• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Always ban norfair, ALWAYS

ADHD

Smash Hero
I learned my lesson after losing to that stage in a tourney twice, DO NOT BE GAYED BY STUPID CHARS IN THAT PLACE

Why the **** is that allowed btw?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Norfair is essientially the perfect counterpick stage. It gives advantages to many characters and sucks for others. Teathers do well here and it's good take characters that rely a lot on ground control here.

Yes, this stage is not good for diddy.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
the last tourney i went to...norfair was the only stage i lost a game on...ended up winning anyway :D ...but yeah...ban it quickly if you can! lol

ADHD

Smash Hero
Oh and btw, people are catching on, use your ftilt more on punishing a naner trip, i've had my fsmash DI'd soooooo much and it sucks because it's my most reliable smash to rack up damage and save my dsmash for the kill.

The Cash Man 2

Smash Rookie
Why ban Norfair?

Any of that stages hazards are easily avoided or shielded, not to mention you can see them coming a mile away. Hence why it is not banned.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well since you lost I fought Blackwaltz Olimar instead and I beat him. =P

If you did beat him then I wouldn't have been able to fight and beat Blackwaltz.

You had him the first 2 matches though, you gave me confidence that I could beat him and I did.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well since you lost I fought Blackwaltz Olimar instead and I beat him. =P

If you did beat him then I wouldn't have been able to fight and beat Blackwaltz.

You had him the first 2 matches though, you gave me confidence that I could beat him and I did.
Yeah good stuff

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys! Norfair is not the bane that you should think at first glimpse!

Some notes:
-Side B to catch the platforms (say someone is camping top right, go mid plat then side B to edge).
-Peanut trajectory is PERFECT for this level.
-Smash banana throws have great arc
-Shuffled air's ****
-UP B when people are over platforms, this catches people off guard so often, espcially if they just reacted to a peanut/banana
-After you get a lead camp bottom center, keep one banana directly center and the other in hand, use your peanut gun to bait approaches.
-This level/this stuff doesn't really work against Pit. Stupid Pit's arrows/mobility.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Guys! Norfair is not the bane that you should think at first glimpse!

Some notes:
-Side B to catch the platforms (say someone is camping top right, go mid plat then side B to edge).
-Peanut trajectory is PERFECT for this level.
-Smash banana throws have great arc
-Shuffled air's ****
-UP B when people are over platforms, this catches people off guard so often, espcially if they just reacted to a peanut/banana
-After you get a lead camp bottom center, keep one banana directly center and the other in hand, use your peanut gun to bait approaches.
-This level/this stuff doesn't really work against Pit. Stupid Pit's arrows/mobility.
-nanerz, almost useless
-EVERYTHING diddy has < olimar
-Diddy on this stage < jiggz, meta, more

Imp

Smash Apprentice
I agree with AZ's post. I think your problem with Norfair is it requires you to play a little differently. I would suggest just practicing on it more, as the more you play it the more comfortable you are with it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Basically I use to always get screwed on Norfair/RC, but after practicing repeatedly and working on some level specific strats, I'm improved my win/ ration probably to around 60% (as opposed to like 0/10%). You are at a heavy disadvantage against some characters on these stages, but I don't think its worse then maybe 7-3 or 6-4 if you play it right.

DUB

Smash Lord
Basically I use to always get screwed on Norfair/RC,
I always ban RC over Norfair. Even though I don't like any of them.

Side Note: I've seen other character boards have stage discussion threads just like the matchup discussions. I think it would be beneficial if we had a weekly stage discussion so we could go in-depth about the pro's and con's of stages for Diddy.

Top Bottom