• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw it coming for many reasons, but especially with the Super Mario version to come. That one will be less detailed, and thus, easier to make.
It seems very disturbing to see an advertisement of the Rosalina amiibo, and yet you can't get it at all. What's the point of advertising something if it's not going to be restocked at all?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got an email that my TRU Lucario shipped earlier today.

One Pre-Order down, 3 more to go.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Coming Soon, in the States- the wait for Meta Knight insanity.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It seems very disturbing to see an advertisement of the Rosalina amiibo, and yet you can't get it at all. What's the point of advertising something if it's not going to be restocked at all?
To make it sells out quickly.

Then, they keep it there, so people are still drawn into the store and may possibly buy other things while they are there.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Just got an email that my TRU Lucario shipped earlier today.

One Pre-Order down, 3 more to go.
There is weirdness going on at TRU. My collecting buddy however has been having a rough time with them. Because he used Paypal, his original orders were cancelled, reinstated, cancelled again, and then he had to scramble to replace the orders using codes. He thought he only had one Lucario secured among a few others, but then got an e-mail yesterday stating they were delayed and would be auto-cancelled in 14 days. He just now received shipping confirmations for TWO Lucarios, Tink, Sheik, and Bowser, and he's pretty sure these were from the orders he'd had cancelled.

I've been relatively safe, having used credit cards. Just got the final confirmation on all the amiibos I should be expecting for now - two Lucarios, one each of Tink, Bowser, and Sheik.

I'm definitely going to wind up with extras of Wave 3 because I bought back-ups anticipating TRU cancellations. Whatever I don't give away to friends, we might give away during a Twitch stream.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To make it sells out quickly.

Then, they keep it there, so people are still drawn into the store and may possibly buy other things while they are there.
It still feels like a dirty move, knowing that no restocks are ever going to be planned. I still find it ironic that Rosalina is so rare, and yet amiibos like Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Peach, and Luigi are still a pretty common sight.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It still feels like a dirty move, knowing that no restocks are ever going to be planned. I still find it ironic that Rosalina is so rare, and yet amiibos like Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Peach, and Luigi are still a pretty common sight.
Where and when was it confirmed that Rosalina isn't getting restocked?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It was clear this would happen 12 days after the amiibo launch, when Villager, Marth, and WFT were, I'm convinced, officially cancelled.
Marth returns for Project Steam, but I'm convinced they were in fact discontinued.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Where and when was it confirmed that Rosalina isn't getting restocked?
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad mentioned it at the Rosalina sub-forum.

It was clear this would happen 12 days after the amiibo launch, when Villager, Marth, and WFT were, I'm convinced, officially cancelled.
Marth returns for Project Steam, but I'm convinced they were in fact discontinued.
At least I didn't really care about those three.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
When's Meta Knight & Lucario coming out because I got screwed at TRU & I want a second shot. Meta Knight I know was delayed. But idk when he's coming out. And I need Dedede. Everyone else is secured.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad mentioned it at the Rosalina sub-forum.
Just curious whether there's a source for this. I haven't seen it confirmed yet, not that I wouldn't believe it.

In other news, my buddy's now telling me a THIRD Lucario has just been shipped to him... this now accounts for his original cancelled order, the reinstated order that was also cancelled, and the final Lucario he ordered in a scramble to replace the first two. So... somehow his two cancelled orders were still valid and are being addressed?? Is anyone else seeing this insanity from Toys R Us?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just curious whether there's a source for this. I haven't seen it confirmed yet, not that I wouldn't believe it.

In other news, my buddy's now telling me a THIRD Lucario has just been shipped to him... this now accounts for his original cancelled order, the reinstated order that was also cancelled, and the final Lucario he ordered in a scramble to replace the first two. So... somehow his two cancelled orders were still valid and are being addressed?? Is anyone else seeing this insanity from Toys R Us?
http://thenintendohome.com/2015/02/01/target-exclusive-rosalina-amiibo-not-being-restocked/

Multiple Target employees have also verified this on /r/amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do you think it could be a timed exclusive, or is Smash Rosalina gone for good in the US?
I think it will be the latter. She will be replaced by SM Rosalina.

Consider the Smash version a limited edition.

Also, my Rosalina didn't arrive today...this is getting annoying...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There is weirdness going on at TRU. My collecting buddy however has been having a rough time with them. Because he used Paypal, his original orders were cancelled, reinstated, cancelled again, and then he had to scramble to replace the orders using codes. He thought he only had one Lucario secured among a few others, but then got an e-mail yesterday stating they were delayed and would be auto-cancelled in 14 days. He just now received shipping confirmations for TWO Lucarios, Tink, Sheik, and Bowser, and he's pretty sure these were from the orders he'd had cancelled.

I've been relatively safe, having used credit cards. Just got the final confirmation on all the amiibos I should be expecting for now - two Lucarios, one each of Tink, Bowser, and Sheik.

I'm definitely going to wind up with extras of Wave 3 because I bought back-ups anticipating TRU cancellations. Whatever I don't give away to friends, we might give away during a Twitch stream.
Just read that some people are getting both ships and cancellations. IDK what to think anymore beyond not having a cancellation notice yet and the TRU's management sucks.

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
So what are the chances of me getting a Shulk if I head to gamestop on the estimated release date at opening time as was so with Rosalina? I'm thinking I wanna get a Shulk if I can... I have NO preorders though so... What do you guys think? Is it possible? I live in the US (west coast) by the way.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So what are the chances of me getting a Shulk if I head to gamestop on the estimated release date at opening time as was so with Rosalina? I'm thinking I wanna get a Shulk if I can... I have NO preorders though so... What do you guys think? Is it possible? I live in the US (west coast) by the way.
I'd imagine it could be possible if you could find a small town/less popular Gamestop. Then again, that might have encouraged them to order less...

Worst case scenario, you could always import (or wait for a reprint, assuming Xenoblade 3DS/Xenoblade X is gonna have any amiibo functionality).

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Just read that some people are getting both ships and cancellations. IDK what to think anymore beyond not having a cancellation notice yet and the TRU's management sucks.
FOUR. He now has four Lucarios coming. There is no point at which he'd ever even ordered four. He's as baffled as I am as to where they're all coming from now.

At this point, if I were him I'd start worrying about the fact that a retailer is selling him items and taking his money without his consent. There are laws against that, but at least the items he's getting will be worth more than what he's paying for them very soon.

A Gamestop employee told me she thinks they're coming in around the same time as the Majora's Mask New 3DSs, which means 2/13. However, they aren't street-dated so they're likely to hit shelves a couple of days sooner. I'd call ahead soon and get confirmation from your local stores.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've got Captain Falcon coming soon! Can't wait. There was a pretty awesome review of him on Amazon.

"I purchased this as a form of home security. After a series of break ins in my neighborhood, I was forced to look into various forms of protection for my home, and I believe this one is the best. I placed Captain Falcon behind my front door, ever watchful, and ever vigilant. Last Friday, I came home to a five dead thieves in my front yard. The coroner stated that it was if they had all been beaten to death with a large, fiery, blunt object.

Note: I leveled him up on Smash Brothers first. A level 1 Captain Falcon may not actually detect danger"

I think I can sleep easier at night now, knowing Falcon is keeping watch. :p

D

Deleted member

It is possible, but it depends on the store. For example, the GameStop I ordered Shulk at only ordered three figures to cover the preorders, and nothing else.

LF2K

Floor Diver
A GameStop manager had told me before that some characters only get enough figures to cover pre-orders. He told me if you absolutely want a character, pre-order it.

D

Deleted member

A GameStop manager had told me before that some characters only get enough figures to cover pre-orders. He told me if you absolutely want a character, pre-order it.
It's so that they can hoard all the Shulks and later sell them as used for twice the price :troll:

D

Deleted member

Just like his game, unfortunately. :p
Exactly. I'm so glad that GameStop I bought it from sold it for $50. Sure that's expensive for a game they claim is used, but that was the initial price anyway, so it's not like I was overcharged for it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lol got another update over the backup Lucario (before my original order was reinstated) I ordered from TRU's Ebay store, shipped today as well.

Not sure what's going on but I'm having no problems with TRU itself.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
:rosalina: Galaxy is... really pissing me off .-.

Perfect timed rolls, perfect shields, and when I somehow do hit her.. I just hit the Luma. UGH.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Lol got another update over the backup Lucario (before my original order was reinstated) I ordered from TRU's Ebay store, shipped today as well.

Not sure what's going on but I'm having no problems with TRU itself.
TRU broke the street date & ran out of Lucarios immediately on the 23rd and 30th. They were really wishy washy about the whole thing too. They're not sure when he'll be restocked either. This whole store exclusive situation has been handled so poorly, it's ridiculous.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Id recommend making friendly with a gamestop employee, and getting word ahead of time as to when he may be coming in; they know ahead of time if they will have more than preodered amount, which seems to be very unlikely for certain figures.

I'd have a backup store as an option as well, with dates of their delivery during the estimated arrival dates (any shipment). Call morning of, first thing, and ask them to hold it while you immediately drive there.

This is the only way I got my american Pit- my store held it that day through 31 other people calling and asking for it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Id recommend making friendly with a gamestop employee, and getting word ahead of time as to when he may be coming in; they know ahead of time if they will have more than preodered amount, which seems to be very unlikely for certain figures.

I'd have a backup store as an option as well, with dates of their delivery during the estimated arrival dates (any shipment). Call morning of, first thing, and ask them to hold it while you immediately drive there.

This is the only way I got my american Pit- my store held it that day through 31 other people calling and asking for it.
Duke has the right idea. This is the only reason I have Pit today.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well...
I have...an update to my Rosalina situation...it's...er...um...

Just take a look. I contacted the website earlier and I got a...response?...err...

Here's what I sent...

Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 5.27.11 PM.png

...What...I...um...got back...

*Slams head against wall*

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I thought Nintendo would have learned its lesson for short changing figure numbers. But sounds like most of wave 3 is going to be that way. One shipment then done. Guess Nintendo would rather the scalpers make all the money.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I thought Nintendo would have learned its lesson for short changing figure numbers. But sounds like most of wave 3 is going to be that way. One shipment then done. Guess Nintendo would rather the scalpers make all the money.
It's beyond the level of frustration. Only die-hard collectors are still into Amiibo at this point. The casual consumer by this point has no idea that they exist, and if they do, they're not sure what their purpose is or why people fistfight over them. Nintendo has not only shortchanged the world market, but they've failed at building an exciting product line in stores, due to the fact that 75% of the Amiibo they make are so limited that casual shoppers never even see them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:rosalina: Galaxy is... really pissing me off .-.

Perfect timed rolls, perfect shields, and when I somehow do hit her.. I just hit the Luma. UGH.
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku brought up that her Rosalina amiibo was underwhelming, even at level 50.

Shirma Akayaku said:

Unfortunately, Rosa Luma has failed. She wasn't even able to take a single stock of mine, even though she reached level 50 in less than 2 hours. However, she did learn to use items early on, and even after all this time she still knows. She also knows how to swim at a late level, even though she was afraid at first. She learned well, but I know she can do better.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I really hate the automatic stat boosts amiibos get, it makes them overpowered monsters that win most fighst even though we have the same tech level (to be expected since they learned from me mostly).

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I really hate the automatic stat boosts amiibos get, it makes them overpowered monsters that win most fighst even though we have the same tech level (to be expected since they learned from me mostly).
They get automatic boosts? I've never seen my amiibo get any...

Also, with what @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy posted earlier with what I said still holds up. She's really underwhelming and she LOST to my brother's Link amiibo which was around Lv. 30.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They're not completely unstoppable though, since a level 9 CPU can potentially clobber a level 50 amiibo. Sure, a level 50 amiibo may have improved reflexes, but so does a level 9 CPU.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
They're not completely unstoppable though, since a level 9 CPU can potentially clobber a level 50 amiibo. Sure, a level 50 amiibo may have improved reflexes, but so does a level 9 CPU.
I don't mind the reflexes, but my amiibos can rack up damage so fast because they get boosted attack power even if I don't feed them. Makes it hard to fight as I can combo it to a set amount of damage but then it huts me once or twice and I'm about to get KOed (slight exaggeration but you get the point)

Top Bottom