• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i always dair -> falling uair -> retreating nair and i very rarely get punished for it during that whole string

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lololol everyone always cries that i spam side b, but it's only because thats the move they notice the most.

i honesty spam dair -> uair way more than anything, and I feel like I miss out on a lot of opportunities where sideb would be good.

Stevo

Smash Champion
you can't actually shield grab side-b anyway. You would have to wave dash out of shield into grab, as Wario bounces backwards when hitting a shield. Or.... I guess it's probably more-so he pushes them.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah theres a little bounce afterwards that puts him out of shield grab range, its hilarious

wario can cancel the landing lag of his sideb when he lands on plats so he can go directly into falling/jumping aerials which i've been trying to make use of haha

i also need to use bite, dmash, and grab more xD

Stevo

Smash Champion
yeah theres a little bounce afterwards that buts him out of shield grab range, its hilarious

wario can cancel the landing lag of his sideb when he lands on plats so he can go directly into falling/jumping aerials which i've been trying to make use of haha

i also need to use bite, dmash, and grab more xD
also, if you press down while shoulder charging you cancel it and does a weak hit, which you can use to throw people off and even cross over shields. I found it pretty useful.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah that was a nice buff since the last patch.

and yeah i need more wafts. just not used to worrying about something like that haha

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I shouldn't say you specifically spam it, but go ahead and watch those crew battles. It was like watching a 5 year old try to eat a tooth that just fell out of it's own mouth, it's painful to watch. Those Sideb's worked way too often

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
dont use the match against me as a reference lol, i had no idea what i was doing and ate candy till i almost got sick before the crew battle.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol brad

Those ___ worked far too often

Insert into blank:
a) Falco Dairs/Shines
b) Fox Nairs/Shines
c) Peach Dsmashes
d) Shiek f-tilt -> fairs
e) Falcon stomp -> knees
f) chaingrabs
g) list goes on

Only difference is that wario side-b is something youre not used to seeing abused. It's like falco pub stomping players who dont know how to handle shine/dair pressure.

Thats why i pub stomped calgary so bad, no one knows how to handle it. I'm not able to land side-bs as often on players like Luke, and Ron (sometimes lol) since theyre more used to dealing with it

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
you know what didn't work as well as I would've liked?

Mario.

God knows why too, he's so freakin' good.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Everything good about mario + everything good about doc + increased comboability + better recovery on wall stages

? Iuno. Reminds me of Falcon with more disjoint and a projectile but slower.

Subzer0_king68

Smash Cadet
Mario in relation to all the other characters only got so much better, other characters may have received many more buffs. Also his grab range is still butt lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Everything good about mario + everything good about doc + increased comboability + better recovery on wall stages

? Iuno. Reminds me of Falcon with more disjoint and a projectile but slower.
except he doesn't have everything good about mario + everything good about doc

missing doc's cape, doc's pills, Mario's Fair for combos** and missing other characters being worse than him still.

He is actually just Doc minus a couple things with Mario's f-smash and a "better" recovery. (I still think pills are really good for recovering high, though)

**before you say he has both, actually try to use the spike part of it in a real match. Plus, I think it is still a meteor lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The spike is easy to do... And it combos into itself which is really amazing. He has maybe the best grab game now since dair easily leads into grabs or grab setups. And idk what you mean about his cape... It edge gaurds so well.

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's Mario cape and not doc cape. I was saying it is not the best of doc and Mario put together, because Doc's cape is better, and he has Mario's cape, not that it isn't useful.

as for the spike, it's not so much about it being easy to do, more so about ease of using it in a match. I could be wrong there though, because I'm so used to melee timing where I can hit with it as fast as I need to. The spike could be useful versus side stepping I guess.... who sidesteps anyway though lol.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wow they didn't extend the hitbox on the cape to be like docs? I thought that would've been the first things they would do lol.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I feel like thats not all true, a lot of things about PM mario is neither doc nor mario. it's marios range with doc's power.

His comboability is better on lighter characters, worse on heavier (compared to melee) at least these are true IMO.

The cape is lightning fast and has a huge hitbox, as well as the buffering system makes people do silly things after they get hit by it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I agree that the cape is really good. Mostly I just don't think that saying he is good stuff of Mario + good stuff of Doc is completely accurate (even though that's how everyone puts it)

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mario, but I don't see where all the hype about him being amazing comes from. I guess it's probably because people underestimate him in Melee.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Mario is really good in melee if you can get all the edgegaurds, and pull off all the combos. The thing is, is that his moveset data makes it hard for all of these things to happen, so that's why he's so low on the tier list. PM mario makes all of his combos WAY easier, like uair strings to fsmash are just so easy to land and kill really early too. He now has a guaranteed kill setup from grab that kills stupid early. He will convert on most of his edgegaurds now because he has doc bair. He's like melee mario but on steroids, so naturally he's gonna be good.

Stevo

Smash Champion
how are his up air strings to forward smash any different from melee? shouldn't they be just as easy? and yeah, he has the guaranteed kill from grab from Doc, and the edgeguarding of doc (minus the cape hitbox), which is why I say he is like Doc in melee, with mario f-smash.

I dunno, he still just seems like a very slightly buffed Doc, minus pills.

Top Bottom