• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternating edgegrab? (A way to edgehog better?)

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Ever since I started playing I was looking for a way to get the ICs to alternate edgegrab (That is, Popo grabs edge, then Nana grabs the edge, then Popo etc..)

So I put some effort into it and here is what I found lately:

To start this, you need to get Popo on the edge while Nana is above him on the stage, the fastest way to do it is stand with both climbers near the edge, dash away from the edge then immediately dash to the edge (Like dashdance) and only Popo will drop down and grab it.

Now if you press B, Nana will try to iceblock but she will slide down to the edge (Iceblock will be canceled) and while she grabs it Popo will climb with a ledge attack. You can also Press B a little before Popo finishes grabbing the ledge (While Popo is lagging from grabbing the edge) and then climb up normally instead of with attack)

Status check: Popo is on the stage and Nana is on the edge

Now dash away from the edge and immediately dash to the edge and grab it (Dashing away should cause Nana to climb). You can also get her to climb with ledge attack if u press A or B a tiny bit before Popo finishes his own ledge attack.

I currently have no1 to test how effective this is.

As far as I know climbing with ledge attack "hogs" the edge for the longest time (Anyone have frame data?)

Discuss?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Fl_Skt538 (Only includes cycles of Popo ledge attack-Nana normal get up)
Nana float glitch started from both positions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQwy-0dM3U

Edit: Even if you can't get a true edgehog with this method, I still think that using the first "Cycle" should be rather effective - have Popo on the ledge and nana above it and when your opponent is close witih his upB or whatever, press B.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You probably wont get too many replies until after everyone returns from Pound but I like the idea of this. I'll wait and see what the others say though. I'm still relatively new to ICs.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
It also appears that you can start the Nana float glitch easily from both positions. Video added to first post.

Edit: Yeah, when Pound is over I wanna see what lain has to say, he was hyping us by saying he has some new stuff that he won't post until after pound.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Actually both of those are already known. A better way to edgeguard is bungie jumping (YouTube it I'm on my phone).

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Ledge Jump
Startup - 40
Invincibility - 1-15
IASA - 16
Duration - 84

Ledge Jump (100%)
Startup - 49
Invincibility - 1-19
IASA - 20
Duration - 88