• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
As a reminder folks, our event is less than two weeks away!

The stations we will have for the console tournaments will be setup for open play outside of the tournament schedule too.

For full details head to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332868

If you have anything you want to ask, say, or whatever, please post it in the linked thread, that way we can keep track of it. We want to hear from you! Even if you _don't_ like what we're doing, tell us, and why!

But, if you do like what we're doing, be sure to attend!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Revived in the facebook group lol

We direct all the new people there and just mention smashboards.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Lonely... I am so lonely.... I have nobody... to call me own, oooooooh.

As far as I'm concerned, smashboards has always been dead boards, it just sometimes bustles, but 90% of people have to be contacted directly if you actually want to get a message out. This applies to the facebook group too because the only people who are using it are just using it to randomly comment and the other half unsub'd

What surprises me, and I mean this legitimate surprised me, is how unwilling to support my forum the group was considering the recent "migration" if you'd call it that. Not complaining, if people aren't gonna use it, they aren't, it's just, well, where is your smashboards(God*)(JesusStevo**) now?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
no u are complaining but thats ok, the popularity of your forums is directly related to how popular you are though. to actually go on your forums there requires a commitment to what you are doing. People are even complaining about having to check the facebook group, noone actually wants to play super smash brothers it seems unless it completely conforms to their wants. Our community is weak and not developing, im glad i have a real friend that is interested in seeing me improve and grow as a player.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Facebook is hardly a migration. It worked cause most of us go on it everyday anyways. Adding another site that enters the routine is asking for a lot more.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
It's a migration for the newer players IMO, or at least that was my point because it's easier and more common to introduce new players there than here.

And No Clarke, I wasn't complaining, not there. I mean I DO complain, because it sucks, but I was noting my surprise, your attitude of everyone being the bad guy is just as bad as everyone actually being the bad guy you know. My lack of popularity stems from a lot of what made me unpopular in the first place, ironically me wanting support made me unsupported. But if you really want something you have to stick with it, if you want change, you have to change, thats just how it is. I hope nobody has any hard feelings against me on a professional level considering what I've done for the community, but I can't blame anyone for not liking me personally, it's just how it is.

I think you should hop on the neutral wagon Clarke, it's important that our community supporters aren't all cynical assholes all the time because it won't be very friendly to new people, and well, I want new people.

edit: I am the tournament host Smash Bros needs but not the one it deserves

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Clarke, you're forgetting that at least 75% of the melee players are old school people. I've been playing this game for 7 years, and it loses it's flavour easily if I play it anymore than once a week.

All the old school players have already been through the big scene, with an abundance of new players and a growing community. So for us to get out of our way and try to make it grow a second time is not what a lot of us want to really do. That's why you see lackluster attempts or people just wanting to smash for the sake of smash, and not try to make the community grow to like 5000 people.

Of course there are certain individuals who still want to grow the community and personally, props to them. But honestly if smash completely died, it wouldn't change anything to me.

PS. I play smash to hang out with friends, moreover to play smash itself.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I play smash for the people, and I prefer doubles. My best friends are through smash.

That being said, I'm all for supporting it, but don't blame people who are just past it, All I've ever asked is to respect the wishes of us who are trying to make things better.

Top Bottom