• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True. But still, it's weird. I'm still surprised we can't even pre-order amiibos at Gamestop yet, even though today is literally the last day before March, and they're supposedly coming out in March, lol.
Wave 4 is not coming out until April. Europe already has the concrete release date of April 20th.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Wave 4 is not coming out until April. Europe already has the concrete release date of April 20th.
...Wow, i was misled all this time, lol. I always thought it was March. That explains alot. I guess pre-orders won't be open until a week or two from now then.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Uh, if anything no preorder means they should limit the amount you can buy. Unless you mean they're only letting you buy 1 amiibo period.
True story, I stood in line in front of a Toys R Us for an hour and a half and they only let me buy one. One. For my trouble of standing outside in sub-zero temperature, all I got to take home was Dedede, despite being first in line.

Purio

Smash Cadet
^ My Toys R Us did the same, only allowing you to buy one of each. Their Amiibo section has cards for them that show who it is, the price, and reads ONE PER CUSTOMER. That way they have to take the card from the shelf to hand to the employee. I'm fine with that method.

Wow the Ness Amiibo looks AMAZING! Definitely my most wanted from the next Wave... Well Wario too... And Charizard! ... OH! And Pacman! Lucina! Robin! Wave 4 has everyone I love! Then again... I'd buy them all regardless! Haha!

The way I see it...

Wave 5- Zero, Palutena, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Olimar, Ganondorf, and Junior.
Wave 6- Falco, G&W, Duck Hunt, Rob, Doctor, and Dark Pit.

My reasoning is that the unlockable characters will probably show up last, for anyone who still is in the dark about them. Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., and Jigglypuff were all there from the start on the WiiU game. I'm still unsure how Nintendo will handle the Miis. I guess they could just get Amiibos based on the in game Trophies... Also still really hoping Alph gets an Amiibo... Male WiiFit too... Although I dread the possibility of a wave dedicated to all the Koopalings... Haha!

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Admin Approved. Big news about the Amiibo Cup. It's starting over from season 1. You might be asking, this is a bad thing right? Nope, I'm running the Amiibo Cup on Challonge.com to make things go a lot more smoothly. I was doing all the previous ones on my iPhone notes. (It was bad lol) I'll be posting Challonge links about results of the Amiibo Cup from now on. Regular seasons and playoffs are made on separate Challonges though.

Here is what Season 1 looks like right now. http://challonge.com/AmiiboCup_Regular

'Murica :4mario: looks to take the #1 spot from Derpaderp :4dedede:.

Also that :4ness: Amiibo looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see all of wave 4. Just gotta pray for pre-orders though.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I am still waiting for the Club Nintendo Smash Soundtrack to arrive. I registered both versions on January 2, 2015 but it hasn't shipped yet?

Oh, and my Meta Knight amiibo finally arrived at my boyfriend's house! I can't wait to get my hands on it tonight! :awesome:
I registered for the Soundtrack the day Wii U version released. I certainly hope you get yours. It'd be a shame to miss out. A friend of mine got his today too judging by his Facebook posts and he also registered in November. I'm sure yours will come soon enough.

Overall, satisfied with the Amazon UK order. It came a day late but still better than weeks later. Would definitely buy again if I need to.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
If they are seriously done with preorders then Im done with amiibo locally. There is no way I am getting up at 6 AM for a damn $12.99 figurine that I have no guarantee of getting.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
That Ness amiibo is beautiful...he's 3rd in priority, with Robin being first and Lucina being second.

If they stop pre-orders, then I'd be fine with that. I don't pre-order amiibo, only games. Hm.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
^ My Toys R Us did the same, only allowing you to buy one of each. Their Amiibo section has cards for them that show who it is, the price, and reads ONE PER CUSTOMER. That way they have to take the card from the shelf to hand to the employee. I'm fine with that method.
No... Not one of each.

One amiibo. TOTAL.

As in I'm first in line, the manager brought forward Dedede, Sonic, and Megaman (not Ike, though it was his release day), lines them up in front of me, and says "You may choose one." There were only 9 people in line, and they still felt they didn't have enough for everybody.

