• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alola's Arboreal Archer - The Decidueye for Smash Thread (RIP the dream)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Count me in support of Robbin' Hoot. Best-looking of the Gen 7 starters by far, and the only Gen 7 'mon I want to consider a possible rival to him is YA BOI's Golisopod.

I'd like to have both, but let me support the one I already see first.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Decidueye will be great for Smash. If Pokemon has one spot, I'll be happy with Decidueye, if they have 2, I want Mimikyu as a fighter too.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
This is Awesome! He is my main in pokken and my most wanted newcomer in smash switch!

Count me in as a supporter

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
The stars align. The next generation of pokemon came out and the grass starter is the popular one. And has plenty of potential mechanics available that make sense. Now the triad can be completed and the universe resolved.
Oh sir yes please. Charizard Greninja and Decidueye. It's perfect and finally makes up for them taking my Pokemon trainer!

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
I love archers, I love grass types, I love ghost types, I love birds... so, naturally, I support Decidueye for Smash. He seems like the most likely Gen 7 representative, although Mimikyu has a chance, too. Anyway, yeah, throw me in the supporter ring.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Let's keep in mind that Incineroar and Litten are both listed seperately, and that Decidueye is the only fully evolved Alolan starter not on the list, so I doubt it.
That said, I don't think this poll means anything for Smash.
I agree. Since Smash Switch is likely coming out this year, that would mean the roster has already been finalized before this poll was done. When Greninja was chosen by Sakurai to be in Smash, he didn't even know if it would become popular or not.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I agree. Since Smash Switch is likely coming out this year, that would mean the roster has already been finalized before this poll was done. When Greninja was chosen by Sakurai to be in Smash, he didn't even know if it would become popular or not.
Watch us get Incineroar then

*tears*

D

Deleted member

Watch us get Incineroar then

*tears*
I mean, Incineroar is possible.
Like I just said in the speculation thread, any Gen 7 mon could get the Greninja treatment.
I wouldn't be upset if he got in but I'd still vastly prefer Deciedueye.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I mean, Incineroar is possible.
Like I just said in the speculation thread, any Gen 7 mon could get the Greninja treatment.
I wouldn't be upset if he got in but I'd still vastly prefer Deciedueye.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want Incineroar haha. Decidueye for dayz, yo!

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t mind Incineroar it combines two of my favourite things professional wrestling and Pokémon. Plus the design and it’s stats are beast it is one one of my favourite Pokémon. Plus it just cleans house for me in Pokémon Ultra Sun. So I wouldn’t mind in getting in. Still want Decidueye more though.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Don't know who this Incineroar guy is or why people are insisting he's some kind of Pokémon.

All I remember is Alola has no Fire-type starter, for some reason.

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
You can add me to the support list!

I ALWAYS pick the grass type starters when I play a Pokemon game. I've been doing that since Bulbasaur... So I would really like to see a Grass starter finally make it in Smash! (And one that is its own stand alone character. Not switched around with two other pokemon!)

D

Deleted member

Don’t worry my support will always stand with the owl archer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Definitely not my most wanted Pokemon to see as a Smash character, but I really like Decidueye's design and think he actually has a chance. Count me as a supporter.

I can see the Sinister Arrow Raid Final Smash in my head.

D

Deleted member

I'lll add you guys to the list when I have access to my laptop (I'm currently typing this on mobile).
Don't know who this Incineroar guy is or why people are insisting he's some kind of Pokémon.

All I remember is Alola has no Fire-type starter, for some reason.
That's Kalos you're thinking about

D

Deleted member

Wow, least favorite Pokémon huh? Out of all of them? Now I'm really curious as to why the Delphox hatred, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
Well I just think it looks really ugly and that the mage motif could be used so much better. Also because its cry is hideous.
Me being an avid Greninja fanboy might also play a part.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Hey all! I support Decidueye. As a starter in Sun/Moon I actually prefer Primarina, but as a Smash fighter I would rather see Decidueye.

D

Deleted member

Added every new supporter.
No, I'm quite sure it's Alola. Delphox was a refreshing change from Fighting-type starters.
Personally I don't think different always equates good (And I found Emboar to be decent and Infernape is amazing), but to each their own.

