• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alola's Arboreal Archer - The Decidueye for Smash Thread (RIP the dream)

Seraphii

Smash Rookie
It's probably not gonna influence Ultimate but it's nice to know anyway.
Also I'm laughing now because everyone was saying that Decidueye lacks popularity in Japan because of that poll from February.
Yup and they also conveniently ignore the fact that rowlet is first on that same poll

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Shared from someone on 4chan. A poll in japan indicated decidueye and mimikyu r the top pokemons wanted for smash

https://s.inside-games.jp/article/2018/07/15/116161.html
That was a poll asking about which characters people thought were most likely, hence why Rex and Spring Man are in the top 5.

Anyway, just stopping by to look at the thread. I'm starting to be more open to the idea of Decidueye in Smash (mainly because it isn't Mimikyu). Wouldn't call myself a supporter just yet because there's two other Pokemon I'd like to see before the archer bird, but maybe you guys can change my mind over time.

D

Deleted member

Good too see some more support, both Decidueye, and Mimikyu's inclusions are not set in stone, heck they might get shafted, for Lycanroc dusk form. Honestly would be okay with it. But glad out archer bird has some supporters coming in.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Eh, I never really put much credit into the Japanese Pokemon poll, since it wasn’t really an indicator of who will get in and didn’t represent the Pokémon fan base as a whole.

(Seriously the lack of Decidueye on the top 14 is horrendous, what).

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why, but I keep reading the title as "Alola's Adorable Archer".

Now I haven't played Pokemon in a long, long time so the appeal of this character is a bit lost on me. But hey, it looks cool, so I don't see why it can't get in. But a lot of arguments that I seen about it is giving me war flashbacks to the Brawl days. I remember people hyping up Blaziken and Deoxys because we "NEEDED" a 3rd gen Pokemon rep. And then Brawl skipped it in favor to Lucario. This just seems too simaliar, honestly.

But I guess only time will tell. I just wanted to put my 2 cents here because I keep seeing this character mentioned in predictions and "leaks" alot.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I never really put much credit into the Japanese Pokemon poll, since it wasn’t really an indicator of who will get in and didn’t represent the Pokémon fan base as a whole.

(Seriously the lack of Decidueye on the top 14 is horrendous, what).
Me neither. I'm just sick of it being brought up as a factor when it clearly never was.
I mean, Chandelure won the Gen 5 poll, but I'm pretty sure it was never even brought up until after it got into Pokken, was it?
(That said Chandelure is my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see it in Smash even if it will never happen)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Me neither. I'm just sick of it being brought up as a factor when it clearly never was.
I mean, Chandelure won the Gen 5 poll, but I'm pretty sure it was never even brought up until after it got into Pokken, was it?
(That said Chandelure is my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see it in Smash even if it will never happen)
Yeah, I don’t use popularity as a factor when supporting Lycanroc or Decidueye because by the time either we’re selected, popularity wouldn’t have been a factor, at all.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support, the Rowlet line is one of my favorite starters in general and I think Decidueye would be the best possible Pokemon rep for SSBU.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If not Ashley for a potential October reveal, how fitting would it be if Decidueye were revealed then instead?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or an EVO reveal because of Pokkén Tournament. :p

D

Deleted member

Shoot I just heard too, DasVergeben on Gamefaqs said Decidueye was not the gen 7 Pokemon rep. Well time to fly to Japan, me and Daddy Sakurai are going to have some words. I'm joking of course the man is wonderful and I respect and am thankful for everything he's done for Super Smash Bros. If I met him I'd only offer praise and want, to shake his hand, great man am thankful for all he's done my best to him. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be great!

Decidueye if this is really the end... I'm not leaving your side I still support you your still my favourite Pokemon (always will be.) And if your not the gen 7 rep I will main whoever it is for you and, play them in your name, my owl archer this is not the end, cause I'm with you to the end.

D

Deleted member

Still sticking around even if this is true, I ain't abandoning my... Our owl archer, plus I like Minikyu, Lycanroc, and Incineroar, esspescially Incineroar it's great. Ahem... That all aside I will try to main one of them if it's one of them, but in my heart I'll do it in support of whatever, it is and Decidueye too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I'm just happy the wording implied we ARE getting an Alola Pokémon though. It would have sucked a lot more if we didn't get one at all.

I guess you can say Owl's Well That Ends Well.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Vergeben is all talk no show since E3. Let's wait before ringing the doom bells.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The leaker has gotten some leaks wrong in the past so there is still a sliver of hope, but considering he correctly leaked base form Goku/Vegeta in FighterZ and TMNT in Injustice 2 (which almost no one saw coming) this has me worried. I'm still holding out hope for my favorite grass starter but I won't be surprised if Lycanroc, Incineroar, or Mimikyu makes it in instead.

D

Deleted member

Pfft, don't really care regardless, of which one it is I like all three so if it's one of them, I'm content.

Still adore Decidueye always will be my favourite Pokemon,

It's in Pokken Tournament,

Plus is very popular so not a complete loss.

That said always going to adore this Pokemon and even if it'll never be in my favourite fighting game series, I always will support it and use it well in Pokemon Sun. (My best Pokemon in fact so yeah all good.)

So yeah not a complete loss.

