• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate colors/costumes

Craxian

Smash Rookie
Im really likin the new one revealed today. Now all thats left is a "fire rosalina" one and I think she's good to go. (though biker would be nice)
A fire Rosalina would be pretty cool, but the biker outfit probably wouldn't work. In a few pictures and videos, it's shown she uses her dress for some attacks.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
Rosalina is probably gonna have a alternate costume most likely her biker outfit from MK8

Luminario

Smash Lord
Rosalina is probably gonna have a alternate costume most likely her biker outfit from MK8
That wouldn't really work that well. As Craxian said the dress is used for quite a few attacks (the whole cosmos under her gown thing was taken quite literally in Smash) plus the anti-gravity effect seems to be tied to her dress as well since in Mario Kart Wii and SM3DW Rosalina floats with the dress on but any other outfit has her on the ground.
Fire Rosi or Cosmic Spirit seems pretty likely though. I wouldn't really say she even needs an alt costume since she looks gorgeous in her regular attire anyway.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I agree the biker outfit wouldn't make sense or be necessary, but I would like to see it anyways.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been thinking if the leaked roster isn't the final one, there's one more clone left and (this is the important part) they were previously an alt costume in development, what potential alt could become their own fighter. We know Lucina was originally just a Marth costume for one thing.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I've been thinking if the leaked roster isn't the final one, there's one more clone left and (this is the important part) they were previously an alt costume in development, what potential alt could become their own fighter. We know Lucina was originally just a Marth costume for one thing.
Daisy, Kumatora, Impa, Galaxia Knight, Toon Zelda/Tetra and (a very doubtful) Hilda (TP styled or not). I don't really see ANOTHER clone from the Mario series, even if for once it doesn't clone Mario. Of course we might not even get another clone and those three are all we get.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I recreated all of Rosalina's palette swaps onto her high res official artwork with full transparency. You can find all of them here.

A couple of lower-res samples:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember trying to recolour her 5000x5000 render before as I wanted to make a cute "never gonna happen" alt, but the render was being a bit awkward in terms of selection precision and what not.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I remember trying to recolour her 5000x5000 render before as I wanted to make a cute "never gonna happen" alt, but the render was being a bit awkward in terms of selection precision and what not.
These were painstakingly masked. You'll never get good results just using the selection wand.

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
While I do enjoy the fact that all of her alternate colors are pretty and vibrant, I think that it would've been neat if they were a bit more... I dunno, "fancy"? They're kinda literally the same thing every time, aside from Fire Rosalina... D:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
While I do enjoy the fact that all of her alternate colors are pretty and vibrant, I think that it would've been neat if they were a bit more... I dunno, "fancy"? They're kinda literally the same thing every time, aside from Fire Rosalina... D:
I know, right? I was really hoping for a Cosmic Spirit alt.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I wish her red one looked exactly like my avatar. I love it when her or Peach have their hair up in pony tails, it's so cute. c:

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
In NashRiskin's Rosalina and Luma guide, he says "Luma respawns after waiting a set period of time (about 7-8 seconds). If Rosalina loses a stock then the current Luma vanishes and a new one respawns next to Rosalina when she returns to the stage. The Luma colors are aesthetic only."

And I guess that's that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . 7 . . . 8

They're all so beautiful!

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I love the colors, except for the green one. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, I just feel it's a little too close to her default, might get a little confusing with multiple Rosalinas, but whatever it works. My favorites are easily the Fire and White Mage costumes.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Aside from her default color, I also love her purple and white color, which I'll probably end up using it just as much as I'll be using her default.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Pink, Purple, Black, and White are my favorites. But she has some lovely alts in general. One thing I love about the eight alt thing, lots of more colorful alts, instead of the requisite green/red/blue alts and then a couple others.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know, right? I was really hoping for a Cosmic Spirit alt.

What makes it even more annoying is that the texture for that is literally on Rosalina:

But Sakurai thought it'd look better as a ****-clock than an alt. :V

Moderator Edit: Image URL change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom