• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Nice buys, guys! ^^

I know there was a short mention of more amiibo 'collections', I think I may have found a hint for the next one.

It's just ONE hint, but it kinda makes sense. At the http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/what-is-amiibo/ page, (and other Nintendo sites, but mainly this is for the US amiibo fans), you see another Mario amiibo, one with a red stand. This gives a hint for a Mario Kart 8 amiibo collection, since the base's middle is white, checkered grey, indicating a Finishing FLag, what they use in racing, AKA Mario Kart 8! However, this is just a thing I THINK, there's no corfirmation. Mario Kart 8 has amiibo support, so why not? It doesn't make sense for non-Mario characters, though... Unless they'll be DLC, like Link and Villager!
I think only games that save data to the amiibo get their own series, that Mario amiibo we see everywhere is just for promotional purposes I reckon x:

Also I'll show my names for my amiibo, or explain the reasoning behind them I guess:

:4yoshi: (Cyan) Lord Dream, Yoshi is probably my favorite character and, well, I'm Dreamy Luigi, and Lord Dream fits Yoshi tbh.

:4link: (Purple) Ravio, named after the purple rabbit looking dude in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

:4mario: (Fire Mario) Firelord M, "Firelord" is the leader of the fire nation in the Avatar/Legend of Korra franchise, which I love.

:4kirby: (Yellow) Kurvy, because I couldn't think of anything really.

:4falcon: (Gold suit?) Cpt Norris because... he's Chuck Norris xD

:4luigi: (Fire Luigi) Dreamy L, should be obvious :p.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm just trying to mull over what "patterns" that AMA referred to, which might help determine who's next. Feel free to participate.

Here's the Waves for those who want to try come up with something:

I'm gonna go with series representation first:

Wave 1: 2 Mario reps, 1 Zelda rep, 1 DK rep, 1 FE rep, 1 Kirby rep, 1 Metroid rep, 1 Pokémon rep, 1 Star Fox rep, 3 "lone" reps (Yoshi, Villager, WFT)

Wave 2: 1 Mario rep, 1 DK rep, 1 Zelda rep, 1 Kid Icarus rep, 2 "lone" reps

Wave 3: 2 Mario reps, 2 Zelda reps, 1 Pokémon rep, 1 FE rep (also, 2 Amiibos are store exclusives)

Wave 4: 2 Kirby reps, 3 "lone" reps (also, 2 Amiibos are store exclusives)

Things to note:

-Pokémon has had a new character every second Wave so far. It has 3 characters left, not counting Mewtwo. If this was an intentional pattern, we can then assume at least 9 Waves in total will happen for Smash Amiibos, with a new Pokémon character on all odd numbered Waves (1, 3, 5, 7, 9). If Mewtwo is to get an Amiibo too, then the number of total waves we can speculate from this pattern moves up to 11 waves.

-Mario has had 2 reps added first, then 1, then 2 again. Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario are the only ones left. Wave 4 has no Mario characters though. So maybe the one after could add 2 again to make up for missing out in Wave 4?

-Store exclusive characters (which only apply to US customers so far) are all characters that, ironically, have a lot of popularity in Japan. With the exception of Shulk, they all sort of blur the line between a B tier and an A tier character in terms of general popularity. All of them seem to have specific popularity within the context of the Smash fandom too (Meta Knight for being OP in Brawl, Lucario is just a popular choice since he fits the atmosphere of a typical fighting game so well, Shulk probably for the memes more than anything, and Rosalina for being a rising star in competitive Smash and for being the most well received Nintendo newcomer in Smash 4).

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I guess I'll give a brief description of my Amiibo collection. Order from oldest to newest.

:4mario: 'Murica - The oldest of the bunch and one of the strongest too. I got him November 22nd along with my Wii U and Smash. As a Mario main myself (I tri main between :4falcon: :4duckhunt: and :4mario:) I'm very impressed of how he's come along. He's the only Amiibo so far to win 2 Amiibo Cups (S2 and S4). He's probably my favorite Amiibo to do ditto matches against. Some of the things we attempt on each other is crazy.

