• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mind the reflexes, but my amiibos can rack up damage so fast because they get boosted attack power even if I don't feed them. Makes it hard to fight as I can combo it to a set amount of damage but then it huts me once or twice and I'm about to get KOed (slight exaggeration but you get the point)
Some amiibos are not as good as others though. I've seen it myself with my own amiibo collection.

My Yoshi amiibo is usually the one who performs the worst, as he's hardly ever the one who wins for his team during a team battle. And he usually suffers from a negative score during any timed matches against the level 9 CPUs.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The higher level your amiibo is, the stronger its attacks are.
Perhaps I haven't noticed this because my amiibo has a really hard time KOing me.

-------------------

On a separate note, when it came to training my Rosalina & Luma amiibo I did a mix of things when trying to teach her, like using items early on, trying different stages with different mechanics, and more, but I did a few mistakes (some of which were major in themselves).

First, I didn't introduce her to the swimming mechanic early on. Whenever she got near the water, she immediately recovered with her special. Because of this, she could be punished easily, however, when she did go in the water she learned to swim and jump out, without fear of drowning (she does steer clear from it though).

Second, I used some custom equipment and specials on myself, but not her. This mistake was very minor since she could easily adapt to what I threw at her.

Finally, my most terrible mistake, was not introducing her to other fighters. I focused too much on teaching her new material and not letting her use what I taught her against other fighters. She only fought me, Rosalina, and know she knows very well how to handle herself against any other Rosalina, but now that she's at level 50 and hasn't fought every character, she isn't able to adapt very well to fighting new characters.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Is Target not restocking Rosalina anymore now or in the future, because I plan on trying to find her sometime soon. (Like tomorrow soon)
Call ahead and ask about DCPI# 207-00-5021. Target stores aren't getting more if they have sold out. It's been confirmed by official sources. Import from overseas or buy or trade from someone who has one.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Some amiibos are not as good as others though. I've seen it myself with my own amiibo collection.

My Yoshi amiibo is usually the one who performs the worst, as he's hardly ever the one who wins for his team during a team battle. And he usually suffers from a negative score during any timed matches against the level 9 CPUs.
My Yoshi amiibo has the same issue, he's the worst of all my amiibo.

Speaking of, I kinda want to put my amiibos into tiers:

A tier:
:rosalina: Galaxy
:4mario: Firelord M

B tier:
:4falcon: Cpt Norris
:4luigi: Dreamy L
:4kirby: Kurvy

C tier:
:4link: Ravio
:4yoshi: Lord Yosh

Cpt Norris is on the verge of A tier I think, he can grab and combo nicely. It also seems my amiibo only react when I act, and they do the same for any other competitor. I fI have two amiibos against each other, they will literally stand there for multiple seconds sometimes. Anyone else having this issue?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
That seems to be the case a lot when I've had a fight with two Amiibos. A particularly ridiculous case I had one time that Wii Fit Trainer just kept running back and forth while her opponent (Peach I think?) sort of chased her; I'm pretty sure she ran at least 3 laps before one of them landed an attack and actually started fighting a little. Samus also likes to charge her charge shot immediately and then not attack. I'm pretty sure I'll need to reset her as she tends to randomly jump and fire charge shots and missiles for no apparent reason.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
My Yoshi amiibo has the same issue, he's the worst of all my amiibo.

Speaking of, I kinda want to put my amiibos into tiers:

A tier:
:rosalina: Galaxy
:4mario: Firelord M

B tier:
:4falcon: Cpt Norris
:4luigi: Dreamy L
:4kirby: Kurvy

C tier:
:4link: Ravio
:4yoshi: Lord Yosh

Cpt Norris is on the verge of A tier I think, he can grab and combo nicely. It also seems my amiibo only react when I act, and they do the same for any other competitor. I fI have two amiibos against each other, they will literally stand there for multiple seconds sometimes. Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah, I have that issue too.
Honestly, my amiibos have been playing really defensive which I do not like because I wanted them to play aggressively. I think it was because I was playing agressively. The only amiibos that play agressively is :4dk: Ding Dong and :4fox: Wolf (with running up smash to boot).

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I'm putting Cpt Norris and Kurvy to the task to train Ravio. Ravio is in a 1v2 against them, trying out some things with amiibo training as amiibos training other amiibos might be more effective.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Though, seriously what do I do now?

Contacting the website failed sooo...Do I just keep trying? Can I call them? Argh...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Perhaps I haven't noticed this because my amiibo has a really hard time KOing me.

-------------------

On a separate note, when it came to training my Rosalina & Luma amiibo I did a mix of things when trying to teach her, like using items early on, trying different stages with different mechanics, and more, but I did a few mistakes (some of which were major in themselves).

First, I didn't introduce her to the swimming mechanic early on. Whenever she got near the water, she immediately recovered with her special. Because of this, she could be punished easily, however, when she did go in the water she learned to swim and jump out, without fear of drowning (she does steer clear from it though).

Second, I used some custom equipment and specials on myself, but not her. This mistake was very minor since she could easily adapt to what I threw at her.

