• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alt costumes for Pikachu

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
Wow that gameboy pikachu is amazing. I would rock that all the time. I also would like the blue pika and one with a nice outfit. Mix it up a little with skin color for a few and outfit for one.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
If they make a female Pikachu alt, it should be Cosplay Pikachu from ORAS. If so, Pikachu Libre would be the easiest to model. It would also be genre appropriate, right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Luchador Pikachu would be cool. Though I doubt it'll happen.

We have one where Pikachu wears Red's hat. And the Green Bandanna looks like Brendan's hat in Pokemon Emerald. So maybe he can have another costume that represents the trainers. Maybe Gold's black and yellow Baseball cap.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think the remakes were far enough along to bring in cosplaying Pikachu alts.

Which is a shame, because those would be awesome options. Definitely get my vote for inclusion to the DLC costume pack.

I suspect they are not gonna put that much effort to alternate costumes since most of the alternate costumes we've seen have been repaintings of the original designs. The only one that they actually gave an actual alternate costume to was little mac and that was the hoodie from his intro anyway. So with that being said I decided to make some alts for Pikachu just by repainting his original design.

It was actually kinda difficult to make alts for Pikachu without adding any accessories, but I somehow managed to come up with 4 alts that I believe are possible.

Just in case you guys need more detail on the designs.

1. Marill - The reason I picked this design, is because Marill used to be called "Pikablu" for a little while since it resembled Pikachu a bit. I even remember my friend telling me there was a secret legendary called Pikared lol.

2. Ditto Pikachu- There was an episode in the anime where a Ditto couldn't transform completely into other pokemon and it kept that silly face. When it met Ash's Pikachu it transformed into this. Ive seem some Pokemon cards that also use this design for Ditto. I'm not entirely sure about this design since you would have to animate the eyes and mouth and it seems Namco wouldn't make that effort.

3. Pokemon Red, Green and Blue Pikachu- I tried to imitate the same design of Pikachu when you played Pokemon Red, Green or Blue with the Super Gameboy, so you could say this is a kind of retro Pikachu.

4. Raichu- I know a lot of people who prefer Raichu over Pikachu so this design will give them Raichu, sorta.

Original Design- http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/pikachu/main.png
I'll comment on the other post in a minute, but this right here is awesome. Raichu and Marill especially. Great job. Ditto Pikachu needs to be a thing. Hell Ditto versions of all the Pokemon needs to be a thing. Why isn't this already a thing?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'll comment on the other post in a minute, but this right here is awesome. Raichu and Marill especially. Great job. Ditto Pikachu needs to be a thing. Hell Ditto versions of all the Pokemon needs to be a thing. Why isn't this already a thing?
Why restrict it to only Pokémon?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't think the remakes were far enough along to bring in cosplaying Pikachu alts.

Which is a shame, because those would be awesome options. Definitely get my vote for inclusion to the DLC costume pack.
I don't think so, these games have probably been in the planning stages for a long time

Yes. Everything except the derpy face. 'Twould be awesome.
If they went all out with him instead of just making him a random character generator, they could use the "derpy face" when he takes a hit. Kind of like he's loosing focus and slipping. Yelling his name when he's sent flying would be a nice touch as well, maybe even have him turn back into a Ditto when he's star KO'd.

Really have no idea how this isn't a thing. It's a relatively simple thing to do and gives the random character generator some personality.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well if they go that route I would rather have Ditto playable as Smash Bros. version of Mokujin. Transforming before the fight and during the victory screen.
If they went all out with him instead of just making him a random character generator, they could use the "derpy face" when he takes a hit. Kind of like he's loosing focus and slipping. Yelling his name when he's sent flying would be a nice touch as well, maybe even have him turn back into a Ditto when he's star KO'd.

Really have no idea how this isn't a thing. It's a relatively simple thing to do and gives the random character generator some personality.
You just reminded me that I made a ditto support thread back in 2012.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-random-character-rep-ditto-for-ssb4-thread.325724/

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I want that Raichu alt so much, you have no idea. The retro look is also great.

I definitely need the red trucker hat/shiny back, but anything else woud be fine. Personally, I'd like to have at least one recolor since :4lucario::4greninja::4charizard: get recolors instead of hats.

That would be awesome. Yeah that'll screw the hitboxes, but still...that'd be fun

Last edited:

Asteiri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-4598-6259
Honestly, my true hope for Smash 4 is a female Pikachu alternative costume. Or at least a few of those new cosplay Pikachu outfits.

Specifically the rockstar Pikachu, because it's awesome.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Why not the greatest pikachu of all?
Sparky

Would probably be hard to differentiate from the other Pikachu's, but oh well

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, so 8 alts confirmed for every character. We have confirmation that Pikachu will have Red's hat, the goggles, and the green bandana. So thats 4 more left...Do you think it's actually possible they have a female pikachu with those same exact outfits?

Or, maybe if they do throw in a female pikachu, they could include new hats more fitting for a female. It's possible at least. I don't know how to feel about it unless I actually saw how Sakurai would choose to handle it. It could lead to some adorable hats if thats the case. :p

Maikou

Smash Ace
Since the Brawl alts are returning, I'd say we hope for a female Pikachu with hats that contrast to the male Pikachu's. For example, since Pikachu wears Red/Ash's hat and Brandon's headband/bandana, I'd say give the girl the female trainer's hat from the remake and May's bandana. as for the goggles, well, I don't know. You know, a female Pikachu in Smash Hall would actually help the Bandana Brigade's anti-generic arguments.........

And also, Sakurai's team is being lazy, so we can't expect any real "costumes" for Pika beyond hats, just saying. Seriously, why didn't they at least remove the freaking hat with Link.......ugh......Or give us the REAL Fusion Suit! argh!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Luchador Pikachu should be easy to pull off. Just put in some minor tweaking with the tail. The rest will more or less work like a texture change.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've heard that in the Japan demo, Pikachu has: Gold/Ethan's hat, the Party hat, and Callum's (XY Protag) hat, with shades.

If we can get some visual confirmation of these, that'd be amazing, because I love Gold's hat so much.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've heard that in the Japan demo, Pikachu has: Gold/Ethan's hat, the Party hat, and Callum's (XY Protag) hat, with shades.

If we can get some visual confirmation of these, that'd be amazing, because I love Gold's hat so much.
I'm a personal fan of Callem's hat myself even if others wanted to take it off. :p

Spirst

I've heard about Pikachu's party hat as well. Is there any more info on that?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've heard about Pikachu's party hat as well. Is there any more info on that?
What I see in Zipzo's info collection here is that we get Callem's hat, a fighter headband and Gold's hat. (God damn right we get Gold's hat, I'm so excited.)

I've also heard the party hat's back. Didn't Pika have only 4 in Brawl? It'd make sense if the party hat was the eight non-mentioned one, then.

Spirst

What I see in Zipzo's info collection here is that we get Callem's hat, a fighter headband and Gold's hat. (God damn right we get Gold's hat, I'm so excited.)

I've also heard the party hat's back. Didn't Pika have only 4 in Brawl? It'd make sense if the party hat was the eight non-mentioned one, then.
Gold's hat is my favorite alt so far.

Yeah, Pikachu only had 4 in Brawl, annoyingly enough. I'm hoping the party hat is back.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Gold's hat costume, better be true, if it is, then it would be my main palette when I use this guy right here: :4pikachu:

Goten21

Smash Journeyman

Shades included? :OOOO That's amazing lol

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu With Sunglases...
:007::squirtle::4pikachu::squirtle::007:
That Is So Awesome, it Almost Makes Ups For No Squirtle With Sunglasses.

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Gold is my favorite Pokemon game, so hearing that Pikachu will have Gold's hat is pretty awesome.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
HeartGold is my favorite Pokemon game. Going to rock that Ethan hat. :DDD

PikminCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
pezz69
Dang I was really hoping they would have added a raichu alt costume for pikachu.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Gosh, we couldn't have ONE FREAKING female alt, could we?

Maybe a red ribbon alt like Melee Pichu, or a flower, or a bell on the tail; STOP HUMANIZING PIKACHU

Top Bottom