• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's not necessary, but it helps speed the process along. Less clicking between your shopping cart and a confirmed order.
Just signed up for an account... now I need to find out whether Greninja pre-orders are online only or I can get one at the store in person.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, all these horror stories I'm hearing about trying to pre-order amiibo. Who knew you could **** up something so simple.
Also the GS I was at today (I was at the mall to get somethign else so I checked it out) already has the SM-series Mario out as a standalone. Looked pretty nice but I already have SSB-Mario, Gold Mario, and SM-Green Mario... And I'm getting Dr. Mario...

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
You'd think by Wave 4, they'd at least have things under control.

Nope.

I'm done. There's no way I'll be able to ever get the amiibo I desire. I have no vehicle to travel out to gamestop, and of course the online preorders that were PROMISED never went up so that was a bust for me as well.
I am so sick of this situation.

Not to mention the WAVE 4 AMIIBO PREORDERS THAT ARE ALREADY ON EBAY FOR 50+ BUCKS A POP

Seriously just **** Nintendo's and Gamestop's handling of amiibos, **** preordering in general, and **** scalpers.

Last edited:

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Meanwhile, in Australia
No exclusives, EB Games (gamestop) is taking pre orders for all of the amiibos announced on the stream, no massive lines to pre order, AND Target, Big W, and Game Traders are fully stocked on the morning of release
Oh and Rosalina isnt rare :3

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I want a :4greninja:and :4robinm:amiibo so bad it's not funny. I know :4greninja:'s a TRU exclusive but I am not sure I want to stay up till midnight to preorder it ( will the preorders online come on midnight? I'm the East Coast of the US) so will there be any preorders card for it tomorrow? I remember I saw one for Lucario when amiibos came out ( and admittedly regret not getting it).

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
If you have a smart phone do both wait in line while hitting refresh on the browser. Be logged in with payment and address book complete. I have such great advice even though today I was a complete failure.
How do you prepare payment ahead of time? I can only find the option to put in my home and billing address.

Kain6th

Smash Ace

Nope.

I'm done. There's no way I'll be able to ever get the amiibo I desire. I have no vehicle to travel out to gamestop, and of course the online preorders that were PROMISED never went up so that was a bust for me as well.

Not to mention the WAVE 4 AMIIBO PREORDERS THAT ARE ALREADY ON EBAY FOR 50+ BUCKS A POP

Seriously just **** Nintendo's and Gamestop's handling of amiibos, **** preordering in general, and **** scalpers.

This is pretty much how im feeling at this moment! I still want pac-man though /sighhh

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Every wave just gets worse than the last. I don't want to even think about how crazy it will be by the time we get to Amiibo of DLC characters. Wave 1 pre-orders were available for pretty much all characters until the last minute, although I don't think many people took advantage of them. I know I didn't and then had to wait about a week for more Link to turn up at Gamestop. Once Marth, Villager, and WFT were discontinued, things suddenly got a bit crazier, but I don't think it pushed too many more people to pre-orders. That was Wave 2 that helped with that when Pit, Falcon, and Little Mac were all incredibly hard to get without a pre-order (and even Luigi and Diddy were scarce originally). Wave 3, at least in a lot of North America, introduced the store exclusive element and the need to pre-order to have any shot at most of the wave, notably Ike and Dedede which made the demand skyrocket for Wave 4. At least the pre-orders stayed open for weeks though with a few exceptions for exclusives. The Super Mario Bros line actually seemed to have had a reasonable rollout where all characters are still fairly easy to get except Gold Mario, which actually makes sense as a collector's item.

But then we had today's release which could pretty much be described as a fiasco. Jigglypuff had site glitches and then when it was finally available was gone in under 10 minutes. Then Best Buy got the 5 characters up but they were gone in a similar amount of time to Jigglypuff. Gamestop tried to do in-store only but still had their website and internal servers crash, making orders take over an hour, but only artificially lengthening how long they seemed to be available. I think Ness at least had an above average quantity when compared to the non-exclusives though, which is a plus, but also likely means no extras at the locations if you didn't manage to snag one. Tomorrow's wide estimated range for Greninja is likely to be no better either at Toys R Us and will likely be worse after how hard it was to get anything today.

Past scarcity has also affected other regions as US consumers pre-ordered stock from pretty much any country that shipped to the US or was easy enough to get to the US with a forwarding address. I fully expect this to increase in future waves.

I really wish Nintendo would just let stores pre-order first, make that quantity of Amiibo plus some additional percentage and stop this ridiculous artificial scarcity that only benefits scalpers and takes the fun out of getting the characters you like. I know I initially planned on buying my four favorites from wave 1 near release (Link, Samus, Peach, and Marth) and then picking up one or two per payday. Now you need to be prepared to buy anything you might want immediately or pay super inflated prices later.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I hate everything. Rosalina? Gone. Shulk? Gone. Jigglypuff? Gone. Splatoon set? Does it matter? It's probably will be gone as well.