:4dk: Danky Dong - A heavy weight indeed. Danky Dong is one tough customer out there. No matter how many hits he takes, he answers back just as hard. He may be near the bottom in the Amiibo Cup, but he has shown flashes of brilliance by beating 'Murica and Lonk a few times during the season. Danky Dong looks to make his first Amiibo Cup Playoff appearance soon.

:4link: Lonk - He came along a few hours after 'Murica came. He and Danky Dong were bought together and raised together. So they've faced off numerous times outside the Amiibo Cup. Lonk won the very first Amiibo Cup. (Back when it was just 'Murica, Lonk, and Danky Dong) But has yet to make an Amiibo Cup Playoff appearance. (S1 had no playoffs because there was only 3 figures) Lonk looks to make his first playoff appearance soon.

:4samus: Iron Woman - She came in a 6 Amiibo bundle that had Rainbow, Kirbycide, ShineSpike, HM Slave, and Petch with her. Much like Danky Dong, Iron Woman has shown flashes of brilliance, even though she's had a rough time in the Amiibo Cup. With back-to-back winless seasons for her, Iron Woman looks to turn it around soon and become a contender in the Amiibo Cup.

:4yoshi: Rainbow - Danky Dong, Iron Woman, and Rainbow seem to be the only ones that are lagging back from the rest of the bunch. But Rainbow has shown some solid performances, despite going 3-8-1 the previous season. He went to Sudden Death win HM Slave and took down The Champ. Rainbow looks to slowly climb up the ranks in future seasons.

:4kirby: Kirbycide - A big contender season in and season out for this tough guy. He's been to the Amiibo Cup Finals 2 seasons in a row now. Kirbycide is the defending champion of the Amiibo Cup right now. (Won S5) He looks to make a repeat run the next season and continue his consistent Amiibo Cup Finals appearances.

:4fox: ShineSpike - A consistent contender season in and season out. He may not make the playoffs each season, but he never has too many major collapses when he's on the battle field. If you're going to beat him, you're gonna have to beat him fair and square and hope you don't make a mistake. This guy will punish you on your mistakes each time. He's a great guy to learn off of though. That's how I picked up Fox lol

:4pikachu: HM Slave - An illusive fighter on the battle field. Everyone seems to have trouble putting a hit on him. You're going to have to outsmart him if you're going to beat him. HM Slave is trying to make his way back to the top. He came oh so close to winning the Amiibo Cup in S3. Losing in Game 3 to Petch to decide the Amiibo Cup. Ever since then HM Slave has had an uphill battle in getting back to that stage. Much like ShineSpike, HM Slave is consistent. He is also a reliable partner in teams. He and Kirbycide together make one really tough team.

:4peach: Petch - The winner of the Amiibo Cup S3 is a consistent playoff contender season in and season out. She's made the Amiibo Cup Finals twice (S2 & S3) and has made the playoffs almost every season she's been in. She's a solid contender and a tough girl to take down. She looks to win her 2nd Amiibo Cup soon.

:4luigi: Weegee - He, Dinky Dong, and Majestic were bought together and trained together. Weegee has made back to back playoff appearances in his only 2 seasons he's been in the Amiibo Cup. He came so close to winning the Amiibo Cup last season and looks for redemption next season. He's a tricky guy to beat and has a bunch of combos to beat you with. He's the lean, mean, green machine.

:4zelda: Majestic - She continues to improve each season along with Dinky Dong. She gives some of the top contenders quite a bit of trouble. She beat Petch and Kirbycide in matches last season. She looks to make her first Amiibo Cup playoff appearance soon. Majestic has nothing but improvements ahead of her next season.

:4diddy: Dinky Dong - The upset maker. He and The Champ are beating some of the best Amiibo Cup contenders. Dinky Dong looks like a favorite to win the Amiibo Cup next season. He took down the defending champion 'Murica in a tiebreaker fight Let's see if he can make it happen next season.

:4littlemac: The Champ - With only one season under his belt, The Champ has already proven that he is a contender for the Amiibo Cup. The Champion may also be a big favorite for the Amiibo Cup next season. 'Show 'em what you got Mac baby!'

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alright here's the current status:

:4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4mario::4dk::4zelda:

Pre-ordered: :4bowser:

Being bought for birthday presents: :4diddy::4littlemac::4villager:(SCORE)

Between me, my sister and my friend we should have all of em.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I just got Peach Mario Zelda Donkey Kong Luigi and Yoshi. When I get on my computer I will make a nicer formatted post with all my Amiibo names. Peach must have her name fixed back to Toadstool.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I honestly don't see any patterns to how they are releasing the Amiibos, other than the Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon characters seem pretty well spaced out. Also, none of the unlockable characters have been released yet.

Starting characters yet to be released:

Zero Suit Samus
Charizard
Olimar
Greninja
Palutena
Robin
Pac-Man

These will probably comprise wave 4. Wave 5 and beyond will most likely start releasing the unlockable characters:

Ness
Falco
Wario
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Ganondorf
ROB
Bowser Jr.
Mr. Game & Watch
Duck Hunt
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

I feel like the unlockable characters are numerous enough to be broken up into two waves. It looks like "wave 3" is likely to be split up as it is...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The Skull Kid figure doesn't seem to have Amiibo functionality, but it is done in a very similar style. So...

DAWN OF THE LAST DAY
24 HOURS REMAIN

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...da-majoras-mask-limited-edition-bundle/119692

You have to order it in-store from the warehouse. Go today or tomorrow if you want this, because it will be gone. It is already gone from Amazon. This is probably your only chance, so get going to Gamestop!

edit @The Derrit Maybe you could let the good people know with a front page post? This bundle is likely to sell out in America by 11am or 12pm tomorrow, and Amazon is already sold out. There's also a $90 bundle that comes with a hard cover strategy guide, which is pretty indispensable for Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Going to have the second Amiibo Dream Smash (I'm still working on a catchy name, heh :p ) tourney tonight, I've had my amiibo fight each other for an hour or two to see if they can evolve off each other the last few days. Since I have 6 amiibo making a bracket will be difficult, but since :4luigi: Dreamy L and :4kirby: Kurvy were in the finals for the first Amiibo Dream Smash, they'll be seeded into the semi finals automatically.

So: http://prntscr.com/5pdlal

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Going to have the second Amiibo Dream Smash (I'm still working on a catchy name, heh :p ) tourney tonight, I've had my amiibo fight each other for an hour or two to see if they can evolve off each other the last few days. Since I have 6 amiibo making a bracket will be difficult, but since :4luigi: Dreamy L and :4kirby: Kurvy were in the finals for the first Amiibo Dream Smash, they'll be seeded into the semi finals automatically.

So: http://prntscr.com/5pdlal
My money is on :4luigi: lol

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Preordered :4megaman: today and will probably get :4sonic: too, don't want them to be released without me! Something tells me Bowser will be very common in stores when he comes out and I doubt he'll be out of order considering how famous he is, so I didn't get him. Been having a lot of trouble hunting :4pit: lately and could never ever find a single one, nobody in my area seems to have him... at all. I can find Luigi practically anywhere I go and Zelda & Diddy ain't so hard for me to find, but stores near me seem really short on the other Wave 2 amiibos. I'd be happy to order one online to get it over with so I can quit looking, but alas my mom doesn't wanna pay 35$ for it...

Anyone else have trouble finding Pit or Falcon?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I haven't updated here in forever.

I have no new amiibos, but a bunch of good news.

