• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I thought so too, since with Wave 2 Amazon cancelled my Pit, Captain Falcon, and Mac preorders. Guess you can't trust anyone now. I'd advise anyone who preordered from GameStop to check the status of your preorders via online.

I guess I'll go out the morning of the 13th and see if I can grab anyone.
Did your preorder online or in-store?

I ordered in-store and mine seem fine from the site, but gonna double check anyway tomorrow.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
He's out in Europe. I have him. Nobody seems to care about him though.
He's sold out pretty much everywhere for preorders. I think people care a lot about Ike, I'm nervous about my B&H preorder for him, TRU never gave me the 2nd shot to preorder him. I would preorder him twice if TRU lets me and hope one shows.

Purio

Smash Cadet
Did your preorder online or in-store?

I ordered in-store and mine seem fine from the site, but gonna double check anyway tomorrow.
I preordered them in-store on January 3rd, I paid in full for them.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Got a note from amazon saying Toon Link was delayed till who knows when. But Bowser was bumped to hopefully ship this weekend. Yay? Still have yet to hear a word about Sheik though. Those are the three I have preordered from amazon.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Bowser is everywhere around my towns I'm in. He's clearly like Mario around here: Already have.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
How did they notify you they were canceled? I've never had a pre-order canceled, but I'd like to know what I need to look out for on my order.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How did you look up the amiibo on the website?
I put in my 5 digit confirmation code, I have a separate one for each amiibo. Is that what you did?

Purio

Smash Cadet
I received an email and later a text message that both read:

"Unfortunately this orders have been closed due to the fact that the manufacturer did not send enough items to fulfill all the orders. Therefore we were forced to cancel as we will not be able to deliver them. We apologize for this situation as we were not expecting this to happen."

I had one code that listed all my preorders on it. It had the total price $97.30, and at the bottom said it was paid.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I received an email and later a text message that both read:

"Unfortunately this orders have been closed due to the fact that the manufacturer did not send enough items to fulfill all the orders. Therefore we were forced to cancel as we will not be able to deliver them. We apologize for this situation as we were not expecting this to happen."

I had one code that listed all my preorders on it. It had the total price $97.30, and at the bottom said it was paid.

Im sorry that happened man.Hoping that preorders wont be dropped without foreknowledge.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So my :4wiifit::4luigi::4sheik::4myfriends:came yesterday, but they're boxed up for my birthday.

To those struggling to find Sheik and Ike, search Amazon UK. They're relatively cheap there.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I called my GameStop yesterday and they said my Ike and Shulk pre-order won't come in till the 13th, but they will call me on that day when they're in because they want to make sure everyone who pre-ordered gets theirs.

That's comforting to hear. :seuss:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:4mario::4link::4diddy::4peach::4luigi::4zelda::4bowser: are all I have for now, I was going to get them all but I'm not paying extra for Marth, WFT, Villager and whoever else gets discontinued, so I'll just buy a few more of my faves and save some money.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I just sent a note to Nintendo. I'd encourage everyone else to do also because I've about had enough of all the scalping and constant unavailability of some Amiibo. I'm waiting for a response now.

This is what I said:
This availability crisis for Amiibo is getting WAY out of hand. I just want to collect the whole Smash 4 roster and that is it. Anything else is a bonus. I'm not going out of my way to pay $50 for something that is worth $12-$15. Scalpers are making a fortune off of these products and its money that you guys could be earning. I get that you guys want to create more demand for these things, but then you have to fulfill it. You're not fulfilling it. You're pushing your main core fans and casual fans away and drawing more scalpers into the mix. No one is going to buy these things knowing scalpers will get there first and then resell them for about 3 times the original price. That goes the same with the GameCube Adapter. All hype. No sell. Please do the right thing.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Looks like club Nintendo potential.
Im getting off the amiibo train with the smash collection.

I aint killin my wallet over this.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If y'all listen closely, you can hear the sound of my wallet moving to its new home at NOA.

Now I'm hiding before this apocalypse known as "silver and gold" but hey, at least I'll be in better shape than some Prospector who went hunting for the stuff.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Looks like club Nintendo potential.
Im getting off the amiibo train with the smash collection.

I aint killin my wallet over this.
I would have thought it would be a Club Nintendo reward, but the program is ending. It would be a nice final bonus to members though! That said, I'm not planning on getting the Mario series of Amiibos other than possibly purchasing Toad. Luigi and Yoshi both look better in that series, but I already bought the Smash ones and don't plan on getting Mario Party 10. I'd definitely buy a Boo/King Boo Amiibo if one is added to the Mario series though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I keep getting error 404. Is there something important going on or what?
Apparently, those links led to a "Silver" and "Gold" Mario amiibo (separate to make collectors pay more money than the amount to get the Sablé Prince trophy for them!)

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Now, if stuff like Gold and Silver editions were rare, ITD MAKE SENSE, and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

But it's pretty ridiculous that almost every amiibo that isn't a main character is either rare, or hard to find on store shelves.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've been sharing this around in a few threads, finally decided it makes more sense to post here.

I have every non-exclusive Wave 3 amiibo preordered with Walmart (NA). They've since e-mailed me regarding each one to inform me of their release dates. These have been shown to differ from Gamestop's dates, but these could be useful if you missed a release (as you may have already with 3a):

:4tlink::4sheik::4bowser:: 2/6
:4sonic:: 2/13
:4dedede::4myfriends::4megaman:: 2/20

Make sure you call ahead, like now. amiibos are not street-dated, so if they get them early they might release early!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The best thing we can do as a community is to not purchase amiibos for more than retail. If the sculpters have a market its because we've bought into it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got an email from Amazon saying that they may not have a Mega Man for me by the end of the month and needed my permission to continue searching beyond March 6th. And here I ordered one on December 10th. >_>

Guess I'll be outside Toys R Us on the 13th and Gamestop on the 20th just in case...

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Got an email from Amazon saying that they may not have a Mega Man for me by the end of the month and needed my permission to continue searching beyond March 6th. And here I ordered one on December 10th. >_>

Guess I'll be outside Toys R Us on the 13th and Gamestop on the 20th just in case...
Gamestop is just releasing them whenever...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Disney Infinity released Crystal versions of their entire line of figures.
I wonder if this is next for the simple (cheap) Nintendo characters, such as the Super Mario line.

If this amiibo is for the Club Nintendo patrons, I certainly hope that Platinum gets both of the two colors, Gold and Silver.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Now, if stuff like Gold and Silver editions were rare, ITD MAKE SENSE, and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

But it's pretty ridiculous that almost every amiibo that isn't a main character is either rare, or hard to find on store shelves.
THANK YOU!!!! These gold and silver ones should be rare and deserve to be rare for logical reasons.

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
I preordered my Ike from gamestop in store and I went today, and they said they'd call me on the 13th to go pick it up. The manager said it was doubtful there would be any extras beyond preorders so I probably won't be able to get a Shulk unless I get a Japanese one.

I actually got a $25 dollar Japanese Marth off of Amazon America, and it works exactly the same. A lot cheaper than he was being sold on ebay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom