• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Rosalina pre-orders are not coming back to Target.

Their Twitter account said so at first, but they were then corrected by the PR team.
Seriously? What is this World Coming to? Dammit again, I can only hope it won't be so rare after launch.... probably will be though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you want to be extra safe, a number of European and Japanese sites still have Rosalina in stock.

I myself have her pre-ordered on Amazon Germany, since early December. I was considering cancelling the pre order and just picking her up from the local toy store in order to save €7, but seeing all of the horror stories from Americans regarding her, as well as the eBay prices for her, are leaving me paranoid, so I'be kept the pre order so far. There's also the fact Little Mac seemingly has not showed up in Ireland at all, and I don't want to risk that happening to Rosalina.

Levy22

Smash Cadet
So, what European/Japanese website you guys recommend I should pre-order Rosalina? Checked some but none of those have it available.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'm going to be gutsy and wait until the day of until the store exclusives are released. I have Shulk locked up though. I feel I can find Bowser and Dedede pretty easily. I have everyone else pre-ordered :) It's gonna be tough getting Lucario, Rosalina, and Meta Knight though.

Btw the 6th Amiibo Cup will very likely take place January 9th. :)

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Have: :4peach::4peach:(Attempt @ Custom Pink Gold):4peach:(Will be Second attempt @ Custom Pink Gold):4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4samus::4pit::4pikachu::4marth::4marth:(Trading my second marth for one of those retailer exclusive ones):4mario::4luigi::4link::4littlemac::4kirby::4fox::4dk::4diddy::4falcon:

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
I wana know what are other peoples strategic builds and explain them. For me i have a samus moves:1111 stats:at40 def70 spd10 abilities:ezplosive perfect shield, easy perfect shield, recovery shield. The idea behind this build is that shielding is the easiest thing to teach your amiibo to do and thus the easiest bonus to exploit. The high defense combined with a health recovering shield allows samus a long match with a medium attack output that is still pretty devastating when shield exploding that is aided by the easy perfect shield. Every perfect shield deals heavy damage and heals at the same time. Amiibos read very well so this happens QUITE a bit. Even if its a regular shield it still heals. Only gave 10 in speed as i feel speed is not that useful when going against a second amiibo. Samus can almost always recover without the speed bonus for higher jumps but the extra 10 gives it juuuust enough to reduce gimp risk.

My other amiibo is pikachu moves: 1111 stats:at45 def75 spd0 abilities: gradual healing, health recovery shield, trade off ability (starts stock at 60% gradually increases At, def, spd)! So this is a healing raging amiibo! Since the downfall of the trade off is 60% it only makes sense to build it defensively and wait for attack and speed to catch up later. And what better way to further compliment that stall than two ways to heal that doesnt require much AI training. Speed is DEFINATELY not needed here as it wont take long to gain enough speed to be helpful before it becomes less useful. In fact i may consider goin into the negative a bit to commit more to attack and defense. If this amiibo is not taken out quick its buff and healing will take over allowing for kittle opportunity to KO. Since most amiibos in my experience arent too aggressive (they usually just read well) they usually dont take out my pikachu before it rages too hard to KO. This is an EXCELLENT cheap build. What do you think and what are any of yours

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I think this is going to be the final Bowser Amiibo (or at least a different angle of it). If so, I actually think it's an improvement from what we have been shown before:

Also what seems to be the final Ike too. A little different from previous promotional images:

Isn't that Bowser just the same, but turned to a more aesthetically pleasing angle?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Isn't that Bowser just the same, but turned to a more aesthetically pleasing angle?
It has some subtle differences. Most noticeable is the smoother belly. And while I can't tell from my phone, people on the Amiibo subreddit say he has better textures than before.

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896
The Bowser Amiibo looks good. Anyone think he'll be a rare one?

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I highly doubt it. He's Mario's main antagonist who more people know of than not, so I'd say he'll be pretty common.

My guesses for the rares in this wave are Ike, Dedede, (probably) Mega Man, and (maybe) Sheik. And then of course the retailer exclusives.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He'll be common. And yeah, he looks cool.

The only Mario characters that are at any risk of being rare are Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Dr. Mario.

Rosalina is definitely gonna sell out almost immediately, at least in the US. And that's me assuming her stock is high.

Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario might get by on the grounds that they share a likeness to another, more well known character in both appearances and name.

I highly doubt it. He's Mario's main antagonist who more people know of than not, so I'd say he'll be pretty common.