I'm getting a villager soon! Someone near where I live imported two and I'll be able to buy one off of him. Someone else is going to be shipping me a fox, and by next month I might be able to get lucario at launch.

for preorders, I currently have dedede, toon link and mega man

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Preordered :4megaman: today and will probably get :4sonic: too, don't want them to be released without me! Something tells me Bowser will be very common in stores when he comes out and I doubt he'll be out of order considering how famous he is, so I didn't get him. Been having a lot of trouble hunting :4pit: lately and could never ever find a single one, nobody in my area seems to have him... at all. I can find Luigi practically anywhere I go and Zelda & Diddy ain't so hard for me to find, but stores near me seem really short on the other Wave 2 amiibos. I'd be happy to order one online to get it over with so I can quit looking, but alas my mom doesn't wanna pay 35$ for it...

Anyone else have trouble finding Pit or Falcon?
You're far from the only one. Falcon, Pit, and Mac are incredibly hard to come by right now.

I also have a hunch Bowser will be common, which is cool, since I think his Amiibo looks great.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
This is the order I got them in and their names you'll see most of my references are basically 80s-90s:

:4kirby: GF Killa: I picked the purple one, looks ghost like so I named him after GhostFace Killa of Wu Tang
:4pikachu:Pika: I picked the rising sun one because my son likes the Ash's hat version, it's what Pikachu says all show long
:4link:Link: My son the older of the 2 insisted I name him Link, I gave him the red costume because my son uses the green
:4littlemac:The Mack: Recently decided to change this one's name, it was Mac Daddy but The Mack is cooler. He rocks the striped tights.
:4samus: Samus I AM: Named after the Green Eggs and Ham and of course is the green armed costume
:4fox:Gray Fox: Was going to name him Frank Jaeger and still may same guy from Metal Gear, gray color fox of course
:4diddy:P Diddy: Kind of obvious what I did there. Randomly picked green shirt Diddy I liked it.
:4dk:Blizzard: Chose the white DK and named him after a Primal Rage character which was a gorilla also.
:4yoshi:Denver: He's the last dinosaur, he's my friend and a whole lot more! Default color since Denver was green
:4zelda:WutzerName: Double meaning: Many people myself included thought Link was Zelda so who the heck is the sleeping girl? Also a tribute to Princess What's Her Name from Eartworm Jim. Picked a random color.
:4peach:Toadstool: I never owned a 64 so when I saw her name changed to Peach many years down the line I said who? Picked the white and red one.
:4luigi:DannyWells: Super Mario Brothers Super Show! Chose fireball edition to keep it alternate but classic.
:4mario:CaptainLou: Super Mario Brothers Super Show! Chose fireball edition to keep it alternate but classic.

Last edited:

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
So does anyone have a clue when wave 4 preorders are up for USA? I missed the wave three preorders and I really wanted Rosalina and Shulk.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll give a brief description of my Amiibo collection. Order from oldest to newest.

:4mario: 'Murica - The oldest of the bunch and one of the strongest too. I got him November 22nd along with my Wii U and Smash. As a Mario main myself (I tri main between :4falcon: :4duckhunt: and :4mario:) I'm very impressed of how he's come along. He's the only Amiibo so far to win 2 Amiibo Cups (S2 and S4). He's probably my favorite Amiibo to do ditto matches against. Some of the things we attempt on each other is crazy.

:4dk: Danky Dong - A heavy weight indeed. Danky Dong is one tough customer out there. No matter how many hits he takes, he answers back just as hard. He may be near the bottom in the Amiibo Cup, but he has shown flashes of brilliance by beating 'Murica and Lonk a few times during the season. Danky Dong looks to make his first Amiibo Cup Playoff appearance soon.

:4link: Lonk - He came along a few hours after 'Murica came. He and Danky Dong were bought together and raised together. So they've faced off numerous times outside the Amiibo Cup. Lonk won the very first Amiibo Cup. (Back when it was just 'Murica, Lonk, and Danky Dong) But has yet to make an Amiibo Cup Playoff appearance. (S1 had no playoffs because there was only 3 figures) Lonk looks to make his first playoff appearance soon.