Overall, satisfied with the Amazon UK order. It came a day late but still better than weeks later. Would definitely buy again if I need to.
My WFT came about 3 days late, and the box was beat up. I opened it up, and sure enough the packaging was damaged - The plastic was crushed, and all four corners of the cardboard are bent and dog-eared. I'm pretty irritated about it.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No... Not one of each.

One amiibo. TOTAL.

As in I'm first in line, the manager brought forward Dedede, Sonic, and Megaman (not Ike, though it was his release day), lines them up in front of me, and says "You may choose one." There were only 9 people in line, and they still felt they didn't have enough for everybody.

My WFT came about 3 days late, and the box was beat up. I opened it up, and sure enough the packaging was damaged - The plastic was crushed, and all four corners of the cardboard are bent and dog-eared. I'm pretty irritated about it.
That was how Rosalina launch day was for me. Target's here would not sell Toon Link, Sheik, and Rosie, all.
A slightly easier pick... I mean, no one went to target early for Sheik.

I always try to preorder. It alleviates a large portion (though certainly not all) of the stress.
Even my Gamestop, my local one, only received 2 of 11 Ike amiibo, and since they seem to never contact me when they say they will, I missed out on that preordered bit.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
No... Not one of each.

One amiibo. TOTAL.

Personally I would have gone Dedede seeing how he is a hard find as it is.
And the fact America hasn't even seen pre-orders is pretty ludicrous on is own.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
This may sound stupid, but does anyone know how the amiibo situation is in the Nintendo world store in New York City? Do they carry a good assortment of amiibos, or is just mario and link like everywhere else?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Personally I would have gone Dedede seeing how he is a hard find as it is.
And the fact America hasn't even seen pre-orders is pretty ludicrous on is own.
Yeah, at my TRU I was only allowed to pick one in total. It was Dedede which was the last of the non-exclusives that I didn't have covered. I was upset though because I wanted to get one extra Sonic and Mega Man because they were considered 'rare' at the time and I wanted to use them as trade bait.

I agree that the American situation is getting ridiculous. NOA or just Nintendo in general has dropped the ball on this whole thing. I get that they want to create demand, but it's getting to the point where it's back firing on their fans. They continue to shoot themselves in the foot throughout this whole thing. The Amiibo cards idea they keep talking about just kills the fun in collecting these things. The figures pay such a homage to so many great games that have figures involved of some sort. Especially Smash.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yeah, at my TRU I was only allowed to pick one in total. It was Dedede which was the last of the non-exclusives that I didn't have covered. I was upset though because I wanted to get one extra Sonic and Mega Man because they were considered 'rare' at the time and I wanted to use them as trade bait.

I agree that the American situation is getting ridiculous. NOA or just Nintendo in general has dropped the ball on this whole thing. I get that they want to create demand, but it's getting to the point where it's back firing on their fans. They continue to shoot themselves in the foot throughout this whole thing. The Amiibo cards idea they keep talking about just kills the fun in collecting these things. The figures pay such a homage to so many great games that have figures involved of some sort. Especially Smash.
The whole point in Amiibo was to replicate the Smash brothers trophies.
Cards would ruin the entire concept and over all would be easier for a kid to Lose.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This may sound stupid, but does anyone know how the amiibo situation is in the Nintendo world store in New York City? Do they carry a good assortment of amiibos, or is just mario and link like everywhere else?
Generally just commons and uncommons, but they do get re-stocks of rarer ones sometimes, which they announce on Twitter.

Recently, they re-stocked on all non-exclusive Wave 3 Amiibos. My friend secured me a King Dedede there.

You have to show up really early for stuff like that though. There is always a huge line.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Not sure If anyone posted this but :

Rosalina : http://videogames.ae/rosalina-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Shiek : http://videogames.ae/sheik-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Luigi : http://videogames.ae/luigi-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Captain Falcon : http://videogames.ae/captain-falcon-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html
Toon Link : http://videogames.ae/toon-link-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-wii-u.html

Most other rare ones are Out of stock

I'm almost sure they ship worldwide.

I ordered my Rosalina recently and have yet to receive it to give any ratings on this site though.

