• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who plays Friendly Fire Off?

Mit

Smash Ace
Because they'll be another one to deal with that was on top of the other?
lulz, you don't seem to be getting his point.

While two Meta Knights **** someone with tornadoes, what is that person's teammate doing? Standing and watching? ILoveCelebi!!208 is trying to say your teammate should be able to prevent you from getting ***** by both Meta Knights at the same time.

If you're the only person left then sure. Although, it's entirely possible they could just get both players inside the tornadoes.

In any case, there's better Team-attack-off strategies than double tornadoes...

Jonas

Smash Champion
Friendly fire should be on. It prevents you from simply attacking left and right without any form of tactic, and you have to look out for your partner. It really emphazises cooperation and makes the game more fun to play.

Seriously, I just found out that friendly fire is on for competitive play. I have never heard that outside of here. Am I the only one who thinks friendly fire should be off.
I was at a small Nintendo event that also had a Brawl doubles tournament (nothing serious, pretty casual) and friendly fire was off. A team consisting of ROB og Wolf pretty much ***** everybody -___-

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Have it on for competitive play, but off for casual. If you're playing competitive team battles you gotta learn to watch out for you partner(s).

mafain

Smash Rookie
I find FF on makes for interesting play in casuals with friends who dont play often.

Team mate 1 "YUS i got a kill"
Team mate 2 "ARGH that was me you A$$!"

Good times

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If there's no one to play with and I don't feel like WIFI, Team Attack off against a couple high level CPUs makes for a good challenge... sometimes too good.

If I have one other person to play with, but they're not that experienced, Team Attack off against two high level CPUs makes for ridiculous combos and simple fun.

If I have a more experienced friend with me, I usually choose to go one-on-one.

If I have a group of more experienced players with me, its free for all or 2 vs 2 Team Attack on.

Its all fun if you ask me.

gm jack

Smash Lord
FF on does not stop some **** good combos coming out. It just means you actually need to know your spacing properly. You can get grabbed and have their team mate hit just you, but it requires spacing. You should not be able to use you team mate a a shield to throw out laggy attacks like Ike's Fsmash.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
When you have Team Attack off, you are basically playing two 1v1 matches simultaneously. You don't have to give a single thought as to where your teammate is; you just mindlessly attack whatever gets in your way.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Are you the only one that plays with friendly fire off, No. All it really is, is the preference of the individual players during casual play. Just like everything else is (Items, stages, etc.). I personally find that playing either way is fun.

But as it has been said before, for all of the above reasons, Friendly Fire has been agreed upon and is accepted by the majority to be set to ON during competitive play.

When the rule was fist created, I hated it. In fact many people hated it. But after playing with it for a while I found it to be just as fun, if not more fun, than playing with friendly fire off (Again, for all of the above reasons). My suggestion would be to try playing this way for a while (Friendly Fire ON), try to get use to it, adjust to it, and try to understand the reasoning to playing with it on. But as I said, it eventually just comes down to your individual preference.

Top Bottom