:4samus: Iron Woman - She came in a 6 Amiibo bundle that had Rainbow, Kirbycide, ShineSpike, HM Slave, and Petch with her. Much like Danky Dong, Iron Woman has shown flashes of brilliance, even though she's had a rough time in the Amiibo Cup. With back-to-back winless seasons for her, Iron Woman looks to turn it around soon and become a contender in the Amiibo Cup.

:4yoshi: Rainbow - Danky Dong, Iron Woman, and Rainbow seem to be the only ones that are lagging back from the rest of the bunch. But Rainbow has shown some solid performances, despite going 3-8-1 the previous season. He went to Sudden Death win HM Slave and took down The Champ. Rainbow looks to slowly climb up the ranks in future seasons.

:4kirby: Kirbycide - A big contender season in and season out for this tough guy. He's been to the Amiibo Cup Finals 2 seasons in a row now. Kirbycide is the defending champion of the Amiibo Cup right now. (Won S5) He looks to make a repeat run the next season and continue his consistent Amiibo Cup Finals appearances.

:4fox: ShineSpike - A consistent contender season in and season out. He may not make the playoffs each season, but he never has too many major collapses when he's on the battle field. If you're going to beat him, you're gonna have to beat him fair and square and hope you don't make a mistake. This guy will punish you on your mistakes each time. He's a great guy to learn off of though. That's how I picked up Fox lol

:4pikachu: HM Slave - An illusive fighter on the battle field. Everyone seems to have trouble putting a hit on him. You're going to have to outsmart him if you're going to beat him. HM Slave is trying to make his way back to the top. He came oh so close to winning the Amiibo Cup in S3. Losing in Game 3 to Petch to decide the Amiibo Cup. Ever since then HM Slave has had an uphill battle in getting back to that stage. Much like ShineSpike, HM Slave is consistent. He is also a reliable partner in teams. He and Kirbycide together make one really tough team.

:4peach: Petch - The winner of the Amiibo Cup S3 is a consistent playoff contender season in and season out. She's made the Amiibo Cup Finals twice (S2 & S3) and has made the playoffs almost every season she's been in. She's a solid contender and a tough girl to take down. She looks to win her 2nd Amiibo Cup soon.

:4luigi: Weegee - He, Dinky Dong, and Majestic were bought together and trained together. Weegee has made back to back playoff appearances in his only 2 seasons he's been in the Amiibo Cup. He came so close to winning the Amiibo Cup last season and looks for redemption next season. He's a tricky guy to beat and has a bunch of combos to beat you with. He's the lean, mean, green machine.

:4zelda: Majestic - She continues to improve each season along with Dinky Dong. She gives some of the top contenders quite a bit of trouble. She beat Petch and Kirbycide in matches last season. She looks to make her first Amiibo Cup playoff appearance soon. Majestic has nothing but improvements ahead of her next season.

:4diddy: Dinky Dong - The upset maker. He and The Champ are beating some of the best Amiibo Cup contenders. Dinky Dong looks like a favorite to win the Amiibo Cup next season. He took down the defending champion 'Murica in a tiebreaker fight Let's see if he can make it happen next season.

:4littlemac: The Champ - With only one season under his belt, The Champ has already proven that he is a contender for the Amiibo Cup. The Champion may also be a big favorite for the Amiibo Cup next season. 'Show 'em what you got Mac baby!'

You've inspired me to have my own home Amiibo federation. I may go with one champ and beat the champ you are the champ until someone beats you. Pika is amazingly good and I could easily see him being the one that is first champ and has a long title reign.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
My Amiibo Dream Smash didn't happen, got busy with some other things, I think I'll do it tomorrow.

(Amiibo Dream Cup sounds like a nice name o: )

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got the Club Nintendo Amiibo Survey.

And man did I have a LOT to say. Also threw in mentions of the GC Adaptor and what happened earlier today with Majora's Mask Limited Edition.