My guesses for the rares in this wave are Ike, Dedede, (probably) Mega Man, and (maybe) Sheik. And then of course the retailer exclusives.
Ike, Dedede, and Sonic are the only non-retailer exclusives we have any reason to believe are going to be rare based on official sources. The rest will be uncommon at worst.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Rosalina is definitely gonna sell out almost immediately, at least in the US. And that's me assuming her stock is high.
Rosalina, Meta Knight, and Lucario are the only ones I don't have pre-orders for. I feel like I'm screwed on those. :(

I was actually more concerned about getting Meta Knight, because it seems like Best Buy's distribution is whack based on their Wave 2 release dates.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I thought I had a Pikachu Amiibo, but when I went to scan it, the data on it was corrupted. I have to wait a while to get a replacement because the person who got it for me, my mother, doesn't live with me anymore let alone in the same county. And yes, I tried everything I could to fix it, but nothing worked.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I thought I had a Pikachu Amiibo, but when I went to scan it, the data on it was corrupted. I have to wait a while to get a replacement because the person who got it for me, my mother, doesn't live with me anymore let alone in the same county. And yes, I tried everything I could to fix it, but nothing worked.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does it say something like 'do you want to restore your previous Amiibo save?' on the Smash Wii U Amiibo screen? You may have just taken the Amiibo off the NFC pad too early. I had that happen to my Link once. Said it was corrupted. Tapped it on there again, all fixed. If it doesn't work after that, then I can't help you :(
I hope this helps though.

PF9

Smash Lord
Does it say something like 'do you want to restore your previous Amiibo save?' on the Smash Wii U Amiibo screen? You may have just taken the Amiibo off the NFC pad too early. I had that happen to my Link once. Said it was corrupted. Tapped it on there again, all fixed. If it doesn't work after that, then I can't help you :(
I hope this helps though.
Got it fixed thanks

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Soo I bought myself
:4samus:
to start, preordered it with smash. Was tempted to preorder :4villager: too, but decided to hold off (:cry:)

My brother got me
:4dk:
for Christmas.

I got an Amazon gift card, and happened to spot :4falcon:online during one of his restocks, so I figured I'd grab him. Picked up :4diddy:
too. Then I start stalking the amiibo subreddit, trying to catch any restocks, just in case. It was at this point that my problem started.

I find a 20$ (free shipping) :4wiifit:on ebay, so I snag it, and I catch a TRU restock on :4pit:as well as an amazon restock on
:4littlemac:I've now fully realized I have a problem, but it's too late, I'm in full swing.

I manage to snag 17$ pre-orders for :4lucario:, :rosalina:, :4metaknight:, and :4shulk: from BigBadToyStore, and catch both :4fox: and :4marth: on AmiAmi for 10$ each with 8$ shipping total. I pick up :4yoshi: from gamestop just because. I have in store pickup orders down for :4bowser:, :4dedede:, :4myfriends:, :4megaman:, and :4sheik:

At this point the only rare one I'm missing is :4villager:, and I'm not giving into the scalpers, but I gotta say patience is hard. These things are like drugs @.@ I'll probably slowly pick up the common ones that I'm missing, :4kirby:, :4link:, :4luigi:, :4mario:, :4peach:, :4pikachu:, :4sonic:, :4tlink:, :4zelda:, but that's like 100$ right there D:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So far, I only have Samus and Yoshi.

I'm definitely planning on getting the Bowser, Charizard, and Robin amiibos whenever I can, because those are my most used characters.

I'm wondering if Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. will even get their own amiibos, if Nintendo really does go through with their plans of releasing future amiibos as cards (and possibly rerelease the discontinued ones in that particular format).

PF9

Smash Lord
So, I just played a match involving my Pikachu Amiibo for the first time. I named it The Brain (can anyone guess that reference), and I had it team up with me, also as Pikachu, against two CPU controlled Pikachu on level 5 on Final Destination. The Brain gained 12 levels, 10 during battle and 2 after the battle.

I hope to get a Rosalina and Luma Amiibo for sure, I'm going to name it Elsa after the character from Frozen since she and Rosalina look very much alike.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Im prolly gonna import Rosalina, any suggestions for what site to use? s:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I currently have the :4kirby:,:4zelda:,:4yoshi:,:4diddy:,:4pikachu:,:4mario:,:4dk:,:4fox:, and :4link: amiibo.
I tried to find amiibos like :4littlemac: and:4falcon: but I swear I can't find any around here. Planning to get other amiibos like:4myfriends: or just any new amiibos I find at this point.

My Lvl. 50 Kirby is literally a monster and dodges nearly all of my attacks though he does way too much fairs though.

Levy22

Smash Cadet
I didn't find any in Europe with it available, so the solution is to import from Japan.
They have it on Solaris Japan (already bought stuff from them and everything went fine) and on Image Anime, which I just found out about, and it's cheaper there.

:4link:s:
http://www.imageanime.com/rochamp.html
http://solarisjapan.com/collections...-super-smash-bros-series-figure-rosetta-chiko

You can always subscribe for alerts for when it becomes available on Amazon Germany/UK/Japan, etc, but I wouldn't risk it.
Hope it helped, it was a better option for me than Target, honestly.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
preodered :4bowser:"king koopa"
and :4sonic: "blue blur"
will hopefully preorder in store :4dedede: "big bird"
and:4megaman: "rockman"
going to tru on 15th to hopeful find a:4pit: for my collection an the biggest pain in the butt for me is:4littlemac: i still cant find him
going to tr and bb to hopefully get :4metaknight::4lucario:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is making me want to pick up Bowser.