I'm a teenage boy who goes to school. I don't have to time to constantly check to see if an amiibo is up. Especially if it sells out in 10 minutes.

All I wanted...was Pikachu, Rosalina, Shulk, Jigglypuff, and Maybe Bowser Jr. That was it. I managed to get Pikachu for christmas and I was happy at the time.

...My pikachu amiibo is still the only one on that self. All alone.

I give up. The scalpers win. I'm going to start with Rosalina and buy her off ebay. Then I'm going to focus on the Splatoon set. If I miss it, I need to make sure I have enough money for either the full set, or at least inkling girl to buy off ebay as well.

After that, hopefully I can get a summer job. I will get enough money to buy both Shulk and Jigglypuff from scaplers and hopefully still have enough money for the frame I wanted for the Rosalina poster...

*Sigh*

There isn't even a mention of a video game in those sentences. Why has it come to this? I just wanted figurines to display on my shelf. It would've been really cute...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd post this here too, since it's relevant and I'm miffed about what happened today when I tried to get my brother a Ness.

The one Amiibo thing I'm stressing out most about right now that's not Fire Emblem related is "What the hell will happen with Olimar."

One part of me wants to say he'll be okay given how often Nintendo seems to be pushing Pikmin lately. I mean, they use them for everything now. On the other hand though...the same can be said for Animal Crossing, and look what happened to Villager...

I will seriously never understand why the VILLAGER didn't have more made. I mean what the hell, given how big Animal Crossing is...I'd love to have a Villager that costs less than 80 bucks...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Can confirm Greninja, Palutena, ZSS, Ganondorf and Dark Pit are sold out of EB Games Australia.

Particularly salty about Ganondorf.
I wanted that **** so bad and then it gets sold out in the only place I could pre order him from :cry::(:crying:

Last edited:

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
Meanwhile, in Australia
No exclusives, EB Games (gamestop) is taking pre orders for all of the amiibos announced on the stream, no massive lines to pre order, AND Target, Big W, and Game Traders are fully stocked on the morning of release
I wish I was living there right now... I just wanted the amiibo of my 4 mains (charizard, bowser, yoshi, robin). Bowser and yoshi were easy enough, since they're Mario characters (which it would be incredibly sad if they couldn't even keep amiibos from their most successful series). But apparently not even Charizard is popular enough to ship enough to last even a day, and I thought since robin could be used in that steam game that they would have supplied more of them...
This whole fiasco doesn't make sense from a consumer or producer standpoint... we're missing out on amiibos of our favorite characters and they're missing out on a lot of potential money.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I wish I was living there right now... I just wanted the amiibo of my 4 mains (charizard, bowser, yoshi, robin). Bowser and yoshi were easy enough, since they're Mario characters (which it would be incredibly sad if they couldn't even keep amiibos from their most successful series). But apparently not even Charizard is apparently popular enough to ship enough to last even a day, and I thought since robin could be used in that steam game that they would have supplied more of them...
This whole fiasco doesn't make sense from a consumer or producer standpoint... we're missing out on amiibos of our favorite characters and they're missing out on a lot of potential money.
Hold that **** mah *****, you won't want to be where we are :4ganondorf:

Greninja, Palutena, ZSS, Ganon (NOOO WHY?! :cry:) and Dark Pit are all gone.

Wave 5 Amiibos

All of them gone within 1 day of the Direct.
3Salty5me.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Looks like Olimar is still available in most stores. :)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So wait a second, so apparently wave 5 is up for pre order, but not the splatoon set right? That is still potentially safe for now? I'm a little confused now at whats going on.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Meanwhile, in Australia
Hmm, I have a friend in Australia. I should ask her for a favor sometime, though I could imagine shipping won't be cheap...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You know what I blame most for this crap?

Friggin' legless Peach.

Nobody was going nuts over these things until the story of a $2,000 amiibo defect went viral. Suddenly everybody was scrambling to find broken amiibos thinking they could cash in like it was the damn lottery. I've seen everything from Link with Master Sword with extra gold paint on the Triforce emblem to a half-mustachioed Little Mac, many of those going for quadruple or even quintuple digits.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You want to know what upsets me more? The fact that people are only selling the box version of the amiibos.

I don't care about the box. I want the actual figures. If it will make it cost less, I'll gladly accept it without a box.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
You want to know what upsets me more? The fact that people are only selling the box version of the amiibos.

