• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who wants more FE reps?

Instant Barber

Smash Rookie
Looks don't have anything to do with brawl inclusion...

Especially since the vast majority of FE lords have blue hair... and all wear capes...
I know that it doesn't have anything to do with inclusion, I'm just saying that's why some people say it would be stereotyping. However, just because a lot of lords have blue hair and capes, doesn't mean all FE characters do - just most of the ones that are viable choices. The only real counterexamples I can think of are Ephraim and Hector (no cape, a lot bulkier), but yeah, neither of them are terribly likely. Like I said, I wouldn't terribly mind Sigurd, I would just be a little disappointed in the monotony.

tl;dr, I was just clarifying a point of view.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Sigurd I say has a chance simply because he was going to be in melee... or Sakurai apparently wanted him...

He's the most popular character in Japan besides Ike...

I would be satisfied with 2 FE reps... as Ike and Marth are perfect... but... one more would be nice... we'll just have to wait and see...

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I dunno i might have to agree with you guys for more FE reps but, i never heard of fire emblem until melee came out with roy and marth. And i still haven't played a FE game so i might be inclined to agree and give the series more popularity

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't see why anyone wants Marth back, this is a opinion.

My opinion: Micaiah 4 Brawl!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Doubtful, since Lyn was made into an AT. I guess it's still possible, but whatever character is chosen will have a large Japanese fanbase and a small worldwide fanbase more than likely. Lyn had the largest fanbase (worldwide at least) of any GBA game.

Basically that is my thought. It's such a poor representation of the series as a whole to just have three sword users, when a sword is only one of many types of weapons in the game. Would be easier if we could look at FE candidates that were not lords, but I think it's safe to say only lords would get in since none of the other characters represent their games much.

That doesn't change the fact she is the title character of the game, not Ike. Heck, if you use that logic you could say there was no real star in FE10. Same goes for FE7... lot of co-starring going on there.

Only looking at lords, who, besidse Ike and Marth, had a major role in more than one game (not counting brief dialog appearances AFTER the credits, yes, I am talking about you ROY.)

I don't see how Sigurd, Ephraim, Roy, heck, any lord other than Marth and Ike would out prioritize her.
Marth can beat Micaiah for the 2nd FE Brawl spot easily. You know, he's the first Lord, he's **** popular in japan, and also, he's starring the 11th game in the series. He has done a lot more than Micaiah did.

However, I do agree with the other people. And say, what problem do you have with characters making cameos?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
2 is enough ike representing newer games and marth representing older games after all it was a japan only franchise for so long and isn't considered a major franchise anywhere else except japan

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Here is my list of the 4 FE reps I think should get in.

Ike
Marth
Macaiah
Sigurd

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'll let you know when people start to care.
That's not the first time I've seen you say that.

I don't think he cares if you care, lol.

Marth for Brawl!

If Roy could return (with a new moveset) I'd love that, too.

Thank you man scrap marth we already have Ike and he Pwns
Yeah sure, even though he's the face of Fire Emblem and is getting a remake on the DS in the future.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Miciahia, Marth and if i choosed the roster Brom (while not a main character)

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I agree there should be 3 FE reps. If Marth returns and Roy gets cut, the third rep better not be a sword user... Micaiah has a pretty good chance I guess. Personally, I would love it if Ephraim made it, even as an AT (just because my name is Ephraim :p)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Who knows... maybe roy will make it back... then almost everyone will be eating their words lol...

perhaps the third will be completely WTF... like Merlinus or something :laugh:

EPX2

Smash Ace
Thank you man scrap marth we already have Ike and he Pwns
Yeah, man! I agree completely. Also, scrap Luigi, we already have Mario! Don't forget about Ganondorf, we have Link! Why stop there, let's get rid of Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, we already have Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
there should be 3 to 4 reps
personally i dont think we have enough swordsmen i see ike as the only true swordsmen
next is link but he uses bows and bombs u know
MK and pit thete swords r like daggers it really doesnt help there range that much and if so very slightly and if u compare f smash fox will have more range than both MK and pit

my fav FE character has to be stefan but there is a -200% that'll he'll be in
marth should return maybe roy and both should get a new A atk movset maybe play around with the specials
miciaha (idk how to spell it right now) would be wierd also she did not play a huge role
and honestly i no the BK didnt have a major (but then he kinda did) but FE brawl reps NEED a villain
and the FE seris will cover all needs for a swordsmen down to
light(marth)
meduim(roy)
heavy(ike)
superheavy(BK)

all ur swordsmen :)

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
I think there should 4 Fire Emblem Characters since Mario got 5 in Melee and no Matter if they gave Yoshi and DK a different symbol they are still recurring characters in the Mario Games so that goes for 7 Characters.

They Should Be:

Marth: Since the FE symbol is his Sword, The Falchion, I Suppose he's the FE Boss, Besides he's getting a DS game soon.

Ike: He's in, I like him, I own FE IX and it's pretty cool, Need to play FE X though.

Sigurd: We need a representative of arguably the best FE game made for a console, It's not my favorite game but it's one of the best so I think we Need someone from that Kingdom.