Luigi player

Smash Master
When thinking of Gen 7 representation I can only think of 2 choices: Incineroar and Decidueye (I've looked through the whole dex and they would definitely be the most obvious choices by far. I also think it's possible they'll just skip a Gen again and include a Gen 8 rep).

I don't want Incineroar, though.. even if his wrestling style would somewhat fit into Smash.
Decidueye would probably be really fun, though. So I'd definitely support Decidueye. :)

When I think of a moveset I always think of Pit, though.. lol. ~2 doublejumps, arrows, ... but I like the movesets in the OP, too. I guess it would just be a few somewhat similar traits and the rest could be original (or Leafage copied from Ivysaur? lol).
A bit slower, but with partially good range is what I'd imagine for it.

He'd be a fun addition to the roster imo (definitely a more deserving one than Dark Pit).

D

Deleted member

When thinking of Gen 7 representation I can only think of 2 choices: Incineroar and Decidueye (I've looked through the whole dex and they would definitely be the most obvious choices by far. I also think it's possible they'll just skip a Gen again and include a Gen 8 rep).

I don't want Incineroar, though.. even if his wrestling style would somewhat fit into Smash.
Decidueye would probably be really fun, though. So I'd definitely support Decidueye. :)

When I think of a moveset I always think of Pit, though.. lol. ~2 doublejumps, arrows, ... but I like the movesets in the OP, too. I guess it would just be a few somewhat similar traits and the rest could be original (or Leafage copied from Ivysaur? lol).
A bit slower, but with partially good range is what I'd imagine for it.

He'd be a fun addition to the roster imo (definitely a more deserving one than Dark Pit).
Welcome aboard!
This reminds me that I need to write down my moveset for Decidueye. I've already visualized most of it in my head, but I'm not very good at describing things. Maybe next week.

D

Deleted member

Good too see so many Decidueye supporters it deserves it!

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
We can only hope it can actually make the cut. It certainly has the material to make itself stand out from the rest of the Alolan Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

I'd only be upset if Mimikyu gets in over Decidueye, but it's not my decision to make.
He made an amazing Pokemon choice last game. Hopefully he makes another great choice.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want Decidueye more than any other Pokémon in Smash (save for maybe Zoroark taking a lot of cues from MvC2 Wolverine because I love MvC2 Wolverine more than some people love their families), but all of the top Gen 7 candidates for Smash are fantastic.

Really Gen 7 has the most "fantastic" Pokémon since the original Generation. Just a shame the Gen 7 games lack content, replay value, and didn't combine a lot of the neat stuff of all the Gen 4, 5 and 6 games into a much better game with more content and replayability. Also, why the hell aren't Train and Gym Leader rematches a permanent thing yet?

That should have been a permanent thing in 2000. If I can do that in the Pokémon Trading Card game, why is that not a thing in the mainline games=??? :laugh: :facepalm: :ohwell:

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I would also like to throw my support for Decidueye as he is also my favorite Alolan starter. And I also agree that Gen 7 just has so much potential as there are several other potential candidates to choose from like Lurantis, Tapu Koko, Gollisopod, Bewear, Incineroar, Mimikyu etc. but thinking about it its kind of sad that Pokken tournament didnt take advantage of Gen 7.

D

Deleted member

I’d be a little down if any other Pokémon gets in over Decidueye. But I’d be happy too see a newcomer still want Decidueye more then anything!

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Decidueye has a decent chance of getting in, but it's kind of hard to tell who they went for this time though. They probably finalized the roster sometimes in 2016 and any new pokémon was probably chosen à la Greninja... aka way before their first game came out and just because they looked cool. Let's just hope Sakurai thought Bird Archer looked cooler than Wrestling Cat...

Nonetheless, I still support them! It'd definetely be cool to have one starter for each type again!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m thinking maybe neutral be can be spirit shackle up b brave bird as a damage dealing move but also does recoil damage, leaf blade as a side b. And down b low sweep or pluck. Aerials, standard, and smash attacks can be a combination of these things. Plus other moves.

This is just an idea for moves from me let me know what you guys think. Decidueye is such a versatile Pokémon it can have a plethora of moves. Sakurai can have a field day with a move set and of course final smash will be, Sinister Arrow Raid.

Top Bottom