• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazon Posts (Leaks?) New Info On Smash Wii U

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Mistake or not, Amazon has let slip some previously unknown information regarding the upcoming Smash Bros. for Wii U. While Picture of the Day information has been slightly less exciting lately, Amazon has provided some juicy new information about the game that should keep fans excited while they wait for November 21!

This we all knew - but the rest...

Check out Amazon's description for the Wii U Smash Bros. below - it gives away some interesting new info!

Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

Board games? Challenges? Intelligent amiibos? It looks like there's a lot left to be revealed about this new game - what do you think? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit likes the sound of a challenge mode - chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Thought the news crew was dependant on being spoiler free. :<

On a more serious note, Smashopoly, anyone?

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
The board game thing sounds like it could be the "Master Order" and "Crazy Order", but I don't know. I think it's probably just misinformation.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That board game mode better not be the big exclusive feature.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Cool to see a preview of the amiibo menu and character selection screen!

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
The board game sounds cool, but I really am excited about challenges crafted by Master/Crazy Hand. Hope it's something like event matches, those were my favorite.

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Maybe the board game will be like a Mario Party game, but with a smash bros twist? Hmmmm....

Edit: :4greninja:'d hard

Last edited:

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
So does this mean that the PM team can get into the Wii U version of the game through stagebuilder like they did in Brawl?

Ok with this.png

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
wait a minute did they say new charcters (that are not in 3ds) does that mean the leak is real?!
No. There will not be version exlusive characters. How many times does this need to be said?
By new characters, they were talking about the game in general. The roster on the 3DS version is the same as the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
So since one of the new modes is a Mario Party board game, is it going to be called Smashboard?

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
Stage Builder YES! I loved that mode in Brawl. I wonder if you can share created stages with other people.

Top Bottom