(They have Ike)

I'm missing a lot on my Amiibo Collection right now but I have :

:4diddy::4dk::4lucario::4link::4myfriends:
:4mario::4marth::4tlink::4sheik::4samus:
:4wiifit::4zelda::4villager::4peach:

What I really need is :
:4pit::4littlemac::4megaman::4sonic::4dedede::4metaknight:

Please inform me If you know where I could get any of those.
Has your :rosalina: shipped or made it to your house yet. If so, then I'm tempted to import one or two :4falcon:s from there so I can have them customized to my favorite Falcon colors (Pink and Gold).

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That was how Rosalina launch day was for me. Target's here would not sell Toon Link, Sheik, and Rosie, all.
A slightly easier pick... I mean, no one went to target early for Sheik.

I always try to preorder. It alleviates a large portion (though certainly not all) of the stress.
Even my Gamestop, my local one, only received 2 of 11 Ike amiibo, and since they seem to never contact me when they say they will, I missed out on that preordered bit.
Actually, I wasn't even there for amiibos. I was there for a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL, which I found out the hard way they didn't even have. I couldn't leave empty-handed after that. I did make some great hunting contacts though, and one of them followed up with a lead on someone who sold me their extra MM 3DS (and of course it was a Gamestop employee who had more than one pre-ordered... and she wasn't even the first GS employee I'd met who told me they'd had multiples of that item. They more or less poached as many as they could even before the announcement officially came out in the Direct.)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually, I wasn't even there for amiibos. I was there for a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL, which I found out the hard way they didn't even have. I couldn't leave empty-handed after that. I did make some great hunting contacts though, and one of them followed up with a lead on someone who sold me their extra MM 3DS (and of course it was a Gamestop employee who had more than one pre-ordered... and she wasn't even the first GS employee I'd met who told me they'd had multiples of that item. They more or less poached as many as they could even before the announcement officially came out in the Direct.)
February 13th was a big Nintendo release day. February first was just Rosalina.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Does anyone else think they aren't going to do pre orders anymore?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Does anyone else think they aren't going to do pre orders anymore?
No, I think they're staggering the regions to try and cut down on the number of overseas orders.

It seems backwards, but the alternative is to do them all at once - which they've done, and which has caused problems. They must be trying something different this time around.

We still have almost 2 full months before they're expected to hit stores. Give it time.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, according to Pitu, Charizard will only have one month of production. Yes, Charizard, the biggest name in Pokemon behind Pikachu himself, will have one measly month of production. Is nintendo borderline idiotic?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
No, I think they're staggering the regions to try and cut down on the number of overseas orders.

It seems backwards, but the alternative is to do them all at once - which they've done, and which has caused problems. They must be trying something different this time around.

We still have almost 2 full months before they're expected to hit stores. Give it time.
Some people's wave 3 pre-orders haven't even gotten fulfilled yet. I'm still waiting on my Ike & Mega Man in store pre orders. They said they're expected to be here by April -_-

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So guys, according to Pitu, Charizard will only have one month of production. Yes, Charizard, the biggest name in Pokemon behind Pikachu himself, will have one measly month of production. Is nintendo borderline idiotic?
...Wow. They better not look like the equivalent to the Fire Emblem amiibos when it comes to quality then. Charizard's the only other amiibo i care to get out of this wave besides Ness.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
...Wow. They better not look like the equivalent to the Fire Emblem amiibos when it comes to quality then. Charizard's the only other amiibo i care to get out of this wave besides Ness.
it's funny because megaman got more production than one of their most iconic pokemon,

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
So how exactly does pre-ordering work in terms of when you pay the money? I'm inclined now to get my Charizard Amiibo through pre-ordering.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
And Charizard was shaping up to be one of the commons, alongside Wario... oi.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's always at least one common, and it's probably Wario. He's a popular Mario character that transcended to have his own popular games, and lots of them too. He's in the same boat as Yoshi, and will likely be stocked to the same extent.

PF9

Smash Lord
I know I'm going to get Wario, too, because I want to name that one Terrance or Phillip (TBD by a coin flip), still doesn't answer my question from earlier.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So how exactly does pre-ordering work in terms of when you pay the money? I'm inclined now to get my Charizard Amiibo through pre-ordering.
Entirely depends on the retailer.

Some ask for no payment until shipment, some ask for a deposit that covers part of the price, some ask for you to pay in full for the pre-order there and then. And then some places just don't do pre-orders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom