• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alola's Arboreal Archer - The Decidueye for Smash Thread (RIP the dream)

D

Deleted member

Count me as a supporter please!
We need an owl archer in Smash Brothers.
Edit: Nice job on the move-set Opossum, I give it a 10/10!

Last edited by a moderator:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Decidueye is my favourite of the starters in Gen 7, and I absolutely love its concept (feathers as arrows, vines as a bow, etc).

Plus it's an owl and an archer - what's not to love?! Count me in as a supporter!

andimidna

Smash Master
Personally, I picked Popplio, but when it comes to Smash, no S&M Poke fits as well as Decidueye. I think it’d be a shame to seem him passed like Zoroark/Gen 5 was. His popularity, personality, and typing is really interesting. Definitely waiting for him or Mimikyu lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just realized that I prefer grass starters over other starters.

Red/Blue = I chose Bulbasaur
Gold/Silver = I chose Chikorita
Ruby/Sapphire = I choose Torchic (exception)
Diamond/Pearl = I didn’t play
Black/White = I didn’t play
X/Y = I chose Chespin
Sun/Moon = I chose Rowlet

Also in Brawl, I really liked playing as Ivysaur a lot. Maybe that’s part of the reason I support Decidueye.

D

Deleted member

Good too see so many people who support Decidueye. We all have a common and vested interest in the owl archer getting in. We will also to continue to show our support for it !

D

Deleted member

Welcome everyone new and old the support for Decidueye is rising and gets stronger day by day! Our efforts will hopefully be him getting into Smash!

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Thanks to the Pokémon Bank distributions, I do have a Decidueye. I'd like to see the attributes and attacks the bird has for myself. This would be good if I were to make a moveset for the Grass/Ghost type I support.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good too see another face. Decidueye supporters new and old always welcome!

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Mimikyu can just die please. We already have Pikachu and minikyu is just an old ragged pikachu. Decidueye or riot!

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
I'm a supporter of Decidueye. Fell in love with that bird when I first saw it in the Sun / Moon leak a few years ago, it's so cool. Hoping if Sakurai wants to add a new Pokemon into the mix, he decides to complete the type triangle by adding in Decidueye.

Mimikyu, Incineroar and a few others that are also usually looked at as a possible new playable Pokemon are fine and all but I legitimately believe that Decidueye fits in the most.

D

Deleted member

Mimikyu and Incineroar would be welcome but Decidueye is what we want owl archer or not go.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Mimikyu can just die please. We already have Pikachu and minikyu is just an old ragged pikachu. Decidueye or riot!
Eh. I feel like that's a harsh statement, but Decidueye would definitely be a much more suitable Alola rep and one who would appeal to the most Pokemon fans as starters tend to be the most popular mons with a few exceptions like Lucario and Mewtwo. Mimikyu should at least be a background mon on a stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a very strong dislike towards Mimikyu myself, but I really do try to avoid taking potshots at other Gen 7 contenders because I might end up setting myself up for disappointment.
That said, I do think Decidueye is one of the Gen 7 frontrunners by the virtue of being a starter and he fits into Sakura's uniqueness criteria. I've got a pretty good feeling about this.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Got the Decidueye part of my little Smash project done! Here you go, this took a while because his shape is a bit complex and I have little experience drawing him previously.
decidueye..png

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that I prefer grass starters over other starters.

Red/Blue = I chose Bulbasaur
Gold/Silver = I chose Chikorita
Ruby/Sapphire = I choose Torchic (exception)
Diamond/Pearl = I didn’t play
Black/White = I didn’t play
X/Y = I chose Chespin
Sun/Moon = I chose Rowlet

Also in Brawl, I really liked playing as Ivysaur a lot. Maybe that’s part of the reason I support Decidueye.
Same!!
I have never not chosen the grass starters! I decided to make it a tradition in Gen 3 to always pick the grass starter! In Gen 1 I picked Bulbasaur, gen 2 I picked Chikorita. Then I realized I had a pattern going and decided to keep it going by picking Treeko in Gen 3!

Before Rowlet was even announced I knew I was going to pick it. So I was super excited to see the grass starter was the popular one this time around!

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Pencil me in as a supporter.

Rowlet is my absolute favorite starter, and I feel that Decidueye, along with Rex and Pyra, are the most likely 1st party newcomers.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I haven't played the latest Pokemon games, and I was hoping the grass rep was cool enough for Smash. This guys looks awesome.

It totally has a sixpack too, an owl with abs.

StormC

Smash Hero
Please put me as a supporter. Decidueye is my favorite Alolan starter and has so much potential for cool moves. Also the first playable Ghost type and in general has a very striking, unique design. I'd say he's in my top 5 most wanted for this game.

D

Deleted member

I'm considering making a Discord server for Decidueye. Is anyone up for that?

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Decidueye makes to much sense as a fighter to not be in smash switch. Therefore, I have concluded that Sakurai will add another fire emblem character with a counter instead of decidueye.

D

Deleted member

More support for Decidueye good too see it deserves it and it’s chances to get in Smash are increasing.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
He's got a really unique potential playstyle, both being a ghost and an archer. I just hope that if they put him in Smash they make him much faster than the he is in the games, but judging by Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario, Smash tends to slow Pokemon down significantly.

D

Deleted member

Just a heads up, I made a Discord server for Gen 7 Pokemon newcomers. It's still work in progress, but I'll send a link to this thread (as well as some other Gen 7 Pokemon threads) once I'm done.

He's got a really unique potential playstyle, both being a ghost and an archer. I just hope that if they put him in Smash they make him much faster than the he is in the games, but judging by Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario, Smash tends to slow Pokemon down significantly.
Do you want to be added to the supporters list?

D

Deleted member

I can imagine Decidueye and how it will move and attack probably not the fastest but able to string and combo together. Some nifty arrow and archer based attacks plus use it's array of versatile Moveset to attack!

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Decidueye would be a pretty cool inclusion. I feel like his moves would have a lot of potential. plus it would complete the grass-fire-water triangle of starters in Smash assuming they keep Greninja and Charizard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes the type triangle would be complete. Plus we'd get a grass starter finally it would be good, and complete that trend.

D

Deleted member

Completing the type triangle is at the bottom of the priority scale imo.
What's important is that we get a cool ghostly archer that can fly.

StormC

Smash Hero
Decidueye is a starter which is as close to a main character as you can get in Pokemon. His unique playstyle and design are his biggest pluses, but it's nice to have type variety among the playable Pokemon.

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how his spirit shackle will work. I hope he has leafage too and some spooky ghosty movements.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Just finished this. I really like how it turned out, and I believe you guys here will love it!

1 - Default
2 - Shiny
3 - Blaziken
4 - Empoleon
5 - Talonflame
6 - Noctowl
7 - The season of Autumn/Fall
8 - Snowy Owls

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just finished this. I really like how it turned out, and I believe you guys here will love it!

1 - Default
2 - Shiny
3 - Blaziken
4 - Empoleon
5 - Talonflame
6 - Noctowl
7 - The season of Autumn/Fall
8 - Snowy Owls
This is really well done. I especially love the Empoleon inspired one - blue fits Decidueye really well.
Can I add this to the OP?

Top Bottom