I told myself I wouldn't get more than 10, and I already planned out exactly which ones.
:4mario::4link::4pikachu::4kirby::4ness::4gaw::4rob::4shulk::4duckhunt::4greninja:

Nintendo why must you do this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I decided to go to Gamestop to grab myself a :4dk: because I didn't get one at Christmas, but lo and behold, they actually had 2 :4falcon: in stock, just got in. I couldn't resist getting one. Though interestingly they had no :4dk:. But the Walmart next to it did.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't find any in Europe with it available, so the solution is to import from Japan.
They have it on Solaris Japan (already bought stuff from them and everything went fine) and on Image Anime, which I just found out about, and it's cheaper there.

:4link:s:
http://www.imageanime.com/rochamp.html
http://solarisjapan.com/collections...-super-smash-bros-series-figure-rosetta-chiko

You can always subscribe for alerts for when it becomes available on Amazon Germany/UK/Japan, etc, but I wouldn't risk it.
Hope it helped, it was a better option for me than Target, honestly.
Amazon Italy still has her. Don't dilly dally.

http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B00Q6A...l=1&dpID=51up9eNpAmL&ref=plSrch&pi=SY200_QL40

------------

Also this may interest people in general:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2rrxpw/toys_r_us_event_next_week_for_falcon_and_pit/

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
This is kind of stupid to ask but I have :4megaman: :4shulk: :4myfriends: pre-ordered at my local gamestop with a $5 claim on each one. Does that mean I have a discount on it at all or do I have to pay the full price $12.99 price. I've never pre-ordered something in person before.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My bets for Amiibo rarity of Wave 3 (along with the retailer exclusives:
:4myfriends:, :4megaman:, :4sheik:, and :4sonic:

As for future waves, I think that :4palutena:, :4pacman:, :4robinm:, and the hidden's might be rare.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
This is kind of stupid to ask but I have :4megaman: :4shulk: :4myfriends: pre-ordered at my local gamestop with a $5 claim on each one. Does that mean I have a discount on it at all or do I have to pay the full price $12.99 price. I've never pre-ordered something in person before.
You still have to pay the $12.99 price. The $5 is just for them to hold onto it for you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You don't get a discount, you pay off the remainder.

If you place a pre-order for $5 And the Amiibo costs $12.99, you pay $7.99 at anytime between now and release. If you don't pay it off by release, they will hold onto your order for another 48 hours. If you still haven't paid after that point, they cancel your pre-order and keep your deposit.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
You don't get a discount, you pay off the remainder.

If you place a pre-order for $5 And the Amiibo costs $12.99, you pay $7.99 at anytime between now and release. If you don't pay it off by release, they will hold onto your order for another 48 hours. If you still haven't paid after that point, they cancel your pre-order and keep your deposit.
So I pay $7.99 for the ones I listed above. "YES" :4falcon:

16BitGeek

Smash Rookie
NNID
16BitGeek
As of now I have three Amiibo, :4fox::4samus::4falcon:

I got Fox the day Smash came out at Toys R Us. I went in hoping to get Marth but they were all gone. They may not have had Marth but there was one Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Little did I know that both of those would become extremely rare and I didn't even consider buying them...it still haunts me to this day.

After seeing Wave 1 and how these things actually became rare and hard to find, I was determined to get Captain Falcon as I knew he would definitely be hard to find. At the time, I had a seasonal job at a Target store. I just got off my final break and had an hour before I got off. As I was walking to the backroom, I passed by the electronics section and what do I see with my eyes. Four Captain Falcon Amiibo. I was losing it inside, I nearly grabbed one right there but then remember that I was working lol. So for the next hour, while pushing stock out onto the floor, the only thing that was going through my mind was if at least one of those beautiful Falcons would still be there for me to buy after I finished. An hour passes, I clock out, grab all my stuff from my locker, and rush towards electronics and managed to snag a Captain Falcon. Seeing that there were only 4 Falcons and a whopping 24 Luigi Amiibo, it was easy to see that Falcon was gonna be a rare one and I was extremely happy to get my hands on one.

As for Samus, I decided to pick one up from a Toys R Us as I was seeing rumors saying that Samus and Fox were getting discontinued or something along those lines. I personally think Samus is the best looking Amiibo so far and I was planning on getting one for the longest time.

The other Amiibo I eventually plan on getting are: :4diddy::4yoshi::4peach::4sheik::4dk::4bowser:

I definitely feel like :4sheik::4myfriends::4sonic::4megaman: are all gonna be rare along with the store exclusive :4metaknight::rosalina::4lucario::4shulk:. Can't wait to go hunting for these things again...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just noticed prices for Marth/WFT have gone down on Amazon from Japanese sellers. Including shipping, I hopefully just got Marth for $30, and I see WFT is just under $25.

Definitely better than ebay right now.

16BitGeek

Smash Rookie
NNID
16BitGeek
Just noticed prices for Marth/WFT have gone down on Amazon from Japanese sellers. Including shipping, I hopefully just got Marth for $30, and I see WFT is just under $25.

Definitely better than ebay right now.
I actually was just looking on Ebay and saw a seller who had a few Japanese Marth for about $30, that includes shipping as well. It seems like the only way I'm gonna be able to get this Marth for a reasonable price is by getting that import.

Top Bottom