• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alt costumes for Pikachu

With the gender swap Wii Fit Traner and Villager I think the female Pikachu is a likely bet and makes the most sense

Though a hilarious little touch would be "crossdreassing" Pikachu.

[collapse= "crossdressing" Pikachu"]
[/collapse]

Also, do you think if Pikachu has a female alt should the hats she wears be different hats then the male (bows, ribbons, Female trainer hats, ect) or do you think that's too much work?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I can see Pikachu having a female tail. It would not be that hard of a task to accomplish for the animators to make.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The hats are cool. If Jigglypuff has to return she can have the female trainer hats.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirate outfit from Project M; but more detailed. Fit the hat better, give Pikachu an eye-patch, maybe even a Pirate coat. Day 1 main.

thegreatpike

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-2943-8529
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirate outfit from Project M; but more detailed. Fit the hat better, give Pikachu an eye-patch, maybe even a Pirate coat. Day 1 main.
An eye-patch on Pikachu would be great, but instead of the pirate hat, I would prefer the Big Boss style.

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
I think we should get a classic Pikachu alt costume (Chubby Pikachu). I prefer the new the design, but for people who like the old one, there's that option to use it. This is taking in mind that they keep the same hurtbox and any other relevant thing in both versions.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Pikachu doesn't have any gender differences, so I think that classic "chubby" Pikachu would be the way to go. I would never have thought of that, actually, but it fits Pikachu surprisingly well. :p

I think that these would be good alternate character designs (like we have seen in past games, not alternate costumes altogether) which, while it could seem kind of awkward walking around, could be pretty funny! :p

Yep. Flying and surfing Pikachu. These have been around since Pokémon Yellow, and I believe are accessible in every generation since sans Gen 5. They also feature in games such as Pokémon Dash and PokéPark, and the costumes actually lend quite a lot to the history of Pikachu. I just wish that they would get some kind of representation -- if an alternate design would be too awkward, even a trophy of the two of them would do.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Pikachu doesn't have any gender differences, so I think that classic "chubby" Pikachu would be the way to go. I would never have thought of that, actually, but it fits Pikachu surprisingly well. :p

I think that these would be good alternate character designs (like we have seen in past games, not alternate costumes altogether) which, while it could seem kind of awkward walking around, could be pretty funny! :p

Yep. Flying and surfing Pikachu. These have been around since Pokémon Yellow, and I believe are accessible in every generation since sans Gen 5. They also feature in games such as Pokémon Dash and PokéPark, and the costumes actually lend quite a lot to the history of Pikachu. I just wish that they would get some kind of representation -- if an alternate design would be too awkward, even a trophy of the two of them would do.
Pikachu does have a gender difference, it is in the original post. Instead of a lightning bolt tail, she has a heart tail. So cute!

jigglover

Smash Lord
It's Smash's Pikachu, not Ash's Pikachu. It just represents the franchise and not really any specific part of it, you know?

Smash...Ash...SmAsh?!
Of course, however it's safe to assume that smash's Pikachu is like... Ash's Pikachu's brother or something.

Basically, it's a boy.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna come out and bellow it at the top of my lungs:
PIKACHU'S CONTINUITY IS UP TO THE PLAYER!
In my headcanon, Smash Pika is Ash's Pika. And Pichu's older brother.
In someone else's headcannon, he's Red's Pika.
In Everyone on Fanfiction save for myself's headcanons, Pikachu is an original character who is a self-absorbed jacka-................. DONKEY, who only cares about being the center of attention. (*Death glares at other fanfiction authors*)
However, no matter what headcanon you have, one thing is true; Smash Pika is a boy. Just look at his perfect lightning bolt tail!

Last edited:

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
I suspect they are not gonna put that much effort to alternate costumes since most of the alternate costumes we've seen have been repaintings of the original designs. The only one that they actually gave an actual alternate costume to was little mac and that was the hoodie from his intro anyway. So with that being said I decided to make some alts for Pikachu just by repainting his original design.

It was actually kinda difficult to make alts for Pikachu without adding any accessories, but I somehow managed to come up with 4 alts that I believe are possible.

Just in case you guys need more detail on the designs.

1. Marill - The reason I picked this design, is because Marill used to be called "Pikablu" for a little while since it resembled Pikachu a bit. I even remember my friend telling me there was a secret legendary called Pikared lol.

2. Ditto Pikachu- There was an episode in the anime where a Ditto couldn't transform completely into other pokemon and it kept that silly face. When it met Ash's Pikachu it transformed into this. Ive seem some Pokemon cards that also use this design for Ditto. I'm not entirely sure about this design since you would have to animate the eyes and mouth and it seems Namco wouldn't make that effort.

3. Pokemon Red, Green and Blue Pikachu- I tried to imitate the same design of Pikachu when you played Pokemon Red, Green or Blue with the Super Gameboy, so you could say this is a kind of retro Pikachu.

4. Raichu- I know a lot of people who prefer Raichu over Pikachu so this design will give them Raichu, sorta.

Original Design- http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/pikachu/main.png

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hard rock, Mask, and Idol
Pikachu would be great additions!

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Pikachu deserves more than just three alternate costumes. The basic red, blue and green colours are getting too boring. Every other Pokemon character (aside from Pichu and Mewtwo in Melee) has had more than three alternates, so the mascot for the Pokemon franchise needs more than it already has.
Plus the possibilities for alternate skins for Pikachu are endless, I have no idea why they havn't used them.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu Pop Star would be so perfect as the female alternate costume :3

Pikachu Rock Star

Pikachu Belle

Pikachu Ph. D

Pikachu Libre
Note that all of these cosplaying Pikachu are female.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I want all of them, they're all amazing. I hope in OR/AS other pokemon can cosplay too, we need charizard with a bowtie, tophat and monocle in smash

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I suspect they are not gonna put that much effort to alternate costumes since most of the alternate costumes we've seen have been repaintings of the original designs. The only one that they actually gave an actual alternate costume to was little mac and that was the hoodie from his intro anyway. So with that being said I decided to make some alts for Pikachu just by repainting his original design.

It was actually kinda difficult to make alts for Pikachu without adding any accessories, but I somehow managed to come up with 4 alts that I believe are possible.

1. Marill - The reason I picked this design, is because Marill used to be called "Pikablu" for a little while since it resembled Pikachu a bit. I even remember my friend telling me there was a secret legendary called Pikared lol.

2. Ditto Pikachu- There was an episode in the anime where a Ditto couldn't transform completely into other pokemon and it kept that silly face. When it met Ash's Pikachu it transformed into this. Ive seem some Pokemon cards that also use this design for Ditto. I'm not entirely sure about this design since you would have to animate the eyes and mouth and it seems Namco wouldn't make that effort.

3. Pokemon Red, Green and Blue Pikachu- I tried to imitate the same design of Pikachu when you played Pokemon Red, Green or Blue with the Super Gameboy, so you could say this is a kind of retro Pikachu.

4. Raichu- I know a lot of people who prefer Raichu over Pikachu so this design will give them Raichu, sorta.

So I'm really late to this party, but these are all fantastic and should definitely be real things.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Pikachu Rock Star

Pikachu Belle

Pikachu Ph. D

Pikachu Libre
I think libre is most likely though since it wouldn't change the hitboxes although I would love pop star

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Heavy from TF2 would be a good costume for Pikachu.
Or Jigglypuff, they both have tons of Hats, Miscs and other Cosmetics.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
With these Pokecontest pics, Female Pikachu in any of those costumes would be great! I'd definitely take Popachu. MOAR GURLZ EN SMASH GAIZ! :p haha

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
Would love to see some female pikachu costumes or some full costume changes
But I mostly need the goggles so my pikachu can see underwater (he doesn't need them over his eyes cuz swag)

ZackTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZackTheGreat
3DS FC
4227-2410-9609

<snip>
I really want all of these except the Ditto one, but I REALLY want that Raichu repaint. It looks really cool with all the color choices that Smash 4 has.

Edit: Formatting

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I've spent days watching the Indigo League, searching for good Pikachu costumes.

Why, oh WHY has no one brought this classy ****** up yet?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

That Gameboy colored Pikachu is so freaking legit dude. Kind of wish I thought of that. Maybe a Black and White color based on Emolga.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
well other than the usual hats we see on him we can get ditto pikachu i mean gamefreak knows it's adorable creepy but still adorable(they actually have plushes) truth be told all the smash pokemon should get a ditto costume

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
why are they all female? I have nothing against girls, but only female Pikachu are dressed up here? Not even a bowtie for a boy? Is this even something for Pokemon X and Y?
Not a female Pikachu. Cosplay Pikachu is confirmed to be a Unique Specimen, a star on the contest circuit in ORAS. But we've seen the Pikachu we'll be getting in Sm4sh... and this is not it. :crying:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Not a female Pikachu. Cosplay Pikachu is confirmed to be a Unique Specimen, a star on the contest circuit in ORAS. But we've seen the Pikachu we'll be getting in Sm4sh... and this is not it. :crying:
It's not a unique specimen. It's a new Pikachu form. So, it's still Pikachu.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Pikachu Rock Star

Pikachu Belle

Pikachu Ph. D

Pikachu Libre
Those costumes are unbearably cute. Especially the pop star pika. If these costumes make it to smash then I might have to play Pikachu more often.

Top Bottom