• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Almo's Mass Gathering 2 Results and Shoutouts

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

Textures also do not show up in replays if you watch them without the codes on (in other words, the replays do not store texture data). However, Snapshots DO save the textures even without the codes on (this is obvious) so you can show off to your friends that you can do texture hacking now!

I take that to mean that replays are affected in the same way as regular matches, as in they use whatever textures are there at the current time and change if you add any new ones. So I think you can add new textures to old replays, just not old snapshots.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Replays are regular matches. There is no reason the textures wouldn't map on. Replays are just a match that runs on a macro of all the inputs. Or however is the right technical talk for that.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

Textures also do not show up in replays if you watch them without the codes on (in other words, the replays do not store texture data). However, Snapshots DO save the textures even without the codes on (this is obvious) so you can show off to your friends that you can do texture hacking now!

I take that to mean that replays are affected in the same way as regular matches, as in they use whatever textures are there at the current time and change if you add any new ones. So I think you can add new textures to old replays, just not old snapshots.
are u sure? cause i remember reading something about textures not working on old replays or something....that was probably with the old version of the code if anything

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
No, I'm not sure, I'm just reading the topic and interpreting it >_>

But by all logic the replays should be identical to actually playing matches.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've added textures to my Wii, and Phazon Zero Suit showed up when I watched a match between myself and OBM, back from MM14.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yay then I'll try some textures out when I go to upload them then. I honestly wouldn't mind playing competitively with textures on but I don't think people would like it due to possibly distracting. It would probably just give people more reason to john. Shame.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Yay then I'll try some textures out when I go to upload them then. I honestly wouldn't mind playing competitively with textures on but I don't think people would like it due to possibly distracting. It would probably just give people more reason to john. Shame.
That's what I'm worried about. I do my best to make sure each character's green/blue/red textures are either untouched or replaced with a similar color for teams. Even then, johns are inevitable =(

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I don't know if it would be much of a problem for me with altered characters, but the level hacks wolfy had would have distracted me pretty bad. The norfair one was kind of intense.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I've added textures to my Wii, and Phazon Zero Suit showed up when I watched a match between myself and OBM, back from MM14.
ah ok, then it was probably for an older version of the code that i read that then. no biggie XD

joebot

Smash Rookie
same. and yeah joebot, i don't play rob's really, so im assuming just fair you out of that? idk who's fair comes out quicker or which one outranges the other.
Just spam up-b as fast as you can.

Don't try to jump out of it unless I already used my jumps, and if you do then up-b quickly so I don't get you with another fair out of my up-b.

Almo

Smash Ace
Just spam up-b as fast as you can.

Don't try to jump out of it unless I already used my jumps, and if you do then up-b quickly so I don't get you with another fair out of my up-b.
i don't think it would ever happen in singles. it only happened in teams because of where i started.

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it would be much of a problem for me with altered characters, but the level hacks wolfy had would have distracted me pretty bad. The norfair one was kind of intense.
Phazon Norfair is messed up. The pillars of lava are invisible, so if they're used competitively, Norfair has to be banned. The Delfino Plaza one seems okay though.

Top Bottom