• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate colors/costumes

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
like how PM did it? i feel like the should start adding in alt. costumes instead of just straight-up color differences. Wario was the start of that in Brawl, and seeing how well-received all the alt. costumes are in PM, Sakurai should think about adding in more alt. costumes. idk if Fire Peach and Fire Rosalina are gonna happen, but it should.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a statement that said there wouldn't be customized costumes. They were talking about player customization then, but they could have meant set costumes too.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would like to see original concept Rosalina as an alternate costume.

splat

Smash Lord
Some great recolors in this thread, but no-one seems to have mentioned a SMG2 concept art White dress, red hair young Rosalina inspired costume yet:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Cosmic Witch and her concept artwork from Galaxy are the only ones that come to mind.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
After seeing the photoshopped dresses, I can say that Rosalina pulls off any color dress. She's glorious.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think she should have.

Fire dress.
night sky blue
lush grass green
black with black hair
grand star yellow.

what do you guys think?

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
You know, since Peach is usually given a Dasy color scheme/costume in the smash series, why not give Rosalina a Paulina themed costume? Make her dress red and shorter, completely get rid of her sleeves, and make her hair a dark brown. that would be kinda cool, don't you think?

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Rosalina needs a Black dress that makes her resemble Cynthia from Pokemon D/P/Pla

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Color #1 - turquoise/white dress (default) (Blue Team)
Color #2 - all sparkly and dark (Cosmic Spirit)
Color #3 - apricot/black dress (THE Luma from the first Galaxy game)
Color #4 - black/blue dress (Polari)
Color #5 - purple/blue dress (Lubba)
Color #6 - red/white dress (Fire Rosalina) (Red Team)
Color #7 - light green/dark green + light green hair (Queen Merelda from Wario Land: Shake It!) (Green Team)
Color #8 - pink/white + dark blond hair (Peach)

andimidna

Smash Master
What I wish could happen:
Blue Luma: Changes her recovery into a pull star
Yellow Luma: Changes B to Starbits
Red Luma: Changes her recovery to flight
Green Luma: ???
Master Luma: Gives Rosalina a 3rd jump that spins as an attack as well
Polari: Changes Down B to force field
Co-Star Luma: Changes Side B to "hold and spin"- it launches forward to the closest opponent, and spin attacks.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
What I wish could happen:
Blue Luma: Changes her recovery into a pull star
Yellow Luma: Changes B to Starbits
Red Luma: Changes her recovery to flight
Green Luma: ???
Master Luma: Gives Rosalina a 3rd jump that spins as an attack as well
Polari: Changes Down B to force field
Co-Star Luma: Changes Side B to "hold and spin"- it launches forward to the closest opponent, and spin attacks.
what would just be too stressful and confusing in competitive play if her recovery changed with every luma.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If the colors aren't simply aesthetic (and I believe they are), I would expect them to have different stats like faster attacks, stronger attacks, faster movement, etc.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd want them to do what they actually do.
Blue Lumas turn into pull stars
Polari was a forcefield, and so does Rosalina
Master Luma gives you an extra jump, the spin jump
Red Lumas give you the Flying powerup
Co-star Lumas hold enemies and spin attacks them

None of them are stronger or faster

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I'd want them to do what they actually do.
Blue Lumas turn into pull stars
Polari was a forcefield, and so does Rosalina
Master Luma gives you an extra jump, the spin jump
Red Lumas give you the Flying powerup
Co-star Lumas hold enemies and spin attacks them

None of them are stronger or faster
I honestly think that would be impossible for Balance reasons, that like saying we make Olimar's yellow Pikmin throw Bob-oms suddenly

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I honestly think that would be impossible for Balance reasons, that like saying we make Olimar's yellow Pikmin throw Bob-oms suddenly
or make red pikmin breath fire, blue pikmin become fountains that assist in recovery,white pikmin laying pockets of poison on the battle field, and purples can be rolled.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll probably be good enough if the Luma colors are just aesthetics, so that way it won't alter Rosalina's approach methods too much.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I am personally sure they just have different colors, simply, with nothing special about them. ^^ It makes sense for the Pikmin to work differently (since they are different species), but the Lumas are only special in their colors (unless I've missed something). And I am happy with that. ^^

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I am personally sure they just have different colors, simply, with nothing special about them. ^^ It makes sense for the Pikmin to work differently (since they are different species), but the Lumas are only special in their colors (unless I've missed something). And I am happy with that. ^^
but all the luma's are different types of lumas hence the different colors doing different things in the Mario Galaxy games

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
but all the luma's are different types of lumas hence the different colors doing different things in the Mario Galaxy games
Does the Lumas actually do things in the Galaxy games, though? From what I can remember, they all do the same things, and mostly just talk to you.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Does the Lumas actually do things in the Galaxy games, though? From what I can remember, they all do the same things, and mostly just talk to you.
you should replay those games then :pichumelee:
but the yellow ones turned into launch stars, red ones gave you the abilities to fly, pink turned into planets if you gave them enough food, green turned into the challenge mode galaxies, and blue into pull stars

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
you should replay those games then :pichumelee:
but the yellow ones turned into launch stars, red ones gave you the abilities to fly, pink turned into planets if you gave them enough food, green turned into the challenge mode galaxies, and blue into pull stars
I thought they all turned into Launch Stars. :/ Also, the Pink ones doesn't Count, they were 'Hungry Lumas', right? They were bigger and clearly not any of the Lumas Rosalina uses. ^^ Also, did Blue ones actually turn into that? Didn't they just hang out near them at the start to explain them?

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I thought they all turned into Launch Stars. :/ Also, the Pink ones doesn't Count, they were 'Hungry Lumas', right? They were bigger and clearly not any of the Lumas Rosalina uses. ^^ Also, did Blue ones actually turn into that? Didn't they just hang out near them at the start to explain them?
yah the blue ones did turn in to pull stars

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
so i did a thing
Rosalina_SSB4-Red.png
So I was going to make an entire series of re-colors, but i kind of lost interest after making this one. I wanted to make the star patterns on her dress stick out more, be something unique and different. I made the outfit white and red, like her Fire Form in 3D World. One other idea I got is that, since her eyes are the same color as her dress, I made her eyes red along with her dress. I was planning on doing that with all her recolors I was gonna do, but lost interest.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Biker Rosalina with a wand just sounds weird, no thanks.

And seeing what happened to samus over the years, it's unnecessary to emphasize more tight clothing

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Biker Rosalina with a wand just sounds weird, no thanks.

And seeing what happened to samus over the years, it's unnecessary to emphasize more tight clothing
I don't think it's as tight as zero suit samus but what's the problem with the biker outfit and a wand plus with the mario kart emphasis in her trailer I think it could work

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Even if we got like Zero Suit Rosalina, I doubt my thoughts on her would change that much and would probably still like her just the same.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I didn't say it was like the zero suit. Her biker suit isn't really sexualized at all, it's fine! The actual problem I have with it is that it's just not fitting here. Biker attire is used for racing, but here it barely makes any sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom