• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate colors/costumes

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I didn't say it was like the zero suit. Her biker suit isn't really sexualized at all, it's fine! The actual problem I have with it is that it's just not fitting here. Biker attire is used for racing, but here it barely makes any sense.
Quoted for truth. Even if dresses don't exactly go well with a fighting title, Rosalina is better off wearing a dress over a biker outfit, as the former is much more mainstream.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Plus, doesn't her dress cause some of her aerial attacks? I don't think she'll be able to have an alt without a dress. Only choice is for her Shadow Spirit form in Galaxy 2. Regardless, she doesn't even need a costume, her dress is fine with different colors because she's new.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Since Peach has a Daisy color I'd like to see Rosalina get a Pauline color.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just had the single best idea.

Daisy & Baby Daisy.
With Daisy over Rosalina, and Baby Daisy over Luma.

Boom.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I got a good one.

White Mage from Mario Hoops 3 on 3, its a color scheme, therefore its not exactly White Mage, so therefore Square has no say on this one because in the end of the day it will be just Rosalina with pink hair and a white and red dress.

D

Deleted member

I would personally love to see the Cosmic Rosalina design, I wouldn't be surprised if some of her other colors have hair color as well as dress color changes like what they did with Brawl Zelda.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
There still is the unanswered question- "Will the different colored Lumas have different properties?" If they do, then I don't see the Lumas changing color between palettes, it'd be too much to memorize.

Though the Cosmic Spirit still is my most wanted costume in the game. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Here is what I want:
-Basic color scheme
-Reddish-pink dress
-Light blue dress
-Golden/yellow dress
-Purple dress, with blue details (inspired by Lubba)
-White dress, with orange hair (inspired by young Rosalina)

All of those + the cosmic spirit as an alternate costume would be ideal for me.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would guess her color swaps would likely have to be based on different power-ups in 3D World. Y'know, Fire Flower for the Red team. A black dress kind of like the Cat-suit. Hell, there might even be a brown one, based on the Tanuki suit.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Seriously, I CAN'T believe everyone who chose her at the tournament left her standard attire -___- Did no one change her outfit to see what other colors she has?!

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I CAN'T believe everyone who chose her at the tournament left her standard attire -___- Did no one change her outfit to see what other colors she has?!
I did see a yellow one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I saw red gown, yellow gown, green gown, and pink gown across various videos.

Last edited:

Hot Kaarl

Smash Rookie
No black dress in her wardrobe that I saw.. At least not in the demo build :\

Her colors were gentle pastel shades. Her standard cyan, a sea foam green (very similar to her regular), and an apricot orange were the ones I remember.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
I recorded a video of all of her alt costumes in the character select screen. Should I upload it?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Someone at my Best Buy used the pink Rosalina costume and I probably could've taken video footage, too. Sorry, I completely forgot I could, lmao. Though I personally think her Gold costume is the best; I used that. Her colors are pretty bright, tho.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So no black dress alt I take it? Oh well...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
We don't know. All characters in the demo only had 4 colors. I assume these aren't all the colors and it's just for demo purposes. We'll have to wait until the final release.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not all palette swaps were available though, especially when you've taken note that Wire Frame Mac wasn't an option to use. I'm quite sure that almost everyone will get their 6 palette swaps once the game is close to its release date.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I want Rosalina with a ponytail hairstyle. Not necessarily with a red dress to be Fire Rosalina, just... a ponytail, please.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Confirmed Colors: Normal (Blue Team), Pink (Red Team?), Gold, Mint Green (Green Team).

Do you think there will be more?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I expect Cosmic/Black and something else. 6 colors for everyone (not counting alts) sounds appropraite.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
White dress and pinkish orange hair from the story book. I would use that one every time.

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Now that people have gotten the chance to play Rosalina and Luma, does anyone have any information on Luma and its color changes?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I think if the color mattered, we would've heard about it by now.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
I don't think that the colors will make a difference unless stated. For now, colors having different abilities are only rumors.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Im really likin the new one revealed today. Now all thats left is a "fire rosalina" one and I think she's good to go. (though biker would be nice)

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't feel like they have anything different between them, however, if they do, here's how I think it would go:

Yellow - all around, basic Luma

White - slightly stronger and quicker attacks, yet slightly less durable

Blue - lighter (launched farther and floatier) and faster

Red - stronger yet slower attacks

Green - slightly more durable yet slower

Metal - heaviest and most durable, yet slowest

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What about that black luma with blue eyes that was rosalinas advisor? I doubt he will be a part of the move set, but what if?
Polari? I think people actually spotted him. Didn't seem to do anything special though.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
It'll probably be good enough if the Luma colors are just aesthetics, so that way it won't alter Rosalina's approach methods too much.
i mean there has got to be a difference in getting regular yellow luma & the full metal luma
when bill played as rosalina & luma, i remember him getting happy that he summoned a metal luma
so there HAS to be a difference
:rosalina:

andimidna

Smash Master
So far the only difference is the Metal Luma (AKA what was actually the Luma that was rumored to be Polari in the demo) is the strongest Luma. Looked like a tank, dang. I wonder if it's the least common.

As for the rest, we'll have to wait and see. If they have differences, they're much less noticeable. Smaller differences.

Top Bottom