Finally, my most terrible mistake, was not introducing her to other fighters. I focused too much on teaching her new material and not letting her use what I taught her against other fighters. She only fought me, Rosalina, and know she knows very well how to handle herself against any other Rosalina, but now that she's at level 50 and hasn't fought every character, she isn't able to adapt very well to fighting new characters.
I've read somewhere that a level 50 amiibo will continue to learn techniques from other characters, but you can't really train it to utilize your character's playstyle.

For example, whenever I use Yoshi's Yoshi Bomb a lot, my Yoshi amiibo hardly ever tries to replicate that. Likewise, whenever I have Rosalina use Gravitational Pull to counter a projectile, I don't see my Rosalina amiibo replicating that tactic, if at all.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I've read somewhere that a level 50 amiibo will continue to learn techniques from other characters, but you can't really train it to utilize your character's playstyle.

For example, whenever I use Yoshi's Yoshi Bomb a lot, my Yoshi amiibo hardly ever tries to replicate that. Likewise, whenever I have Rosalina use Gravitational Pull to counter a projectile, I don't see my Rosalina amiibo replicating that tactic, if at all.
My amiibo and my brother's amiibo seem to be replicating our styles (mine only barely). My Rosalina does use Gravitational Pull a lot and does some of the things that I do, but only somewhat. My younger brother's Link amiibo on the other hand pretty much acts like his playstyle, doing up-smash after up-smash. However, I think it probably won't matter in the end since they'll act differently at the final level.

Anyways, I'm gonna read that thread you posted a link to right now. If it's a wasted effort, then that's fine with me since I don't use the amiibo too much. Plus, I do get some goodies out of it. There is one thing that's bothering me... Should I tell my younger brother and sister? My brother wanted an amiibo for the sole purpose of getting a weapon in Hyrule Warriors, the Spinner. If he found out it doesn't really matter in Smash Bros., he'll lose interest and my sister would follow as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Call ahead and ask about DCPI# 207-00-5021. Target stores aren't getting more if they have sold out. It's been confirmed by official sources. Import from overseas or buy or trade from someone who has one.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.
This is deeply disappointing and I actually have a Rosalina amiibo. The way Nintendo mishandled the amiibo franchise is really something... wow... what's the point of advertising amiibos if most of us cannot even buy them? (thanks a lot, scalpers)

Disney Infinity and Skylanders have dozens upon dozens of characters readily available in many stores... but Nintendo's own amiibo figures? Forget it. You'd be lucky to find even a dozen different characters in one place. I am seriously tired of seeing the same faces over and over.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4pikachu:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Picked up rosalina and meta knight today.
(Canada)

Only have mega man, sonic, and shulk left to get for this wave.

Wave 4 has less characters thank god.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'm tempted to buy extra Sheiks or Toon Links for trade bait so I can get Marth, Wii Fit, Lucario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Villager, Pit, and Captain Falcon off of trades. There is no way I am paying $50 for these figures. Either that or I'm importing them.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Well I'm taking to importing Rosalina from Japan using Canadian Amazon. The price for the cheapest one there is currently 28.62 in American dollars, with free shipping.

So, I am proud to say

Canada, heck yeah
Coming again to save the day yeah!

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Is Target not restocking Rosalina anymore now or in the future, because I plan on trying to find her sometime soon. (Like tomorrow soon)
A lot of people are saying so, I haven't seen anything official yet... though I've realized that with Rosalina getting a Mario Party 10 figure very soon, it painfully makes sense that her Smash model would be in short supply.

I'm having the same problem with my Yoshi amiibo, and Yoshi's my main. I can consistently 3-stock it with any character - it just wants to spam eggs, tongue, and egg rolls, even though it actually seemed pretty devastating between 18 and 23. Meanwhile, my girlfriend's Peach amiibo is the terror of the household. I could only beat it after about 45 minutes straight of banging my head against a wall.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i can't believe it, but i actually got my rosalina amiibo yesterday at her launch,
but I'm still deciding on whether i wanna open it or not ! what should i do ?
:rosalina:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
i can't believe it, but i actually got my rosalina amiibo yesterday at her launch,
but I'm still deciding on whether i wanna open it or not ! what should i do ?
:rosalina:
I opened the box because I like to live on the edge!
I kept the box too cuz I'm totally gonna be that guy who buys an Elsa Infinity figure, puts her in Rosalina's box, and says "Hai guys, check out mah Rosalina!"

I noticed that Infinity figures cost more than Amiibos.

Edit to fix my atrocious grammar. Sorry you had to see that.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I opened the box. Because I like to live on the edge!
I kept the box though cuz I'm totally gonna be that guy who buys an Elsa Infinity figure, put her in Rosalina's box, and say "Hai guys, check out mah Rosalina!"

I noticed that Infinity figures cost more than Amiibos though.
so you're evil !

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Is the Sheik amiibo supposed to be rare?
Not sure if it was confirmed but they were reports of Target not getting another Sheik shipment (along with Rosalina), may be wrong but I'd get one as soon as possible.

