• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazon Posts (Leaks?) New Info On Smash Wii U

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
i really hope we can play custom stages online. gettin tired of omega stages lol

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Mario Party mode sounds hype

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
So does this mean that the PM team can get into the Wii U version of the game through stagebuilder like they did in Brawl?
I don't know why people are pushing for this to happen, we've barely seen what the game is capable of and people are already talking about modding Smash 4, like God damn let the game live.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
Sakurai wasn't kidding when he wanted this game to be somewhat of a party game and not a pure fighting game.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Wait so we have to unlock more characters on the Wii U version than the 3ds version, why just why.

Li'l Devi'

Smash Cadet
NNID
TFSRunner
I hope this "smashboard" is the answer to smash run. plays like Mario party, a mini-game comes up (tiny smash, climb to the finish, team smash, etc.) after everyone moves their spaces, giving you a chance to win trophies, custom moves, etc. Blue spaces give you coins, red takes some away. Landing on the same space as another player starts a for glory style match where you can again win more parts, etc. You can pass by an item store and use your collected coins to buy items and power-up to use during matches, baring for glory style matches. Random chance-time spaces? A Goal? (stars in Mario party) This would literally be the selling point for me on buying the Wii U version

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

''I'll leave it up to your imaginations to decide whether he actually said that or not'' - :troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So does this mean that the PM team can get into the Wii U version of the game through stagebuilder like they did in Brawl?

View attachment 27640
Why doesnt anyone understand that the PMDV cant touch smash 4 no matter what, they'll get C & D'd. They are already pushing it with PM they cant really do another and if memory serves I believe they said they wont be touching this one, (and they cant even copy smash 4 chars off the clone engine) but i thought people knew this by now....

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Is that the starting roster for the Wii U version? It can't be.

Li'l Devi'

Smash Cadet
NNID
TFSRunner
Mii Fighter
Import your customized characters from the Nintendo 3DS version
Is that just limited to mii fighters or does that apply to all characters? Cause if its not limited to the Mii's, people can transfer over their CM sets to the Wii U easily, which would let people have custom move sets in tournies ( if rule set allows it) without the hassle of unlocking them all on the Wii u version.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Man one of these days Amozon is going to get into some fire for leaking out content like this.

Anyway a Smash board game sounds interesting, not sure how it'll work though unless they actually take the Mario Party route which I somehow doubt.

As for the Master and Crazy Hand challenges I think we have a clear sign of what's replacing the Event matches.

Stage Builder...okay they can make this work better, the one in Brawl was just dull after a while and I think it would've been better if you had more pieces and bavkgrounds based off of the represented franchises, I think those who frequent the Brawl modding community know what I'm getting at here, I want to be able to make actual Mario themed stages with mushroom platforms, I want to make Zelda themed stages, Metroid, DKC, ect. and even allow us to mix and match hazards and enemies like let's have a Zelda stage with the DKC barrel canons or something. Okay maybe not that far but at the very least give us different stage skins other than generic sky, dungeon, factory stuff.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I don't know why people are pushing for this to happen, we've barely seen what the game is capable of and people are already talking about modding Smash 4, like God damn let the game live.
I was just curious if having the stagebuilder back would allow for the team to mod it since that's how they did it with Brawl. It could be the case for Smash 4, it might not be. It was a simple question, sir.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
"Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode"
Are you absolutely sure that this doesn't refer to the classic mode that we already have in the 3ds?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
hm.... I wonder if the board will come to a peak in the middle with a spiral pathway leading to the top where the Super Smash Star will celebrate his/her/its victory... kind of like a tower. A Tower of Smash.

S2

Smash Lord
If I had to take a guess, this is probably the source of the 8-player mode everyone is wondering about.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game only runs traditional 4-player battles, but supports 8 players in the board game. It would also explain why those voice overs would be purposely present on the 3DS, since using a 3DS as a controller for an 8-player mode is required for those who don't buy the GC controller add-on (and lets be fair, that add-on was made for us and not very casual players).

Just speculation though until Nintendo does its official reveal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was just curious if having the stagebuilder back would allow for the team to mod it since that's how they did it with Brawl. It could be the case for Smash 4, it might not be. It was a simple question, sir.

Nothing more, nothing less.
The PM team weren't able to hack Brawl simply because of the fact there was a mode called "Stage Builder" in the game. They were able to hack it and use it as PMs boot up because the specific way the Stage Builder mode in Brawl was set up from a programming stand point, had some exploitable nuances to it that they capitalised on.

Smash Wii U having a mode called "Stage Builder" doesn't mean it can automatically be exploited by hackers. It all depends on how it's set up, programming wise. Whether or not it will ever exploited by hackers remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure - it's not gonna work like it did in Brawl. This is a different game built from the ground up, on a different engine, running on different hardware. So there is no way the Stage Builder in this game will be programmed just like the one in Brawl (especially since it likely has it's own new features, which may include how stages are saved).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh for peak sakes

@ Geno Boost Geno Boost is talking about the spainkiller leak

He claim he saw some moving models of mewtwo,dixie kong,chorus men, ridley

And he said they have to be transfer to the 3ds to play them in that version

And no amazon did not confirm/deconfirm that leak

But they may have deconfirm the Tower of smash leak though

Top Bottom