• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Japanese Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wow, that last kill in the first video was SOOO RISKY, but SOOO WIN.

Yeah, we all know about our Japanese Sonic, RATS, lol.

We've been keeping our eyes on him for awhile. Thing is, we don't know what kind of competition he gets. All we know is that he plays a lot of low/mid tier characters on WiFi with the rare higher tier character.

So we're not too sure how he's doing outside of WiFi or anything, but he seems legit. Really crazy style, yet it seems so punishable.

But hey, if the opponent can't punish it, why not abuse it?

:093:

OverLade

Smash Hero
XD well I dont know much about the sonic boards, but I thoguht it looked like it was worth posting.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Not a problem man, this is a new video so it's not like you're just reposting things.

I'll submit this to the Winning Steak Cinemas awhile.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Already got it in.

I love Rats for being the only known Sonic outside of his region...
But looking at his Sonic actually...pisses me off.

He Spin cancels at the most inappropriate times, and tries to be flashy. That failed edgeguard in the second or third match I believe, was only because the idiot messed up on the length of his wall jump under the lip.

Simply falling and jumping back to grab the edge would've been enough.

I mean, I understand canceling to fake out and trick and mindgame and the like, but dear lords, the guy uses it so much that it's hindering how fast he should be moving around the level.

But still, it looks like it's KINDA working, considering how quickly the Ness started catching on toward the end of the second video and into the third.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, that's kinda what I was saying...looks really punishable but if the opponent can't stop it, might as well do it.

But he does that same style against everyone, all the time, so I see where you're coming from Puffy.
I'm pretty sure it only works as well on WiFi...so I wonder how well he would do in a tournament environment.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Espy, you got to understand that RATS is like in an entirely different region, what mgiht not work in here will probably go unheeded in Japan.

They probably have some junk that could even give us a run for our money.

Regardless though, I caught on a lot of things that RATS either could've done, or needs to stop doing so d*** much... :/

I won't be really picky, but he spams Spring so unecessarily, and all the Spinshots... it irritates me how he does it so much...

It's the Springs that get to me though, Spinshots is just something that is "meh."

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I hate playing on Lag-Fi, period.

Japan probably has it easy, I heard they have a good networking system.

They could probably get away with counting Wi-Fi matches as legit ones.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Everybody who is complaining about Japan-Fi

You're doing it wrong. Their Wi-Fi is legit, lag is ridiculously low everywhere.
This is why their Snakes can tech online (see that Ganon vs. Snake match)
This is also why their Falcos can do tech skill online >_>;

Trillion

Smash Ace
Already got it in.

He Spin cancels at the most inappropriate times, and tries to be flashy. That failed edgeguard in the second or third match I believe, was only because the idiot messed up on the length of his wall jump under the lip.

I mean, I understand canceling to fake out and trick and mindgame and the like, but dear lords, the guy uses it so much that it's hindering how fast he should be moving around the level.

But still, it looks like it's KINDA working, considering how quickly the Ness started catching on toward the end of the second video and into the third.
He mostly does spin cancels when he is running as an approach. He does it multiple times in the same approach so that the opponent never knows where he might start and stop and start again at. They can't try to attack or grab cuz they will risk missing, if they hold shield, then they risk needlessly depleteing their shields. If they jump, then he might have stopped and be able to get them with an aerial. It gives him approach options and creates a sense of danger for the opponent. At least this is how I see it.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, he pulled a CiTH combo in the first 13 seconds. xD
That just shows our influence right there. :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
lolol

you guys must hate playing me on lag-fi, not being able to punish.

lol

XD

...yeah

But hey, if the opponent can't punish it, why not abuse it?

That's not too bad of an ideal IRL, or actually, in any situation where you're playing strictly to win.

But it breeds such bad habits if you abuse the wrong things that your opponent "can't punish" online lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's not too bad of an ideal IRL, or actually, in any situation where you're playing strictly to win.

But it breeds such bad habits if you abuse the wrong things that your opponent "can't punish" online lol.
Exactly why I mentioned how I wondered if this would work in a tourney environment.

Apparently Japan-Fi is legit? lol, but I completely understand what you're saying.