So Decidueye goodbye Incineroar, Mimikyu, Lycanroc step up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The leaker has gotten some leaks wrong in the past so there is still a sliver of hope, but considering he correctly leaked base form Goku/Vegeta in FighterZ and TMNT in Injustice 2 (which almost no one saw coming) this has me worried. I'm still holding out hope for my favorite grass starter but I won't be surprised if Lycanroc, Incineroar, or Mimikyu makes it in instead.
And Ridley playable and snake and Iceies comeback and no cuts as well is the bigger key the smash stuff is legit

And to bare in mind unlike other leakers he informs as soon as possible if he got false information

D

Deleted member

Heh... Let's see how things go sorry if I overacted guys honestly I'm not down about it just kind of relieved I guess. Still support it no matter what let's see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I think I just pooped my heart out.
That said I still don't believe Vergeben. I've yet to see what exactly makes him so credible. In other words, don't lose hope guys...
...heh. Seems like everyone believes it. I'm not at all surprised.
Yeah, I think I've had just about enough with Smash speculation for a lifetime.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Don't take Vergeben too seriously. He's gotten a few things right, both with Smash Ultimate and with other games, but has definitely gotten plenty wrong. I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

It seems to me like whenever some time has passed without himself being talked about, he says something new to bring back the spotlight. Such as saying any leak without Simon or Isabelle is false, saying certain characters won't make it in, etc. Vergeben holds back info, uses vague descriptions, and tries to falsify other leaks. It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.

Don't lose hope on Decidueye, no matter what some random on the internet says.

D

Deleted member

So Vergeben said there will be no Lycanroc or Mimikyu neither..
That's pretty much the only silver lining about this, should he actually be correct about it.
Both are poor options imo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Decidueye isn't playable in Smash, then does that mean Decidueye in Pokken was a consolation prize?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only other obvious choice is that fire tiger. Which would be the most disappointing choice.

Unless somehow Golisopod gets in. Then that'd rock.

D

Deleted member

Hmph what a complete and utter waste, wasting my time,on a fool who might not even know a thing. Whatever, won't happen again.

Terms of Lycanroc and Mimikyu, they had and still have just as much as a chance as Decidueye, maybe even more. So they shouldn't be swept under the rug so easily.

Anyway we ether get a new Pokemon or not. Ether way I'm happy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmph what a complete and utter waste, wasting my time,on a fool who might not even know a thing. Whatever, won't happen again.

Terms of Lycanroc and Mimikyu, they had and still have just as much as a chance as Decidueye, maybe even more. So they shouldn't be swept under the rug so easily.

Anyway we ether get a new Pokemon or not. Ether way I'm happy.
If Verg is right, then YES - they DO have just as much chance.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Golisopod is Guzma's main, and he's an important character in the games.

But Guzma's not in the anime at all. Which is weird and probably harms any chance he had

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't believe a word Vergeben says about this. He has gotten many things wrong in the past, and he has backtracked/edited some of his statements. When Decidueye is confirmed, I hope people will finally stop treating his word as if he's the law.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The only other obvious choice is that fire tiger. Which would be the most disappointing choice.

Unless somehow Golisopod gets in. Then that'd rock.
I mean there's still ultra beasts, necrozma, zeraora and marshadow. But incineroar is looking the most likely if the leak is true sadly

Last edited:

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
I agree with AlphaSSB AlphaSSB about this whole Vergeben leak. The predictions he made were not all that impressive or a big surprise. Or at least not “leak” worthy. People really underestimated how likely Ridley was. The only thing “preventing” his inclusion was his size, which is a easy hurdle to bypass. Especially after the VERY visible outrage for Ridley during/after Sm4sh speculation. Ridley even got a big following for the Smash Ballot, AFTER being deconfirmed. Ice Climbers are trivially easy to predict. They were the only veteran to be cut after two games, and not even by choice, but by hardware limitations. After Ultimate’s reveal, people seem to believe that any leak with a cut veteran has some sort of validity. If this leak mentioned that ALL veterans were coming back (you know one of, probably the, BIGGEST focus of Ultimate) I’d probably be more for it. But I don’t see how he could only mention ICs without knowing everyone is here. Simon hasn’t even seen the light of day yet if he’s even here. Simon has fair chances, but since he wasn’t at E3, this really hurts the leak imo. Plus no mention of Daisy or Echo Fighters. This leak just seems like hot air or with very unreliable sources. I get that Vergeben has gotten other leaks like TMNT but has he gotten any NINTENDO leaks? Cause I would assume you’d need different sources for different companies. Plus Nintendo is VERY secretive with their products. His other two leaks don’t seem to scale to Nintendo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Don't take Vergeben too seriously. He's gotten a few things right, both with Smash Ultimate and with other games, but has definitely gotten plenty wrong. I don't put much into him guessing Ridley at E3, because I guessed the same thing would happen. No cuts from Smash 4 wasn't a hard guess, either. Snake coming back was a risky call, but was never impossible. And if you're going to guess Snake, Simon Belmont isn't far behind. It seems to me that he managed to guess some stuff right, and is trying to keep this going as long as possible.

It seems to me like whenever some time has passed without himself being talked about, he says something new to bring back the spotlight. Such as saying any leak without Simon or Isabelle is false, saying certain characters won't make it in, etc. Vergeben holds back info, uses vague descriptions, and tries to falsify other leaks. It sounds to me that he wants all the attention on himself, and I think it's only a matter of time before his lust for attention causes him to slip up.

Don't lose hope on Decidueye, no matter what some random on the internet says.
I do agree that's why I'm being cautious about this leak and not buying into it especially what happened with gemusatu

As for Isabelle that's a safe bet

No decidueye that's a safe bet based on which ones are advertised the most out all them
(I don't think mimikyu going to make it either simply because I see better as a pokeball pokemon than a playable)

The only not so safe bet is lycanroc

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Vergeben is a fraud. It's absolutely pathetic that so many people are abandoning Decidueye and flocking over to the bara tiger now. They never cared about Decidueye. They just wanted to support whoever was trendy at the time. I'm still hoping for him no matter what some random person on the Internet says.

Top Bottom