• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Man, if only Nintendo consoles and/or games had the capacity to crash the Gamestop servers....

It just occurred to me that Wave 4 isn't releasing in April anymore. Dang it, guess I'm not getting my sister a Lucina for her birthday...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I know the pre-order situation looks extremely dire, but I don't think we should worry as much as before. With the strikes of the Pacific Coast being resolved, shipments should be overall better, and amiibos will be easier to come by post-launch.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
**** Nintendo, **** Gamestop, **** Target, **** Toys R Us, **** Best Buy, **** Wal-Mart, **** Mariotehplumber, **** Scalpers, and lastly, **** Amiibo, it just isn't worth it anymore.
---end thread---

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out before but,

Forgive the shoddy photoshop job, just a quick thing I whipped up.
I love how Lucas and Ness basically have the same pose mirrored (guess they were too lazy to make a new one?) but it totally works! My Amiibo-ship goal is to have both of these standing side by side.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I am going to be so disappointed if I don't get a Lucas amiibo, I highly enjoy Lucas
If I don't get Lucas, heads will roll. He is Priority Numero Uno. He is my favorite gaming character ever and this is my only shot of owning ANY kind of Lucas figurine. If the scalpers get there first or we have a repeat of today, it won't be a pretty sight.

Anyway, my mother went for me since I was in class and it was a total mess. Managed to somehow get Ness, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario though. Robin sold out immediately practically, though.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I'm missing out on preordering my main :4greninja:, and I didn't know he was online only (no word of him being in-store preorders). Damn it, looks like I'm tasting the bitterness of defeat right now.

Luckily, I got the 6 pack at Gamestop with a :4robinm: in it. I don't really want him all that bad but a lot of other missed out, I can only hope they keep missing out if I still can't get Greninja so I can trade it, or if Greninja becomes available in-stores.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
^ Sounds like you're holding :4robinm: for ransom or something.

On another (more ranty) note, y'know I could live with the store exclusives and whatnot. I can live with having to wait at stores at 8 am. I really don't care. But it just BAFFLES my mind that they CONSTANTLY push the Code Name Steam with Fire Emblem goodness and yet NOOOOOOOONE of the FE characters get enough stock around here.
GameStop preorders started at 12 pm for me. I got there at freaking 3 pm, 3 HOURS LATER, and STILL got Ness. Freaking NESS AND THE SPLATOON BUNDLE! And you're telling me that you only had like 2 Robins available?!?!!?
And don't even get me started on Ike or Marth. My Toys R Us tells me they've only ever gotten one Ike.
Like what the **** is going on?!??! Do you not care? Shut up about the Code Name Steam stuff if you're not going to commit!!!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toys R Us tells the Internet Greninja pre-orders open between 7am - 9am.

Toys R Us opens Greninja pre-orders at 3am and they sold out immediately.

:glare:

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure they actually opened pre-orders? I've been checking for the Lucina one, and the page came up at midnight pacific and says they're sold out, but I don't think they were opened yet. I'm thinking they've put the pre-order pages up in preparation but haven't made them available, and "sold out" really means "not available." I have a hard time believing everything sold out at that hour and no one mentioned they were open until now.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Are you sure they actually opened pre-orders? I've been checking for the Lucina one, and the page came up at midnight pacific and says they're sold out, but I don't think they were opened yet. I'm thinking they've put the pre-order pages up in preparation but haven't made them available, and "sold out" really means "not available." I have a hard time believing everything sold out at that hour and no one mentioned they were open until now.
http://nintendoeverything.com/lucina-robin-and-greninja-amiibo-now-live-at-toys-r-us/

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/583916664317726720

Shog

Smash Ace
Man this is pretty sad hearing how scalpers ruin it for you guys in Murica (and Australia).

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
So ... they say they're putting them up after 7 and then put them up at 3. It's nice to know I can't trust any retailers ever.

This is just incredible. These things shouldn't be so hard to get a hold of. I'm hardly a fanatical fan, but this forces me to never let down my guard if I want ANY of them. I've been refreshing all night and somehow still missed it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I am in denial... like I am hoping they will open pre-orders again between 7am - 9am... this is bull crap. False advertising!!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I might as well resort myself to Sony and buy myself either a PS3 or a PS4 because this amiibo hunting is just pure bull****. I missed my mother****ing chance to preorder Lucina...AGAIN!!

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
We don't get many amiibo scalpers around in the UK, as far as I'm aware, but they do sell out really quick or we just don't get enough stock.

I don't believe that Wave 4 or 5 pre-orders have come out in the UK yet, except for Wario and Charizard who pop up randomly.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really wish Toys R Us would do in-store pre-orders like GameStop did yesterday... that's how we were able to have a fighting chance for the Wave 4 amiibo bundle and the Splatoon 3-pack... first come, first served.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Classy, TRU. I get up early to buy your product only to find they've already sold out hours ago?

This entire thing is a big ****ing joke. I can just hear Nintendo and retailers laughing their ***es off.

Amiibo should not be controlling my life. With what I've spent on them already, I'd be halfway toward building a new computer. I wouldn't be distracted from work. I wouldn't be running all over town, standing out in the cold or facing unruly scalpers.

It just isn't worth the trouble anymore.

D

Deleted member

You gotta be kidding me! I set my alarm at 6:30 am thinking that they will go live from 7-9 am LIKE THEY SAID.
But NO, they do it at 3 instead and everything is already sold out? So, not only did I not have a good night sleep, I woke up early for NOTHING.

Seriously, go figure. All I really wanted were the Lucina and Robin amiibos but I missed out again. This is getting ridiculous.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I woke up at 6 am, an hour before the scheduled pre-order time and two hours before I'd normally wake up, and...

...they sold out three hours earlier because of TRU.

**** you, Geoffrey the Giraffe and your assholish ways...

This has been an absolute disaster.

EDIT: Huh..."Assholish" is not censored. Fun fact.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, **** this ****! Unless a miracle pops up, I ain't wasting my time with this, considering the hell I've been through getting my hands on Rosalina! Hoping GameStop doesn't cancel my mother****ing Shulk preorder, otherwise **** it!

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Sheesh, it figures. I couldn't get to a GameStop at 3 yesterday since I'd already had my lunch break, and by the time I got there, they'd just sold out of Pac-Man, who was the last one and the only one besides Ness I'm interested in getting. How the flying frick did Nintendo manage to stock few enough amiibo for preorders to sell out all of them everywhere within hours? I got my brother a Mega Man amiibo preorder about a month after they went live and had no problem doing so.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks like the Toys R Us website is down... I was refreshing the page and when it was 7am, it went down.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Toys R Us site is still open on my iPad. Amiibo wave 4 preorders definitely sold out. How can it be sold out?

And **** those common ones. Link and Zelda are good enough for me, thank you very much!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I really wish Toys R Us would do in-store pre-orders like GameStop did yesterday... that's how we were able to have a fighting chance for the Wave 4 amiibo bundle and the Splatoon 3-pack... first come, first served.
I'm not sure what what Gamestop experience you imagined, but it certainly was not 'first come, first served.'
It was 'get lucky and hope they don't sell out by your turn because the servers will all crash for over 90 minutes'

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You know what, I'm going to sleep! I worked really hard tonight and I need my rest for later!

D

Deleted member

I give up. There's no flying chance I'll ever get them especially since retailers are never 100% honest with what they say and the scalpers ruin it for everyone.
I'm too angry to go back to sleep, but might as well try...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Something kind of funny about watching people realize what I watched happen each wave prior happen quicker and quicker, as predicted.

Ah well.

4/8.

Cannot be anymore stressed and defeated about this. So its humorous. I'll go to bed, and they will go back up.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I agree. TRU was a disaster. I woke up about an hour ago to be ready for the range of times (and had to hope it would turn up early enough I could order and still get to work since I needed to leave at 8:30 EST for work). But then I found out they were already sold out because they went up way ahead of schedule. TRU already charges more than other retailers. You'd think they'd at least make the product accessible.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I give up. There's no flying chance I'll ever get them especially since retailers are never 100% honest with what they say and the scalpers ruin it for everyone.
I'm too angry to go back to sleep, but might as well try...
Try to import if you can. Good luck, I'm in the same situation. I have 0 preordered at least wanted to secure the exclusives and missed all. Hopefully you secure the ones you want at launch and then can import any thay were sold out.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Woody = Toys R Us telling amiibo fans it opens at 7am-9am
Buzz = amiibo fans trying to buy them at 7am-9am only to find out they sold out at 3am

Last edited:

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Well at least EB Games/Gamestop respected the time they gave us. I'll still be mashing refresh for the next 90 minutes but I'm not holding my breath.

Funny how each wave becomes more of a circus compared to the previous one.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Woody = Toys R Us telling amiibo fans it opens at 7am-9am
Buzz = amiibo fans trying to buy them at 7am-9am only to find out they sold out at 3am
Pretty much. Looks like I'll be going import this wave bar Jigglypuff (got lucky), Charizard (Amazon.UK), and Pac Man (is still up on TRU).

Though I guess I cross my fingers that TRU's ebay account will come through again like it did Lucario.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
God damn Amazon needs to put up,their freaking preorders! I want lucina, pacman, Robin, and the Splatoon 3 pack!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guess I was wrong, Pac Man is now gone off of TRU as well.

The only hope now is Amazon.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
So uhh, I saw the preorders go up for 5 minutes on the American Toys R Us site. Telling my friend this, we both tried to add stuff to our carts with no luck. Clicking "Add to Cart" would bring both of us to the cart screen but with nothing listed there. By the time I managed to finally get a Robin into my cart, everything was sold out and it refused to allow me to check out. My friend was unable to get anything in his cart at all by the time everything was gone.

Bravo. This is getting really stupid now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom