• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Costumes (Speculation and Wishlist)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Hi all, just wondering what you guys are thinking or hoping for Peach's alternate costumes. Personally, I want to see the Daisy one come back, but I also would like to see the Shadow Queen outfit from Project M to carry over as well!

I would kind of like to see the Biker Outfit from Mario Kart as well:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
The Shadow Queen costume is nice, but considering the fact that Japan doesn't take the Paper Mario series seriously (just look at how Sticker Star turned out in the hands of developers who didn't work on the previous games), I'd say Paper Mario references are not very likely.

I predict Peach's alt costume would be her Super Mario Sunshine appearance.

Nancyheart

Smash Rookie
Hi all, just wondering what you guys are thinking or hoping for Peach's alternate costumes. Personally, I want to see the Daisy one come back, but I also would like to see the Shadow Queen outfit from Project M to carry over as well!

I would kind of like to see the Biker Outfit from Mario Kart as well:

biker outfit all the way!!! list of costumes that would be awsome: everything she wore in sm3dw the winter outfit, the summer olympics costume, strikers costume, daisy's costume: shorter hair,shadow queen costume and finally some cameo costume....

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I would like her to have her Fire Peach and Boomerang Peach costumes, especially the latter even though I don't see it happening unfortunately. She's just so cool throwing boomerangs in her pink shell and she doesn't look fat unlike Mario.

urbandayz

Smash Rookie
I got bored and made this. (Fire Peach from SM3DW) I want them to have more fun with the Alts. Have her hair up and such and of course a proper Daisy Alt.
firepeach (1).jpg

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh my gosh, this is so pretty ! How did you do her ponytail ? It must have taken a lot of time, no ?

urbandayz

Smash Rookie
The ponytail is literally just the parts of her hair manipulated and blended together. It took a fair while to get it to sit naturally. :3 I'm glad you like it. :D

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The Shadow Queen costume would be really sick. If not, maybe a Nurse outfit?

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I want an alt. where she looks exactly like Daisy, same haircut and everything. Also wouldn't mind Peach wearing the dress she wore in Mario Sunshine

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Anything that is not a completely different character.
And BTW, that Fire Peach looks really cool!

fbs397

Smash Cadet
Different colors are a bit meaningless to me. I mean, they could have some kind of editor to let you change the color in any way you like.

About outfits, I would like to see something radically different than her normal gown, like her Mario Strikers outfit or her Mario Tennis/Mario Golf outfit.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
It's a pretty good outfit, though. Just like her costume from the old days, when she had red hair.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm down with Nurse, Fire Peach and Shadow Queen.

Just hope Sakurai is, because that Shadow Queen is too damn good.

fbs397

Smash Cadet
Is it just me, or does Rosalina look a lot better with red hair than Peach?

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the fire Peach costume, but perhaps with her long hair, not the ponytail. Peach's plain white scheme is a little dull, but it might look better in this game.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like the idea of NES Peach, but I like her blonde hair.

We need a black hair Peach with pale skin, and red eyes...

Either way please no more of that stupid Ponytail, the GCN era tortured us with that dreadful look and the sad thing is Mario Kart and Mario Tennis games still use it in which I wish they wouldn't because Peach is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, I like her even more than Daisy, but I hate that ponytail, I like her hair down, it looks more iconic, as with the Ponytail, all it does is remind me how much Mario Sunshine sucks and how Nintendo is still torturing Peach fans with that ponytail in Mario Kart and Mario Tennis.

Another thing, Peach is looking better than ever in Super Smash Bros for 3ds/Wii U, so therefore I think they need to bring back the more detailed Daisy costume from Melee.

Daisy Melee.png

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I like the idea of NES Peach, but I like her blonde hair.

We need a black hair Peach with pale skin, and red eyes...

Either way please no more of that stupid Ponytail, the GCN era tortured us with that dreadful look and the sad thing is Mario Kart and Mario Tennis games still use it in which I wish they wouldn't because Peach is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, I like her even more than Daisy, but I hate that ponytail, I like her hair down, it looks more iconic, as with the Ponytail, all it does is remind me how much Mario Sunshine sucks and how Nintendo is still torturing Peach fans with that ponytail in Mario Kart and Mario Tennis.

Another thing, Peach is looking better than ever in Super Smash Bros for 3ds/Wii U, so therefore I think they need to bring back the more detailed Daisy costume from Melee.

View attachment 8041
What's wrong with sunshine, yes it's not the big successor to 64, but that doesn't make it bad, it's just different

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
People dislike Mario Sunshine because they sucked at it. It was a good game that deviated from the norm. Plus Peach looked really good in that game.
That Daisy alt costume will never return, just like this won't...
peach_smb3.jpg

Even though I agree that Daisy's old costume looked far better.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

That kind of already did return, it's how she's supposed to look in every game.

See, I think she looks better than ever here and actually I usually use her default costume because I like Peach the way she is.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I still feel a Daisy alt wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, it's a different character. But it's another character that would fulfill the "WE NEED HER" comments. That being said, wouldn't mind the ponytail fire dress thing. That was pretty sick.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Rather keep Daisy an alt costume, we don't need a Peach clone.
But they could make a Daisy Alt costume where it changes Peach's hairstyle to Daisy's

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
She's Peach's daughter from a different dimension. Therefore a Princess.
And even if she wasn't a Princess still too many Mario females.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I wouldn't mind having Daisy playable, IF they actually give her another viable role in a Mario game that's not a spin-off, preferably a playable appearance, maybe in a Super Princess Peach 2 game. Until then, I'd just want a true Daisy alternate costume, complete with Daisy voice.

Other than that, I'd love to see the Fire Peach along with the ponytail. Surprised nobody has mentioned her Cat suit yet, though.

Top Bottom