I don't care about the box. I want the actual figures. If it will make it cost less, I'll gladly accept it without a box.
Or they'll just sell the box without the figure...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Or they'll just sell the box without the figure...
Don't even get me started. I've seen that way too much. I see something like: $9.99! And then I see it is just the box.

I want the figurine...Why are scapulars so cruel...

Kendude

Smash Cadet
So was anyone in Canada able to preorder Robin, Charizard or Lucina from EB Games today? When I was able to check again a few hours later from the initial rush, Ness, Wario, Pac-Man and the Splatoon amiibos were no longer anywhere to be found on the website. So I'm wondering if they ever existed or I just missed them.

The news from Australia is disheartening also. ZSS, Ganondorf and Palutena are absolute must haves for me and since they're already gone, that doesn't bode well for when they come out in NA. At least Olimar still being there is nice.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
On an unrelated note...
I think the whole Amiibo training thing is really cool, but I've also heard that at their best levels they start to get stats better than the normal characters would. I kind of want a realistic opponent. If I don't feed the Amiibo any gear and continue to level it up, will it leave the stats un-tampered or will they be below the average?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait wait hold the phone. Are Olimar preorders only in Australia?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Nope.

If I somehow don't get my hands on a Ganon, Falco, Mewtwo or Lucas Amiibos in the future, I'm 100% in your boat.

Nintendo, wtf is going on?
They already ****ed up on Wave 5!
And it just got announced as well! Wtf?! :glare:

Wait wait hold the phone. Are Olimar preorders only in Australia?
As far as I know, yes @ Opossum Opossum

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Don't even get me started. I've seen that way too much. I see something like: $9.99! And then I see it is just the box.

I want the figurine...Why are scapulars so cruel...
I cry every time I look for amiibo on Ebay. Though I wouldn't consider myself an amiibo saint either since I'm keeping an eye out for Golden Mario and hoping it'll be my ticket to Meta Knight.
Or y'know Best Buy could just get restocked but noooooooooooooooooo.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That's the rumor going around. :facepalm:
There's no need for the faceplam considering I just looked at this page :facepalm:

I literally have no words after hearing that Lucina and Robin are sold out. I wanted Lucina and I guess I need to look at Toys R Us and other sites now :/

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I cry every time I look for amiibo on Ebay. Though I wouldn't consider myself an amiibo saint either since I'm keeping an eye out for Golden Mario and hoping it'll be my ticket to Meta Knight.
Or y'know Best Buy could just get restocked but noooooooooooooooooo.
Eh, amiibo trading isn't as bad. It's more fair in a sense because either way, people who actually want amiibo, get amiibo.

I couldn't get into it myself though.

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
Waited about 45 minutes in line today at my GameStop and didn't get one. I knew Lucina and Robin would be gone in minutes. They took our names down after about a half hour of waiting. Can't believe GS's systems couldn't handle it. And of course as soon as it does go back up everything is sold out. I'm really not sure who to be pissed at, GameStop or Nintendo.

Luckily I have some pull since I still work there, so when pre-orders go up again, I may be able to know a little earlier than the general public. But I'm really not going to go out of my way to get these things. If I can pre-order one, great. If not, then whatever. I'm not an idiot who buys these things for 50+. Plus I definitely don't want to be helping scalpers.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I literally can't stand it.

Just went back to eBay to see how bad it is, countless listings for wave 4 amiibo.

Screw all of them. I hate those kind of people.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I at least ordered a Link while it's on sale on Amazon. Still need Yoshi, but at least this saves me a potential trip to Target, surprisingly he's getting hard to find.

There's no need for the faceplam considering I just looked at this page :facepalm:
LMAO

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well I at least ordered a Link while it's on sale on Amazon. Still need Yoshi, but at least this saves me a potential trip to Target, surprisingly he's getting hard to find.

LMAO
I'm surprised with Fox since one of my friends is looking for him. I do see Yoshi in my area, so I guess it depends on where you live.

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
I hate to say it, but the more I look at Lucina's amiibo, the more I don't want it. It just looks so poorly made. Some amiibo look really solid, but her's just looks unfortunate.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm surprised with Fox since one of my friends is looking for him. I do see Yoshi in my area, so I guess it depends on where you live.
I meant Link, but Yoshi is getting hard to find too. Haven't seen a wild Samus or Kirby in the wild for a good while.

Every store I see: Super Mario Series (did see two Toads today), Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Diddy, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Pikachu

Best Buy from what I remember has had good selections, but I haven't checked locally recently.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
**** Nintendo, **** Gamestop, **** Target, **** Toys R Us, **** Best Buy, **** Wal-Mart, **** Mariotehplumber, **** Scalpers, and lastly, **** Amiibo, it just isn't worth it anymore.

Top Bottom