• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Costumes CONFIRMED

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah but I don't think Nintendo is going to use any of the scrapped material they have. There's a reason why they scrapped it lol
it didn't look as good as the current one. lol

Not like it can't happen though. Especially since she's very limited in costume choices.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
I actually kinda prefer the male WFT model to the female, looks more human. Hopefully Sakurai includes an alternate voicepack for the male version, or it might become the creepiest challenger in Smash.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I actually kinda prefer the male WFT model to the female, looks more human. Hopefully Sakurai includes an alternate voicepack for the male version, or it might become the creepiest challenger in Smash.
And if they are going that far, a different set of voices for Pit's Dark Pit alt color would be much appreciated too.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
theres so many costumes that i want. both in game and possible future dlc sets would be cool as well. like say theres a DLC all themed around sports. DK with boxing gloves, Peach in figure skating attire, and any number of the other Mario characters in lets say Mario Strikers clothes. or maybe have one called armor clad that puts Ike in his Awakening armor, Samus in one of her many armors, Sonic in the excalibur armor or something. it could be really fun and something i hope they do.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If it's depressing to not like the idea of Smash characters wearing goony Halloween costumes, then so be it. Alternate costumes should be incredibly warranted (Wario, WFT, etc) and stay within canon.
Dry Bowser, Dr. Mario, Hatless Mario, Dr. Luigi, Mr. L, Strikers Mario, Strikers Luigi, Strikers Peach, Biker Peach, Biker Rosalina, Different outfits of fox, Male WFT, Female Villager, Helmetless Megaman, Female Pkmn Trainer, Shiny Pokemon...etc. are all canon and iconic.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I wonder when the Male Fit Trainer will receive a little bit of the spotlight that the Female Fit Trainer has captured for herself (the guy has become as forgettable as Olimar and his Pikmins at this point).

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I still don't understand how this confirms alt costumes. It's just a gender swap for a specific character.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I still don't understand how this confirms alt costumes. It's just a gender swap for a specific character.
Well WFT getting a gender swap means that there is a good chance Villager gets one too, considering AC is all about customization.
And if Villager does get a female alt, I bet its going to be this one:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
See that I can see, but other characters getting alts, I fail how that pic confirms that.

Dairz

Smash Ace
See that I can see, but other characters getting alts, I fail how that pic confirms that.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pokemon Trainer, those people can have alts because it all depends on the player what they look like. (or in WFT's case, which trainer they chose) Characters like Mario, Pit, or Link all have set looks that aren't determined by the player, from their respective games.

Morbi

Scavenger
It doesn't necessarily confirm alternate costumes for everybody, but I believe it is safe to assume that characters that have alternate costumes that are warranted will receive them, such as Wario and possibly Dr. Mario.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I think I need to see more from Sakurai before I buy into the rest MorbidAltruism. This thread title is very misleading.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think I need to see more from Sakurai before I buy into the rest MorbidAltruism. This thread title is very misleading.
That is certainly understandable, in fact, I am now beginning to question whether or not every character will receive an alternate costume. One would think it would be a logical premise, especially with knock-off games beginning to set a precedent for such. However, I am not entirely convinced that Sakurai will adhere to this standard. Some characters just aren't too alternate costume friendly, while others have far too many prominent designs to settle with just one. So consistency may be an issue.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I've seen the male wii fit trainer before but I don't know why some people think this does not confirm alternate costumes

I mean looking at the 2 they have the same fall poses (EXACTLY THE SAME)

But yes I can't wait to see some other alternate costumes confirmed someday

Dairz

Smash Ace
I've seen the male wii fit trainer before but I don't know why some people think this does not confirm alternate costumes

I mean looking at the 2 they have the same fall poses (EXACTLY THE SAME)

But yes I can't wait to see some other alternate costumes confirmed someday
Yeah, Mr. Fit is totally an alt, but that doesn't confirm alt costumes for anybody else. Wario was the only one to get a costume in Brawl, so its likely he'll have it again. The only other people I can really see having alts are Villager and Pokemon Trainer.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, Mr. Fit is totally an alt, but that doesn't confirm alt costumes for anybody else. Wario was the only one to get a costume in Brawl, so its likely he'll have it again. The only other people I can really see having alts are Villager and Pokemon Trainer.
This is Sakurai. Like Schroidinger's cat, it could be anything until we know 100%.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I hope some alt costumes are unlockable to put more variety in the game. I feel like some alt costumes like dark link, should be unlockable and instead of being an alt costume have a minor change to equipement and speed like a clone character but in the same character spot. So dr mario will play just like mario except with pills instead of fire balls.
For samus though
Dark Samus is unique enough to have its own spot but I'd be fine as an alt costume with minor changes. As long as it looks like it did in corruption.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is Sakurai. Like Schroidinger's cat, it could be anything until we know 100%.
I suppose it could be something else, I wouldn't necessarily assert that as the most logical proposition though. The costume being revealed on Halloween seems to be a direct allusion. Mr. Fit certainly isn't a playable character, as he doesn't have a character page. I suppose he could be some weird event in Classic/Adventure mode though.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
My list of realistic alternate costumes for Mario characters:
Mario: Dr. Mario, Capless Mario
Luigi: Dr. Luigi, Mr. L
Bowser: Dry Bowser, Meowser
Peach: (there's so many to choose from, Biker Peach, Nurse Peach, Striker Peach, etc.)
Rosalina: Biker Rosalina, Cosmic Rosalina (from SMG 2, Lumas could be cosmic-ish versions of the standard colors.)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I think everyone could have an alternate, just Sakurai and his team would have to get created or give them a unique color swap

Like G&W could have a tie-die costume, Ice Climbers could have a Mario and Luigi color swap, Marth could have a Link parody costume.

Then there could be just-out-of-the-shower Ganondorf (towel on head and waist) and Coolucas with piercings and tattoos
Okay that was just for funny's (:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Another idea, bring back previous designs.
fox: adventures, meele, assault.
i dont know that might be asking too much

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Well WFT getting a gender swap means that there is a good chance Villager gets one too, considering AC is all about customization.
Calling it now, I won't be surprised when Lucina is added in...
As an alt costume for Marth.

I see the possibility of DLC being aimed mostly at alternate costumes for characters, rather than completely new characters and features. Personally I'd be fine with cosmetic DLC as long as it's reasonably priced and the effort is put into to each offering.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman

Ummm, wouldn't it make more sense to have the female Villager from the box art of City Folk?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think the female Villager is going to be based on this simply because the male Villager is based on this, too...

Personally, I would have liked the female Villager to be based on Alice the Balloon Kid... simply because the Villager has the Balloon Fight recovery move...

Hairstyle

Red Ribbon

Overall Dress (recolor it red)

Bobby Socks

Mary Janes (recolor them red)

Dairz

Smash Ace
I think the female Villager is going to be based on this simply because the male Villager is based on this, too...
Hmm, that does make sense. I was going off the dialogue you do to get the male villager (AAB) and chose the female with AAB options.

Also, that Alice idea is sweet.

Top Bottom