• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one....

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
....who is told things like....

"You have the spammiest Wolf ever"
"You use lasers too much"
"You're so campy"

Idk what to think of these statements. I play with Wolf and my playstyle with him seems to be working pretty well. I try to play fair as much as possible. I'm able to use Fair, Bair, Uair, Dsmash, shine and just about every move with Wolf pretty well. I've mained him since Brawl came out. I don't rely on too much of one move, although I think Wolf's lasers are one of his more useful attributes. Maybe I'm just letting sore losers get to my head -_-; but I want everyone to enjoy their matches with me.

So do any of you Wolf users get any of these statements often from other players?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

"You're so campy"

Idk what to think of these statements. I play with Wolf and my playstyle with him seems to be working pretty well. I try to play fair as much as possible. I'm able to use Fair, Bair, Uair, Dsmash, shine and just about every move with Wolf pretty well. I've mained him since Brawl came out. I don't rely on too much of one move, although I think Wolf's lasers are one of his more useful attributes. Maybe I'm just letting sore losers get to my head -_-; but I want everyone to enjoy their matches with me.

So do any of you Wolf users get any of these statements often from other players?
i dont spam his laser. i b reversal it a bunch so i use it more randomly then just standing still firing.i would like to spam more but i am to impatient and love just attacking with bairs.i spam his bair and fsmash a little but i get no complaints.if i did i wouldnt care. verse a good toon link and they will be more annoyed with projectile spam.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Lasers are easily powershielded/reflected/absorbed. A man of great standing once said, "No Johns".

mith132

Smash Apprentice

"You're so campy"

They're probably just making excuses for themselves. Also (assuming that you are campy), if these people can't counter your blaster spammy playstyle, then they don't deserve to talk at all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I give my (Wolf main) crew mate crap all the time about it, but it's all in good fun.
/randompost

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
If Wolf's laser helps you win the match then that's what you use. It's not tough to spot dodge and and doesn't take all that much damage either (4-5% each shot I believe). A lot of characters have tough moves to fight against anyways such as Diddy's bannas or Pit's arrows for example so Wolf's lasers shouldn't be something disputable. I battle a friend who mains Wolf all the time and that laser always eats me up but I don't complain about it and instead try to find ways around it. As a Yoshi main my Wolf friend hates it when I'm tossing eggs at him during his recovery. Your friends just gotta get better at defending it or put up with it.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I used to hear these excuses quite a bit for the first few months of Brawl’s release. What I would do is just say “No Johns “ to them and they would most likely keep their mouth shut. Spamming and camping isn’t against the law, you whiners. It’s either you beat them and improve your skills and yourself or stop whining. It’s just a game.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't hear that unless I'm doing intentionally to force my opponent to find a way to deal with it. Seriously, anyone who complains about a wolf spamming just needs to learn the matchup, it really shouldn't work as well as some people like to make it seem.

:059:

Top Bottom