strongest amiibo we have in the house right now.
Simple solution. If you mess up in a match, don't save it to your amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Which makes it great that, if any specific region I was referring to the UK.
That just makes your point way worse because the UK was worse than the US for Amiibo supply from the get go.

And even still, the UK =/= Europe. Don't use the word "Europe" if you're referring the UK. That just makes no sense.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I actually managed to get Mega Man.

Thought I missed my chance forever, so freaking glad it worked out!

Now I have characters from every game, haha, Mario and Link, who were in the first, Marth who was introduced in Melee, Pit representing Brawl, and now Mega Man.

And this is the part that I actually realize that my four mains are each from a different game, huh, that's actually really neat.
I think Megaman might be becoming borderline uncommon. At least from the Amiibo Reddit, it looks like Megaman is popping up all over the place.

I don't want to be that guy but I'm considering getting two Lucinas. One for me and one for my sister. She demands I get a Lucina (I was always planning on getting her) but I feel more comfortable if she had her own. Of course it's gonna be a pain to even just get one....

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That just makes your point way worse because the UK was worse than the US for Amiibo supply from the get go.

And even still, the UK =/= Europe. Don't use the word "Europe" if you're referring the UK. That just makes no sense.
I specifically said Europe because, as my last post said, I meant Europe. However, the websites I referred to were UK, which is where many Americans got their stock, just as my post prior to that had said.

Kindly, stop harassing me and putting words "in my mouth" every time I post about on any subject. It has happened on more than 5 topics now. Appreciated in advance.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I specifically said Europe because, as my last post said, I meant Europe. However, the websites I referred to were UK, which is where many Americans got their stock, just as my post prior to that had said.

Kindly, stop harassing me and putting words "in my mouth" every time I post about on any subject. It has happened on more than 5 topics now. Appreciated in advance.
So you meant UK then (you never specifically mentioned the UK earlier on though). Though do note that Americans bought more on Amazon .de and .fr, actually. Especially .fr, as it's the cheapest.

And I didn't harass you or put words in your mouth. You quoted a post of mine a while back, I responded. Which started this general discussion about Amiibo status in Europe in the thread. You then started spreading fallacious information when you have no clue how things are in Europe, and I corrected it. Others have too, in case you haven't noticed.

And I don't recall communicating with you on any other topics on this website, let alone 5.

Then again, I don't creepily keep count of that sort of thing... >_>

If you have some personal issue with me, take it to PM, but I wasn't concerned with the poster in this instance, merely the fallacious and nonsensical claims of "Europe have/had it better".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Falcon and Little Mac re-stock rumors are real. I'm seeing posts of people getting Little Mac on Facebook Amiibo groups. Head to your local Best Buy before scalpers snatch them all!!!!
Really? I guess I better go to Best Buy first thing in the morning and see if they have some.

Top Bottom