I don't like to rant, but man did it feel good to get it off my chest. Hopefully so long as people don't get too rude, we'll see something positive come from this survey.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

And man did I have a LOT to say. Also threw in mentions of the GC Adaptor and what happened earlier today with Majora's Mask Limited Edition.

I don't like to rant, but man did it feel good to get it off my chest. Hopefully so long as people don't get too rude, we'll see something positive come from this survey.
I'm glad, Wiley. I hope they listen to people like you.

I'd like to be able to give Nintendo money, but it's kind of amazing how hard they make that out to be.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
You've inspired me to have my own home Amiibo federation. I may go with one champ and beat the champ you are the champ until someone beats you. Pika is amazingly good and I could easily see him being the one that is first champ and has a long title reign.
I'm glad you like the idea. Feel free to spread the word around about this so casual players and competitive players can have their Amiibo collection be put to the test. And to people that are new to the Amiibo federation and etc. or want to get into it, you can have any ruleset you want. Not everything has be like how I run the Amiibo Cup lol. Be creative, try to make it an interesting format to add some excitement. Amiibo away!!

I'm considering of having 2 series, one being named Amiibo Cup and the other being Amiibo Showdown. The Amiibo Cup is what I have going on now and it's a solid format, but I want to either change the name to Amiibo Showdown or form a new series with that new name.

Also, if you have a big Amiibo collection and you want to form an Amiibo federation of some sort, it may take a while if you're going to have it all happen in one sitting. (Depending on your ruleset) I'd recommend having it happen over the course of a few days to make sure you're not there all day lol. Unless you have enough patience and time to do all that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Ayyone planning on going to amiibo-only tournaments? One happening near me next month. Better hold my own little mini tournament at home beforehand and pit all mine against each other to see who's the strongest and most likely to get the farthest, or maybe I can just enter all of them if I'm allowed to......

Btw my collection in order:
Choice Band:4pikachu: Ryu, from Street Fighter
Purple :4yoshi: Dino (pronounced Dee-no), from the Flinstones
Blue :4peach: Bubbles, fom the Powerpull Girls
:4kirby: No Name or color chosen yet

Want:
:4pit:
:4diddy:
:4sonic:
:rosalina:

Pre-ordered:
:4shulk:
:4megaman:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I just heard the wave 3 amiibo are gonna be released on Feb 3rd in the US. Is this old news?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I just heard the wave 3 amiibo are gonna be released on Feb 3rd in the US. Is this old news?
In the USA, pretty sure wave 3 doesn't have an official release date. Again. If you didn't preorder, prepare your anus for "wave 2 the sequel: I am going insane trying to find Amiibo: electric boogaloo."

B33b3

Smash Rookie
I just recently trained up two of my amiibos, those being my :4peach:and my :4zelda:. My problem though is that they keep doing weird stuff that I feel like they shouldnt be doing. When I trained them I mostly just played against them as I normally would a person, usually just a very defensive aggro playstyle (I know that statement doesn't make sense but it fits) and used level 9 comps for characters I was bad with so they were well rounded against all the characters. However, now that they have hit level 50, whenever they fight against an AI or another Amiibo they have this tendency to just stop doing anything. Like they'll just stand around, walk into their opponent, or float over them and not attack or do anything which causes them to get punished hard by AI. Other amiibos do this too so the punishment doesn't really happen, but it's funny to watch.

So I have this weird behavior on my amiibos, but they don't do it when they fight me. I used the guide recommendations and such, and my friend's amiibo does this as well and I have no idea why they do it. It's like their AI stops functioning for a second, and I just have no idea why. Does this happen to anyone elses amiibos? Or do people know why this might happen?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Wait, how do you get the survey? Is there a code on the package, or...?