But compared to other products I think every amiibo is rare ):

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Of the EU Wave 3 (or Wave 3a over in NA):

:4bowser:= Super Common
:4tlink:= Common
:4lucario:= Common/Uncommon (depending on area, though he is no rare in most places)
:4myfriends:= Uncommon/Rare (He won't be a unicorn at least, especially with Codename STEAM coming out. With Marth being restocked, I think he'll be at least better stocked than the initial wave of Marths we had before)
:4sheik:= Rare (Scarce, but at least well spread out. Also not as hyped as some other Amiibos)
:rosalina:= Unicorn (We have confirmation she won't be restocked, she only got 1 month of production to begin with, exclusive with a lot of hype in NA that got bought up quickly, flat out hard to find from the start in Europe and Japan, not being sold in some countries a la Little Mac who was also a Unicorn, one of the most well done figures, and is really two in one, meaning harder to produce and she is going to get a replacement in the Super Mario version anyway)

Also:
http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/02/02/super-mario-series-amiibo-figures-to-be-stocked-in-abundance/

So yeah, Super Mario figures will be stocked more plentifully than the Smash ones across the board. That basically confirms my theory on why Smash Rosalina is so rare - SM Rosalina will be stocked more plentifully anyway, will be easier to make due to simpler artstyle and no Luma, and most people just want a Rosalina figure, no matter what it is.

Also, Toad is going to have the lightest allocation of the Super Mario Amiibos, but apparently won't be as rare as the rarest Smash Amiibos. Either way, he's the one you should go for first if you plan to get all of the Super Mario Amiibos.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2umbqy/rosalinas_future_shop_preorder_gone_in_10_seconds/

Rosalina FutureShop pre-orders in Canada sold out in 10 SECONDS.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not sure if it was confirmed but they were reports of Target not getting another Sheik shipment (along with Rosalina), may be wrong but I'd get one as soon as possible.

Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, and Peach have been a common sight on my end.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I think that any amiibo who are not:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4pikachu: and maybe :4wario::4tlink::4dedede::4charizard::4greninja::4pacman::4sonic:

can be assumed to be uncommon or rare.

I think that if the character is well-known with young children (whose parents buy them games because it has Mario, Kirby, or Pikachu on the front) and PS4/Xbone/PC dudebro gamers (who don't play Nintendo games but Zelda, Metroid, and Smash), that character is more likely to get more amiibos manufactured.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Any character that has consistently appeared in games for at least a decade or so is probably gonna be common.

EDIT: My Rosalina Amiibo also has not arrived yet today either.

Also, she's been taken down from Target.com.

And my Amazon.fr pre-order for Mega Man just went down in price. I also pre-ordered the Mario Party 10 + Mario Amiibo bundle while I was at it, but there is no guarantee I can pay for that yet. I just wanted to pre-order it there because it's generously cheap.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I'm actually worried over Meta Knight. Like, he seems like he'll be impossible to get a hold of, let alone one with a shiny mask/good paint job..

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Everyone's talking about Rosalina and the other exclusive figures.
I'm just sitting here thinking of getting a Duck Hunt amiibo (when announced).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Though, seriously what do I do now?

Contacting the website failed sooo...Do I just keep trying? Can I call them? Argh...
Considering the response, I just have one question - did you pre-order Rosalina and Shulk at around the same time?

If so, they may be grouping the two into the one package. Shulk does not release in Japan until February 19th (along with Mega Man and Sonic). So they might be waiting and grouping your Rosalina in with your Shulk shipment. Some places do this as it costs them and you less to ship multiple items to the same address at once, rather than separately.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

A guy on the subreddit posted this.

Said that Lucario and Marth are generally common. But Rosalina is actually rare there too.

I'm starting to think we need a new tier of rarity.

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, Rosalina will likely be part of wave 2 of the Super Mario series at the earliest, do we have any idea as to when that will come out?

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Well, Rosalina will likely be part of wave 2 of the Super Mario series at the earliest, do we have any idea as to when that will come out?
probably a few months after the first wave comes out i wanna say.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I predict Summer, possibly May. At least for Europe.

Europe has literally been getting a Wave a month, and with the exception of Smash Wave 1 and EU Smash Wave 4, we've gotten them in batches of 6.

So basically:

Smash Wave 1: 28th November
Smash Wave 2: 19th December
Smash Wave 3: 23rd January
Smash Wave 4 (Sonic, Shulk, etc): 20th February
Super Mario Wave 1: 20th March
Smash Wave 5: Spring 2015 (likely around the 20th of April)

After that, I think Super Mario Wave 2 will be in May. Smash Wave 6 in June. And it will keep going in rotation like that until the Smash line is all out.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice

A guy on the subreddit posted this.

Said that Lucario and Marth are generally common. But Rosalina is actually rare there too.

I'm starting to think we need a new tier of rarity.
What the heck kind of store still has Marth and Fox in stock like that? Theyve been gone for months lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What the heck kind of store still has Marth and Fox in stock like that? Theyve been gone for months lol
German stores are always like that.

And Fox isn't that rare over in Ireland. I can still get a few (though I already have one so I have no need).

Top Bottom