• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

American brawl commerical

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
If you want to see the American brawl commercial its suckage has been running amuck on fusetv for the past hour or longer. which brings me to this

Why the hell do Americans have the crappy commercial! I wanted it to be epic!

I wanted it to hit hard and be epic to make me want to say "I Have to play that game!" *cough* "kingdom hearts was epic" *cough*

but from the looks of the commercial it just looks like a mediocre game that those Japanese people are playing now days.

gerr times 100

but anyways discuss

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Watching people smile and laugh cheesily doesn't exactly attract me.

7-up

Smash Cadet
What were they thinking!?

This is the corniest gimicky comercial I've seen in ages.

Honestly Nintendo your starting to dissapoint me.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* The Smash 64 commercial was just pure amazing compared to Melee and Brawl's. Sadly, their commercials will still work, since people will remember the "wii would to play" corniness. At least, showing a commercial is a good sign of Nintendo being ready to sell their newest cash baby (albeit a good one).

Rash

Smash Ace
It's not the worst commercial, but it, as I feared, doesn't show enough varied gameplay. In one shot it's Mario's Final Smash coming from the left. In another shot it's Samus' Final Smash coming from the left. C'mon now.

And yeah, the Smash 64 commercial was epic. They had the movie-preview announcer and everything. Hell, that commercial alone made me want to buy the game. This one just doesn't have any real effect.

Nintendo's aiming at the casual crowd with these new commercials because they know that the hardcore were already on board way back when the game was announced.

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
I agree, Nintendo used to make better commercials. Nintendo markets to an expanded crown now though. At the end of the day, Brawl is still awesome. It's just a commercial.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I remember the melee commercial and it made me scream "I AM SO GETTING THAT!"

honestly i thoguht the melee commercial was pretty garbage, not saying brawl's is any better. the 64 one owns so hard, why couldn't they have just recreated that with new chars. haha

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The "WII WOULD RIKE TO PRAY " theme will fade soon. The N64's theme for a time was "Get N or get out".
THe Gamecube's commercials showed gameplay footage on screens that rotated like a cube. The Super Nintendo had one too, but I don't remember.
IMO, they should air the Japanese commercials, translate the text, and keep them intact.

mthegreatone

Smash Cadet
chances are there was a cheesy tv-family or group of friends in the commercial right?

it's basically Nintendo's considerable attempts at still labeling the Wii as a family-friendly console.

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Well wait, what about this one? It IS awesome. The best of the three I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnxTVnSTCkE&feature=related

The ending is especially epic.
They dont show 3 Min adverts on Tv though? Thats probably one that will be used on Amazon and stuff.

The 'Wii would like to play' advert is pretty poor. Just shows FINAL SMASHES. But I guess they know all the same Smashers as before will buy brawl so theyre trying to show whats new to grab more people. With Smash 64 they actually needed people to join the smash bandwagon. But I think your all right in saying that those adverts are a poor effort.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
They dont show 3 Min adverts on Tv though? Thats probably one that will be used on Amazon and stuff.

The 'Wii would like to play' advert is pretty poor. Just shows FINAL SMASHES. But I guess they know all the same Smashers as before will buy brawl so theyre trying to show whats new to grab more people. With Smash 64 they actually needed people to join the smash bandwagon. But I think your all right in saying that those adverts are a poor effort.
QFT. very good points here

LWknight

Smash Rookie
Smash 64's commercial was the best. that's epic material . . . i think i'll go watch it right now

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
The "WII WOULD RIKE TO PRAY " theme will fade soon. The N64's theme for a time was "Get N or get out".
THe Gamecube's commercials showed gameplay footage on screens that rotated like a cube. The Super Nintendo had one too, but I don't remember.
IMO, they should air the Japanese commercials, translate the text, and keep them intact.
They did some various things, but "Play it LOUD" was what they were using at one time.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
The Wii Would Like to Play commercials failed so hard, it made Superman 64 look good.

I expected something better... I mean come on, "DA BRALW 2 NED DEM LAWL!" sounds pretty stupid. :(

-Knux-

Smash Ace
It was... short. The actual footage was shorter than the Japanese guys promoting the Wii.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
We need another SSB64 commercial. Or a Pikmin 2 one. Hell, something along the lines of Kirby Canvus Curse would be better than that.

~You say good morning, I say good night...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The reality to me just seems like targetting hardcore audiance on TV commercials just don't do much anymore since a majority of hardcore players tend to get there information from more direct sources... so they have to go after the audiance that is paying less attention.

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* The Smash 64 commercial was just pure amazing compared to Melee and Brawl's. Sadly, their commercials will still work, since people will remember the "wii would to play" corniness. At least, showing a commercial is a good sign of Nintendo being ready to sell their newest cash baby (albeit a good one).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bjLy6GabB80
**** yeah this is the best commercial EVER! This one commercial single handedly made me buy smash 64 and i want a commercial like that for brawl that I can say Dang i wanna get that game. . . BUT NO there isn't any :( i am so disappointed

Off topic - We are ganna miss you Brett Favre!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
The Wii Would Like to Play commercials failed so hard, it made Superman 64 look good.

I expected something better... I mean come on, "DA BRALW 2 NED DEM LAWL!" sounds pretty stupid. :(

dude do you remember what an utter piece of crap superman 64 actually WAS?

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, I was really hoping they'd just bring over the one with the SSE cutscenes. That one was so awesome and epic-looking... This one is just terrible. It's not even that great for pulling people in...

ConeZone

Smash Ace
brawl doesn't need an epic commercial, if people are true fans they already know how great this game will be without having to look on a television to re-assure them!

Top Bottom