• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
German stores are always like that.

And Fox isn't that rare over in Ireland. I can still get a few (though I already have one so I have no need).
Well shoot. Looks like i need to order some old ones i dont have from there. Amazon Germany ship to the US?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Busted out on Amiibo hunting today. Toys R Us had a buttload of Bowser, but seeing how I already have him, it doesn't do me much good. I did order a Fox from the UK today, so that's nice. I'm definitely gonna preorder more heavily for Wave 4. This is way too annoying.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
When said every amiibo is rare I was exaggerating, but seriously the whole situation is bad, as you can go into a store and only see, like, 3 amiibos.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my imported Marth today. Thankfully I didn't get a derp face (though it does stand out compared to my Little Mac/Pit) though the weapon is bent.

Will try to fix it later tonight, read that dipping it in warm water and then cold helps. Either way if I get the chance I'm taking a picture of it together with my boxed copies of FE1/3/11/12 and anime VHS Tape I have. :laugh:

Azuni

Smash Rookie
My Target called today, and they finally got wave3 shipment in. Got my Rosalina that they held for me to pick-up (at least 20 to match the people that did this from Sunday I assume). Canceled my Rosalina import to save some money. Just as I was leaving the store, I saw them unboxing more wave3, but I only saw 6 Rosalinas and 1 Bowser put up before I left. They had at least one more big box to unload, though. Besides those, the stock looked incredibly tiny, with 1 Kirby, 2 Samus, and some Mario/Peach/Luigi/Yoshi/DK.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And I'm just sitting here and waiting for my Mewtwo amiibo.

Also, all these release dates that @ ChikoLad ChikoLad mentioned on the previous page is confusing me so much, since wave 4 is already out over here lol :p
As I stated, they were the European dates.

I go buy them because:

1) That's where I live.
2) NA doesn't get solid release dates, and certainly not one release date for the entire wave.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EDIT: NoA is taking a survey on social media channels, but they have three questions about Amiibo in there. Might be worth doing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2unwrw/nintendo_of_america_is_asking_for_feedback_on/
**** that survey is long. Most of those questions didn't apply to me (only uses FB, YT).

Still it was a good chance to make some statements about supporting the Smash Community, stating your favorite Amiibo (includes all of Wave 3), collectables (I mentioned Soundtracks), who your favorite character is and why, etc.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
As I stated, they were the European dates.

I go buy them because:

1) That's where I live.
2) NA doesn't get solid release dates, and certainly not one release date for the entire wave.
I'm just saying its weird because in Australia we got them on the 29th of January....

Wouldn't be surprised if it was for the same reason as the New 3DS thing.
The demand probably isn't as big as in NA or other places..... even then they totally sold out of most of the amiibo >_>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just in case some of you are struggling to get :4sheik: and :4myfriends:, they are still readily available here. If anyone is in desperate need of them, just PM me about it. Might consider hooking people up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have given up hope on finding :4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4falcon: and possibly :4lucario: amiibos... so I am shifting my focus on finding :4sheik::4myfriends::4dedede::4metaknight::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic: amiibos.

According to the GameStop website, the Nintendo characters (except Meta Knight) should be available on or around February 13 while the third-party characters are on or around February 20. I guess it means I will have to check my local GameStop stores everyday for the next two weeks to see if they have any Wave 3 amiibos in stock.

The one amiibo I really hope to get is :4duckhunt:.

I really hate that Nintendo made certain character amiibos in extremely limited quantities and I hate that the scalpers are making things worse for the rest of us who want to collect amiibos and/or play with amiibos. I also hate that the word "scalper" is now part of my daily vocabulary. :seuss:

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Got my imported Marth today. Thankfully I didn't get a derp face (though it does stand out compared to my Little Mac/Pit) though the weapon is bent.

Will try to fix it later tonight, read that dipping it in warm water and then cold helps. Either way if I get the chance I'm taking a picture of it together with my boxed copies of FE1/3/11/12 and anime VHS Tape I have. :laugh:
I wanna see this VHS of yours. Is this a recent purchase? It can't be...