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Well Toys R Us emailed me 2 promo codes for $15 off because of the cancelled Pit and Captain Falcon. That is about how much I overpaid to a scalper so on this deal I at least feel like they made it up to me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait, how do you get the survey? Is there a code on the package, or...?
I believe they're sent out at random to Club Nintendo members. It may have helped that I said I had purchased 7 amiibo when I registered the Wii U version recently. Only way to see if you got the bonus survey is to check your account.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I believe they're sent out at random to Club Nintendo members. It may have helped that I said I had purchased 7 amiibo when I registered the Wii U version recently. Only way to see if you got the bonus survey is to check your account.
I kind of dislike the random nature that Nintendo sends out surveys on Club Nintendo. There should be a way for them to send our "priority" surveys to the people they know spend a lot of money on Nintendo goods, because of the amount of games registered or previous surveys taken or something. Same thing apparently happened with the European "Ambassador New 3DS". Random people in the Club got to buy, while somebody who buys EVERYTHING Nintendo is not even given the opportunity. I hope a lot of people who got the amiibo survey offered constructive, but firm, feedback on the amiibo distribution problem and that Majora's Mask debacle. I preordered the $85 version on Gamestop that comes with the hardback book. While it's cool, if I can get a regular preorder for just the game and statue, I'll cancel the "mega" one.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Guys, I've read somewhere (I think here) that the later amiibo-replacement cards are meant for 3DS games, to save storage for bringing them along.

Now I ordered the New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Editon Bundle for my birthday, I was wondering... When will Smash Bros 3DS receive an update to use amiibo? I would like to see the amiibo you trained also on the 3DS version!

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Guys, I've read somewhere (I think here) that the later amiibo-replacement cards are meant for 3DS games, to save storage for bringing them along.

Now I ordered the New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Editon Bundle for my birthday, I was wondering... When will Smash Bros 3DS receive an update to use amiibo? I would like to see the amiibo you trained also on the 3DS version!
I'm guessing sometime around Spring. By then, the New 3DS SHOULD be officially announced for North America, and the Mewtwo DLC should be out or right around the corner. Would seem like a logical time.

But then again, Nintendo and logic aren't the best of friends.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I'm guessing sometime around Spring. By then, the New 3DS SHOULD be officially announced for North America, and the Mewtwo DLC should be out or right around the corner. Would seem like a logical time.

But then again, Nintendo and logic aren't the best of friends.
That's true, they started releasing their New 3DS system first to Japan, then to Australia. @_@ That's no logic! It normally should be released after Europe, or at the same time!

Mewtwo DLC was stated being released in Spring, so it'll probably be March!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
They're probably gonna charge $20 for the 3DS Amiibo dongle, aren't they? :(

They'll probably make, like, 10 of them and sell them exclusively to Best Buy.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Another custom amiibo I found on twitter, and it looks great:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Results for the 1st Dream Cup:

Ruleset:
-2 stocks
-6 minute time limit
-Random Stages, with some banned (Pyrosphere, Wily Castle, etc.)

Quarterfinals:

Match 1:

:4mario: Firelord M
:4link: Ravio

Winner: Firelord M

Match 2:

:4falcon: Cpt Norris
:4yoshi: Lord Dream

Winner: Cpt Norris

Semifinals:

Match 1:

:4luigi: Dreamy L

Match 2:

:4kirby: Kurvy

Winner: Cpt Norris

3rd Place Match:

:4luigi: Dreamy L
:4kirby: Kurvy

Winner: Kurvy

Finals:

Final Results:
1. :4mario: Firelord M
2. :4falcon: Cpt Norris
3. :4kirby: Kurvy

Notes:
-Improvement still needed, but Firelord M vs Cpt Norris and Kurvy vs Cpt Norris were pretty intense, Ravio still plays really defensive (but not in a good way), Lord Dream needs to be more aggressive as well, and Dreamy L leaves himself open too much.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I think this is going to be the final Bowser Amiibo (or at least a different angle of it). If so, I actually think it's an improvement from what we have been shown before:

Also what seems to be the final Ike too. A little different from previous promotional images:

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Ike's looks a bit off, I'm kinda scared to see Robin's. Bowser's is nice, if he becomes common I'll pick him up I guess, I'll do the same with Zelda next time I get the chance.

Top Bottom