• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Recovery

Staco

Smash Champion
I think I had a good alternative recovery startegie for GaW.
First cancel the hit lag (or directly up b out of hit stun for an extra upward boost).
Then parachute to the stage.
Short before the stage cancel the parachute with an aerial, then you can still use your second jump.

cutter

Smash Champion
Hitlag? What exactly are you talking about? Hitlag only happens when a hitbox makes contact with a hurtbox and you get that short delay before hitstun.

Being able to double jump after dropping your parachute has been known for a long time now. It does work really well; I used it in tournament against messiahfreak to prevent me from getting edgehogged (because I was coming back at a very awkward angle).

Neb

Smash Lord
I don't think an alternate recovery is necessary, G&W is already pretty much immune to gimping.
Its a nice mix-up, but it doesn't promise what bucket braking does.

Staco

Smash Champion
Its hard to recover against chars like MK from below. There this could be used.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't think an alternate recovery is necessary, G&W is already pretty much immune to gimping.
Try playing against M2K then get back with me. I used to think the same thing.

I really like this idea. Most people don't know that G&W can jump after his upB. I'm using this.

Noa.

Smash Master
Try playing against M2K then get back with me. I used to think the same thing.

I really like this idea. Most people don't know that G&W can jump after his upB. I'm using this.
Well, Neb did say "pretty much" immune. But yeah, G&W can get gimped, but only by over the top good players.

This way of recovering is useful for mixup against a good MK player.

Top Bottom