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I seriously think we should all try to send a letter to Nintendo to encourage them to manufacture more of the rare Amiibo like Marth & Captain Falcon. This is getting ridiculous & there seems to be no sign of it ending anytime soon. #fightthescalpers

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I like how people are saying like "Nintendo should make more of this rare Amiibo guy. That'll show the scalpers!" But wouldn't that just encourage the scalpers to buy them too and have more inventory themselves?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like how people are saying like "Nintendo should make more of this rare Amiibo guy. That'll show the scalpers!" But wouldn't that just encourage the scalpers to buy them too and have more inventory themselves?
Well, would the scalpers be realistically able to afford hundreds of the same amiibos if Nintendo made more amiibos?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Scalping is something I do home Nintendo addresses in some way, given that ALL of their launched products since Villager went rare have been subjected to a full lack of availability.

I expected to be told to "please, understand."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I find it hard to believe that all of their amiibos have been subjected to a full lack of availability.

The amiibos I consistently see fully stocked in my local GameStop stores, local Best Buy stores, local Target stores, and local Toys R Us stores are :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4pikachu:.

Of course, only Mario and his classic friends, the Kongs, "Zelda" and the actual Zelda, "Metroid", Kirby, and Pikachu are always available no matter what. But that may change once the Mario series amiibos hit the shelves... then maybe the Smash series amiibos of the Mario characters will become extinct like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wanna see this VHS of yours. Is this a recent purchase? It can't be...
Saw it on Ebay for $20 back in September, which is a great deal considering the Fire Emblem anime is rare (or at least from what I've seen goes for $60+ these days).

Got into going down to my local Goodwill store and picking up $1 tapes to watch. I have an old TV (because College, watch most TV online now, and being cheap).

But back on topic...

Purio

Smash Cadet
So... GameStop just cancelled my preorders for the rest of the Wave 3 Amiibos. Kinda really upset about this... First time I actually had a preorder cancelled... Is there any other reliable place to preorder the rest here in the US?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
So... GameStop just cancelled my preorders for the rest of the Wave 3 Amiibos. Kinda really upset about this... First time I actually had a preorder cancelled... Is there any other reliable place to preorder the rest here in the US?
Gamestop was the only retailer I was aware of that hadn't canceled Amiibo pre-orders in the past, so it seems like there's no safe place to reserve in the US.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
My Walmart preorders of Toon Link and Sheik are supposed to "release" Friday, ship sometime after, and then arrive by Thursday of next week. If it got canceled I would lose it.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Is anyone else outraged by this display of reprehensible human behavior? Between the scalping pigs and the Warehouse/Retailers/nintendo giving next to nothing for supply it's almost blatant that they want to encourage the scalping and hoarding. So disgustingly unethical.

I'm very happy that I don't get to actually use the product for it's intended purpose because some greasy nerds somewhere wanna try to make a quick buck at someone else's expense. *rage* *rage* *rage*

Last edited:

Purio

Smash Cadet
Gamestop was the only retailer I was aware of that hadn't canceled Amiibo pre-orders in the past, so it seems like there's no safe place to reserve in the US.
I thought so too, since with Wave 2 Amazon cancelled my Pit, Captain Falcon, and Mac preorders. Guess you can't trust anyone now. I'd advise anyone who preordered from GameStop to check the status of your preorders via online.

I guess I'll go out the morning of the 13th and see if I can grab anyone.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be checking with Gamestop constantly. I paid cash in store for him, I hope they don't cancel. It seems like online pre orders have the overall worst experience. Has anyone's in store pre orders been cancelled with any retailer?

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be checking with Gamestop constantly. I paid cash in store for him, I hope they don't cancel. It seems like online pre orders have the overall worst experience. Has anyone's in store pre orders been cancelled with any retailer?
Mine still seems fine. I'll keep checking though.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I swear to god if my amiibo orders are cancelled for :4sonic::4megaman::4myfriends:I will flip all the tables. They are already paid for in full too.

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen :4shulk: outside of the Nintendo Store?

Top Bottom