4th I can't decide, I want Roy to comeback but I like Eliwood the most, We also need an Axe wielding character like Hector but Women are lacking in Brawl and Lyn's an AT so that leaves us with Micaiah because Eirika Sucks.:ohwell:

EPX2

Smash Ace
I think there should 4 Fire Emblem Characters since Mario got 5 in Melee and no Matter if they gave Yoshi and DK a different symbol they are still recurring characters in the Mario Games so that goes for 7 Characters.
Except for the fact that Mario series is Nintendo's most popular and lucrative franchise. And the fact that Donkey Kong isn't a character from the Mario series since, you know, Mario actually got his debut in a Donkey Kong game. And the fact that Donkey Kong is only recurring in the Mario spinoff games - NOT the canon games. And the fact that Sakurai doesn't consider Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong to be part of the Mario universe*, thus why they received their own symbols, rendering that "they're still Mario characters!" argument invalid. And the fact that characters shouldn't be added just because another franchise has/had a certain number of characters.

* as far as Smash is concerned

That's quite honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've read today.

Anyway, I think that three is sufficient for FE. It's not a major Nintendo franchise, regardless of the impression you may get from its number of games, so I don't see why it should receive an above-average amount of representation.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
lol... there have been too many mario universe arguments in the past... this is FIRE EMBLEM...

anyway...

I'm holding my three guesses at :

and

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Marth can beat Micaiah for the 2nd FE Brawl spot easily. You know, he's the first Lord, he's **** popular in japan, and also, he's starring the 11th game in the series. He has done a lot more than Micaiah did.

However, I do agree with the other people. And say, what problem do you have with characters making cameos?
1. Where did I say Micaiah had a better chance than Marth? If you read my post again, you will notice I actually said just the opposite of that.

Me said:
I don't see how Sigurd, Ephraim, Roy, heck, any lord other than Marth and Ike would out prioritize her.
Marth and Ike are the only two that have been playable in multiple games.

2. Where did I say I had a problem with cameos? I don't. However, a 2-3 line appearance that is post-credits (basically, the lead in to the next game in the story) does not give a character any sort of advantage over another character. That is what I meant.

Smashybashy

Smash Apprentice
I want Ike, Marth, and Micaiah. I choose Micaiah because we need more female charcters.

D

Deleted member

Ike, Marth, Ephraim. That's a good variation of unique wielders and western friendly characters. Though with four reps it should include Micaiah or Hector.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
1. Where did I say Micaiah had a better chance than Marth? If you read my post again, you will notice I actually said just the opposite of that.
It actually seemed like Micaiah over Marth, my bad then.

2. Where did I say I had a problem with cameos? I don't. However, a 2-3 line appearance that is post-credits (basically, the lead in to the next game in the story) does not give a character any sort of advantage over another character. That is what I meant.
That doesn't means a thing for Roy, obviously, but for other reasons, he still could make it for Brawl obviously.

And I think the reason why he madea cameo, is nice, I mean, people would wonder for either Marth or Roy in the first world-wide FE being released, and Roy was shown. It's logic, but doesn't helps Roy for being in Brawl at all, I know it.

Now, I think I will add a few logic to the FE roster I want:

Actually, I think 3 characters would be fine, but 4 would be excellent. The status of characters would be:

Fast, Light and Weak: Marth

Balanced: Roy/Eliwood

Slow, Heavy and Strong: Ike

Fans choice: Sigurd/Micaiah.

I think it's a nice logic, I mean, having an even slower character than Ike... it would just work for the SSE, I mean, Petey Piranha was pretty slow at attacking, right? So, the Black Knight would do nice as boss. Specially if Ike is during a long time the first FE character in the SSE.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Except for the fact that Mario series is Nintendo's most popular and lucrative franchise. And the fact that Donkey Kong isn't a character from the Mario series since, you know, Mario actually got his debut in a Donkey Kong game. And the fact that Donkey Kong is only recurring in the Mario spinoff games - NOT the canon games. And the fact that Sakurai doesn't consider Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong to be part of the Mario universe*, thus why they received their own symbols, rendering that "they're still Mario characters!" argument invalid. And the fact that characters shouldn't be added just because another franchise has/had a certain number of characters.

* as far as Smash is concerned
That's quite honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've read today
Hahahaha Alright Mr. Ridiculous.:laugh:

Anyway I still think it should be 4-5 characters, Marth is the representative, Sigurd is the Fan's favorite and Micaiah is the much needed Girl. I think Eliwood deserves a Place by being in the first FE to come out in American but Who Knows.

Baufius

Smash Rookie
FE Characters

The problem with FE characters is they are all the same. Every picture I have seen of FE characters shows a warrior like person holding a sword. There isn't much you can do with those characters in a game like Brawl. The point of Brawl is the insane differences between the characters.

That said I would like to see a female FE character for once. Maybe if there is a cool female FE caster out there.

It would be cool if the FE franchise released its own sword-fighting game.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
You mean like a 2D fighter?

Cause I've been wanting one of those for a LONG time lol...

sigh... we can only dream for now...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I know Marth did have a good moveset and all but I want to play as a female mage instead of another male sword user

Delsait

Smash Rookie
The next Fire emblem character better not use a sword or be another lord. I want to see an axe or lance using character represented or one of the classic classes like knight or armor. It doesn't need to be a main charater either. As a matter of fact most Fire emblem main characters are basically the same.

Okysho

Smash Ace
The next Fire emblem character better not use a sword or be another lord. I want to see an axe or lance using character represented or one of the classic classes like knight or armor. It doesn't need to be a main charater either. As a matter of fact most Fire emblem main characters are basically the same.
that may be your personal preferance but be logical here. Think of the series as a whole that's what the main Fire Emblem Characters are like, hence the uniquness of Ike (since he's not a rapier-type using Lord) and why Marth is sure to return (the most popular, ruoccuring rapier-type using lord) fact of the matter is those two will be.are in the game for sure.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I really want another Fire Emblem Female Rep, a.k.a. Mia!! Micaiah!!!

Top Bottom