I hate playing Lag-Fi cuz I try to do stuff that would work IRL, but can't punish spammy Sonic's overabuse of HA as well as I'd like >________>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
As far as words will be persuasive, it works.

I can't really tell though, at least not without trying their Lag-Fi... which might sadly be better than what we have here.

BTW I thought Bunny hated Sonic or something.

Lots of blasphemy happening today.

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
Lol, he pulled a CiTH combo in the first 13 seconds. xD
That just shows our influence right there. :p
That, or the simplicity of the "combo": a simple aggro-to-retreat change up with low punishability. Like Sonic's "Shuttle Loop," this approach seemed to me a rather natural development which almost immediately followed the additions of the primary portions of each move —Spinshot and ASC, respectively—to the metagame. Not to sound chippy, but didn't we all figure out each of these "combos" just as soon as we began to incorporate the new techs into our games? It's no wonder that RATS does it; not because he's lurking our boards with Babelfish, but it's merely a case of applying techs in an instinctive way.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, joke Blapius my good friend.
It's not that the combo is actually a combo, it's just that CiTH uses it a lot so I just call it the CiTH combo.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually started calling it the RATScats combo, but then it evolved into CiTH combo.

Meh, whatchya gonn' do?

So yeah, I guess we all have different feelings about RATS.

The only thing I don't like is when random people (no offense >_>) see this and are like "ZOMG DIS IS TEH BEST SAWNIK EVAR!!1 EVERY SAWNIK SHOOD LRN2PLAY LIEK THIS!!111!!"

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
It's not that the combo is actually a combo, it's just that CiTH uses it a lot so I just call it the CiTH combo.

Sorry, friend. Didn't take my Midol.

Edit: Agreed on the above, Cam.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
BTW I thought Bunny hated Sonic or something.

Lots of blasphemy happening today.
I'm not sure what I like anymore.

I even used Sonic a few times in the last 2 days or so.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Steak is too good. People can't resist.

Once you succumb to it, life becomes much more deliciousenjoyable.

@CiTH - Yeah, a scrubby RATS.
OHSNAP

<3

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
That's exactly what I thought. xD

When I saw Bunny's post, I was like, lolwut?
Just be careful about what you say. XD
I seriously really don't think she likes steak.

And did amazingly well O_o; At least when we played. x_x

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Wow, that last kill in the first video was SOOO RISKY, but SOOO WIN.
The other guy was just poorly timing is edge hog. And it wasn't really risky since he was going to die anyways.

Already got it in.

I think his mind game kill on the last stock of the second match shows he has some effectiveness with what he's doing... But I agree that it is a little overboard.

EDIT: I'm beginning to think he's not putting too much thought into what he's doing. His excessive actions work well for mindgaming his killmoves on the stage, but off the stage he's doing a ton of unnecessary things that are putting him at risk and he gets killed because of it at one or two points.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I actually started calling it the RATScats combo, but then it evolved into CiTH combo.

Meh, whatchya gonn' do?

So yeah, I guess we all have different feelings about RATS.

The only thing I don't like is when random people (no offense >_>) see this and are like "ZOMG DIS IS TEH BEST SAWNIK EVAR!!1 EVERY SAWNIK SHOOD LRN2PLAY LIEK THIS!!111!!"

LOLcakes.

Nothing.

We sure do.

Luckily nobody like that has coem around... yet... >.>

You're too slow Blap.

...The bacterium... it's spreading... perhaps at a quicker rate than even I'm expecting it to.

*Insert whispering voice here*

Don't try to fight it, just give in to the Steak, and all will be fine...

Just be careful about what you say. XD
I seriously really don't think she likes steak.

And did amazingly well O_o; At least when we played. x_x
Nobody does not like Steak.

Magnum for example, when he goes to Genesis, will get a piece of Steak forked down his throat by yours truly, and even he shall see just how tasty it is.

Also are you saying you two played?

Either way, It seems like we all can find a problem in RATS, but kharmaa is a @#$%^, and once we get good vids us, it will come back and hit us hard.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Well that went downhill quickly.
From now on all video discussion should be kept the the specific thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom